Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

enraged_camel posted:

Newsflash: this is a show based on made up bullshit.

:magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

More like:

enraged_camel posted:

Flash Fact: this is a show based on made up bullshit. :flashfact:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Man, why doesn't this show have a segment at the end where Barry presents a Flash Fact to the viewers? Such a missed opportunity.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Guy A. Person posted:

Man, why doesn't this show have a segment at the end where Barry presents a Flash Fact to the viewers? Such a missed opportunity.

Yes! It definitely needs more 80s camp.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

Only Jay people would think Jay jokes are offensive

There are no Jay people in this thread. Or in Iran for that matter.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
This show missed the perfect opportunity for Barry to jump the shark

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I guess the big reason for Patty's character was to make sure the audience understands that Barry is not Jay

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

WarLocke posted:

This show missed the perfect opportunity for Barry to jump the shark

On the Flash the shark jumps Barry!

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Kill me

Or this thread, either would be good

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Patty's purpose was to add romance without it turning into "who Barry will be with forever and ever".

Shipping her off on a train was clumsy, yes, but still much more preferable to the Supernatural method of killing everyone the protagonists have sex with (except maybe that one lady with the dog).

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

They should have killed off Iris and have had Patty replace her on Team Flash.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

At this point they should just kill off everyone in the series except Snart and let him take over because he's the only guy with any screen presence. Also he's good in DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

computer parts posted:

the Supernatural method of killing everyone the protagonists have sex with (except maybe that one lady with the dog).

there's still time, they waited like 5 years to kill off Jo and Ellen

Supernatural plays the long game when it comes to murdering its ladies

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

enraged_camel posted:

Iris can stay. Her E2 version, that is.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

computer parts posted:

Patty's purpose was to add romance without it turning into "who Barry will be with forever and ever".

Shipping her off on a train was clumsy, yes, but still much more preferable to the Supernatural method of killing everyone the protagonists have sex with (except maybe that one lady with the dog).

The one lady with the dog was hella fuckin' hot, at least. Those poor brothers can never be happy. :ohdear:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Well, I suppose that's something. Whenever I get down on this show, I can always cheer myself up by saying "well at least it isn't Supernatural." :unsmith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Supernatural is better though.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I'd rather watch Barry fight a racist ghost truck than needlessly murder yet another illegal interdimensional immigrant.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

Supernatural is better though.

Barry: "Holy poo poo I'm goddamned retarded and am kind of an rear end in a top hat."
Dean: "Holy poo poo, I have a severe guilt complex and also I cry every goddamned episode."

It's a tradeoff. The writing is much better though in Supernatural with the exception of Harrison Wells being the best ever.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Winchesters don't cry, please stop spreading vicious falsehoods

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Soothing Vapors posted:

Winchesters don't cry, please stop spreading vicious falsehoods

Sure thing...DEAN WINCHESTER

I'm onto you!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Drifter posted:

It's a tradeoff. The writing is much better though in Supernatural with the exception of Harrison Wells being the best ever.

I think both shows are about the same, but Supernatural has been going longer so I'm more invested in it.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I watched the first season and couldn't stand it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tiggum posted:

I think both shows are about the same, but Supernatural has been going longer so I'm more invested in it.

Nah, Supernatural is far more interesting once you get past all the crying both brothers do.

enraged_camel posted:

I watched the first season and couldn't stand it.

Well, the second season of Flash isn't turning out as good as the first, so maybe Flash just isn't for you?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Drifter posted:

Well, the second season of Flash isn't turning out as good as the first, so maybe Flash just isn't for you?

The second season of Flash isn't as good as the first, but it's still significantly better than the first season of Supernatural.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I thought the show was back on the 22nd. Am I seeing that it got pushed back to the 29th now? Or was it always the 29th?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

I thought the show was back on the 22nd. Am I seeing that it got pushed back to the 29th now? Or was it always the 29th?

Wikipedia still says the 22nd, so if it's the 29th now then it must have been pushed back.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
The first two seasons of Supernatural are very different from the rest of the show. Like even after the major shift in Season 5 it's still a lot closer to that then S1&2.

Like there's an episode where a demon hijacks an airplane and it's almost like an X-Files episode.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Did they get the third brother out of the Pipeline yet? Wait, crap, I meant "out of hell."

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Can't wait to see Barry become best buddies with Zoom, ruler of Earth-2, in season 10.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BrianWilly posted:

Did they get the third brother out of the Pipeline yet? Wait, crap, I meant "out of hell."

No but Lucifer's out and he's possessing the angel.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

The second season of Flash isn't as good as the first, but it's still significantly better than the first season of Supernatural.

Season 2 is "poo poo, need to get all the iconic Flash villains done before the DC blacklist hits us and we can't do any of them"

Hopefully they can create some new and compelling enemies for Flash in later seasons. Despite everyone going Jay for Golden Age Flash and classic enemies the show could easily support a season long antagonist wholly created for the show as long as it is fun to watch.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

pentyne posted:

Season 2 is "poo poo, need to get all the iconic Flash villains done before the DC blacklist hits us and we can't do any of them"

Hopefully they can create some new and compelling enemies for Flash in later seasons. Despite everyone going Jay for Golden Age Flash and classic enemies the show could easily support a season long antagonist wholly created for the show as long as it is fun to watch.

The only new Flash villains this season were Turtle and Tar-Pit, neither of whom are iconic.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Whizbang posted:

The only new Flash villains this season were Turtle and Tar-Pit and Street Shark and Doctor Zoom and Jay Garrick Evil Speedster and Deathstorm and Killer Frost and Doctor Light and Vandal Savage and Geomancer, several of whom are iconic.

braveplan
May 1, 2013

pentyne posted:

Time to start using the pile of neglected characters from WildStorm/Milestone.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

The Zoom in this series is an original creation, Jay Garrick is not a villain, and the others aren't Flash villains. Try reading.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

pentyne posted:

the show could easily support a season long antagonist wholly created for the show as long as it is fun to watch.

Then again, if Dharhk is any indication... maybe they shouldn't do that.

#GroddForSeason3

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The show's exec producer says Jay is a villain, he's Zoom, who is based on the iconic Flash villain Zoom from the comics. Maybe the others aren't Flash villains, but they are potential DC blacklist casualties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The point that season 2 "needs to get all the iconic Flash villains done before the DC blacklist hits and they can't do any of them" is still a pretty flimsy one since:

- there are still several really high profile iconic Flash villains/characters who haven't been done (Mirror Master, Abra Kadabra, Dr. Alchemy, The Top, The Shade) that they haven't been rushing out
- a bunch of these guys aren't Flash villains and several aren't traditionally villains at all (Atom Smasher, Geomancer, this version of Doctor Light)
- most of these guys have been C to D list characters and there are hundreds of those that they can pull from for years (especially if they are using some C list heroes as villains), unless they start doing an ensemble villain movie each year

Like the statement supposed that the writers are sitting around going "oh man guys we need to figure out a way to fit Geomancer and Tar Pit in this season before we can't use them at all!" which is just preposterous. We can bicker over how iconic some of these characters are and how extensive the DC blacklist will be but its just a weird point to make anyway.

• Locked thread