Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Doctor Borris posted:

Also I like how the game is so clumsily desperate to show how awesome the institute is, they show them making fully functional synthetic people in 5 minutes in that room. That raises so many plotholes and really made me care about the synth... as people! Why hasn't the institute done anything signifigant again when they could have a thousand man robot army in a day?

I've been collecting salvaging for hundreds of hours and can only build like 80 or so heavy laser turrets... I think you know the answer to that question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

I can never answer that question "are you willing to die for a synth" or whatever with a "yes" because I wouldn't die for any loving person in the wasteland, much less a synth.

There's a faction for that - the Institute.

Doctor Borris posted:

But think how much innocence was carefully programmed into their hearts! Model 27A is 23% more innocent them previous models.

Also I like how the game is so clumsily desperate to show how awesome the institute is, they show them making fully functional synthetic people in 5 minutes in that room. That raises so many plotholes and really made me care about the synth... as people! Why hasn't the institute done anything signifigant again when they could have a thousand man robot army in a day?

Speaking of that if there were some parts showing synth grown in a vat, or being educated in a class, or being more human, I would have cared more about them then not at all.

Because they're collectively insane, another thing the game isn't shy about suggesting. Also power constraints, which is what you're helping them with. Not sure if you wanted a real answer though.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 3, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

WAR FOOT posted:

I saved like, all the synths.

WHen you nuke boston, there is only one.

You nuke boston to save a single synth. If its the needs of the few to the insane.

Wasteland SJWs.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I mean, nuking the megalomaniacal shadow organization bent on abducting wastelanders and replacing them with synths is kind of a noble goal in and of itself, whether synths are involved or not.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

WHen you nuke boston, there is only one.

You nuke boston to save a single synth. If its the needs of the few to the insane.

Wasteland SJWs.

I literally have no idea what you mean by this.

Like there's no point where anything you're arguing makes sense at any point of the game.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I literally have no idea what you mean by this.

Like there's no point where anything you're arguing makes sense at any point of the game.

I feel like Tenzarin was trying to do some kind of Cream of Plenty post, where a nonexistant terminal reveals that all synths are controlled by one omniscient Robobrain buried even deeper in the bowels of the Institute and all Gen 3 synths are merely this brain experiencing itself subjectively.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Zzulu posted:

Pretty dang far son,

I started a new game with a Strength/Endurance character and I can wreck poo poo and carry everything. My carrying capacity is around what it was in power armor in my first game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Filthy Casual posted:

I feel like Tenzarin was trying to do some kind of Cream of Plenty post, where a nonexistant terminal reveals that all synths are controlled by one omniscient Robobrain buried even deeper in the bowels of the Institute and all Gen 3 synths are merely this brain experiencing itself subjectively.

When you teleport out of the institute, you save a single synth.

Reload your game, turn around and look.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

When you teleport out of the institute, you save a single synth.

Reload your game, turn around and look.

... Did you, uh, miss the fact that they were teleporting Synths out the entire time? Like that was literally the reason. You can even arm the synths so they can help in the uprising. There is dialogue about this.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ImpAtom posted:

... Did you, uh, miss the fact that they were teleporting Synths out the entire time? Like that was literally the reason. You can even arm the synths so they can help in the uprising. There is dialogue about this.

Only one makes it out alive.

Nuked Boston, saved the toaster.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Only one makes it out alive.

Nuked Boston, saved the toaster.

Except the Railroad has a bunch of dialogue talking about all the synths you saved so uh, no. Like they literally talk about how they saved more synths that day than in the rest of their time period and how they're working on getting them relocated. Most of them are already out of the Commonwealth because they don't want to have to shove a bunch of models in the railroad HQ they were prepared for this.

I can't even go "Well, maybe there's different outcomes" because this is FO4 of course there isn't.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ImpAtom posted:

Except the Railroad has a bunch of dialogue talking about all the synths you saved so uh, no. Like they literally talk about how they saved more synths that day than in the rest of their time period and how they're working on getting them relocated. Most of them are already out of the Commonwealth because they don't want to have to shove a bunch of models in the railroad HQ they were prepared for this.

I can't even go "Well, maybe there's different outcomes" because this is FO4 of course there isn't.

Pretty sure 99% of the synths died inside the institute. You never even see them get teleported out.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Tenzarin posted:

Pretty sure 99% of the synths died inside the institute. You never even see them get teleported out.

Blame Bethesda's engine then, the dialogue makes it clear what happened.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Crows Turn Off posted:

You have to give them ammo for any gun that isn't their personal weapon even if it's the same ammo type. And you also have to equip it for them, they won't use it on their own.

I've just been giving them whatever .38 weapon I have since I find thousands of that ammo, and the guns aren't great but probably better than their default.

It's oddly inconsistent with that. If you give it to them they wont' do jack poo poo with it, which I guess is kind of nice because I like being able to offload grenades and mines without worrying that they'll use them. On the other hand they will for loving sure pick up random guns off enemies, loot ammo to go with it, and use that until they run out. More than once I've offed some legendary enemy and looked for their loot for a few minutes before checking my companion and found them rocking it. Oh, plus all the times that loving danse decided no, he wouldn't rather use his unlimited ammo laser rifle, it would be much more fun to dick around with this automatic pipe rifle instead.

edit: on the other hand watching curie take a minigun to a bunch of super mutants was kind of funny.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Davoren posted:

Blame Bethesda's engine then, the dialogue makes it clear what happened.

I dont know, Desmona is always smoking. What is she hiding. How is Stocken getting all his suits?

Maybe they have a synth chop shop, they sell all the metal to the atom cats to make armor. Sound pretty lucrative.

Yea where hiding the synths guys, trust us :smug:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Just looking for things to like, guys, don't worry.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Reminder that Tenzarin is the one that thought Bethesda did not produce popular games until Skyrim.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Nasgate posted:

Reminder that Tenzarin is the one that thought Bethesda did not produce popular games until Skyrim.

You're expecting a lot from somebody who can't figure out basic grammar and contractions.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Incoming puppet master defense.

Brace yourself.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Nasgate posted:

Daggerfall
In 1996, Computer Gaming World ranked it as the eighth top vaporware title in computer game history

Started with this one.

An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire
Cant find anything

Morrowind
1.36 million by 2002

The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
Wet fart release

Oblivion
The game had shipped 1.7 million copies by April 10, 2006, sold over 3 million copies by January 2007, and over 3.5 million by November 2011.

Skyrim
Within two days of the game's launch, 3.4 million physical copies were sold.

FO4
total number of units, 12 million sold in the first 24 hours.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Tenzarin posted:

Daggerfall
In 1996, Computer Gaming World ranked it as the eighth top vaporware title in computer game history

Started with this one.

Cant find anything

Morrowind
1.36 million by 2002

Wet fart release

Oblivion
The game had shipped 1.7 million copies by April 10, 2006, sold over 3 million copies by January 2007, and over 3.5 million by November 2011.

Skyrim

FO4

Now try to find an English 101 book.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wow...those numbers... I'm surprised they lasted this long in the business

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
How does calling Daggerfall vaporware make any sense? It was actually released and wasn't in development for an inordinate amount of time.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Entropic posted:

How does calling Daggerfall vaporware make any sense? It was actually released and wasn't in development for an inordinate amount of time.

This was before Daikatana and Duke Nukem Forever. And that computer mag went under 10 years ago. Some reason it had the same year release as Arena and it got bumped 2 years.

lunatikfringe
Jan 22, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

Daggerfall

Started with this one.

Cant find anything

Morrowind
1.36 million by 2002

Wet fart release

Oblivion

Skyrim

FO4

This does explain however, assuming a baseline percentage of the gamer population that will hate a game, why we now have so many more haters with the release of Fallout 4.

I hope Bethesda never changes.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
You missed Fallout 3 for some reason but included Battlespire

And also those garbage Nokia phone games but :laffo: to any numbers on those

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Entropic posted:

Don't mock his inability to understand words, that's mean

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

does anyone know if the explosives perk adds to the explosive damage that weapons with it as an extra effect do?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Cyrano4747 posted:

does anyone know if the explosives perk adds to the explosive damage that weapons with it as an extra effect do?

It will double the damage. Making the explosive legendary mod quite explosive.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

It will double the damage. Making the explosive legendary mod quite explosive.

Did you just spend the last four hours furiously :f5:ing the thread waiting for somebody to change the subject so you can pretend you weren't called out hard?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Why would I?

Just finished the brotherhood ending, was expecting it to not be a complete carbon copy of the railroad. Kinda sad.

Only thing interesting thing I saw was that Proctor Ingram doesn't have any legs. That would of been way interesting that any thing in this game to learn about that.

Finished up the achievements, they weren't that bad to collect except for one. My level was around 170 at the end with most of all the perks. Will prob replay the institute ending for the dlc, since they are somehow the most helpful faction to Boston in the end.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 4, 2016

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Why would I?

Just finished the brotherhood ending, was expecting it to not be a complete carbon copy of the railroad. Kinda sad.

Only thing interesting thing I saw was that Proctor Ingram doesn't have any legs. That would of been way interesting that any thing in this game to learn about that.

Finished up the achievements, they weren't that bad to collect except for one. My level was around 170 at the end with most of all the perks. Will prob replay the institute ending for the dlc, since they are somehow the most helpful faction to Boston in the end.

You mention it when you introduce yourself to her and she goes on about how it's a pain to repair poo poo with power armor hands.

Do your eyes and ears gloss over during conversations?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am assuming he is trying to fill the Taint Reaper sized hole in Games' heart at this point.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Nasgate posted:

You mention it when you introduce yourself to her and she goes on about how it's a pain to repair poo poo with power armor hands.

Do your eyes and ears gloss over during conversations?

Don't recall that other than just telling me where my free power armor is. Pretty hard thing to notice.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Don't recall that other than just telling me where my free power armor is. Pretty hard thing to notice.

She talks about it, plus there are half a dozen terminal entries on the airship talking about how she lost them, retrofitting a powerarmor exoskeleton for her, and people arguing back and forth whether she is combat ready or should still be confined to the ship. Plus plenty of her bitching that she wants to get out into the field.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

I was drunk and it was around 2 am when i talked to her and I still noticed and remember it.

ImpAtom posted:

I am assuming he is trying to fill the Taint Reaper sized hole in Games' heart at this point.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Nope she was just complaining about repairing everything and said what power armor you could take. It was a pretty pointless conversation as they gave you power armor like 5 mins into the game.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I haven't gotten MacCready yet on this playthrough, but someone tell me he has dialogue about being at war with Sweden or something at the HMS Northstar. That'd be great.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Nope she was just complaining about repairing everything and said what power armor you could take. It was a pretty pointless conversation as they gave you power armor like 5 mins into the game.

Do you skip every terminal entry in the game? This isn't just a FO4 thing either, those have been used for giving you an idea of what's going on and what everyone's backstories, agendas, etc are in both FO3 and FONV.

I'm not going to fight and die over whether she talks about it (mostly because I"m not loading a save that far back) but there are a shitton of terminal entries on at least 4 different peoples terminals about that issue. IIRC she lost her legs when she had to jump off a cliff to avoid getting splattered by a mini nuke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I often find myself skim reading the terminals in Fallout 4, whereas in New Vegas I devoured them whenever I found one. The writing in so many FO4 ones is just dull.

• Locked thread