Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Shugojin posted:

Also the casual drop of two universes or something?

Well the food Neo eats has got to be going somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Sonata Mused posted:

Someone stuff Neos gourmet hole...

Komatsu will fill Neo's gourmet hole just he did with Zebra

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Broseph Brostar posted:

Well the food Neo eats has got to be going somewhere.

according to this chapter, just the opposite

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Terror Sweat posted:

according to this chapter, just the opposite

All the food Neo has eaten is going to another dimension where its been collecting for an extremely long time. Thats the food paradise that the blue nitro are after, or at least that's my theory.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
tastes like galactic scale genocide.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Shugojin posted:

Also the casual drop of two universes or something?
A 'Red Universe' and a 'Blue Universe,' no less! Toriko's author confirmed as secret Homestuck fan. (Also supported by the 'collapsing under the weight of its own scale at this point' thing.)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Neo would be loving best at preparing Surprise Apples.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Those apples would be so delicious and have less Zonge-fart smell.

But those poor apples. :ohdear:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

They would achieve the legendary Glittery Blob level of deliciousness.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 359 is out

Ichiryuu is still the best.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 359 is out

was there ever any doubt?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Future power-up spotted!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I wish there will be a full on spinoff of Don Slime and Ichiryuu's past, as well as Jirou and Setsuno.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I'm still hoping for Ichiryuu to make a return in the present time.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
That was a good chapter

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

alkanphel posted:

I'm still hoping for Ichiryuu to make a return in the present time.

he'll show up at the end and say "good job, I was worried I might have to step in and takeover"

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 359 is out

Epic.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
rly glad that the backbone of this series is the best character in the comic convincing the Gourmet Monopoly Guy to give up Food Capitalism

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah, the backbone is gluttony vs the joy of sharing/eating with loved ones. It's so good.

It's amazing comparing how poignant flashbacks in Toriko can be versus flashbacks in fuckoff stuff like FT or Bleach. This is a chapter about a side-character and the side-character's side-character in which there's an emotional connection over eating beans and it yet it works so loving well.

There's also a slapdash retcon thrown in to sort of explain why the Midora fight went the way it did, but it works perfectly for both combatants.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah, the backbone is gluttony vs the joy of sharing/eating with loved ones. It's so good.

It's amazing comparing how poignant flashbacks in Toriko can be versus flashbacks in fuckoff stuff like FT or Bleach. This is a chapter about a side-character and the side-character's side-character in which there's an emotional connection over eating beans and it yet it works so loving well.

There's also a slapdash retcon thrown in to sort of explain why the Midora fight went the way it did, but it works perfectly for both combatants.

Not really.
It was always obvious that Ichiryuu absolutely did not want to hurt Midora at all.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Not really.
It was always obvious that Ichiryuu absolutely did not want to hurt Midora at all.
I guess? I meant more the way the fight went in terms of what they threw at each other, not the fact his behavior made sense, which it always did. Neither of them was willing to kill the other.

The chapter goes back and addresses something in a flashback, which is a bit of hastily put in retcon, but I'm saying I didn't mind it. It was good.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's only a retcon if it changes something about a past situation, which it didn't really.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
http://readms.com/r/toriko/360/3250/1

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well that was super short.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
The next chapter better be nothing but foodgasms or I'm going to be pissed.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ANIME AKBAR posted:

The next chapter better be nothing but foodgasms or I'm going to be pissed.

Say no more.

http://readms.com/r/toriko/361/3275/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Good backstory on the demons. Also ahahha there better be something amazing inside that loving can.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Isn't that what they were gonna seal Neo in

are there gonna be two Neos

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Confirmation that our favorite friend of the bugs is not dead forever, he merely sleeps in the hair.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
it's ichiryuu

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Wait, so Toriko and Starjun are twins?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Wait, so Toriko and Starjun are twins?

Kind of a strange twist, because it makes so little difference at this point.

brotato
May 14, 2013
Everything about this chapter was ludicrous and I love it.

Real mad that the hair it looked like Sunny was eating was just like, his hair demon and not him delusionally chowing down on his actual hair.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
i can't believe zebra ate komatsu. rip in pieces

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Confirmation that our favorite friend of the bugs is not dead forever, he merely sleeps in the hair.

Aw.
gently caress.
Yeah.
:dance:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
freakin zebra

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
a GOLDEN can opener.

Also, no gourmet demons for gourmet knights. Komatsu gets one, though.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
the line between toriko and hentai continues to blur

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
When everyone's demon was out I believe Komatsu's was out as well, but it was obscured by someone else's demon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Yeah, Komatsu had his demon out in that panel too, but since it's just his face that transforms it's easy to miss. I do like that Aimaru is just awkwardly in the middle of that scene though, it's kind of hardcore he can eat half of Acacias full course and still not have his gourmet cells awaken.

• Locked thread