Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Eel hovercraft posted:

I love that the she had her own version of THE IMPLICATION, they really are twins :allears:

Except Dees was a much uglier and more direct threat.

Dennis let the sea do the implying for him. Thats the beauty of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like this took Dennis a little too far. "The implication" works if he doesn't specifically point out the circumstances but in this situation he spelled it all out for her. Fortunately the bit was still funny because of the excuse of the storm making it sound sinister.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

There's also the whole 'the gang literally confuses bits from movies with real life' thing that happens occasionally, Mac and Charlie thinking Dee has turned into a zombie vampire comes to mind.

Frank kept confusing his life for the life of john Rambo

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Hughmoris posted:

Yeah, she usually just berates guys into having sex by calling them jerks and turkeys.

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I feel like this took Dennis a little too far. "The implication" works if he doesn't specifically point out the circumstances but in this situation he spelled it all out for her. Fortunately the bit was still funny because of the excuse of the storm making it sound sinister.

Yeah, this episode basically turned them both into rapists.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm more bothered that they ruined the joke (caaaaaalllllbaaaacks and fan service) by actually saying the word "implication" instead of just expounding on the idea of it

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Dees felt way worse then Dennis.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I feel like Dee's not bluffing.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Yeah. Dee's implication felt way more creepy because honestly Dennis' implication seems more like something that's in his head (in part because how terribly it went for him when he tried it), whereas Dee's felt more like it's been put into practice successfully. At least for me.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm more bothered that they ruined the joke (caaaaaalllllbaaaacks and fan service) by actually saying the word "implication" instead of just expounding on the idea of it

Yeah. The joke went from being a hosed up but plausible thought a pick up artist might have to a full on threat. You could argue that Dennis has just become so unhinged that he doesn't even bother making the "implication" come naturally anymore. But it was mostly just an overdone attempt at a callback.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

The other church is becoming super Vietnamese.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i flunked out posted:

Yeah. Dee's implication felt way more creepy because honestly Dennis' implication seems more like something that's in his head (in part because how terribly it went for him when he tried it), whereas Dee's felt more like it's been put into practice successfully. At least for me.
I think they're two sides of the same coin shaped turd

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, this episode basically turned them both into rapists.

Dee "tricked" Ben the soldier into having sex with her when he didn't want to by berating him. And Dennis has several bench warrants for sexual misconduct. They were both definitely already rapists before this episode.

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 4, 2016

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Yep, this was the episode that turned them into rapists :rolleyes:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Holyshoot posted:

Dees felt way worse then Dennis.

I don't get squeamish easily, and I knew they wouldn't actually have anything happen but that was a more realistic set up for rape than anything I've seen on SVU and it got to me.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Obviously not worth overanalyzing but Mac's attitude concerning his gayness was very inconsistent with the stuff he's been up to lately, it's been implied he frequents gay clubs just the previous episode, you'd expect the reveal to be more of a "finally decided to come clean" and less of a "turns out I'm gay and I had no idea!". Eh.

Edit: that's quite the word filter.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I'd like to drink some torpedo juice

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

JakeP posted:

I don't even think you can say that his words and intentions were misconstrued here, he intended for her to feel unsafe and scared, by implying the implication. Thats the whole point of the implication.

Yeah, that's the point I was making. Most shows you could 'justify' it to a degree and say "well I've seen this show for 10 years and I know this character is at heart a good person and he's simply come off bad". But we know Dennis, and therefore the implication was probably very real.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

tarlibone posted:

I love that Dee's version of The Implication (The Insinuation) works because she blackmails men who are balking at sleeping with her with the threat of a phony accusation of rape... in order to get them to have sex with her.

That is just so horribly twisted. "gently caress me or I'll tell the cops you raped me."

Holy poo poo. No, it's not the first time Dee's ability to manipulate men into sleeping with her has been mentioned on the show, but this one just about has to be the worst.

I watched this episode right after SVU, and now I can't remember that episode of SVU. It cancelled it out.

Yeah, Dee is a rapist and all around terrible person. It's important to remember that just in case you start to feel sorry for her when she gets poo poo on all the time.

Anyway, my guess is the gang didn't die and they're not being judged by God. They're just in white robes because their clothes got all wet when the boat sank (cause we all know that's going to happen) and they were floating in the water for a bit before the coast guard or whatever picked them up. Now the police are asking them questions trying to figure out what caused the boat to sink.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Frank and Charlie opening up a fuel line probably had a deleterious effect on the ship's seaworthiness.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Charlie's loving Giligan costume hahahaha.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yes it's pretty obvious he's gonna revert to his fake christian non-gay ways at the first hurdle.

I dunno, the writers have been pretty good at keeping the characters changing and evolving throughout the seasons, it could very well be a permanent thing, or at least progress to something else.

It'd be pretty annoying if they did a U-turn, the reason why it was funny is because there was so many actual real life years of him denying his sexuality, which gets tossed aside abruptly and non-nonchalantly, and pulling a U-turn would probably mean a loss of trust in those sorts of moments.

Personally, I don't want to see him turn back into the same character, that'd just be boring and poo poo. We've seen gay-denying Mac, and I think the writers have exhausted the well, but I'd love to see what kinds of new scenarios they could put openly-gay Mac in.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, Dee is a rapist and all around terrible person. It's important to remember that just in case you start to feel sorry for her when she gets poo poo on all the time.

Anyway, my guess is the gang didn't die and they're not being judged by God. They're just in white robes because their clothes got all wet when the boat sank (cause we all know that's going to happen) and they were floating in the water for a bit before the coast guard or whatever picked them up. Now the police are asking them questions trying to figure out what caused the boat to sink.

I agree with this. God's just a redherring. They all seem to have head wounds too.

edit: throwing in my prediction. It will be the Judge from the bird trial in the sauna.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 4, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Of course it's not God, Mac just discovered God's not real.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah it really balances out the rape imo

Also Dee turning spades into stars is a great gag.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I thought she was going to make a joke about clubs.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There was also the social network episode where Dee, rated people zeros after banging them.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

There was also the social network episode where Dee, rated people zeros after banging them.

Thats actually the gang group dates. The social network episode is when we learned dee would send men on the internet her hair

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Funny that Dennis assigns lust to himself and wrath to Dee. More often than not the opposite is also true.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Charlie drunk on boat fuel ripping mounds of wires out of control panels and lamenting that there's no booze in there was just such an absurd visual I couldn't stop laughing.

It was right up there with the "I've been poisoned by my constituents" gag as one of the best Charlie moments on the show

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Noctone posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Frank and Charlie opening up a fuel line probably had a deleterious effect on the ship's seaworthiness.

I think it will turn out to be the captain getting drunk with the confiscated booze cause frank states in the beginning of the episode that it would take the captain being drunk for the ship to sink. It rhymes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

God Hole posted:

It was right up there with the "I've been poisoned by my constituents" gag as one of the best Charlie moments on the show

Followed shortly be "Can I offer you an egg in this trying time?" <--- one of the best Frank moments

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I think it will turn out to be the captain getting drunk with the confiscated booze cause frank states in the beginning of the episode that it would take the captain being drunk for the ship to sink. It rhymes.

Which is almost a shame, because it's so straightforward. I was hoping Frank would wind up commandeering another boat somehow.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Followed shortly be "Can I offer you an egg in this trying time?" <--- one of the best Frank moments

I can hear the screaming in my head. The perfect moment.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Dunno if anyone else watches these episodes on demand, but that pants commercial is really getting under my skin

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Yeah it really balances out the rape imo

Probably my favorite joke of the episode. I love when Dee loses it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Megaspel posted:

Personally, I don't want to see him turn back into the same character, that'd just be boring and poo poo. We've seen gay-denying Mac, and I think the writers have exhausted the well, but I'd love to see what kinds of new scenarios they could put openly-gay Mac in.

I really hope they keep gay Mac as part of the show. Since they have been big on the fan service, they should open up season 12 the same way as the gang gets racist, but it's Mac and the same gay black guy that shows up again.

Also I really liked how at the talent show Mac is telling the gang there's two gay men on the boat and they ask who is the other guy.

And yea Dee getting pissed off at that bitch for literally nothing was the best.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So perfect

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Overall I enjoyed this episode and it struck me as one that will be particularly funny upon rewatch...I mean I feel that way about all of them but especially this one.

My favorite little moment was Mac out on the deck of the boat during the storm looking for a sign, "like lightning or thunder or something", and later when talking to the gay couple he says something like "I was waiting for a sign but I couldn't get the timing right" :lol:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

FireWorksWell posted:

Dunno if anyone else watches these episodes on demand, but that pants commercial is really getting under my skin

same here, i dvr them but that pants commercial sucks

really liking this season even if the last few seasons have been getting really weird, it seems like they're just having fun with the characters before the inevitable demise of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Probably my favorite joke of the episode. I love when Dee loses it.

They telegraphed the gently caress out of it and I still cackled like a psycho

Edit: what is the pants commercial I gotta see it now