Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm still surprised that the deku spear moveset belongs to lana. The whole thing seems like it'd be a fit for Saria if anybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

mabels big day posted:

Everything everyone already said minus the pompoms.

you dont get to push groose and also say dumb things like this, bro!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Let's compromise here. Groose gets the pom poms.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm still surprised that the deku spear moveset belongs to lana. The whole thing seems like it'd be a fit for Saria if anybody

Just replace Lana wholesale with Saria. Nothing of value would be lost. :colbert:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

Just replace Lana wholesale with Saria. Nothing of value would be lost. :colbert:

The summon gate looks pretty neat. I haven't unlocked it yet tho.

Not a fan of her magic book moveset tho, dunno what it is but it just doesn't gel with me

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Tingle's dad for smash Hyrule Warriors.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

FirstAidKite posted:

The summon gate looks pretty neat. I haven't unlocked it yet tho.

Not a fan of her magic book moveset tho, dunno what it is but it just doesn't gel with me

Spear is the only Lana set I like like you, the book just doesn't really connect with me in any way.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Book is the best weapon she's got, but the Spear is the most fun.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Book blows. Gate owns.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

tithin posted:

Any advice for the Goron dude level 3 weapon map? I'm 57, with a 220 weapon and loving everything takes forever to die and does shitloads of damage. I've got level 2 in every defence except for fire and shadow which is level 3.

Everything just takes so long to die :sigh:

My last attempt I took 12k damage and 19 minutes to get there.

Honestly you're pretty low level for that. If you do one thing, it's level Darunia up to at least his 70s. I tried that mission over and over and finally ended up rupee glitching Darunia to 106 and demolishing it.

Look up the mission on YouTube and watch some people run through it. Adopt some of their tactics, like ignoring superfluous enemies and simply weakening some captains/generals rather than outright killing them and letting your goons mop up while you take care of other things.

Another good thing to get used to is baiting enemies into revealing their weak points. Nearly every captain-type enemy has a way to quickly reveal their weak point. For example, darknut and stalfos immediately go into weak point mode if you manage to stand behind them, so pop them with an arrow and dash behind them for a quick kill. I think Darunia's level 3 mission has a poo poo ton of shield moblins, and they will ALWAYS do their belly flop after blocking two attacks in a row. So just wail on them and dodge out of the way when they flop. Rinse and repeat. When they do their big windy wind up for their spin attack, lob a bomb at them and watch them murder everything around them and then go into weak point mode.

Another tip for Darunia is that his heavy attack is a nuclear loving bomb, especially on non-boss monster weakpoints. If you can manage to find Strong Attack+ and Strength IV, you'll be gold. Just spam YYYX for everything that doesn't have a weak point gauge. If a weak point gauge pops up, just roll those motherfuckers for a quick pop of damage and a weak point smash.

Hope this helps. Darunia is a tough character to figure out, but once you get into a groove, he's a lot of fun.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Give Link the gate. That bug that let you use weapons on the wrong characters proved Diva Link to be superior.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Dizz posted:

Book blows. Gate owns.

I'd judge it as among the top five worst weapons in the game in terms of actual performance. The only good thing about it is boosted Argorok and C1 infinite (that lasts for as long as you don't get Gohma).

That doesn't stop it from being one of the most downright fun and enjoyable weapons to use in the entire game because a japanese idol summoning Legend of Zelda monsters and riding a loving dragon is peak anime and awesome as gently caress! :swoon:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Yeah Argorok makes it so great. It mops up random enemies and kills them immediately, it's super mobile and fast, and it can even grab commanders and juggle them a bit.

That's not to say the random bosses you get whilst summoning argorok also don't help.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Every time I play darunia I just mash his strong attack button over and over and over, am I doing it right

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I use the attack where he slams his hammer into the ground and it shoots fire in front of him a lot.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

mabels big day posted:

I use the attack where he slams his hammer into the ground and it shoots fire in front of him a lot.

This is what I do but I'm Bad At Videogames and often miss and get the one where he just kind of poops out a puddle of lava and everyone laughs at him because no one else is in it.

My pro Darunia strat: Item Potions

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I havent played this game in months because I just want to go in to the 3ds version with somewhat fresh eyes.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Missed the direct, but apparently Medli was announced for Legends , and Legends is also going to get 4 DLC?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Missed the direct, but apparently Medli was announced for Legends , and Legends is also going to get 4 DLC?

The dream lives on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oxyclean posted:

She's also coming to the Wii U version but it seems like the DLC isn't.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

yeah they mentioned something about a season pass and Medli was gonna be in it or something. I kidna forgot everything when I started laughing at mario and sonic and paper mario.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dizz posted:

yeah they mentioned something about a season pass and Medli was gonna be in it or something. I kidna forgot everything when I started laughing at mario and sonic and paper mario.

Medli is a free download on both 3DS and Wii U.

The Season Pass is set up exactly like the Wii U one; 4 DLC packs, buy the pass to get an exclusive costume, which is Wind Waker Ganon.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

mabels big day posted:

The dream lives on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Groose.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So apparently Legends has a Demo up on the PAL eShop but not the US one.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
If we don't get Groose the second time around, I will literally end someone.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

We have to be getting Groose.

We just have to be.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
drat, dlc exclusive to legends? :( gently caress...

I want the cornando wind waker costume...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FirstAidKite posted:

drat, dlc exclusive to legends? :( gently caress...

I want the cornando wind waker costume...

I have to imagine that at least some of it will get backported to the Wii U game.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Magypsy posted:

If we don't get Groose the second time around, I will literally end someone.

I actually cannot even imagine this. I don't know how it would be possible. I don't know if there are even that many other characters in this series.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mabels big day posted:

I actually cannot even imagine this. I don't know how it would be possible. I don't know if there are even that many other characters in this series.

Hilda from LBW, Witch Girl from LBW, Princess Styla from Tri-Force Heroes, Linebeck. There we go.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

mabels big day posted:

remember that Agitha of all people is in the original game. Any thing is possible.

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010

tithin posted:

Any advice for the Goron dude level 3 weapon map? I'm 57, with a 220 weapon and loving everything takes forever to die and does shitloads of damage. I've got level 2 in every defence except for fire and shadow which is level 3.

Everything just takes so long to die :sigh:

My last attempt I took 12k damage and 19 minutes to get there.

It was mentioned earlier, but more levels will definitely help. Even with levels though, it's really easy to get stuck if you don't capture the keeps at the bottom of the map ASAP. If you don't, they will send an endless stream of powered up moblins that take forever to kill. I followed these steps to beat it:

1. As soon as the level starts, run top and rough up Ganondorf's forces a bit. For some reason, Ganondorf is a bit of a chump without backup; it will take him ages to capture the keep he runs towards (hell, I've seen him get picked off by allied forces if a moblin doesn't come to help him.)
2. Move south and intercept the first siege captain at the center of the stage
3. Run to the bottom and kill the other siege captain
4. Capture everything at the bottom of the map; once you have those three keeps captured, the enemy will ignore the bottom of the map. If you don't do this now, the never ending stream of moblins kicks in and you probably won't meet the time limit.
5. Run back top and rescue your keeps. They will be an absolute clusterfuck at this point, but if you can clear this out you've basically won; without the keeps at the bottom of the map spawning moblins, you should be able to easily outpace the reinforcements and start recapturing the top of the map.
6. Capture the last keeps you need, beat the level.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is hyrule legends actually any good? It's out in japan, yeah?

Is it something where you p much need the new 3ds to enjoy it or is it at least serviceable on the regular 3ds

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2J98CvVau4

Yes, you need a New 3DS for it to be servicable

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Wow, I'm really impressed with Hyrule Warriors Legends. Stable 30 fps (only in 2D though, it slowed down a bit with 3D on, but not that much), the controls work and I honestly didn't even notice any reduced enemy numbers. Like, maybe there technically are less enemies than in the Wii U version, but at least in the demo level it never felt that way to me. Also, switching between characters is fantastic.

I'm so loving ready to once again lose hundreds of hours of my life to this game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm gonna be so mad if they release Groose and he's stuck on the crappy 3DS version.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm gonna be so mad if they release Groose and he's stuck on the crappy 3DS version.

What if he's stuck on the good and fun 3DS version?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I got it last night - thanks for the advice.

I tried the bug girls level 3 last night and uh definitely not ready for that.

Does the rupee glitch still work? I tried it months ago and never got it to trigger.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dunban posted:

Wow, I'm really impressed with Hyrule Warriors Legends. Stable 30 fps (only in 2D though, it slowed down a bit with 3D on, but not that much), the controls work and I honestly didn't even notice any reduced enemy numbers. Like, maybe there technically are less enemies than in the Wii U version, but at least in the demo level it never felt that way to me. Also, switching between characters is fantastic.

I'm so loving ready to once again lose hundreds of hours of my life to this game.

me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2J98CvVau4

Yes, you need a New 3DS for it to be servicable

Jeeeeeeeze

Im not getting a new 3ds just for hyrule warriors legends, f that poo poo, I'll just wait and hope it shows up on wii u too

• Locked thread