Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

quote:

So, you sold out your client to accept the legal fictional name as himself.. you are destroying his chances of being free.. He is not amenable to any of the laws of the state.. as living souls, we are the highest authority on this planet only Christ and God higher.. and they are our judges.. unless there is a victim or property damage, then there is no crime, and why did you not claim common law jurisdiction for these living human beings you call your client, and are you going to Re Present them, or will you simply give them counsel as they defend themselves?? Show me the evidence that any of the laws of the State or Federal government apply to them simply because they are physically within a line drawn on a map?? As both are corporations, show me where any of them signed a full disclosure contract in which they were obligated to follow the rules and regulations of either.. There is no signed contract is there??

I know arguing with Sovcits is useless but I'm pretty sure there's been, like, $3 million worth of property damage done at MNWR so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

BlackIronHeart posted:

I know arguing with Sovcits is useless but I'm pretty sure there's been, like, $3 million worth of property damage done at MNWR so...

And who owns the property? The gov't? Please see point 1, the gov't can't own property. Will the gov't please stand up and say I injured someone or something in a common law court? I do not recognize anyone as representing any metaphorical larger body of people I do not acknowledge persons outside of my flesh and guts person.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Imagine how much tax payer dollars the US government could save if they let these dudes hire sovereign citizens to represent them

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BlackIronHeart posted:

Um the poo poo trench was obviously there when they got there, they were ~caring for the land~.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Imagine how much tax payer dollars the US government could save if they let these dudes hire sovereign citizens to represent them

Maybe, but they'd get a pretty easy out for "my lawyer was incompetent" appeals once going to full blown actual prison for what they believe in gets old after the first month or so.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Is that the same Bundy lawyer who was censured for getting caught liquoring up an underage runaway and only isn't in jail because he was caught before he hosed her?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Maybe, but they'd get a pretty easy out for "my lawyer was incompetent" appeals once going to full blown actual prison for what they believe in gets old after the first month or so.

Fool for a client has never saved anyone on appeal

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

It would be kind of worth it because it would mean they had to go in front of a judge and say "everything my lawyer believed was bullshit and wrong and I disagree with it completely"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Lisa Bundy gets punked by the FBI when she shows up to collect Ammon's garbage. This somehow turns into a conversation about how everyone has to rise up and be tools of god to do something that totally isn't standing up to the government with the threat of force, which isn't force because we're waiting for the Feds to throw the first punch, honest.

I think it would be appropriate if they made everyone wait 31 days to collect their poo poo.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I heard Lavoy got sent to Hell because he refused to answer to the name in Saint Peter 's book because it would create joinder.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Young Freud posted:

I heard Lavoy got sent to Hell because he refused to answer to the name in Saint Peter 's book because it would create joinder.

I want to join in on this joke but I don't know enough about Mormon scripture except that black people were bad and then that retconned or something

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Does anyone in here want to create joinder with me? Large sexy maritime vessel looking for law.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Alan Smithee posted:

I want to join in on this joke but I don't know enough about Mormon scripture except that black people were bad and then that retconned or something

So Cain kills Abel and God 'marks' him so people know he's a bad.

That mark is being black, and blacks are his desendants.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_and_mark_of_Cain

Not a belief unique to mormons, but they kept it around way longer then the rest (like until they had a guy run for president and got put under a microscope)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Not a belief unique to mormons, but they kept it around way longer then the rest (like until they had a guy run for president and got put under a microscope)

At the point that the whole thing supposedly went down though, not a single white person was involved. Light brown was the closest you'd see. Who's to say the mark wasn't partial albinism?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bombadilillo posted:

How would that get through the Noah choke point? The only people who were supposed to have survived the flood were Noah, his sons, and their wives. Did one of them marry a black? Did Noah get cuckolded?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

How would that get through the Noah choke point? The only people who were supposed to have survived the flood were Noah, his sons, and their wives. Did one of them marry a black? Did Noah get cuckolded?

poo poo my post got eaten. Black people are considered sons of Ham, since he was stained by God for the crime of resisting Noah's authority when his father was in a drunken fit, followed with Ham raping and castrating Noah to show him who's the boss.

Edit: fixed some phone-posting

Young Freud has issued a correction as of 10:33 on Feb 27, 2016

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Young Freud posted:

poo poo my post got eaten. Black people are considered sons of Han, since he waas stained by God for the crime of resisting Noah's authority when his father was in a drunken fit, followed with Ham raping and castrating Noah to show him who's the boss.

Yeah, I've heard that one before. Black=Cain makes even less sense though.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Young Freud posted:

poo poo my post got eaten. Black people are considered sons of Han, since he waas stained by God for the crime of resisting Noah's authority when his father was in a drunken fit, followed with Ham raping and castrating Noah to show him who's the boss.

Reblacked I guess #mormons?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Mormonism is a really obviously made up cult and adult mormons should be mocked like scientologists for being v stupid

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Wait so do mormons believe black people the children of Ham, or are they angels who were conscientious objectors in the War in Heaven, as is said in the video summarizing the mormon lore, linked below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HSlbuli7HM

Also, wow I never knew that in some versions of the story Ham cut off Noah's balls and raped him. But I mean, it was in retaliation for Noah cursing Canaan, Ham's son and Noah's grandson, just because Ham saw his dad's dick because Noah was a drunk piece of poo poo who passed out naked.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

XMNN posted:

Mormonism is a really obviously made up cult and adult mormons should be mocked like scientologists for being v stupid

Unlike scientologists, mormons have fought actual shooty wars over this poo poo, so i'm not sure heavily ostracising them and mocking them is such a great idea despite how objectively stupid the whole thing is.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Also, wow I never knew that in some versions of the story Ham cut off Noah's balls and raped him. But I mean, it was in retaliation for Noah cursing Canaan, Ham's son and Noah's grandson, just because Ham saw his dad's dick because Noah was a drunk piece of poo poo who passed out naked.

You got that reversed. Noah cursed Canaan and his family line to eternal servitude because Ham saw his dad's dick when he got drunk off his rear end. It's just whose interpretation of "saw" that's up in the air, since we know that it carries the same weight as the "biblically known", as well as special significance with only Canaan being cursed.

Unlike scientologists, mormons have fought actual shooty wars over this poo poo, so i'm not sure heavily ostracising them and mocking them is such a great idea despite how objectively stupid the whole thing is.

Yep, the admission of Utah had to be negotiated because the option of forcing them off the land would have turned into something of a soutwestern Vietnam, where the U.S. Cavalry would endure guerrilla attacks from people who looked exactly like them, which would be very different from the mass reprisals they launched on Native Americans.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/LesZaitz/status/704468744265805825

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pete Santilli has been slated for release, but can't be released because he is no wanted for crimes in Nevada too. LOL. http://www.opb.org/news/article/refuge-occupier-pete-santilli-earns-release-but-will-stay-in-jail/

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

needs more tarps

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

theflyingorc posted:

needs more tarps

Yes, but that's true of everything.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Angela Christine posted:

Pete Santilli has been slated for release, but can't be released because he is no wanted for crimes in Nevada too. LOL. http://www.opb.org/news/article/refuge-occupier-pete-santilli-earns-release-but-will-stay-in-jail/

poor Pete can't catch a break lol

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Arrest all the Bundys. All 75+ of them. Including the children.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Arrest all the Bundys. All 75+ of them. Including the children.

The one's in Chicago are ok though right?

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

poor Pete can't catch a break lol

The NV charges were the more serious ones anyway, weren't they? It's sort of like if he were wanted for murder in one state and they picked him up in another state for running a red light. The judge in charge of the traffic violation might rule that that violation doesn't warrant pretrial detention but it doesn't much matter.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

McNerd posted:

The NV charges were the more serious ones anyway, weren't they? It's sort of like if he were wanted for murder in one state and they picked him up in another state for running a red light. The judge in charge of the traffic violation might rule that that violation doesn't warrant pretrial detention but it doesn't much matter.

Yeah, more or less.

winnydpu
May 3, 2007
Sugartime Jones
Is there a general "sovereign citizen" mockery thread on SA? This has been such a wellspring of entertainment for me I think I may have a new hobby.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

winnydpu posted:

Is there a general "sovereign citizen" mockery thread on SA? This has been such a wellspring of entertainment for me I think I may have a new hobby.

I think there used to be a GBS thread specifically about videos of sovcits getting tasered by cops and bailiffs.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

winnydpu posted:

You could revive this one: Sovereign Citizens Getting Owned

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

Ammon Bundy turned in his seat and blew them a kiss when they entered.

Lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

There's subreddits if you don't mind that though they don't update super frequently either

R sovereign citizen

R amibeingdetained

Iirc

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jerry-delemus-arrested-bundy-ranch

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

quote:

DeLemus told Reuters at the time that he wanted to tell Trump "the whole story” of the Oregon occupation, adding that he expected the story would "arouse" the real estate mogul and inspire him to head West.

these dummies using words wrong to sound smart is always funny

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Gerald DeLemus got busted this morning: http://wbt.com/new-hampshire-man-arrested-for-role-in-cliven-bundy-standoff/

so did Davey Bundy! https://twitter.com/BundyRanch/status/705427976653971456

:qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
I'm pretty confused what exactly was done, and why, to Davey .