Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Parallax posted:

do people actually think them not bringing up Wii U Zelda means it got delayed again

they think it was canned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Parallax posted:

do people actually think them not bringing up Wii U Zelda means it got delayed again

I already assumed it was being held back for the E3 direct instead. They need keep their megatons to their chests.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Motto posted:

Sticker Star's problem wasn't being an RPG-Puzzle hybrid, it's that it was a mediocre one.

no, being an rpg-puzzle hybrid was the problem because that doesn't work.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
kirby, #FE, hyrule warriors: yes
star fox, metroid, rhythm heaven: probably
dragon quest: maybe idk if i care enough
paper mario: wait and see
mario & sonic, fire emblem, monster hunter, yokai watch: no

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It was a bland adventure game with pointless rpg mechanics added on

Federation Force looks like it would be good if they stopped trying to convince people how it is a good metroid game and it fits with the story and poo poo, cause I don't think anybody cares about the story in a metroid game

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I already assumed it was being held back for the E3 direct instead. They need keep their megatons to their chests.

I kinda figured that too, and I'm taking a wild guess and say they'll use it to explain how the transition from the WiiU to NX works out

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

mabels big day posted:

no, being an rpg-puzzle hybrid was the problem because that doesn't work.

Zelda :unsmigghh:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
federadtion force looks like metroid: triforce heroes so i'm kind of down with that

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Im still unclear on the Hyrule Warriors stuff. Is all that new poo poo exclusive to the 3ds version?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If the new paper mario was a adventure styled spin-off without battles and just clever writing and fun scenario's I'd be fine with it but seeing as you won't get exp again and it's back to sticker star stuff it'll suck.

Like Mario in the trailer literally picks up "Worn out jump x3" meaning that attacks are literally just items again.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Im still unclear on the Hyrule Warriors stuff. Is all that new poo poo exclusive to the 3ds version?

IIRC they've said that if you buy both version you'll get the new stuff like WW characters and Linkle on the Wii U version as well. But no idea if that'll be a standalone DLC for HWWU as well.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MechaSeinfeld posted:

only sorta, the 3ds version comes with a special code you can put in the wiiu version to download the 3ds exclusive stuff

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

don't troll me

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If the new paper mario was a adventure styled spin-off without battles and just clever writing and fun scenario's I'd be fine with it but seeing as you won't get exp again and it's back to sticker star stuff it'll suck.

Like Mario in the trailer literally picks up "Worn out jump x3" meaning that attacks are literally just items again.

We have only seen the beginning, so I'm still holding out hope for the clever writing and fun scenarios. Unfortunately for me neither of things can save a game with boring gameplay which is a huge problem with Sticker Star.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Federation Force will be good

Metroid Prime: Hunters was good and the touchscreen controls were good, also

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i liked sticker star but a new normal loving paper mario game would be good after 12 years

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

According to the gamexplain guy, it looks like star fox is gonna be like bayonetta 2 with regards to zero and guard where the combined retail is 60 bucks, and if you buy both online, you get a discount to bring the total to 60.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ag2IIpGAQ

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Electric Phantasm posted:

We have only seen the beginning, so I'm still holding out hope for the clever writing and fun scenarios. Unfortunately for me neither of things can save a game with boring gameplay which is a huge problem with Sticker Star.

The only good thing I saw really was the hub area wasn't just another Toad Town at first glance.

That's about it really.

Sam Faust posted:

According to the gamexplain guy, it looks like star fox is gonna be like bayonetta 2 with regards to zero and guard where the combined retail is 60 bucks, and if you buy both online, you get a discount to bring the total to 60.

They said this in the Direct yeah.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sam Faust posted:

the game looks really awesome

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Sam Faust posted:

it looks like star fox is gonna be like bayonetta 2

sold

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Federation force will be the first and last Metroid game I ever buy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The only good thing I saw really was the hub area wasn't just another Toad Town at first glance.

That's about it really.

Well if that plaza is any indication there will be 7 areas plus the final with no indication of what they will be so again I'm hopeful.

Also no one talk to me about Nintendo mandated Mario themes please.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

BillmasterCozb posted:

Federation force will be the first and last Metroid game I ever buy

I'm sorry about your hard life, Algernon

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

IGN has a good synopsis of Federation Force. They did a better job explaining it than Nintendo did.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Federation Force doesn't need explaining (to sane people). There are plenty of reasons people might be uninterested in that game that go beyond "not getting it".

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That's about it really.

I didn't notice if they mentioned prices or not.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah it's a co-op shooter using Prime's shooting on the 3DS hardware, I don't care how good Level-5 is that just doesn't seem good on paper nor on footage and Gurren Kirby looks way more fun for the 3DS anyway.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Level-5 =/= Next Level Games

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
:doh:

Point still stands, the developer's good but the concept just doesn't seem interesting and the footage of it doesn't look great either. People going on about how its ruining Metroid or whatever are ridiculous but nonetheless the game doesn't look very good.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE looks fun, bummed that the atrocious sales probably lead to subs only.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Federation Force doesn't need explaining (to sane people). There are plenty of reasons people might be uninterested in that game that go beyond "not getting it".

I'm not getting it.

Don't take that to mean I don't understand it. I'm just not getting it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Being unable to find about a half-dozen affordable good singers in the english VA community was probably also a factor.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE looks fun, bummed that the atrocious sales probably lead to subs only.

Well, from what I've heard, Treehouse did complain they had difficulties finding good singers for the game. Maybe it was for the best.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm glad they're getting #FE out at a reasonable date. Going to the effort to localize all the stuff in there would have likely needed more time and money then what is worth investing in it, so I'll be content with it coming out a day before my birthday.

RIP Paper Mario though

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Suspicious Cook posted:

I'm not getting it.

Don't take that to mean I don't understand it. I'm just not getting it.
Kensuke Tanabe really likes the Metroid universe and always wanted to make a game about the Redshirts, and decided the best way to do this is to have you play as one. It takes ten years but he finally gets the go-ahead to make the game. The game is the first Metroid game we're getting in nearly seven years, and due to not being a game where you even play as Samus, it's received really poorly at first.

The game itself is a multiplayer mission-based first person shooter where your loadouts kind of determine your role in the squad. That's basically all there is to it. It'll have a similar UI and control scheme to Metroid Prime Hunters, I'm sure.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Rexroom posted:

Well, from what I've heard, Treehouse did complain they had difficulties finding good singers for the game. Maybe it was for the best.

They didn't complain, but they did note the difficulty in finding singers. Much more difficult than on the JP end, where at least two VAs were plucked straight from anime that revolve around singing.

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH
I can see why people wanting a true Metroid Prime would be disappointed with Federation Force, but at least the game as it was presented today is in the same wheelhouse as Metroid Prime, in the same way that Hunters was. "It's Zelda Four Swords except Metroid" as the initial pitch would have been much better than what they did, which was show Blast Ball and nothing else and then say it was a Metroid game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's even directed by the same guy.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Hashtag FE bombed in Japan, so it's going to crater in NA. It's not surprising that it's only getting the most perfunctory localization possible. It's a game whose premise revolves heavily around teens singing and dancing in lingerie, so there was no chance of reworking it into something with mainstream respectability, let alone broad appeal.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It will sell 4 copies but I will buy it because I like Persona and that's pretty much exactly what it looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
At the very least, Federation Force can't be worse than Other M. It might even be good. I just wish it wasn't the Metroid title we were getting directly after that disaster. At least give us some traditional Metroid gameplay to sink our teeth into before putting the brand's name on a spinoff. Metroid isn't Mario where you see Samus playing tennis with Ridley or racing go-karts with Kraid every couple months.

• Locked thread