Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I got 100 because MY CROPS ARE THE BEST BITCH PIERRE YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE YOUR OWN FARM STOP TAKING CREDIT FOR poo poo I SELL YOUR rear end

I liked Marnie's big cheese wheel tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Indecisive posted:

I got 100 because MY CROPS ARE THE BEST BITCH PIERRE YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE YOUR OWN FARM STOP TAKING CREDIT FOR poo poo I SELL YOUR rear end

I liked Marnie's big cheese wheel tho
You can get over 100. Not sure what the max is.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

won with 98 showing off my wonderful collection of booze and diamonds :cheers:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I got second place my first year. To be fair I tried to wow them with a couple questionable gold star fish like sea cucumber. :v: They said variety was good!

Now I sort of wish I hadn't sold all my caught legendary fish and just kept them for year after year festival winners.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
This game is so good I've just been gifting copies to people since I can't just straight hand the dude more money

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

LemonAIDS posted:

won with 98 showing off my wonderful collection of booze and diamonds :cheers:

I got 1st place with 92 points and 4 of my items weren't even from my farm. Quartz, Blackberry, hazelnut, wild plum, and then for actual crops like, a parsnip left over from spring, cranberry, pumpkin, an eggplant and a jar of mayonnaise. :effort:

I think as long as you display gold star stuff (and maybe avoid fish? I hear the mayor isn't a fan of that) you'll cruise to 1st place.

Edit: God damnit, I forgot to pack in my display again before leaving :negative: At least it was a pretty low effort display.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The shop sells sap for 2g but only ever a single one each restock. I want to make fertilizer goddammit and he can't even sell enough for one

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

drunken officeparty posted:

The shop sells sap for 2g but only ever a single one each restock. I want to make fertilizer goddammit and he can't even sell enough for one

Cut down some trees or fight some slimes.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Abigail didn't like my sweet devil-chicken egg, obviously not wife material

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Abigail looks like a blob of purple. Terrible.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Indecisive posted:

Abigail didn't like my sweet devil-chicken egg, obviously not wife material

If that's your metric for what makes good wife material, I'd recommend checking the sewer.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

hopeandjoy posted:

Cut down some trees or fight some slimes.

Oh I know. I don't actually need the sap it just bothers me that he would only sell one. This is why Joja mart will take over small business

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Made my first Beehive. If I understand correctly, letting it to its own devices will produce 100g honey, but if I place flowers (1? a couple? 80?) near it, it will produce more expensive stuff, right? Do flowers disappear if I leave them there after they have grown?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Fat Samurai posted:

Made my first Beehive. If I understand correctly, letting it to its own devices will produce 100g honey, but if I place flowers (1? a couple? 80?) near it, it will produce more expensive stuff, right? Do flowers disappear if I leave them there after they have grown?

You have to keep them watered every day but the beehives will eventually keep spawning the flower flavored honey.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Fat Samurai posted:

Flowers have to be in a radius of 5. But it's not a 5x5 so it's better to think of it as a radius of 4.

I don't believe they disappear but I used a sprinkler to keep it watered. Not sure if you have to.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Do you only need one flower?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Fat Samurai posted:

Just need 1 flower. You can leave it there all season then it'll die when the next one rolls round.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Supremezero posted:

Do you only need one flower?
Only one flower is required as long as the hives are in range.

You can also wait a day to harvest honey if the flower is about to finish growing if you want the flower's honey type. But that's weird and awkward. What I'm saying is, honey type is determined on harvest not on spawn.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

I have my 12 beehives in a little flower garden I set aside. I'm really enjoying spending a little bit of extra time setting stuff up to make it look pretty

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
You'll eventually run out of stuff to spend money out, so no shame in trying to make it look pretty at the cost of 100% efficiency.

Edit: Any way to take a screenshot of your entire farm in one go?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Broken Cog posted:

Edit: Any way to take a screenshot of your entire farm in one go?

If your graphics card can downsample then try doing that then cranking up the resolution until you can see the entire farm.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Can I save golden crops indefinitely? I've got like 3 of each and it's the end of Spring and I'd like to fill in the bundle, but if they'll decay I should just sell them because there's no way I'm finishing it this year.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Indefinite, yes.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah, but next spring you'll probably have a higher farming skill, as well as the resources to make fertilizers, so about 1/3 of your crops are gonna be gold anyway. Might as well sell them right away.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I impulse bought this game last night after a few days of watching streamers play it and put a couple hours in. I'm mostly going to try to just learn as I play (since it's basically a sandbox game), though I'm sure I'll pick up plenty while reading this thread when I get bored at work, but I do have one concern: when I expand my house do I need to leave room for it to grow outside or is that all covered by the spaces that I'm not allowed to build near it? I'd hate to build something like a silo or coop right next to it and then have to destroy it or something in order to expand.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

IcePhoenix posted:

I impulse bought this game last night after a few days of watching streamers play it and put a couple hours in. I'm mostly going to try to just learn as I play (since it's basically a sandbox game), though I'm sure I'll pick up plenty while reading this thread when I get bored at work, but I do have one concern: when I expand my house do I need to leave room for it to grow outside or is that all covered by the spaces that I'm not allowed to build near it? I'd hate to build something like a silo or coop right next to it and then have to destroy it or something in order to expand.

Nah, your house is actually a pocket dimension that only expands on the inside, don't worry about it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

drunken officeparty posted:

I have that moon rock decoration thing. Is it possible to sell it because I would much rather have big bux for it but not if it's only worth like 100g

Its not a moon rock, its a big rear end geode like one of these:

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jul 14, 2017

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

whaaaat :aaaaa: I never knew you could place stuff outside your farm. I never even thought to try

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I had a daydream about a game that was basically the entirety of Stardew Valley mixed with first person view of Minecraft and oh man I want to play that game.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Jesto posted:

What places in town do you guys store your chests full of things the villages like, for easy gifting? I have a chest at the mine entrance and at the beach, but I'm worried of putting one in the wrong spot in town where a village will destroy it walking through it.

I didn't even realize you could place chests somewhere besides your farm.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I thought about fencing everything like some sort of camp but if they're just going to walk through it I don't see the point.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

dmboogie posted:

Also, I found Pierre's "secret stash" and was weirded out.

Between that and Sebastian suddenly having a small bong on his office endtable once you marry him, I think someone's hiding an extra crop from me...

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Archenteron posted:

Between that and Sebastian suddenly having a small bong on his office endtable over you marry him, I think someone's hiding an extra crop from me...

Robin comments on finding an ashtray that "smelled weird" in Sebastian's room when she was cleaning it. So it was that.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Is the catfish that rear end in a top hat river fish that immediately jumps up to the top of the bar so you've almost lost by the time you can get up there, and than immediately jumps down to the bottom where in some cases you physically don't have time to lower yourself to catch him?
I hate that fish, it's one of only 2 I need to complete the entirety of fishtank in the community center.

The alternative is that I've never seen a cat fish once I guess, because that's one that jumps up instantly and then down right after is the only fish I'm regularly failing.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 3, 2016

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Broken Cog posted:

Robin comments on finding an ashtray that "smelled weird" in Sebastian's room when she was cleaning it. So it was that.

It shouldn't be weird. The dad researches the earth, the son just wants to research spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace :2bong:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LibbyM posted:

Is the catfish that rear end in a top hat river fish that immediately jumps up to the top of the bar so you've almost lost by the time you can get up there, and than immediately jumps down to the bottom where in some cases you physically don't have time to lower yourself to catch him?
I hate that fish, it's one of only 2 I need to complete the entirety of fishtank in the community center.

The alternative is that I've never seen a cat fish once I guess, because that's one that jumps up instantly and then down right after is the only fish I'm regularly failing.

Is this in winter? That sounds like the lingcod. The catfish is relatively easy to catch, but I didn't find one until an early (important) and rainy (important) Spring 2nd year day.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'd like to see a mod that plays a small animation of you lighting up a joint/blunt every day when 4:20 rolls around. I already picked Weed as my Favorite Thing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'd like to see a mod that plays a small animation of you lighting up a joint/blunt every day when 4:20 rolls around. I already picked Weed as my Favorite Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Your Computer posted:

Is this in winter? That sounds like the lingcod. The catfish is relatively easy to catch, but I didn't find one until an early (important) and rainy (important) Spring 2nd year day.

Ah okay. The wiki had said Winter/Any time was okay as long as it was snowing. I'll wait until spring rain instead though. With a new release like this I guess stuff could be wrong on the wiki.