Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

I'm also happy to see everyone working together and helping each other so much, I would seriously be lost right now without the advice of my fellow MMO spergs. :wooper:

gently caress you making a splinter now, Fishgoons recruiting anyone who wants to make fishing pacts and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think their website login server is connected to their video game servers because the only reason why I can think I'm getting 502d is because the people rushing into the game.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

I would like to say that like many goons, I am hopelessly addicted to this game, and am very happy with just how much depth is in BDO and the amount of things you can do. I haven't even really left the starting "area" of Velia yet and still have bunches to do, yet somehow feel very satisfied in that.

I'm also happy to see everyone working together and helping each other so much, I would seriously be lost right now without the advice of my fellow MMO spergs. :wooper:

Please remember this post in a month.

Dromedary Today
Jun 16, 2007

Tomorrow!
Which server are the EU people playing on? Skimmed the thread but didn't find anything on this.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
what lovely korean anticheat does this use, does it run in vmware, and are there any ref links i should use to buy it?

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
Are we still going to be on Balenos 02? With all the crap going on just wanted to double check, thanks.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Biowarfare posted:

what lovely korean anticheat does this use, does it run in vmware, and are there any ref links i should use to buy it?

It uses Xingcode3 as an anti cheat, but to be honest, with no direct player trades and stuff like that, we'll probably see (hopefully) lower numbers of gold spammers and cheaters.

Omarmarious posted:

Are we still going to be on Balenos 02? With all the crap going on just wanted to double check, thanks.

Yes!

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

It uses Xingcode3 as an anti cheat, but to be honest, with no direct player trades and stuff like that, we'll probably see (hopefully) lower numbers of gold spammers and cheaters.

Thanks, guess I shouldn't bother buying it then, xigncode tries to detect vmware fusion and block it.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity
Be aware that if you minimize the game to tray it will go into power saving mode which is much easier on the video card when afk fishing overnight, etc.

Also be aware that if you get disconnected from the game (maintenance, etc), it will send you back to the games splash screen which powers your video card at full loving throttle.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rivv posted:

Be aware that if you minimize the game to tray it will go into power saving mode which is much easier on the video card when afk fishing overnight, etc.

Also be aware that if you get disconnected from the game (maintenance, etc), it will send you back to the games splash screen which powers your video card at full loving throttle.

I've been having issues with sending it to the tray for other reasons, namely, I get disconnected. However when I simply minimize the game it stays connected just fine.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

I've been having issues with sending it to the tray for other reasons, namely, I get disconnected. However when I simply minimize the game it stays connected just fine.

I haven't tried just leaving the game minimized, but I'll try that next time. As long as it doesn't keep my video card at full throttle that's all I really care about.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
The Free trial thread in PGS is UP, post your guest passes in HERE.

Agonist
Jul 16, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Does anyone know if it blocks macro programs? I want to have a macro that eats food every 30 minutes while I AFK fish.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Important for all you assholes: The boat skins in the shop do not come with a boat.

Obligatory lol for those who buy it thinking it does because they didn't read this.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

The Quake posted:

Important for all you assholes: The boat skins in the shop do not come with a boat.

Obligatory lol for those who buy it thinking it does because they didn't read this.

This makes me very happy. I'm going to be working on my fishing boat soon and it's going to feel so much more :smuggo: knowing that you can't just buy one anymore.

They also fixed my Tamer conqueror outfit not being dyeable, which is good, but I seem to have lost all of my farming seeds that were in transport during maintenance, which is really really bad. :smith:\

But I also got a T3 female horse from breeding, which is good!

And it now looks very spiffy!

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Nice ^^

If you guys are at all interested in horse breeding, I would jump on it sooner than later because it takes quite a bit of time to breed them upwards through the ranks. It's also going to be a lot easier to grab your starter horses now before more people are looking for them, especially with how rare females are.
They seem to spawn on a 1-2 hour timer, and some spawn locations have multiple independent spawns. I've come across a location with literally 3 wild horses bumping into each other.

My catches:
10 T1 M
8 T2 M
1 T1 F
1 T2 F

Breeding a T2 M with a T1 F gave me a T3 M.
Fusing the "spent" T1 F with a T2 M gave me a T2 F.

Getting a good horse and training it for personal use makes a huge difference. An NPC bought horse is 90% speed, and I have a 117% caught horse that has specific skills that make it stop faster, mount faster, and jump higher.

LegalPad fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 3, 2016

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

A tool was made for easier template merging: http://goomichan.github.io/BDO-Ditto/Index.html

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Would like to get in on some Euro guild action too.. guess I'll just create something on a random server to get a hang of things for now.

:lol: every single EU server is listed as Overrun

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Who do i bug for a guild invite?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

malhavok posted:

Who do i bug for a guild invite?
Mumble channel with 50 people in it.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Are the 3 extra things you get in the explorer pack worth the extra $20?

Tier 3 Horse
Horse Flute (Permanent)
Pet of choice

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Danith posted:

Are the 3 extra things you get in the explorer pack worth the extra $20?

Tier 3 Horse
Horse Flute (Permanent)
Pet of choice

Yes, especially if you are meeting your basic needs (food, water, shelter) irl.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
As long as you have internet access and steam, you don't need anything else

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So I started a small guild on Orwen Balenos 2 that will act as an overflow guild.

When the main guild fills up, you can ask Grithok for an invite to ParksAndRec

I will need a tell from you while you are on the same server and channel.

The main guild still has room for like 15 people but I got a feeling we may get a bunch of 7 day pass people looking for space.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

So I started a small guild on Orwen Balenos 2 that will act as an overflow guild.

The main guild still has room for like 15 people but I got a feeling we may get a bunch of 7 day pass people looking for space.

I don't want the 7 day pass scrublords scumming up my immersive guild experience

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

we honestly have something like 200 guest passes from the 100 dollar people alone.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Bahahahaha

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
Mumble info provided not working, please advise?...... NEVER mind I am an idiot.. carry on!

Omarmarious fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 3, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its weird that the valkyrie awakening video was teased in janaury and they never released the follow up like they usually did. I think its suppose to come out this month according to their schedule? I really want to see how that shield + lance works.

vvv
Its closer to valencia 2.0

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 3, 2016

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Are awakening weapons in our version or are they part of the Mediah update?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Are there openings in GoonTang?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Finster Dexter posted:

Are there openings in GoonTang?
10 slots we unlocked today did sell out like hot cakes, there might be another 5 in some 40 minutes.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

I'm being super casual, and didn't want to take up a slot in the main guild, so I'll be talking to you soon.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

If you friend me, I won't invite you.

You have to send me a tell. There isn't a way around this.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Goddamn it. I just sent you an invite.

Edit: problem solved

AppliedPhilosophy fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 3, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

chinagame.exe

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

What beautiful UI design

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

what about me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Eonwe posted:

what about me

same