Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Game Master trait on both Sigurdr and Ragnarr all by way of vassals inviting me to carousing is wicked good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Has anyone managed to encounter and get rid of the sound stuttering bug?

It comes and goes randomly. When it's present, it makes the music stutter whenever the game isn't paused. It doesn't happen any other Paradox game, including EU4.

I found one method of getting rid of it - repeatedly switching between both of my sound devices (but without turning each of them off, as this makes the sound disappear altogether) seems to be restarting the game sound system. Sometimes it kicks off just right and the stuttering is absent until I quit the game and run it again. Otherwise it's just the matter of getting lucky. No other method I tried works permanently, including converting the music files to another format, using another codec and reinstalling the game from the scratch. It first happened after Rajas of India and still persists until this day.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
I think there must be something wrong with event created characters. I've had 3 Baha-ud-Din Naqshband Bukhari pop up. The first one died a natural death at the age of 25 on the same day as my current ruler, while the next one lasted about a year, and the third lasted less than the time it took me to revoke the current court chaplain's mosque. Now I got an event with some Armenian poet, but he only lasted a couple of months before natural death claimed him at the venerable age of 25.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Oh, so the whole Old Saxon --> Dutch thing remains unchanged? Did the team decide against it, after all? :(

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

SelenicMartian posted:

- Committing suicide now gives you a strong negative general opinion modifier

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

verbal enema posted:

Game Master trait on both Sigurdr and Ragnarr all by way of vassals inviting me to carousing is wicked good

that's my favourite dynasty to play as since Charlemagne added it :hfive:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

It's probably to balance this feature:

quote:

- During non-elective succession primary successor inherits 50% of temporary opinion modifiers from subjects of previous holder

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...elease_20160202

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

that's my favourite dynasty to play as since Charlemagne added it :hfive:

It made the game fun again

I did lose a Homlgang as Ragnarr wtf but I was spared and that guy spent the rest of his 40 years rotting in prison while we took a long vacation to some nice Irish Churches

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

verbal enema posted:

It made the game fun again

I did lose a Homlgang as Ragnarr wtf but I was spared and that guy spent the rest of his 40 years rotting in prison while we took a long vacation to some nice Irish Churches

one of my favourite CKII moments was inheriting the Swedish throne as some ahistorical ninth century viking and challenging the leader of the plot that murdered my father to holmgang and killing him in one blow. :black101:

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I just had a Viking, Berzerker, Brave, Genius die of a cold right before finishing his Great Holy War for Ruthenia. RIP Mr 34 Martial.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Your heir will inherit half the malus. I haven't looked but I'm guessing it's -50 so your heir will get a -25, which can be pretty disastrous. Basically it's closing the longstanding "get Depressed, pause the game, indulge in 800 malus points' worth of tyranny, commit suicide, your heir gets a totally clean slate" exploit.

I dislike this change because that exploit was drat fun.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
As a horde, are vassal clans supposed to be able to raid in your territory? Because that seems odd.

edit: Now my other vassal, who is actually the same religion as I, is doing the same thing. What the hell, guys. :mad:

Eric the Mauve posted:

Your heir will inherit half the malus. I haven't looked but I'm guessing it's -50 so your heir will get a -25, which can be pretty disastrous. Basically it's closing the longstanding "get Depressed, pause the game, indulge in 800 malus points' worth of tyranny, commit suicide, your heir gets a totally clean slate" exploit.

I dislike this change because that exploit was drat fun.
Can still do it if the realm's elective, I guess.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 4, 2016

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-_2xbh5hjg

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

So my Sultan's genius son picked up stressed, depressed, and loving pneumonia just a few years after I gave him a county to push him to the front of the inheritance line, leaving me with his harelipped 10-year-old kid as my heir. On top of that, he decided to set all his kids, including a genius, to the awful heritage education and hand them over to his foreign wife, presumably as a final "gently caress you" to the father that had been his rival for twenty years of his life. Now I need to figure out what the hell I'm going to do about this before my Sultan keels over; at 60 years old it's likely that his hunting focus is the only thing keeping him alive, so I need to move fast.

My guy doesn't have any other sons worth a drat. I can murder the grandson, right? His younger brother and heir is that genius kid, so even with bad childhood traits and a lengthy regency at least I can come out of it with decent stats. Murder might take too long, though- how likely is the grandson to start a war if I try to revoke his county, it being his only title?

Also, I recently unlocked and switched to Ag-Cog/Matri-marriages. How does this work with Muslim rulers? If I grant a daughter more land than any of my sons/grandsons, will they become my heir or will they stay behind sons with any amount of land in the inheritance order?

gently caress.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Eighth Law of Crusader Kings: Never, ever count on a Genius. He will die.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
is the Pet Rat (+1 health) modifier supposed to last forever?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

lol

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

idgi

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

I made my viking sister-wife my spymaster :smith:

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Annath posted:

I made my viking sister-wife my spymaster :smith:

So a regular game of CK2, then.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Gantolandon posted:

Has anyone managed to encounter and get rid of the sound stuttering bug?

It comes and goes randomly. When it's present, it makes the music stutter whenever the game isn't paused. It doesn't happen any other Paradox game, including EU4.

I found one method of getting rid of it - repeatedly switching between both of my sound devices (but without turning each of them off, as this makes the sound disappear altogether) seems to be restarting the game sound system. Sometimes it kicks off just right and the stuttering is absent until I quit the game and run it again. Otherwise it's just the matter of getting lucky. No other method I tried works permanently, including converting the music files to another format, using another codec and reinstalling the game from the scratch. It first happened after Rajas of India and still persists until this day.

I had that for a long as while, since maybe Rajas of India expansion? I managed to lessen it a lot by setting CK2game.exe in task manager to Low priority.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Chickpea Roar posted:

I think there must be something wrong with event created characters. I've had 3 Baha-ud-Din Naqshband Bukhari pop up. The first one died a natural death at the age of 25 on the same day as my current ruler, while the next one lasted about a year, and the third lasted less than the time it took me to revoke the current court chaplain's mosque. Now I got an event with some Armenian poet, but he only lasted a couple of months before natural death claimed him at the venerable age of 25.

Do you have a really large court? Unimportant characters get a hidden health penalty to thin out courtiers when above some number.

Gimmick Account posted:

Oh, so the whole Old Saxon --> Dutch thing remains unchanged? Did the team decide against it, after all? :(

It's done, but there wasn't time to have QA test it. Next patch.

verbal enema posted:

is the Pet Rat (+1 health) modifier supposed to last forever?

You should have to choose to abandon it when you get out of prison.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Darkrenown posted:

Do you have a really large court? Unimportant characters get a hidden health penalty to thin out courtiers when above some number..

Yeah, that must be it. My income is really low, but I've got a huge amount of money from pillaging, so I've been spamming debutantes to get genius concubines :v:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Really wish the game was a bit more subtle about it too, or just check if they were commanders/had good stats or something so there isn't a horrible 'massacre' every time a ruler dies/ you spam the buttons a bit too much.

Bleh, I should be more positive in this thread.

Your Indian adventures are delightful.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
31/18 vassals

uh

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
I wish that the Republican portrait costumes would only show up at specific dates and for specific cultures. It's weird to have a Muslim Bedouin merchant republic in Socotra with frilly coats and floppy hats in 790 AD.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Expelling the jews just got me over 7,000 gold. :stare:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Volkerball posted:

So it turns out they were hoarding all the money after all.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Turns out none of the temporary titles in my game are disappearing so now I got a ton of land captured that I can't take back and several "Leader of Armenian Rebels" dukes, is something wrong with my game or what

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Volkerball posted:

I just checked out the wiki and that decision gives you 5x your yearly income. That's nuts.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Odobenidae posted:

I just checked out the wiki and that decision gives you 5x your yearly income. That's nuts.

You know the event where you ask someone if they've stolen something or something like that, and the result is either "now I know I can trust X" or "you shall pay back the money you stole, X?" I'm pretty sure that event has the same scale because I got like 6k in stolen funds from that one a while back.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Skellybones posted:

So it turns out they were hoarding all the money after all.

This is anti-semitic misrepresentation, Paradox. :colbert:

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Awww, it turns out Republics can't get Imperial Administration, you're unable to control inheritance which is the last thing you need for IA.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spiderfist Island posted:

I wish that the Republican portrait costumes would only show up at specific dates and for specific cultures. It's weird to have a Muslim Bedouin merchant republic in Socotra with frilly coats and floppy hats in 790 AD.

Just having culturally specific graphics for Merchant Republics would be fairly nice, since with tribes/nomads it's a lot more likely that people will be playing republics that aren't Italian/Hansa.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

CrazyLoon posted:

This is anti-semitic misrepresentation, Paradox. :colbert:

reality is anti-semitic :rip:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

reality is anti-semitic :rip:

:(

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
If we're briefly talking about scaled wealth thing, I nominate the trade expedition. The costs and benefits of it are scaled within a certain income range, and then set outside of it...except for the very end, where you have to pick between transferring a scaled half-year of income to your steward, or disappointing him and risking picking up greedy. If your yearly income is high enough (1000 a year, I guess, but still), the reward to the steward would be more than you get from the expedition!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
finally got my male courtier count up high enough to build the last of my planned trade posts. look what it did to my court lol.

i've got 70+ adult male courtiers and another 60 under the age of 16. now it's time for the culling. anyone know if there's console command to give a province smallpox? :getin:

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 5, 2016

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Not sure if this has been argued to death already but shouldn't the 8th century Byzantines start with at least one tick of women's rights instead of zero?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

Not sure if this has been argued to death already but shouldn't the 8th century Byzantines start with at least one tick of women's rights instead of zero?

I don't think they applied the women's rights laws to the history files retroactively - everybody seems to start on the lowest tier, even places that start with ag-cog inheritance (which normally requires at least the first tick).

• Locked thread