Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

OK so what have daum done in the last year thats made my game run like utter poo poo right now? Used to be that I could play this with a 2500k and a 760 mostly fine except for the usual draw distance issue but now with a 980ti and a 4790k it runs pretty drat bad and also somehow hard crashed my computer into a restart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

how about now

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh apparently dedicated fullscreen somehow completely fucks up the game, now I'm running at like 85+fps

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Oh apparently dedicated fullscreen somehow completely fucks up the game, now I'm running at like 85+fps

I went to windowed full screen and it's been much better. Also turning off 'high end mode' basically doubled my fps.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
I might just be loving stupid but I cannot for the life of me find a way to download the character creator for this game. Do you need to own the game to do that? I just wanted to mess around with the creator really.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fullscreen mode sets your refresh rate to like 30

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

Mr Cuddles posted:

I might just be loving stupid but I cannot for the life of me find a way to download the character creator for this game. Do you need to own the game to do that? I just wanted to mess around with the creator really.

It doesnt work anymore.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

quote:

Update

We have created a form for all users who have been affected by the Serendia Issue to fill out. We would like to have this information solely to counter check the results from our investigation.

Serendia Survivor Survey

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.
7 day Guest passes for everyone 3 people.

Code 1 : 648E-CD45-CA0D-4992-8BE0

Code 2 : 8EA9-1BDE-49F5-49FA-98C8

Code 3 : BE79-1254-E616-4FA0-84B8

First come first serve.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

There's a PGS thread for that.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

kalstrams posted:

There's a PGS thread for that.

I dont visit other threads besides my bookmarked :catstare:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ffycchi posted:

I dont visit other threads besides my bookmarked :catstare:

You didn't read this one either :colbert:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

So signs are fun. :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

You didn't read this one either :colbert:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lol another friend invite requested, and no tell. This is just how this poo poo is going to work isn't it. No one is going to read the thread again just like wushu.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Ehh you probably deserve it

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Lol another friend invite requested, and no tell. This is just how this poo poo is going to work isn't it. No one is going to read the thread again just like wushu.

The crown you bare. Enjoy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

I think it dropped down to 24, I think it wanted me to feel all cinematic or something :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think it dropped down to 24, I think it wanted me to feel all cinematic or something :v:
It's not like your eyes could distinguish more frames per second anyway.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
:sigh: Tried playing on US servers, lost connection 3 times already and the lag is pretty bad. Probably to be expected for release day but oh well.

Do we not have any EU guilds set up yet? If not, I'm just going to pick a random server for us to use.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Ffycchi posted:

7 day Guest passes for everyone 3 people.

First come first serve.

Took code 2, thanks!

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Is it normal to get heavy fps dips inside cities? I get stable 60 everywhere else but inside cities my fps starts floating between 30 and 50.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Bagpuss_UK posted:

:sigh: Tried playing on US servers, lost connection 3 times already and the lag is pretty bad. Probably to be expected for release day but oh well.

Do we not have any EU guilds set up yet? If not, I'm just going to pick a random server for us to use.

The game currently is having disconnect issues with certain people. No one knows why and there is a support thing on their zendesk about it.

Pigbottom posted:

Is it normal to get heavy fps dips inside cities? I get stable 60 everywhere else but inside cities my fps starts floating between 30 and 50.

Some people got locked to a max 30 fps some how. I can't break it no matter how low my settings are. Other people can.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pigbottom posted:

My framerate does noticeably dip in cities as well, and I've seen on Russian forums that that's not an uncommon thing, especially if your computer does not cost an average yearly salary in Latvia.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

kalstrams posted:

My framerate does noticeably dip in cities as well, and I've seen on Russian forums that that's not an uncommon thing, especially if your computer does not cost an average yearly salary in Latvia.

The funny thing is that going down from very high to high doesn't seem to have any impact on the fps whatsoever...

To b e honest as it is right now is pretty fine for me. My concern is how it will be when it comes to big events like world bosses and pvp battles.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Man this game does such a poo poo job at culling, I wish there was an intermedium between "cull everything you aren't looking at" and "render absolutely everything!". 90 fps without high end mode on but massive culling/pop in issues, or 45 fps with minimal pop in.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, I don't know whats up. my 780ti doesn't seem to be running full force and the cpu never goes above 60%

Dromedary Today
Jun 16, 2007

Tomorrow!

Bagpuss_UK posted:

As far as I can tell, none set up yet.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Postponing Camel posted:

As far as I can tell, none set up yet.

I'm playing on NA. I get 170 ping in average from Germany, So far I've been able to pay without issue

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Guild bonding activity, all packing on to one tiny bit of land to fish for the elusive Grunt

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Blackdesert fucks with your monitor refresh rate.

http://deliddedtech.com/2016/02/19/...itors-to-30-hz/

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/46ju3i/psa_black_desert_is_changing_the_refresh_rate/

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012
How kind is this game to people with potato-tier computers? That is to say, how much performance will I lose if I have a rig slightly beneath minimum system specs? It's only slightly - like 0.2 GHz, and a slightly weaker GPU, although everything else is way above minimum for what it's worth - but is IS beneath specs.

Will the game still be remotely playable or will everything go to hell?

I'm moderately curious about this game and I have a traded-for account for it I more or less acquired by accident (thanks, grey markets), but my old tower was retired for having its GPU die, so all I have is this relatively-robust-for-a-non-gaming-laptop for now.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm on mid-tier media laptop (i5-i4210U, 850M) and I'm playing. I had to make the game look like poo poo, but it runs, and should run well everywhere excluding cities and peak mass PvP congestion.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is this the game where people were making characters that look like barrack obama and michael jackson?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

Is this the game where people were making characters that look like barrack obama and michael jackson?
Yes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Anyone have a video or his download? The internet is failing me.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

Anyone have a video or his download? The internet is failing me.
What?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Templates for characters. But I found it. http://www.bdotemplates.com/ I guess I should read the first page at least before posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 4, 2020