Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Sorry, her body broke down the chip already. She's been walking on her own cause she's not a robot and a loving microchip can't make someone walk even in this dumb show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually it would depend on the reason for the paralysis.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Aphrodite posted:

They're filming a funeral scene this weekend, and it looks like it gives away who dies.

And the internet is freaking out about it.

Katie Cassidy has only been on set with brown hair, with Blackthorne in a wig, so it's a flashback. She's apparently not there in the present day funeral scenes, but Laurel and Sara's mother is. Nyssa too.

Obviously there could be more to it than that, but if they are actually tossing 3 years of making her character into Black Canary because of Tumblr shipping, I might just laugh forever.

haha burn this show to the ground if this is true

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DC's been healing it's cripples for like 25 years, this is nothing new and people need to stop crying about it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I liked the Vixen cartoon, but she really didn't work as live action. Her power just looks really dumb (and would even if the CG were better).

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I thought it was weird when Vixen stole Dahrk's totem he was just like "that happened!? *shrug*" then later when she smashed it he was like "WHAT IS HAPPENING?" like what else did he think she was gonna do with the source of his power?
It really seemed like there needed to be a bit in between those two scenes where they get the totem back to the Arrow-cave, but Dhahrhkh still has his powers, and they realise that he's still connected to it. So they decide to destroy it and can't until, I dunno, Vixen does some magic to it or whatever. I mean, I guess Dhahrhkh thought it was indestructible and he'd just be able to kill them and take it back, but Vixen's gorilla strength or whatever was more than it could take, but that wasn't really spelled out.

Dead Snoopy posted:

and they've STILL got the Russian Mob to tick off the old checklist later.
Didn't they already explain that? I thought during the whole mirikuru thing a couple of the prisoners Ollie met were Russian mobsters and they owed him for helping them escape?

Krad posted:

Please have Felicity walk out of the show forever.
It would be hilarious if she literally just got out of her wheelchair and walked out of the show, and for the rest of the season she's just not in the show and no one mentions her.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Tiggum posted:

Didn't they already explain that? I thought during the whole mirikuru thing a couple of the prisoners Ollie met were Russian mobsters and they owed him for helping them escape?

Yeah but he hasn't been tatted yet. But some of the prisoners are Russians so they might've heard of him and will do that.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
re: the spoiler

What? Why would that make you think it was Laurel? If neither Laurel nor Det Lance was there, and they both only showed up in flashback, then it's just as likely that Daddy Lance is the one that's dead. And he's a much more likely candidate. Don't. Panic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

XboxPants posted:

re: the spoiler

What? Why would that make you think it was Laurel? If neither Laurel nor Det Lance was there, and they both only showed up in flashback, then it's just as likely that Daddy Lance is the one that's dead. And he's a much more likely candidate. Don't. Panic.

Lance is there in the present. Laurel is the only absent character in the present.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope the chip stopped working the second Felicity got out the door, so she had to be all awkward and ask for help or just keep crawling her way out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

I hope the chip stopped working the second Felicity got out the door, so she had to be all awkward and ask for help or just keep crawling her way out.

Maybe the chip will become sentient and take over Felicity's body and make her less insufferable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Man DC has to force Cyborg into everything.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Man DC has to force Cyborg into everything.

I'm ok with it if it means less crytalking.

Give me live action Teen Titans Cyborg, DC.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tiggum posted:

I liked the Vixen cartoon, but she really didn't work as live action. Her power just looks really dumb (and would even if the CG were better).

The bit that throws it off for me is how there's a pause between the ghostly animal and using its ability. I'd buy into it more if the effect happened at the same time as the use.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Bruceski posted:

The bit that throws it off for me is how there's a pause between the ghostly animal and using its ability. I'd buy into it more if the effect happened at the same time as the use.

I'd be OK with it if they had just used high quality sound effects and none of the lovely visuals.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
The spoilers sound really stupid if they're true.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Kegslayer posted:

The spoilers sound really stupid if they're true.
I don't think they're true. It makes no sense.

My money's on it being Oliver's babymomma in the grave. She's played her part and her death would simultaneously be sad, unexpected, give Oliver a serious drive to avenge her and not affect the makeup of the original cast in anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oracle posted:

I don't think they're true. It makes no sense.

My money's on it being Oliver's babymomma in the grave. She's played her part and her death would simultaneously be sad, unexpected, give Oliver a serious drive to avenge her and not affect the makeup of the original cast in anyway.

I really doubt it. They had her take her son to far, far away land.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

greatn posted:

If the spoiler above is true I hope he fucks her the night before it happens so it can be proven, his dick is toxic

More like radioactive (radioactive).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I hope that spoiler is true because of all the main characters that's the one I'd miss the least.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Scyantific posted:

I'm ok with it if it means less crytalking.

Give me live action Teen Titans Cyborg, DC.

The chip in Laurel's spine turns her into a buff black guy with Borg parts.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He's good at pulling out of mayoral races, not so much for anything else.

If only he'd been good at pulling out in general, Felicity might still be around

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

X-O posted:

I hope that spoiler is true because of all the main characters that's the one I'd miss the least.

You know, this entire season, I never even considered that option which is weird considering my disdain for the character. My personal highlights in season 3 were always watching her get the poo poo kicked out of her because she thought she could become a bad-rear end overnight. Yet I like this option because it could allow us to write off Sarah, keep Oliver on the outs w/ law enforcement permanently (which I feel is a more compelling narrative) and get Sarah back on the show. Hell, even give her the sonic collar.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dead Snoopy posted:

You know, this entire season, I never even considered that option which is weird considering my disdain for the character. My personal highlights in season 3 were always watching her get the poo poo kicked out of her because she thought she could become a bad-rear end overnight. Yet I like this option because it could allow us to write off Sarah, keep Oliver on the outs w/ law enforcement permanently (which I feel is a more compelling narrative) and get Sarah back on the show. Hell, even give her the sonic collar.

I like when Laurel failed to jump that wifebeater? in the alley. She caught him by surprise with a baton and still got her rear end kicked.

or failing to land on the roof of the stationary van.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spoiler tags, stupid.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
why would you spoil something that happened in season 3, STUPID

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because context, even dumber.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

ya but it wouldn't have been clear that it was part of the spoiler until you pointed a glaring spotlight at it saying "this is the spoiler", mt. dumberest

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No I'm pretty sure anyone with half a brain would have figured it out, Oldumbass Mons.

I'm done now but seriously you should tag that post.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Arrow is Oliver Queen

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

The Arrow is Oliver Queen

Nice try, the Arrow was already revealed to be Roy Harper

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

hangedman1984 posted:

But he died!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hangedman1984 posted:

How do you explain Arrow sometimes not doing a parkour flip ? Perhaps he takes drugs to suppress his urges?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

punchymcpunch posted:

The Arrow is Zoom

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

There's an obvious direction to take this, but I don't want to infect this thread with it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dresh posted:

There's an obvious direction to take this, but I don't want to infect this thread with it.

Yes we need to keep those puns at Jay

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

this Garrick needs to stop

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
If the spoilers are true then peace out, it was a good run Arrow.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I don't understand why the spoilers are making so many people peace outing if they are true.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Because it'd be pretty retarded of them to kill off that character.

Then again, I'm not surprised by this show's incompetence anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Welp

Spoilers for a future episode btw.

• Locked thread