Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
That's the thing, it's going to be tough betting on these things since none of them are going to be trying to win at this point. They have switched to full on panic, keep Trump from 1237 mode. So whereas if Rubio were trying to win, he'd never gently caress with Idaho, he's been shipped out to say he loves Idaho just to keep Trump's delegate count low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

pathetic little tramp posted:

That's the thing, it's going to be tough betting on these things since none of them are going to be trying to win at this point. They have switched to full on panic, keep Trump from 1237 mode. So whereas if Rubio were trying to win, he'd never gently caress with Idaho, he's been shipped out to say he loves Idaho just to keep Trump's delegate count low.

Might be good for Trump, what with Rubio/Cruz/Casich continuing to split the not-trump vote in a more targeted manner. Plus, as doubtful as it is, who knows if Carson people will join the Trump camp given how Cruz ratfucked him.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i do not understand the rnom market

at all

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Idaho has a 20% threshold. Louisiana and Mississippi also do but Trump's going to crush both. The other states this weekend and Monday are all 0-10% and therefore each extra vote is worth less delegates.

You can either read this as "Idaho is winnable" or "Rubio won't hit 20% in LA or MS anyway so why try". Cruz should hit 20% in both naturally so he's probably trying to win Idaho for real.

Just to be clear, though, the 538 tracking thing has Trump on track with 130 of the next 271 delegates and he's probably going to win about 150.

Abel Wingnut posted:

at all

Overreaction. This'll happen a few more times this cycle after every time someone important flails around a bit. The market is made up of people that don't want to be the last holding Trump shares and they'll sell whenever they can.

This is a really good buying opportunity as long as you time the flips right. I sold 8K at 83% before it corrected.

Adar has issued a correction as of 20:17 on Mar 3, 2016

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Adar posted:

Idaho has a 20% threshold. Louisiana and Mississippi also do but Trump's going to crush both. The other states this weekend and Monday are all 0-10% and therefore each extra vote is worth less delegates.

You can either read this as "Idaho is winnable" or "Rubio won't hit 20% in LA or MS anyway so why try". Cruz should hit 20% in both naturally so he's probably trying to win Idaho for real.
True, I'd point out Rubio spent most of his pre super tuesday in VA though, where he thought he could win, even though it was probably the least useful place delegate wise since it was proportional. Also spent time in MN. Anyway, Idaho has a fairly decent sized Mormon population, who don't seem enamored with Trump in general so far based on polling.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Idaho is totally unpredictable for me. Mormons, Jesus freaks and militia racists will each break for the three candidates.

I actually have little faith Trump can win a lot of states west of the Mississippi. Oregon and Arizona are the most likely imo

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
For me, RNOM is trying to figure out when it's exactly going to bottom out for Trump (could go even lower after debate) then buy up again.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Who will speak the most at tonight's debate? It was Rubio for the debate without Trump in January, and Cruz for the other one in January and the one in February. I'm buying a few cheap Trump No shares.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I thought at the last debate Cruz and Rubio would go at it like the had been - turns out they actually both attacked Trump. I simply can't see him being anything but on the defense from more attacks tonight, which means more response time.

(totally buying in a good few cheap Kasich shares for the debate once they bottom out, c'mon Kasich hail mary)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I hope Obama finishes trolling the Senate soon and actually nominates someone. Most hopefully someone not even on the board at the moment so I get a really nice payout.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I've got $5 on Trump NO for the most debate speaking time as my gamble tonight

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oh, and it looks like the market for the debate closes when it starts, instead of 30 minutes in, just in case anyone missed that. :v:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Abel Wingnut posted:

at all

Yeah what it this. Romney gives a speech about why Trump is bad - do people think it's really going to finally sway voters against Trump?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I listened to Romeny for about 4 minutes before I had to turn off the livestream. I remembered all the reasons he was a terrible candidate during those 4 minutes

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

railroad terror posted:

I listened to Romeny for about 4 minutes before I had to turn off the livestream. I remembered all the reasons he was a terrible candidate during those 4 minutes

I mean, honestly his speech was good but only if you're like any sane person and already agree with it. It's not going to convince anyone who isn't already opposed to Trump. Maybe it'll embolden them, but at this point all Romney and co are doing is hurting the GOP's chances in the general by rallying and justifying anti-Trump feelings too late to stop him.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
alright jents, who's in this with me?

all aboard the cruz train :getin:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Swear to god my Romney.Run better not be locked up for more than a week :argh:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Trump YES looking to be on a downward dip in MI for anyone who wants on that.

Also, no debate question markets? Aw.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Ninkobei posted:

alright jents, who's in this with me?

all aboard the cruz train :getin:

Godspeed, goon

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Necc0 posted:

Swear to god my Romney.Run better not be locked up for more than a week :argh:

I sold it for a bit less than I wanted. Still, free $70. I'll take it.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I still have other money to play with so I'll let it ride until I need it for something else.

edit: omg it's back up to $.20 you loving idiots what are you doing

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
These Romney markets are so insane, I bought in too early and now I'm stuck until people come to their senses :negative:

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

ROMNEY!!! :argh:

I'm doubling down

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
It's amazing, I've made over 200 dollars in the past 24 hours just playing both sides of ROMRUN

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
God loving damnit :cripes:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sorry Necc0, ain't no gettin offa this train we're on

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
:siren: BIDEN MARKET'S BACK BABY :siren:

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Necc0 posted:

:siren: BIDEN MARKET'S BACK BABY :siren:

haha I thought you were being literal and rushed to check the site

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I've never even come close to maxing a market but if this gets even close to 50/50 I will dump everything I have into it.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
So what's the plan on Romney? Max out no and sell after Trump wins Florida?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

nachos posted:

So what's the plan on Romney? Max out no and sell after Trump wins Florida?
Buy no at 12, sell at 22. Buy yes at 78, sell at 88. Repeat.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

max out yes and collect your winnings when romney is nominated

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Thinking of just buying hundreds of Kasich OH NO, there's no way he can win right? It's 50 cents for no. Could it be a doubler?

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
one thing i really hate about this site: you cannot put in a sell order for more shares than you have

just convert the excess to buying "No" you ding dongs

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Thinking of just buying hundreds of Kasich OH NO, there's no way he can win right? It's 50 cents for no. Could it be a doubler?
He's in 4th place and 21 points behind Trump

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

GWBBQ posted:

He's in 4th place and 21 points behind Trump

This isn't really the correct answer, the correct answer is that it's Trump+5 right now at 31/26.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

I bought a bunch of Trump YES in OH at 44c. If you read my earlier posts in this thread you'll see that I based this on absolutely nothing concrete.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Flavahbeast posted:

max out yes and collect your winnings when romney is nominated

Please Don't Troll™

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Per RCP's last poll, Trump is +13 in KY as of 2/26

Per RCP's last poll, Trump is +17 in IL as of 2/24 (+15.5 average with a poll that ended 2/20)

Current prices: 72/74 in IL, 72/73 in KY :psyduck: Not just RNOM that's (imo) overreacting to Romney's speech and ignoring demographics/polls

Wish I hadn't lost so much in Minnesota and Alaska so I had more to bet here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

thethreeman posted:

Per RCP's last poll, Trump is +13 in KY as of 2/26

Per RCP's last poll, Trump is +17 in IL as of 2/24 (+15.5 average with a poll that ended 2/20)

Current prices: 72/74 in IL, 72/73 in KY :psyduck: Not just RNOM that's (imo) overreacting to Romney's speech and ignoring demographics/polls

Wish I hadn't lost so much in Minnesota and Alaska so I had more to bet here...

you lost money in two states with sparse polling, where trump was assumed to be ahead but lost badly

now you are proclaiming that trump is a must buy in two more sparsely-polled states?

seems like you've lost the plot a little bit

• Locked thread