Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Batman would be libertarian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Panel better than all of BaRE.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Batman really needs to flying chair punch Jason Todd.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

That's a pretty cool Tron Batman.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mogomra posted:

That's a pretty cool MeTron Batman.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/babsdraws/status/705848416513998850

Would they have business going to Image Expo without having an Image comic announced?
Might this say something about Rebirth Batgirl?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

He, of all the Batfamily, would be the most comfortable going undercover. He's got a sense of the streets none of the others do.

Isn't that basically what he was doing in Batman Inc when he was Nightbird or whatever? They probably could've stuck with that identity if we lived in a just world RHATO wasn't an ongoing series at the time so DC went and status quo'd Jason.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Eternal 23 preview is up and it's a Genevieve Valentine script! Guaranteed to be good.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

She did the last one too.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Kate Leth and Joe Quiinones put together a Batman '89 pitch last year that didn't get approved :(
http://joequinones.blogspot.co.nz/2016/03/batman-89.html

Billy Dee Williams Two-Face!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can't see what the appeal of that would be. It looks nice tho.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd buy it

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

Kate Leth and Joe Quiinones put together a Batman '89 pitch last year that didn't get approved :(
http://joequinones.blogspot.co.nz/2016/03/batman-89.html

Billy Dee Williams Two-Face!

Ohhhhhh nooooo
:negative:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Those movies have not aged well, and I don't like being reminded of late 80s fashion.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I imagine the likenesses wouldn't be worth chasing, and the two best Burton villains are dead.

Lurdiak posted:

Those movies have not aged well.

That's how 'kitch' is born.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

I imagine the likenesses wouldn't be worth chasing, and the two best Burton villains are dead.

That's how 'kitch' is born.

Obviously they do like Batman 66 and design Burtonized versions of everyone else.

Im obviously biased cause I was 7 years old in 1989 and that's still one of my absolute favorite versions of Batman ever, but man I'm crushed this didn't happen.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's down there with that weird robot animal friends version of Batman and Beware The Batman for me.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm gonna go watch my Batman Returns Bluray and have just the best thursday!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's Wednesday.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Your timezone is as backwards as your Batman movie opinions!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Really like that Poison Ivy design too. Batgirl doesn't really say 'early 90s' or 'Tim Burton' though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm gonna go watch my Batman Returns Bluray and have just the best thursday!

Me too. Still love that movie.

I wish that comic was real. I want to see what Jamie Foxx Robin could've been. Also curious who that Barbara Gordon may be based off of.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I'd like to read that. Although, I haven't seen Batman Returns. Well, I saw a decent chunk of it in Spanish, but I don't really count that. It's around though, I should. That Batgirl looks very... odd though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Try and keep a count of how many people Batman murders in the film.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

is murdering a gang of goth circus performers really murdering?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Try and keep a count of how many people Batman murders in the film.

THIS is the huge glaring thing I have trouble getting past in the Burton films. Dude stuffs dynamite down some poor mooks clown pants and gets blown the gently caress up. Oh and blowing up Axis Chemicals, tossing dudes down stairwells.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

If you take dynamite clown seriously that's on you. Movie was funny as hell.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The movie was trying to be both dark and gritty while keeping the camp and it does not work.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think DeVito is the perfect example of it working. He's a monster man with hypno umbrellas and a rubber ducky buggy, but he's legitimately horrific and disgusting, and the movie delivers actual pathos when he dies in his filthy onsie, spewing black bile and being dragged away by unconvincing animatronic penguins.

e: Catwoman is no slouch either. Her resurrection by cat licks was dumb, but that's an insanely iconic design/performance mixing the 60's show type quips and, like, serial killer bondage.

It's not quite fair to compare her to Dark Knight Rises' Catwoman cause the tones of the films are different, but I think Pfeiffer's is an infinitely more memorable movie character.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Mar 10, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I forgot about Danny, his character was loving bizarre in a movie with lot of bizarre choices.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Batman Returns was as serious as Edward Scissorhands, or any other Tim Burton movie. I guess you could call it grim camp or whatever.

I'm terribly biased though. I was one of those kids warped by Batman Returns having Happy Meal toys.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Die Laughing posted:

Batman Returns was as serious as Edward Scissorhands, or any other Tim Burton movie. I guess you could call it grim camp or whatever.

I'm terribly biased though. I was one of those kids warped by Batman Returns having Happy Meal toys.

You and me both growing up. I still think Nicholson's Joker is just loving amazing, and wished that DeVito's Penguin had a chance to interact with one another.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Meh. Burton Batman is good and cool. Sorry if you don't find him murdering clowns to be acceptable. All we had for onscreen Batman at the time was Adam West...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Norns posted:

Meh. Burton Batman is good and cool. Sorry if you don't find him murdering clowns to be acceptable. All we had for onscreen Batman at the time was Adam West...

:confused: I don't see the problem?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Norns posted:

Burton Batman is just Adam West grimed up

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

I can't see what the appeal of that would be. It looks nice tho.
I would have bought every issue even if it meant donating plasma to get the money.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Burton Batman is just Adam West grimed up

Schumacher was doing Grittier Adam West, for sure, but I think Burton was doing his own Burton thing. If there's any '66 in there, I think it's more because that was the dominant cultural image of Batman until Burton and Timm.

(BtAS is still the dominant Batman influence today, which is amazing. I don't watch as many cartoons as I used to, but it seems like it's also still the dominant action cartoon influence—Timm-derivative designs having replaced Toth-derivative. [The original, pre-TNBA BtAS style looks to me like Timm doing his Toth-iest.])

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's fine if you guys like the Batman Burton films, but please don't act like people who don't are somehow joyless or care too much about the source material or whatever.

I just find them to be very stupid movies that waste some excellent performances.

• Locked thread