Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win tonight's debate?
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
John Kasich
Baby Hitler
Megyn Kelly
View Results

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

No, it's actually a big deal. Rubio was the lead candidate of the #nevertrump movement. By saying he'd support Trump he threw that entire movement away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Romney just came out this morning and called on the candidates to categorically disavow Trump as a totally unviable nominee. This was treated as a big deal during the news day. Now, less than 16 hours later, every candidate has pledged their support to him.

it's because trump has the biggest penis so they recognize him as the alpha male

especially little rubio

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

"Big D" Donald and the Little Marcos

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if just one of those fuckers had responded with "No, Trump is not an acceptable nominee", thing would be pretty different

why the gently caress did they do that

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

paranoid randroid posted:

so i turned this off round about the time Megyn Kelly was straddling Trumps prone form and just stabbing and screaming and stabbing and stabbing, did he manage to rally

http://i.imgur.com/fVlA4OG.gifv

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What's with the yoga pants?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Aliquid posted:

if just one of those fuckers had responded with "No, Trump is not an acceptable nominee", thing would be pretty different

Because they're all craven cowards who agree with Trump

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Montasque posted:

Pretty much. They powers that be are like "gently caress it, let Trump have the ball, let him blow up, and we will rebuild"

We are in the acceptance stage.

It's mind boggling. How stupid do they think their base is?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this forever btw

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Aliquid posted:

Inability to adapt to a new environment.

Everything that has lead them up to where they are and this moment has been willingness to demonstrate obedience/not breaking ranks.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Aliquid posted:

don't the Republicans have some stupid pledge where you have to do that?

that's what happens with lame rear end party groupthink.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Aliquid posted:

My hypothesis is that they're actually too tired and too poor to keep up the fight for another full three months. I don't think Rubio can even make it until April.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
/pol/ is currently imploding because Trump said he would keep H1b visas.

They say are talking about the end of the white race. LOLOLOL

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Montasque posted:

why would you read reddit

just... why

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Montasque posted:

lmao

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Montasque posted:

so its an average day on /pol/

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Montasque posted:

You haven't been there long enough. Trump CANNOT lose their favor. That's the newest line of trolling/shilling.

E: pol is 4chins dummy

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

enraged_camel posted:

why would you read reddit

just... why

Same reason we just watched Ted Cruz eat a booger?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Honestly Trump's line re: the H1B's was nuanced enough to appeal to core supporters while offering a fig leaf outwards.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Are there actually positions sitting open with no Americans to fill them or is the whole thing just a scam to drive down wages

LOL why am I even asking

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

quote:

"Note: you won't actually get #DumpTrump yoga pants, but your $10 donation will help Marco stop him."

Now who's the con man? I WANT MY YOGA PANTS, MARCO

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Epic High Five posted:

Are there actually positions sitting open with no Americans to fill them or is the whole thing just a scam to drive down wages

LOL why am I even asking

I'm glad you figured it out :)

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Oiled and Ready posted:

You haven't been there long enough. Trump CANNOT lose their favor. That's the newest line of trolling/shilling.

even worse

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Epic High Five posted:

LOL why am I even asking

There are way too few properly trained torturers in the US.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Oiled and Ready posted:

I know you're our man on the inside of /pol/ so I'll take your word for it, but my quick glance was thread after thread of people melting down in regards to h1b.

Lets take it to the GOP thread. I'm going to troll Freep until I pass out.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

hes basically unstoppable int he primary at this point, but lets not pretend he didnt turn into a jabbering retard for a while tonight.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Luntz idiot: "Ted Cruz is a convicted conservative"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh my god WHY did they say they'd support Trump if he got the nomination!?!?!?!?!?!?

And if this was as rigged as it seemed, WHY didn't they leak to Rubio et al that the answer to that is NOOOOOOOOOOOO

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
while it was kind of fun to watch Kelly scream "NOW WHOS BLEEDING FROM THEIR 'YOU KNOW WHERE', YOU PIECE OF poo poo," i really couldnt watch any more because of how transparent a hatchetjob it was and how too late it was

you idiots should have done this months ago if you wanted to stop him

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Pick posted:

Oh my god WHY did they say they'd support Trump if he got the nomination!?!?!?!?!?!?

And if this was as rigged as it seemed, WHY didn't they leak to Rubio et al that the answer to that is NOOOOOOOOOOOO

because theyre garbage losers, op

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Pick posted:

Maybe they don't actually care about Trump's rhetoric and are simply in it for the faint chance of getting the nomination?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

this was the plan of action at the debate he skipped pre-Iowa

even back then it was too late

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Van Jones just said he'd like to imagine "a Margaret Thatcher" becoming President this year. He's talking about Hillary, I take it?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

while it was kind of fun to watch Kelly scream "NOW WHOS BLEEDING FROM THEIR 'YOU KNOW WHERE', YOU PIECE OF poo poo," i really couldnt watch any more because of how transparent a hatchetjob it was and how too late it was

The fact that Hillary Clinton has a bigger dick than Trump looks good for the General.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Still in awe, a little, when I think of how far its come

Every single time he is asked about a point of potential weakness, its back to the polls... like some sort of mirror creature raised from the depths who used to attempt to discuss policy specifics when the media person had their second question lined up to say "but what about that, since you are polling X"

This is what we created, really

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Seriously, if tonight doesn't hurt Trump he can just show up to every debate with a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses with two models in his arms from now on. Even in the general election.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Montasque posted:

No, it's actually a big deal. Rubio was the lead candidate of the #nevertrump movement. By saying he'd support Trump he threw that entire movement away.

the truth is, it was never a movement

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's probably too late. Trump's their man. His supporters don't want to see people be mean to him.

He made the right move skipping the pre-Iowa debate. It would have been this, and it would have meant more then.

Pick has issued a correction as of 06:46 on Mar 4, 2016

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Rexicon1 posted:

Seriously, if tonight doesn't hurt Trump he can just show up to every debate with a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses with two models in his arms from now on. Even in the general election.

this has been said at the past few previous debates that "if this debate doesn't hurt trump he is invincible"

I want to know what he does tomorrow to steal the news cycle. Had Christie for the previous debate and like clockwork it became the new media circus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

mannerup posted:

this has been said at the past few previous debates that "if this debate doesn't hurt trump he is invincible"

I want to know what he does tomorrow to steal the news cycle. Had Christie for the previous debate and like clockwork it became the new media circus.

I truly don't know how deep the vortex goes. This is like the event horizon of politics.

• Locked thread