Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Part of me hopes that Valentine left an extra double in the SBR universe and continues on as a villain like DIO, but if one Valentine is dead then that means the D4C died along with him and if the stand is dead then all the alt universe Valentines are also dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Apes-Ma posted:

I just want Damo to be the main bad guy for how much he would stand out in a line-up of all the other main villains.
I feel like there's no way Damo's the main bad guy, but yeah seeing his Gross Uncle looking rear end in this kind of fanart like this would be amazing

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Damp is a top tier Jojo villain either way

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Pomp posted:

Damp is a top tier Jojo villain either way

Not sure if this is a typo or an autocorrection, but it fits his power either way.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

Part of me hopes that Valentine left an extra double in the SBR universe and continues on as a villain like DIO, but if one Valentine is dead then that means the D4C died along with him and if the stand is dead then all the alt universe Valentines are also dead.

The alt universe Valentines are fine because they don't have his stand. They're not going to keel over.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I still would like followup/acknowledgment that Kira made a guy eat his own fingers

I didn't dream that, right? That totally was mentioned early on, right?

Like something out of Hannibal. Maybe there's a third Jojo Kira running around doing these things

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Aurora posted:

The alt universe Valentines are fine because they don't have his stand. They're not going to keel over.

I thought they all shared the one stand

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Broseph Brostar posted:

I thought they all shared the one stand
The prime Valentine is the only one that has D4C, it's what prevents all the Valentines from exploding into each other when they get together. There are moments iirc where it looks like D4C can be transferred between Valentines and that Valentine becomes Valentine Prime at any given moment.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah, they share it in that one Valentine can pass off D4C if he becomes too incapable of actually fighting.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Manga Thread: Araki forgot, readers forgot

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Something bizarre is happening on /co/

E: And it led me to this:

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 3, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: And it led me to this:

The clean burning fuel of his Stand, Propane Nightmares, will be the judge!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-njtZmmUw4

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Red Bones posted:

Yeah I'd definitely bet on the main villain of Jojolion not being a fat dude, especially considering part seven started off with the main villain being a fat dude and then Araki gave him abs through literal divine means. If there's one thing constant throughout Jojos, it's the main bad guy being a hot dude with abs, and that guy from Gappy's flashback looks a lot more like main bad guy material than the guy he's fighting at the moment.

also, jojolion is literally only like halfway through or so if steel ball run is anything to go by. there's PLENTY of time for everything to get wrapped up.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If Damo isn't the main villain, he sure as hell is at least the Vanilla Ice. Despite having a goofy design, dude's intimidating as gently caress.

Aurora posted:

Yeah, they share it in that one Valentine can pass off D4C if he becomes too incapable of actually fighting.

When you think meduim-hard about this, it really reinforces how fanatical Valentine's devotion to his country is. Who the hell knows how many Valentines have selflessly given their lives for AMERICA when necessary :patriot:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fat Valentine was the best, he should've stuck around

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

The clear answer will be that the final boss' stand will have all the powers that Araki forgot about. Redirecting attacks, removing armour, Star Finger: all things he has sapped from other times and places.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I FINALLY FOUND THE PHANTOM BLOOD HYPE THEME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqtJqKgemw4

The JoJo osts are so loving good

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The DIU re-release that they mentioned with the key art is coming, like, what, this week?

https://twitter.com/araki_jojo/status/705303693608902656

I'm weird, I kinda wanted redrawn covers but I'm obviously happy about how this looks, too.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

please give us those editions in English, viz

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

dogsicle posted:

Every night I pray for this & for the soul of josefumi kujo

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Every night I pray for this & for the soul of josefumi kujo

This brings up a question.

Since souls have been basically proven to exist in JoJo (that whole switching thing in part five) and that someone can have more than one, does that mean Gappy has both Kira and Josefumi's souls in him, or are they both dead and he's a wholly new person with his own soul?

Or does he not even have one? :tinfoil:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

dogsicle posted:

:pray:
i will buy all of them this very second please viz

Baal posted:

I FINALLY FOUND THE PHANTOM BLOOD HYPE THEME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqtJqKgemw4

The JoJo osts are so loving good
It says something that like four years later, I still have the first ten seconds of this stuck in my head where it will never leave, it's a really good theme

Also I listened to Kakyoin's character song yesterday on my drive and got emotional....again....

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 4, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I mean I picture a sort of moment where something somebody does is able to undo whatever was done to wipe both memories so he gets a full hit of both parts all at once and it completely fucks him up but I can also see it just never coming back to him, ever.

But yeah, I think both "souls" are in there at once, plus the third consciousness? Zero foundation for thinking that, of course, other than maybe my earnest desire to believe that those two halves exist somewhere locked up in him in terms of their own consciousness.

e:

Moltrey posted:

Also I listened to Kakyoin's character song yesterday on my drive and got emotional....again....
I'm probably the only kak fan who isn't that into goodbye nostalgia :cry:

Virtuous Pope, though, I love that one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2L4r0Aelvg

I think I said it before but the only SDC song that makes me actually sad is Return of Travelers.

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 4, 2016

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
When I re-reading DIU with the Invincible Trio translations over the color images I realized something about Killer Queen

It has a detonator on the webbing between it's right thumb and index finger, so Kira's little hand motion where he pushes a detonator isn't a weird quirk, it's literally required to trigger the bombs for his Stand apparently. I couldn't tell this in the non-colored scans but it's literally a bright red button when it's colored in so it stands out.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yup, we were actually talking about that recently. It's not totally clear until Koichi uses Echoes to hold his hand down that he actually definitely needs that "detonator" sequence, it's not just an affectation like Ringo's watch.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I totally thought that was just a tic Kira had, but whoops

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I'm probably the only kak fan who isn't that into goodbye nostalgia :cry:
Look, I know I'm probably projecting a lot into the song, but if you don't get misty at

"I swear not to return to the old miserable me
[...]
I listen to your lame jokes and laugh at how silly they are,
As I look back at myself, I think this is really how I'm supposed to be"

then what the hell

and yeah Virtuous Pope loving kicks

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

:cry: No, that part is definitely sad, I agree.

There's a reason why I like Kakyoin and Okuyasu so much, I feel them deeply

I just watched the 1st episode of Part 2 with somebody who has razzed me about my love of jojo before and I think I might actually be able to get them to keep watching. Only how many episodes to go before Part 4 and about a month to get through all those episodes between?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I just watched the 1st episode of Part 2 with somebody who has razzed me about my love of jojo before and I think I might actually be able to get them to keep watching. Only how many episodes to go before Part 4 and about a month to get through all those episodes between?
16 left in Part 2 + 48 for all of Part 3 = 64 episodes. So about two a day to get done in the first week of April

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the arc 4 anime op has been leaked!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnhrbjOzBck

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I've been a bit busy lately but I should have the Diamond is Unbreakable anime thread ready to post by the Ides of March.

Please be excited that Duwang is nearly upon us.

EDIT: ...The Flintstones?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fred Flinstar
Bedrock is Unbreakable

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYKupOsaJmk

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I ALMOST linked that here but I wanted to maintain my reputation as a nice, kind person who would never troll their friends.

I used tag viewer on it earlier when it popped up on tumblr and was amused that, at that particular time, only one person had no idea what was up. also I probably don't need to spoiler a joke but I am anyway

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just imagine if Part 4 episode one ends and All Star fires up...

And then Warner Brothers immediately cancel the anime, sue david, get them disbanded and Araki prohibits all future JoJo anime.

I'd be okay with it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have a hat shipping to my home

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I ALMOST linked that here but I wanted to maintain my reputation as a nice, kind person who would never troll their friends.

I used tag viewer on it earlier when it popped up on tumblr and was amused that, at that particular time, only one person had no idea what was up. also I probably don't need to spoiler a joke but I am anyway

your friends are the best people to troll though...

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Just imagine if Part 4 episode one ends and All Star fires up...

For a brief moment, this post was my favorite one of yours. Then it all fell apart. So close...

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Yabba Yabba Dabba Doo...

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Haven't listened to it yet. Is this real?

edit: it's still real to me, dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Haven't listened to it yet. Is this real?

Yes.