Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Isn't it actually back to back to back? Snake eyes is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
So, uh, just for shits, I listed my pre-order Bison code on eBay. I set it to a $5 bid then put a Buy It Now price of $40. Some dude bit on the $40, which is wayyy too much. The guy only has 3 feedback, but at a 100%. I'm tempted to go through with it, but man, this seems like such a scam since eBay doesn't have seller protection.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

hiddenriverninja posted:

I caved and bought the season pass because grinding at work is still grinding (and is actually much easier)

deadly_pudding posted:

This is an astoundingly dangerous idea that's gonna fester in my mind for the rest of my life :v:

Thanks for helping me justify video games purchases.

Butyraceous posted:

Seriously what the gently caress, I rationalize a lot of stuff I do how have I never thought of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgct3Jn8pFA&t=7s

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Constellation I posted:

So, uh, just for shits, I listed my pre-order Bison code on eBay. I set it to a $5 bid then put a Buy It Now price of $40. Some dude bit on the $40, which is wayyy too much. The guy only has 3 feedback, but at a 100%. I'm tempted to go through with it, but man, this seems like such a scam since eBay doesn't have seller protection.

I would never trust ebay/paypal for digital transactions like that - he can simply report you afterwards as providing a bad code (even if that's an outright lie) and get all $40 back.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

InnercityGriot posted:

Isn't it actually back to back to back? Snake eyes is ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/jav1ts/status/704718611282264064

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's not really surprising

snakeeyez is the best street fighter player in the us by a solid margin

the only reason the guy never won sf4 at evo is his character choice

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

it's not really surprising

snakeeyez is the best street fighter player in the us by a solid margin

the only reason the guy never won sf4 at evo is his character choice

lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is the march update out yet

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
The only reason the guy never won SF4 at evo is because "the best street fighter player in the us by a solid margin" is barely enough to put him in the running for Top 10 in the world.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Home of the free, indeed.

At least you guys don't have to watch NA go 0-10 at Worlds like in League.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Foodahn posted:

The only reason the guy never won SF4 at evo is because "the best street fighter player in the us by a solid margin" is barely enough to put him in the running for Top 10 in the world.

It got them to Top 2 like twice!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Right - I've come to the conclusion that stick play is no longer possible for me, so I'm gonna have to become a pad player.

What's the single best loving pad I can buy, because I'm salty about it, so I might as well have a good one.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Shockeh posted:

Right - I've come to the conclusion that stick play is no longer possible for me, so I'm gonna have to become a pad player.

What's the single best loving pad I can buy, because I'm salty about it, so I might as well have a good one.

hori fighting commander 4

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Shockeh posted:

ps2 pad once you've broken in the dpad. ps3 is about equivalent if you don't care about the triggers being throttles instead of buttons.

if you're gonna get a fancy hori pad with the six button layout you may as well save your money and just buy a sega saturn controller + converter, the dpad is equally garbage on both

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean the controller isn't going to change much. If you already paid for a decent stick you should just keep practicing (besides SF5 isn't really an execution heavy game or anything, if you're just having trouble with the motions you'll get the hang of it with some practice)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Maaaannn I can't wait for the March update. I really want trial mode and a trip to Jazzy NYC.

Speaking of, they've been pretty radio silent regarding the new characters. Granted, we know who they are, but if the current cast is any indication, they're likely extremely different from previous incarnations but we're not sure how. Alex was like my most wanted character after Karin and I'm dying to see how he plays.

I'm hoping that Guile and Balrog are still charge characters and Urien still has some form of Aegis Reflector.

Shockeh posted:

I had a hard loving time doing 360s and 720s on d-pads (I use analog sticks for those if I'm playing on a pad) and a lot of stuff like Guile\Vega's old super motion (charge db, df, db, uf) is hard as hell for me on a pad while on a square gate stick, it's easy as pie. I also think it's easier doing DPs on a square gate. But that is just me and YMMV. Plenty of good players play with pads.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
urien's aegis reflector only hits once and then disappears

it also disappears if you hit it once

keeping in line with sf5 balance changes

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean the controller isn't going to change much. If you already paid for a decent stick you should just keep practicing (besides SF5 isn't really an execution heavy game or anything, if you're just having trouble with the motions you'll get the hang of it with some practice)

Oh, sorry, I didn't explain very well - I'm perfectly happy on stick, and have been for years, but I can't use it at night because it wakes my daughter, and then Apocalypse Wife happens. :v:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Oh I see, my bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shockeh posted:

Oh, sorry, I didn't explain very well - I'm perfectly happy on stick, and have been for years, but I can't use it at night because it wakes my daughter, and then Apocalypse Wife happens. :v:

Sounds like you need to sever.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
What about silent buttons/sticks?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

General Morden posted:

I could just as easily see it being his V trigger and being mechanically similar to the 3s reflector.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

rashid basically has a nerfed aegis reflector already

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

General Morden posted:

rashid basically has a nerfed aegis reflector already

Yeah, he basically does.

I think Aegis Reflector will be Urien's V-Trigger.

Guile's should be the handcuffs. :getin:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, he basically does.

I think Aegis Reflector will be Urien's V-Trigger.

Guile's should be the handcuffs. :getin:

And his v-skill should be putting on shades. A real fighter only needs two moves to win.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

fozzy fosbourne posted:

"March 32nd .. Wait hold on someone is calling me"

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Even discounting unblockables, Aegis is entirely too powerful to be a vtrigger in SF5. You already have rough equivalents with Rashids tornado which leads to one mixup with generally low reward and Dhalsims which has high potential reward but doesn't actually lock you down. Aegis locks you down and always guarantees two mixups, the first with huge reward and the second with low reward.

So either a Real Aegis will be his super or we'll get a lovely Aegis as his vtrigger.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Even discounting unblockables, Aegis is entirely too powerful to be a vtrigger in SF5. You already have rough equivalents with Rashids tornado which leads to one mixup with generally low reward and Dhalsims which has high potential reward but doesn't actually lock you down. Aegis locks you down and always guarantees two mixups, the first with huge reward and the second with low reward.

So either a Real Aegis will be his super or we'll get a lovely Aegis as his vtrigger.

And that's just when he puts it right on top of you

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Aegis shouldn't change at all but will because dumb game

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
Remind me: what was that website where you can see win ratios of all matchups online again? You can put in IDs to see stats too

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
http://sfv.fightinggame.community

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Looking quite balanced so far, I'd say. Too bad they balanced it by nerfing fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nerf is fun?

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Shockeh posted:

My posts/the responses on pg 780 of the general fighting game thread for links to a silent stick and washers for buttons, the buttons are pretty well dampened after and the stick is ridiculously quieter. I grabbed em for when my wife is sleeping a couple rooms over, would definitely recommend.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

have some fun with your joystick, silently, while your wife is sleeping

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
get divorced so you can dedicate more time to video games

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Buy some earplugs anonymously off of amazon and be like "weird we got earplugs? hmm these are probably useless but I'll put them by the bed just in case"

and then start putting the earplugs in her food so she dies

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

General Morden posted:

up close its -6 on block

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It will appear a fixed distance away from where you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

If someone presses v-reversal or throw buttons while he is activating aegis it will crush counter urien