Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

quote:

“You know, if you stop transportation, I mean, you’re talking about the blood — the blood of the world and we’re going to have to be very, very strong,” Trump garbled out semi-coherently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The general feeling out of the 'right' is that if Romney fought this hard against Obama he would have won in 2012.

Caros
May 14, 2008

I will never forget that.... I think it was March? When Carson dropped out... I mean I'll never forget that.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Romney will not stand idly by as Donald Trump assaults a fellow robot

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/alweaver22/status/705385908321853440

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Rocks posted:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/mitt-romney-trump-speech-220167

Mitt released portions of his speech to the press. wow talk about the art of surprise.

Mitt is a big fat mistake. so sad!!

Has he not actually given the speech yet?

They shouldn't have prereleased - it already feels old. Can someone go there for me and shout "bored!" as soon as he starts talking? tia

I can't think of many things that would have more of a positive effect on Trump's popularity than a milquetoast gank attempt from Mitt "company man" Romney.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Willard "Mitt" Romney will speak at the bottom of the hour as they say on cable news

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

rear end cobra posted:

Willard "Mitt" Romney will speak at the bottom of the hour as they say on cable news

oh boy, am i ever riveted

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Can't wait for the Trump tweets.

"Bain Capital were vultures getting fat from dying companies; never met Romney before he blew 2012 election. Sad!"

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
Finally... stumped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QshV9G9wDcM

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Montasque posted:

The general feeling out of the 'right' is that if Romney fought this hard against Obama he would have won in 2012.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
*beep boop* *WHIRR* w-h-y i-s o-r-a-n-g-e m-a-n h-a-t-i-n-g o-n m-y n-e-w m-o-d-e-l *sparks fly out* :mitt:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

From a Breitbart writer....

https://twitter.com/NolteNC/status/705425304102293504

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Trump should show up for this speech and interrupt him just to say "Proceed, governor"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the last few days have to have been some kind of deep cover, 11 dimensional chess ploy by the GOP to make Trump look like a real stand-up guy bin comparison to all these other scumbags

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
https://twitter.com/petridishes/status/705425092491214848

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

the last few days have to have been some kind of deep cover, 11 dimensional chess ploy by the GOP to make Trump look like a real stand-up guy bin comparison to all these other scumbags

Hey, if wrestling can do it, maybe the GOP can pull it off.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Cross party appeal: won't you vote for this guy who we, the horrible people you abhor, hate more then Clinton??

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Then again, Reince Priebus.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/705425960900886530

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist

Rocks posted:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/mitt-romney-trump-speech-220167

Mitt released portions of his speech to the press. wow talk about the art of surprise.

Mitt is a big fat mistake. so sad!!

He says that under Trump America will cease to be a shining city on a hill, which means he believes America currently IS a shining city on a hill. I'm going to consider that an endorsement for Obama!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
What I don't really get is the GOP's end game here with their all out assault on Trump. The language they're using suggests they're expecting him to get the nomination but is the intent to change the conversation away from Trump and focus on Rubio or Cruz aka anybody but Trump?

I'm looking forward to when Trump gets the nomination and watching all the knobs change gears and play Trump up as their only salvation from another Clinton administration.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
what are r-money's accomplishments besides one term as MA governor, failing to be president several times, and having a dad who failed to president? looking vaguely presidential? being slightly less of a doofus than jeb?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Good job, Republican establishment, for giving Trump every justification and incentive to run third party if he loses.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

what are r-money's accomplishments besides one term as MA governor, failing to be president several times, and having a dad who failed to president? looking vaguely presidential? being slightly less of a doofus than jeb?

Beautiful head of hair

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

What I don't really get is the GOP's end game here with their all out assault on Trump.

they just want all their democrat friends to not scoff at them while they're at parties in DC. winning the general is something they haven't given a poo poo about since what HW? bush jr was just some lucky bullshit

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

hey he had a really successful business career with the firm whose investments included corrective torture camps for children

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

he has more (secret) wives than you

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

rear end cobra posted:

Beautiful head of hair

credit where credit is due, the man has some truly presidential hair

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

Louisgod posted:

What I don't really get is the GOP's end game here with their all out assault on Trump. The language they're using suggests they're expecting him to get the nomination but is the intent to change the conversation away from Trump and focus on Rubio or Cruz aka anybody but Trump?

I'm looking forward to when Trump gets the nomination and watching all the knobs change gears and play Trump up as their only salvation from another Clinton administration.

It's very simple when you realize the original plan was Bush vs. Clinton heads-I-win-tails-you-lose. They're going all in on Clinton. When they say Clinton beats Trump that's not what they believe, it's what they desperately hope and are trying to ensure.

Edit: Same with the third party thing. The only reason to do that is to guarantee a Clinton victory.

Edit edit: And wheeling out Mitt. He has a proven track record of losing to Democrats.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

credit where credit is due, the man has some truly presidential hair

can he really take credit for what a bunch of hardworking scientists and engineers did in a lab though?

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/265132904684855296

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Louisgod posted:

I can only assume that the intent is to get Clinton elected, then dominate the 2018 midterms and try again in 2020 with "elder statesman" Rubio or whoever.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 3, 2016

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

User posted:

It's very simple when you realize the original plan was Bush vs. Clinton heads-I-win-tails-you-lose. They're going all in on Clinton. When they say Clinton beats Trump that's not what they believe, it's what they desperately hope and are trying to ensure.

Edit: Same with the third party thing. The only reason to do that is to guarantee a Clinton victory.

That's what it seems like (assaulting Trump to get people to pivot toward Clinton), but I wasn't 100% sure since the GOP nomination is still open. So at this point they've basically given up on winning the WH and are on damage control.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
If Trump ends up becoming a popular (not even successful, just highly rated by the base) president, he will stick around forever calling them out if they go against his populist policies. He won't just slink off to the ranch like Bush jr. they will wake up every day checking their twitter in terror until the day he dies.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I love how a brokered convention went from the outside chance that Trump becomes the nominee to the GOPe's last hope to stop him

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

think of the children!!! :qq:

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
if they've basically conceded the nomination then why attack trump so hard? it's not like the base is gonna forget it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zen death robot posted:

I want to see the brokered convention

it's the only fitting ending to this primary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Totalizator posted:

they will wake up every day checking their twitter in terror until the day he dies.

This is why I'll vote Trump.

• Locked thread