Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

that omega Lantern logo looks cool and I wouldn't mind having some. merchandise of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Toshimo posted:

So, what you're saying is that the White Rings are the superior lanterns that rule over all the lesser, Colored Rings?

It's like how the White Wizard is the strongest, because he is a combination of all other colors.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
"Kyle of Many Colors" lacks a certain je ne sais quoi

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Kyle Raynbow?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kyle Descope.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SiKboy posted:

Kyle Descope.

:shittypop:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I didn't get that one at first, but now :golfclap:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

SiKboy posted:

Kyle Descope.

I can see all the colors in this post.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chinaman7000 posted:

How many issues Omega Men are left?

Three. :(

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

AnonSpore posted:

"Kyle of Many Colors" lacks a certain je ne sais quoi

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamkyle?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Wanderer posted:

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamkyle?

I think you meant Ganthet and the Oamazing Technikyler Dreamring

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Mar 4, 2016

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

He does have a ring of power, though.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

FilthyImp posted:

I think you meant Ganthet and the Oamazing Technikyler Dreamring

It not you. It Ganthet.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Flesh Forge posted:

My personal favorite Hank Pym moment

My other favourite Pym/Richards moment:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gorilla Salad posted:

The last time this came up I spent forever trying to find those panels and finally gave up. Bless you, my son.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Christ Richards is a dick.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's basically autistic.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
People who think they're the smartest person in any given room is usually pretty annoying, but when you actually are the smartest person in any room on any world... welp. Reed Richards.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gorilla Salad posted:

This is a much better way of showing Reeds inherent dickishness

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Reed being a hyper intelligent dick makes it all the sweeter when his hyper intelligent daughter makes him look like an idiot.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Flesh Forge posted:

My personal favorite Hank Pym moment

I also enjoy how he finally gets it away from Reed:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That seems like an incredibly mundane thing for Reed Richards to forget

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Yeah, it's part of Slott's ham-handed attempt to rehabilitate Pym in Mighty Avengers along with (possibly) making him Scientist Supreme of the universe..

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

goatface posted:

He's basically autistic.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Die Laughing posted:

Reed being a hyper intelligent dick makes it all the sweeter when his hyper intelligent daughter makes him look like an idiot.

Examples welcome

Next issue: Mister Fantastic opens an E/N thread

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 4, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

team overhead smash posted:

Yeah, it's part of Slott's ham-handed attempt to rehabilitate Pym in Mighty Avengers along with (possibly) making him Scientist Supreme of the universe..

Dan Slott writes bad.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

That run did feature the wonderful moment early on where Hank Pym realizes that Cthon is feeding off of the fear of the people of Wundagore during a mystic incursion so he broadcasts a message to everyone saying "be calm, I'm here with the avengers and we are going to save you" etc etc. and Cthon becomes exponentially stronger b/c everyone's like "Hank Pym? Guess we're really hosed"

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Sefer posted:

I also enjoy how he finally gets it away from Reed:

This scene deserves a explanation so you understand why Pym outsmarts Reed -- Reed built the room on a paradox, wherein Pym could never reach the desk because in order to do so he had to reach at least halfway there, but in order to reach the halfway point of that, he has to reach the halfway point of that distance, and so on and so on, meaning the desk would always be out of reach (Wiki is telling me that it's the Dichotomy paradox).

That's why he realizes the solution because despite all his brilliance, Reed is still a arrogant dick who likes to talk poo poo..

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

God I love Reed Richards

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

(Wiki is telling me that it's the Dichotomy paradox).

I think it's more related to Zeno's Arrow, but similar.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Uthor posted:

I think it's more related to Zeno's Arrow, but similar.
No, Zeno's arrow is about an arrow in flight never actually moving, since at each duration-less instant, the arrow is at rest, and does not change its location from one instant to the next.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is a much better way of showing Reeds inherent dickishness

At the same time, "You're better than me at an area of science" is incredibly high praise coming from Reed loving Richards.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Pym's big accomplishments seem to be shrinking particles and building robots, these don't seem really like biochemistry related things.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Puntification posted:

Pym's big accomplishments seem to be shrinking particles and building robots, these don't seem really like biochemistry related things.

It calls way back to the character's origins, where Pym particles were a glowy bubbling tube in his lab. So, either one of the Liebers or Kirby thought biochemists also discovered subatomic particles. Science! :science:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Which may also be the only reason Peter Parker doesn't have that title, because he genuinely IS a biochemist.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Well I'm assuming the biochemistry part was probably supposed to tie into the ant thing in an early draft.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Clearly Hank is an alchemist and pym particles are just a shrinking potion.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It makes as much sense as anything else in the Marvel universe.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I mean, I can only speculate how a biochemist who is most famous for his work in particle physics translated into master cyberneticist capable of creating a robot that not only becomes self-aware, but conquered at least two spacefaring civilizations of superpowered beings (the Phalanx and the Eternals) and has brought about the apocalypse in, like, three timelines? Four?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Four Score posted:

I mean, I can only speculate how a biochemist who is most famous for his work in particle physics translated into master cyberneticist capable of creating a robot that not only becomes self-aware, but conquered at least two spacefaring civilizations of superpowered beings (the Phalanx and the Eternals) and has brought about the apocalypse in, like, three timelines? Four?

He's a cautionary tale in how Marvel scientists really, really should stay within their comfort zones.