Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I kind of see avatars, engineer NPCs, walking around ships and fighter launches kind of all interrelated.

A delay until everything is ready at the same time makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Maybe they still can't get the hair right... :laffo:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So I uh, finally did Robigo shadow smuggling in an actual Asp Explorer for the first time instead of trying a special snowflake ship.

It's so much loving easier in an Asp Explorer.

Yes, you can do it in pretty much anything but there's a reason that particular ship is crazy popular. Even if the brakes are loving terrible.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
e: Looks like Kermit & co are joining Ed for the livestream tonight! Cool stuff: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=236347

Regarding the delay, here's the company's trading update where the delay was announced: http://www.frontier.co.uk/investor_relations/reports/news/?artid=575&pageNum=0&blk=275&tool=edit&blk=275

What do they mean when saying that Horizons was released as 'Early Access' in December? As far as I'm aware it was a regular release. Is this about their XBone release schedule - have they not released Horizons on it yet and are planning to do so in conjunction with Engineers update? That's all I can guess given that they say this delay will impact their sale.

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 3, 2016

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

El Grillo posted:

e: Looks like Kermit & co are joining Ed for the livestream tonight! Cool stuff: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=236347

Regarding the delay, here's the company's trading update where the delay was announced: http://www.frontier.co.uk/investor_relations/reports/news/?artid=575&pageNum=0&blk=275&tool=edit&blk=275

What do they mean when saying that Horizons was released as 'Early Access' in December? As far as I'm aware it was a regular release. Is this about their XBone release schedule - have they not released Horizons on it yet and are planning to do so in conjunction with Engineers update? That's all I can guess given that they say this delay will impact their sale.

Nah Horizons was released as early access and only recently was changed to a DLC like package. It was sold as a totally separate game on Steam at first.
As for the ex bone I don't know if Horizons will ever get there, Mac support died because Apple can't opengl worth a drat and while the bone isn't Apple it is quite underpowered considering.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Well my Pc is going into it's 6th year and can run ED:H. So a new console might be able to run it too.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
The planet surfaces use GPU compute, I wonder how good the xbox is at that sort of thing.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
More 'clarity' (see: contradictory messaging) on the update schedule from Braben and Mike whatshisface:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/48lsif/fd_revenue_warning/

David Braben posted:

What it means is that 2.1 is pushed out by around 6 weeks. This is to push the quality up, which is a good thing for the game. It’s ready when it’s ready. It does mean you’ll have to wait a bit longer, but it will be worth the wait.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/48mcv8/bad_news_cmdrs_no_new_fixes_until_next_planned/

the brown sea posted:

Urbanski101: I have to say I'm a bit disappointed about this delay, though I understand the reasons behind it. Could FD let us know if there are to be any patch fixes due in the meantime - the broken missions have been around since Horizons beta.
Michael Brookes: We'll disable some of the missions server side as a temporary measure and the next planned client release is 2.1/1.6.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/48mcv8/bad_news_cmdrs_no_new_fixes_until_next_planned/d0lzh62

David Braben posted:

Just to be clear, although we plan no major updates before 2.1 The Engineers, there will still be minor updates. These are not going to stop.
:frontear:

e:

KakerMix posted:

Nah Horizons was released as early access and only recently was changed to a DLC like package. It was sold as a totally separate game on Steam at first.
As for the ex bone I don't know if Horizons will ever get there, Mac support died because Apple can't opengl worth a drat and while the bone isn't Apple it is quite underpowered considering.
Oh, was it actually an 'early access' title on Steam? Seems odd. Amazed if they actually still consider it in a kind of beta or something but maybe I'm misreading.

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 3, 2016

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

El Grillo posted:

Oh, was it actually an 'early access' title on Steam? Seems odd. Amazed if they actually still consider it in a kind of beta or something but maybe I'm misreading.

Yeah, Horizons launched as Early Access so initially you had two copies of Elite in your Steam games list. It quietly got folded into a "Horizons Season Pass" for the base game a while back.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I thought the patch was going to come out like "summer" but a good chunk of june is TECHNICALLY still spring.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Welmu posted:

Yeah, Horizons launched as Early Access so initially you had two copies of Elite in your Steam games list. It quietly got folded into a "Horizons Season Pass" for the base game a while back.

Only if your definition of "quiet" is an email blast about it, an announcement in the launcher for like a week, and everyone (me included) who had installed the Horizons package through steam complaining that they had to reinstall. I actually thought it was pretty excessive coverage on Frontier's part for something as inane as how the game is labelled and packaged on Steam. But I guess if we're talking about it, it's a thing people care about for some reason?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I thought the patch was going to come out like "summer" but a good chunk of june is TECHNICALLY still spring.

Heh heh. I'm selfishly glad I don't have to rush back from Distant Worlds and/or miss out on the beginning of The Engineers. Sorry you nerds in the bubble got the shaft :c00lbert:

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 3, 2016

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
All of you who installed on steam got the shaft. I'm so glad I never took that option when it came around.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

I might have missed something but so far my only inconvenience has been that one reinstall, still well worth the steam friends list integration imo

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

I have amassed 100K in fines and the stupid ship computer is only able to tell me that the offended party is the "Glory to the People Party". No starsystem, nothing. Any ideas how I can pay back the fines with this meagre information?

I love how in the future we are blazing through witchspace, but have to keep track of our fines and itineraries in a scrapbook.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Diamond Frogs stream with Educating ED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frontierdevelopments?live

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

Einbauschrank posted:

I have amassed 100K in fines and the stupid ship computer is only able to tell me that the offended party is the "Glory to the People Party". No starsystem, nothing. Any ideas how I can pay back the fines with this meagre information?

I love how in the future we are blazing through witchspace, but have to keep track of our fines and itineraries in a scrapbook.

Dont pay fines. That's for suckers.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
This stream is... special. Ed is loving freaked out. You people are odd.

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 3, 2016

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Managed to get Ed stream sniped by 100 enraged locals. I call that a success!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

How do I find black holes and other cool space stuff to explore

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fried Watermelon posted:

How do I find black holes and other cool space stuff to explore

http://steamcommunity.com/app/359320/discussions/0/611703709831313158/

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Dont pay fines. That's for suckers.

Thx, another 100K saved!

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

The only thing to watch out for is a fine will turn into a bounty after 7 days, and system security will attack you if you let them scan you while you have a local bounty up.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Kramjacks posted:

The only thing to watch out for is a fine will turn into a bounty after 7 days, and system security will attack you if you let them scan you while you have a local bounty up.

Yeah, so pay fines in places where you like to hang out, like your favorite RES system or what have you.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Shine posted:

Yeah, so pay fines in places where you like to hang out, like your favorite RES system or what have you.

…or don't, and get blown up in a stripped down Sidewinder to make it go dormant or work as a newbie handout.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

or you could post the video instead of a dead stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QINeDzF7w9M

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

wargames posted:

or you could post the video instead of a dead stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QINeDzF7w9M

It was live when I posted.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

El Grillo posted:

This stream is... special. Ed is loving freaked out. You people are odd.

i like it, the mixture of improv, ligh roleplay and chaos is fun. Like a slosh ops without any slosh.

Now, Kermit, Was this all a big diversion so that someone else could deliver the gift baskets to the real target ?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Tippis posted:

…or don't, and get blown up in a stripped down Sidewinder to make it go dormant or work as a newbie handout.

Buying a Sidewinder and getting blown up takes a lot more time and effort than clicking a button while I rearm. It's not like I'm gonna go broke paying the occasional 400 CR fine for grazing shots on miners. Likewise, instead of having a newbie pop me for that 400 CR fine, I'd rather just take them bounty hunting and make them a million.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I just got scanned and failed the smuggling missions I had while docked in Robigo looking at the bulletin board. :wtf:

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Koryk posted:

I just got scanned and failed the smuggling missions I had while docked in Robigo looking at the bulletin board. :wtf:

Yeah people will do that to you at robigo in open, especially if you're still on the pad outside the hanger.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
I've got a PSX pad on a USB cable:
It's good, but it doesn't work for anything but airplane flying real well. It hasn't got enough sticks on it. It can translate vertically while pitching, but it can't do the same on the horizontal axis. Both "L/R translate" and "Yaw" are bound to the same axis, (toggleable). The controller doesn't have enough sticks on it. How many sticks do your controllers have?

DreadLlama fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 4, 2016

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I was down inside the station, but I guess I never thought about it being another player since I've never actually seen one.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

aleksendr posted:

i like it, the mixture of improv, ligh roleplay and chaos is fun. Like a slosh ops without any slosh.

Now, Kermit, Was this all a big diversion so that someone else could deliver the gift baskets to the real target ?

We did use several other Frogs who had nothing to do with the stream to drop UAS at the same target station while half the system was trying to kill Ed. Plus I sold mine.

Ed was blown up before he could sell his but that is okay I was going to say he delivered them anyway.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Me, I have ED:H but I am not playing at the moment as I need them to reactivate Rift support, i mean the Commercial version is shipping this month and there is no sign that they are going to support it,

SteamVR sort of works but is soo low res its like playing on a 2" screen at 640x480

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Well, I built a Tradeaconda instead of a Ram Whale. This thing is... big. I like the echo.

Still have my Python for Frog Stuff.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Watched that entire DF livestream with Ed. It was amazing, you are all amazing.

I think I need to watch it again tomorrow :v:

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Mar 4, 2016

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004

KakerMix posted:

Them making a version for the Mac but then dropping it because of the very old version of OpenGL it has makes it all the more annoying that they won't do a Linux version (which has a plenty new enough OpenGL). Bah.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Akion posted:

I built a Tradeaconda instead of a Ram Whale.

You disappoint me.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Koryk posted:

That's nothing, yesterday I got scanned while being outside the bubble. By invisible NPCs. Luckily I was just out exploring, so none of my non-existent missions failed. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

TheresaJayne posted:

Me, I have ED:H but I am not playing at the moment as I need them to reactivate Rift support, i mean the Commercial version is shipping this month and there is no sign that they are going to support it,
No sign other than the statement that they fully intend on supporting the Rift and were just waiting on a finalized SDK. It probably won't coincide with the Rift launch, but it is coming.

• Locked thread