Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
If I was going to run a shattered legion, it would be SoH, RG and BA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Why would you play anything other than traitors. Chaos reigns biiiitch

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

panascope posted:

Magnus thought that too. Look what happened to his planet. :black101:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
One of the local players in my area is putting together a Death Guard/Iron Warriors/Imperial Fists loyalist Shattered Legion, apparently built around The Reaping.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'd run a SoH, Thousand Sons, and Blood Angles shattered legion. Their fluff would be that they are regularly mad, but also secretly gay for each other

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

I read this in Ricks voice

DJ Dizzy posted:

Magnus thought that too. Look what happened to his planet. :black101:

Yeah he got a sweet demon planet in hell instead

Also he got turned into a monkey

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Hixson posted:

I read this in Ricks voice

Yeah he got a sweet demon planet in hell instead

Also he got turned into a monkey

Speaking of Magnus I just finished A Thousands Sons today. It was pretty fun and entertaining read and enjoyed the insights into Magnus and the Emperor. I will also say that if I had read this first instead of Betrayer and Aurelian I would have A Thousand Sons army instead of a Word Bearers army.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Soooooo shattered legions and dark compliance armies are only playable with your opponents consent, how strange. I suppose the combos you could come up with would be pretty mean.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I think its a way to avoid rampant "formationization" by keeping everything not in the core game consent-only.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, they also FAQed relics into the same place. Not really a bad move.

Blackshields are a legit army though, which is awesome.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Same with the alternative FoC's. Although I think the average 30k ham isn't out to abuse some bullshit, so anything more than a "yo, care if I run a shattered legion?" Probably isn't needed.

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hello?

...is this thing on?

testing...testing....one two...one two

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My first batch of tac marines from my BaC box. So much more to work on...got a new air brush...which is nice.

anywho..

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

CasualSalmon posted:

My first batch of tac marines from my BaC box. So much more to work on...got a new air brush...which is nice.

anywho..

Fancy!

I love the white against the dark purple.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

CasualSalmon posted:

anywho..

Dem's purdy.

I like how crisp the white is. Really well done.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

CasualSalmon posted:

anywho..

Dude, fix your photo's white balance in GIMP or whatever software you're using for these. It would go a long way.

Also, your models look great as usual

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Those look sweet. Painted up my Xiphon finally

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

CasualSalmon posted:

anywho..

All about that base, no treble...

Love those bases and the white looks soooo clean. Kind of jealous. Did you end up darkening the head cap on the sergeant or did you just make the loin cloth brighter?

Btw, it all looks like poo poo. And you are a garbage tabletop player.

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hixson posted:

Dude, fix your photo's white balance in GIMP or whatever software you're using for these. It would go a long way.

Also, your models look great as usual

Dude! Should have had you check that out when you were last up here.

I've tried spotting the black better and spotting the white in different locations and this was as good as I can get.

Also the camera phone is not doing me any favors either...

p.s. I now have proof that you have complimented me. this has grave implications.

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stanyer89 posted:

All about that base, no treble...

Btw, it all looks like poo poo. And you are a garbage tabletop player.

Statistically speaking I have no way of counter that.

Btw can I get a flare that says "bumping into stuff and calling it a human being" aka Stanyer

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

muggins posted:

Those look sweet. Painted up my Xiphon finally

did you like using the transfers? end result is pretty sweet man

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I have come to the conclusion that the BA heads with filligree are loving ugly. I like the "knight-look" of the GK heads and the other BA upgrade heads. Any ideas on where to get alternative heads?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Get some sweet rear end DA heads if you like knights:

Ebay or :ussr: are your best bets

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Its annoying. Theres like, 4-5 heads from a set that I like.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Then just get the ones you like from ebay, but expect to pay $2-$3 each. Or just buy 2-3 of those kits and part out the heads you don't like to break even. That's how I keep my hobby costs low while getting exactly the bits I want.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Dark Angels helmets are knightly as gently caress and rule. I spread eight of them among twenty Calth dudes and they've worked great. The remaining two heads are the bare one which sucks and one that I'm saving for a character or something. I don't know why I'm saving it because I will definitely be getting more of these things as I expand the army.

About to start priming these first twenty and then the real task begins. I wasted way too much time on converting a dual kheres contemptor and a cataphractii primus medicae.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Its annoying. Theres like, 4-5 heads from a set that I like.

Seconding Bulbasaur's "buy the kits, sell the pieces you don't need." Stress that it's genuine Forgeworld (if and only if it is!) and leave it on the original sprue, and you'll sell absolutely everything. I've made money on blank shoulder pads, plasma pistols, loving LASCUTTERS...

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Aight thanks duders.

Also: Blades of Perdition. I'm thinking of using the force halberds from the GK as my blades, due to A) the chaplain from BAC is getting converted to a libby, and I liked the idea of him having a halberd, and B) my Praetor on a jetbike would look silly with two hands on a sword.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Any goons done a Tormentor? Or got some cool ideas for one? I just picked up a plastic baneblade kit to make one but Im drawing a blank on how to make it special. Google is less than helpful and shows me the FW shadowsword and or shadowsword with hazard stripes.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

CasualSalmon posted:

anywho..

Missed this- great looking stuff my dude. We should get together and play some combat patrol or something. How many models are you up to now?

Hencoe posted:

Any goons done a Tormentor? Or got some cool ideas for one? I just picked up a plastic baneblade kit to make one but Im drawing a blank on how to make it special. Google is less than helpful and shows me the FW shadowsword and or shadowsword with hazard stripes.

How crazy are you for conversions? If I was doing one I'd probably base it on a fellblade or stromhammer chassis. Otherwise first thing I'd do is to swap out the stock sponsons for these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Weapon-Sponsons-Alpha-/261856737616

Or you could use an achilles alpha conversion kit to make armored sponsons like this, which is what I plan to do with my Falchion (ignore the dumb extra guns this dude glued on):

For the void shields I'd consider something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tank-Dynamo-2-Pack-/262114468069

That'll give you a tank like this:

Only thing left to do is make the that front heavy bolter into a turret because it sticking out like that is dumb. Exposing the front tracks a bit is also clutch and I guess you need a rear access hatch for good measure. Small tweaks, but it makes it look different.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

CasualSalmon posted:

did you like using the transfers? end result is pretty sweet man

Thanks, yeah I've used a ton of them. I wish the fw ones weren't so expensive. Micro set and micro sol make it really easy.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I just wanna chime in real quick and say that Anvil Industry makes some awesome aftermarket Ham bits. I bought some kneeling legs, hooded heads, and various weapon bits and they own. The "medieval" legs are perfect for MK III mans.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

DrPop posted:

I just wanna chime in real quick and say that Anvil Industry makes some awesome aftermarket Ham bits. I bought some kneeling legs, hooded heads, and various weapon bits and they own. The "medieval" legs are perfect for MK III mans.

They make some really nice chainglaives for Night Lords.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DO IT TO IT posted:

They make some really nice chainglaives for Night Lords.

Hm. On that note, I hope someone makes some plasma repeaters for Dark Angels. Otherwise, I'm just going to get plasma guns and say they're repeaters.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Some of the older Anvil models show their age, but they have some sweet bits.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Which compulsory HQ should I take with the assault RoW for BA, if the praetor is riding on a jetbike. Chaplain with jump pack?

HQ

Praetor: bolt pistol; Blade of Perdition; melta bombs; digital lasers; refractor field; jump pack; Rite of War (The Day of Revelation) 170
    Chaplain: artificer armour; Blade of Perdition; melta bombs; jump pack 140

Troops

10 Assault Space Marines: 1 Assault Sergeant 250
    10 Assault Space Marines: 1 Assault Sergeant (chainsword) 250
    10 Tactical Space Marines: chainswords; legion vexilla; 1 Tactical Sergeant 180
    10 Tactical Space Marines: chainswords; legion vexilla; 1 Tactical Sergeant 180

Fast Attack

Land Speeder Squadron
    Land Speeder: Iliastus assault cannon; graviton gun 70
    Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter: twin-linked autocannon; 2× 2 kraken penetrator heavy missiles; battle servitor control; ground-tracking auguries; ramjet diffraction grid 250
    Xiphon Pattern Interceptor: ground-tracking auguries; chaff launcher; armoured cockpit 225

Heavy Support

Sicaran Battle Tank: auxiliary drive 145

2.000 points

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 5, 2016

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014
Is anyone making knockoff Solar Auxillia or anything similar? I really like the retro-future aesthetic and am mostly just looking for other similar cool poo poo, especially better tanks.

Also, someone make Bulbasaur's av link to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y96iyHBhIe0

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Missed this- great looking stuff my dude. We should get together and play some combat patrol or something. How many models are you up to now?

How crazy are you for conversions? If I was doing one I'd probably base it on a fellblade or stromhammer chassis. Otherwise first thing I'd do is to swap out the stock sponsons for these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Weapon-Sponsons-Alpha-/261856737616

Or you could use an achilles alpha conversion kit to make armored sponsons like this, which is what I plan to do with my Falchion (ignore the dumb extra guns this dude glued on):

For the void shields I'd consider something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tank-Dynamo-2-Pack-/262114468069

That'll give you a tank like this:

Only thing left to do is make the that front heavy bolter into a turret because it sticking out like that is dumb. Exposing the front tracks a bit is also clutch and I guess you need a rear access hatch for good measure. Small tweaks, but it makes it look different.

Thanks! Looking at those pictures I thought about mounting the casemate forward like on the troop carrying variants and enclosing the back so it looks like it actually holds dudes inside rather than getting rained on. I like the sponson swaps but since I'm want to do both pairs of sponsons I need to find another little lascannon turret.
Hopefully it doesn't look like poo poo.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Man Iron Warriors are badass in Retribution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Tell me more! I haven't read the new book.