Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Supercar Gautier posted:

*reboot of a film where a dude got a BJ from a ghost* well I don't think they should be punching the ghosts' dongs.

I would be ok with a GhostBusters reboot not featuring ghost sex at all. Evil Dead left out the tree rape from The Evil Dead, and if anything, I'd call that an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ShineDog posted:

holzman looks rad

Some gun fellatio for the boys.

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

At least we can be sure that in this movie one of the main characters won't work her way into a male client's apartment with the express purpose of flirting with him, checking out his bedroom, professing her love to him, and then having the gall to beg him for a kiss with her foot in the door after he physically forces her out once he realizes her intentions.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I think that this looks like a good movie. I might see it.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

xezton posted:

At least we can be sure that in this movie one of the main characters won't work her way into a male client's apartment with the express purpose of flirting with him, checking out his bedroom, professing her love to him, and then having the gall to beg him for a kiss with her foot in the door after he physically forces her out once he realizes her intentions.

Sounds so romantic when you put it that way. I know I'd be smitten.

I'm probably going to enjoy this movie. As it turns out, I am now easily entertained!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

xezton posted:

Yea but that was Bill Murray so its all good.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

gently caress the haters, I'm excited :colbert:

About where I am. I like the modern but still falling apart equipment, I got a few laughs from the it's a Cadillac, the dummies, and the first ghost. Plus, I kinda liked Melissa McCArthy's head twisting ways it's not suppose to.

Also, I like Leslie Jones.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

xezton posted:

That's what's so weird about Bill Murray as Venkman. He's a total creep but somehow it's kind of charming.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

I am not familiar with any of the actresses in the movie, as I haven't watched SNL for 15 years. But, shucks, everything McKinnon did was spot on.

e: The heck with it. I wasn't wowed by the trailer, but my wife thinks it looks fun and it has people talking about Ghostbusters. I'm ready to watch the full movie, let's go.

text me a vag pic fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 3, 2016

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Scroto Baggins posted:

I am not familiar with any of the actresses in the movie, as I haven't watched SNL for 15 years. But, shucks, everything McKinnon did was spot on.

I agree, if she's stealing every scene in the trailer I suspect that will also be the case throughout the movie. Her reaction to the hearse is absolutely perfect.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
This seems like a fine way to do a new ghostbusters. I'm glad it's not trying to be the old one with a new coat of paint and seems to be fine trying to do its own thing with the premise.

The jokes aren't great but honestly the original kind of fell flat too whenever Bill Murray wasn't mugging the camera.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be honest, the actual quality of the jokes doesn't seem much different to me. The actors in Ghostbusters saved some truly dire jokes and as mentioned Bill Murray's character would have died on the vine if anyone else played him. Either the actors will do better in the context of the film or they're just not capable of saving the script the way the originals were.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
After that trailer my only question is can kate mckinnon singlehandedly save this turd?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Maybe it's just me but it's always seemed really weird to immediatly label a movie a flop, a piece of poo poo or speculate it's going to get a 0% on RT based on it's trailer, it's initial trailer at that. Trailers are almost universally poo poo at predicting if a movie will be good or not. There are plenty of cases where a movie has a rad trailer and it turns out to be dogshit and plenty of times where a movie has a garbage trailer and turns out awesome.

It might be me being wary of joining the crowd of people screaming and wishing this movie is lovely due to an all female lead cast but I really think this can be an awesome movie.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There was very little charm and humor in that trailer, I mean I kept my expectations low but I didn't expect it to be that bad.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Why would one need to punch a ghost? To lower its hp or something?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

This seems like a fine way to do a new ghostbusters. I'm glad it's not trying to be the old one with a new coat of paint and seems to be fine trying to do its own thing with the premise.

The jokes aren't great but honestly the original kind of fell flat too whenever Bill Murray wasn't mugging the camera.

Yeah when I was a little kid watching the movie I thought Bill Murray was the funniest character, too. Now that I'm an adult I realize it's actually Ackroyd and Ramis who have the best jokes.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
This trailer is so bad people are now defending it on the sole merit of pissing of redditors

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

OldTennisCourt posted:

Maybe it's just me but it's always seemed really weird to immediatly label a movie a flop, a piece of poo poo or speculate it's going to get a 0% on RT based on it's trailer, it's initial trailer at that. Trailers are almost universally poo poo at predicting if a movie will be good or not. There are plenty of cases where a movie has a rad trailer and it turns out to be dogshit and plenty of times where a movie has a garbage trailer and turns out awesome.

It might be me being wary of joining the crowd of people screaming and wishing this movie is lovely due to an all female lead cast but I really think this can be an awesome movie.

It's a comedy though. It's one thing to convey drama or horror in a short trailer. It shouldn't be hard to convey that your comedy movie is actually funny through a trailer.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

boom boom boom posted:

I would be ok with a GhostBusters reboot not featuring ghost sex at all. Evil Dead left out the tree rape from The Evil Dead, and if anything, I'd call that an improvement.

Um yes it is. The main girl gets raped by a tree.

Also, I recut the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5182ezO3Tw

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm amazed at how deathly afraid some people seem to be at voicing an opinion on a trailer for fear of being shouted down by a screaming mob of idiots.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

CelticPredator posted:

So what's the point of recutting a trailer?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

NutritiousSnack posted:

This trailer is so bad people are now defending it on the sole merit of pissing of redditors

Thats pretty much this forums trademark. Something can be total poo poo but CD will endlessly praise it because it makes the nerd boogeyman they see everywhere angry

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jose Oquendo posted:

So what's the point of recutting a trailer?

Pacing.

Also, extremely fun.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

This is good, real good.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Alteisen posted:

I'm amazed at how deathly afraid some people seem to be at voicing an opinion on a trailer for fear of being shouted down by a screaming mob of idiots.

But there are tons of people in this thread saying they liked it...

Guy A. Person fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 3, 2016

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Ghostbusters 2016 looks like a really bad SNL skit that won't end for another hour and a half.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Guy A. Person posted:

But there are tons of people in this thread saying they liked it...

There's nothing wrong with liking the trailer. People have different taste and different senses of humor. I just take issue with people basing their opinion on some dumb internet culture war nonsense.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

CelticPredator posted:

I came into the thread to say that if the movie is good, the team who made the trailer needs to be fired. Your cut completely solidifies that opinion -- now that's a movie I'd want to see.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

This looks like an adaptation of the 1980s cartoon. Like TMNT, it could be a hit among kids and receive a sequel despite angry fans.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Toady posted:

This looks like an adaptation of the 1980s cartoon. Like TMNT, it could be a hit among kids and receive a sequel despite angry fans.

I think the trick of that was that TMNT knew it's market. Whoever made this movie clearly doesn't and doesn't seem to care. It'll do fine and quietly disappear, chalking off another failed reboot of a successful cult franchise like Indian Jones. Maybe Back to the Future will be next and we can jokes about Iphones and Apple products!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That trailer sold me on this movie and the Youtube comments are making my day.

THE POWAAAA OF PATTY COMPELS YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

This is really good too!

xezton posted:

Edit: oh poo poo, ^^^ Patty bros unite!

:ghost::hf::ghost:

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 4, 2016

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

The power of Patty compels me to buy a midnight ticket for this movie.

Edit: oh poo poo, ^^^ Patty bros unite! :bandwagon:

xezton fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 4, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I liked that joke too. It's why it stayed in my trailer.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Buckwheat Sings posted:

I think the trick of that was that TMNT knew it's market. Whoever made this movie clearly doesn't and doesn't seem to care. It'll do fine and quietly disappear, chalking off another failed reboot of a successful cult franchise like Indian Jones. Maybe Back to the Future will be next and we can jokes about Iphones and Apple products!

Indiana Jones 4 was hugely successful.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Uh, wow. That is ~100% improvement.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

OldTennisCourt posted:

In the same vein, you all should watch the trailer to The Shawshank Redemption; makes it look like one of the shittiest movies and a huge waste of time.

:psyduck:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

boom boom boom posted:

There's nothing wrong with liking the trailer. People have different taste and different senses of humor. I just take issue with people basing their opinion on some dumb internet culture war nonsense.

I know. I don't take issue with your point. I was making a joke about "voicing an opinion and being shouted down by idiots". That didn't seem to be what was happening in either scenario in any case.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Indiana Jones 4 was hugely successful.

Ford isn't here to save this hot mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

boom boom boom posted:

I would be ok with a GhostBusters reboot not featuring ghost sex at all.
The ghost BJ scene in the original was terrible, not to mention creepy once you consider what Ray does for a living.

spacetoaster posted:

I'm not a boy but I actually liked that. :shobon:

• Locked thread