Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Agent355 posted:

I'm using the google doc but I don't know how old it is so I'll also just stick my IGN here: Agent355

We should probably clean up the google doc and remove anyone offline 30+ days. I went through the ENTIRE list when I started and many of them were 90+ days offline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I just did the same thing and yah that was my experience. Probably only added 10-15 people total.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I don't do DB because I'm not interested in tiers/minmaxing and the rewards are really lame for at least half of it. Oh man three energy. Yay.

Would rather spend my 30 minutes of FWT sawing through Tower of Dawn.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Superschaf posted:

I just noticed the daily quest for modifying a potential (essentially meaning I could modify a potential for free). Exchanged +15 attack on Carrot for +320 defense. Any guidelines as to what potentials are good and also what values?

Your daily potential mod is essentially a freebie at max level. You pay 80 to modify a level 3 potential slot,t hen get 80 back.

Order of preference generally goes: Immunities, Crit, Attack, Defense, Other. If you have a particular MP-starved hero, using 1-2 (preferably low level) potential slots on more MP is acceptable, as well. Potentials can go up and down in utility based on the hero, too. Defense is better than attack for Jack, because attack doesn't affect his static damage on the third attack, things like that.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/3913-03.-03(Thurs.)-Noblesse-Patch-Note

Patch notes!

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/3906-New-Noblesse-Heroes-On-time-Event Free log in stuff for the new event.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

Order of preference generally goes: Immunities, Crit, Attack, Defense, Other. If you have a particular MP-starved hero, using 1-2 (preferably low level) potential slots on more MP is acceptable, as well. Potentials can go up and down in utility based on the hero, too. Defense is better than attack for Jack, because attack doesn't affect his static damage on the third attack, things like that.

Could I get some more words like this about other sort of game mechanics?

I've been playing for awhile but since I never really tried to suss out any information on the game I've just been using whatever characters looked cool, or just the ones I already had. I don't really know how to itemize, or even if itemizing will make ~that~ big a difference for me.

E: also shameful fact of the day, I played since the beginning of the spring/christmas event but I didn't realize that i could actually spend tokens until the second to last day. Leaving me with 14000 of them unable to be spent, or something in that area.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

:wtc:

After all that Chenny farming and now there's this. The grind never ends.

Wait, so one of the heroes is locked behind a $100 package?

edit:

quote:

2. You can select a hero you wish to get gene fragments from through the gene analyzer for blue

and unknown genes.

Finally, I can spend my blue genes.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 2, 2016

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Ouch. Seira is locked behind a $100 package?

So much for that hero.

EDIT: I hope they cave in and provide a gem option at the very least.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 2, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Haha, none of the new heroes fit in at all with the game, is this a mabinogi/popular artist crossover thing?

I hope the costumes aren't a limited time; I like the armored frankenstein, but black coocoo's having two separate rare item pools with stacked chances is going to make me do silly things.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

DontMindMe posted:

Ouch. Seira is locked behind a $100 package?

So much for that hero.

EDIT: I hope they cave in and provide a gem option at the very least.

I don't understand why they made the package so expensive. I feel like there must be 5-10x as many people willing to buy her at ~$25 than $100.

I can see them adding a gem or lower price option (aka price discrimination) if this is a recurring event. But as of now, things look pretty grim.

I'm guessing:
1) They have some revenue sharing agreement for the collab (i.e. part of the Seira sales go to the owner of the Noblesse IP)
2) Revenue overall has been falling (demand for set equipment has been sated), so they need to prop it back up with character sales

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Just opened the noble capsule, got excited at a set capsule coming out aaaaand....

My third Collector Sword.

Game.....why.....

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Event math because I'm a nerd.

The daily purchases total 290 per day. The Devil's Souls total 1080, the Perfect Genes are 500.

You can buy the genes 100 times. Each is 20 genes, for a total of 2000 genes for 5000 points. So, 10,000 to fully buy out both heroes, plus the 300 for the costume.

The Noblesse-only Coocoos are 3000 to buy all of them out.

The Noblesse-only three sets are 7200.

tl;dr You need 1580 to purchase the stuff everyone can use, and 20,500 to purchase all of the Noblesse-only content.

Hopefully someone here can look at the new heroes and determine if they're garbage or good. :v:

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

The Noblesse-only Coocoos are 3000 to buy all of them out.

The CooCoos seem like a bad deal if you're clearing lvl 8+ coocoos. Same deal with Devil's Souls (-3000-1080=-4080 from total R coins needed).

Raskreia seems like a better Deb, with armor-debuff/weaken on an insanely good hitbox. She has rather high base defense (2541). I think she's worth grabbing. Her set is good but not all that necessary (-2400 R coins).

Frankenstein in comparison only has 1130 base defense and seems to depend on his passive gimmick to do any damage. We'll have to see how often it procs when max'ed. His set is hot garbage: the set bonuses aren't worth losing crit from two slots + defense from chest. (-2400 R coins). I think his heal debuff is unique, but I can't think of anywhere that's terribly relevant at the moment.

Muzaka's set is required.

So that leaves 500 for the perfect genes, 10k for the heroes, 2400 for Muzaka's set, or 12900 R coins for the essential stuff, or 7900 R coins if Frankenstein plays as badly as he looks.

van fem fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 3, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

van fem posted:

Raskreia seems like a better Deb, with armor-debuff/weaken on an insanely good hitbox. She has rather high base defense (2541). I think she's worth grabbing. Her set is good but not all that necessary (-2400 R coins).

This is great news for me; not only do I like her design and am a sucker for teamwide buff sets (and ranger gear), but I've actively avoided Deborah on the vasis that I just don't like her design or costumes. Woop!

the grind really isn't that bad when you consider that the Lost Island gives 16 tokens, and auto-play is now in, and everyone should be drowning in energy potions after V-Day (i'm up to 34 myself).

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I don't understand Muzaka's skill set at all, but I am still a dumb newbie.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So Frank's skill set is a bit weird. His third skill is automatically maxed out, so no need to dump genes into that BUT it cost 1000 MP to use.

To get 1000 MP, you pray for his passive to randomly activate to increase his MP by 1000. This guy is one huge gimmick. It also means he's gimped as gently caress until 3* because you need his passive for him to work.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Should I buy any of the daily purchases or should I just save coins for the heroes instead. Not quite sure how many I can get as a newbie.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Superschaf posted:

Should I buy any of the daily purchases or should I just save coins for the heroes instead. Not quite sure how many I can get as a newbie.

always buy all the daily purchases as a newbie. You should have no trouble getting everything in 27 days, as far as I can tell, especially since expeditions give R coins. The daily purchases are going to help you quite a bit more than basically anything else on the list, except maybe grabbing one of the heroes, plus the right coocoos and demon souls, to force level them higher than your current team is, and that's only if you're -super- new.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

always buy all the daily purchases as a newbie. You should have no trouble getting everything in 27 days, as far as I can tell, especially since expeditions give R coins. The daily purchases are going to help you quite a bit more than basically anything else on the list, except maybe grabbing one of the heroes, plus the right coocoos and demon souls, to force level them higher than your current team is, and that's only if you're -super- new.

Alright, now I'm just slowly grinding out Muzaka. I can only do the first stage but apparently that gives you the best coins per stamina ratio (at least that's what I read on Reddit).

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Superschaf posted:

Alright, now I'm just slowly grinding out Muzaka. I can only do the first stage but apparently that gives you the best coins per stamina ratio (at least that's what I read on Reddit).

If you want to get coins, lower energy cost is best, because it seems to give the same coins per run, regardless of difficulty or anything else. If you're looking to finish grinding Muzaka, the highest level you can do is best, because then you can go on to grinding other poo poo.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

If you want to get coins, lower energy cost is best, because it seems to give the same coins per run, regardless of difficulty or anything else. If you're looking to finish grinding Muzaka, the highest level you can do is best, because then you can go on to grinding other poo poo.

Yeah but I get creamed in the second stage already, so not a lot of choice anyway. How many genes does it take to max Muzaka anyway?

edit: What are perfect genes usually used for?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Superschaf posted:

Yeah but I get creamed in the second stage already, so not a lot of choice anyway. How many genes does it take to max Muzaka anyway?

edit: What are perfect genes usually used for?

Perfect Genes are best saved for heroes whose genes are hard or impossible to get otherwise. The blue gene heroes, dimensional battle heroes, battle of honor heroes, these promo heroes if you can't max them before the promo ends. No idea how many genes it takes to max him, sadly. I believe it's usually a multiple of whatever the unlock cost is?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

2025 genes according to Reddit. Nexon also posted an apology regarding Seira. But it doesn't look like they'll change anything. Just a promise that future heroes will all be attainable for free.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
As a new player is it worth dumping the R coins into these new guys? I mean I don't have any clue what to do with them.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

lokipunk posted:

As a new player is it worth dumping the R coins into these new guys? I mean I don't have any clue what to do with them.

If you can manage them, having them is better than not, if only for the variety.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I maxed Kai's skills to answer my question of 'what happens if you get more genes of someone who is maxed out?' and it appears the answer is 'literally nothing, you just get more genes for them if you run the stage again'.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I've just been doing PvE content and mostly ignoring the battleword poo poo. What are some of the good characters that I'm unlocking in story stages? i guess jack is supposed to be good but I'm kind of lost on the rest of em. Who do I invest time in to start with?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Agent355 posted:

I've just been doing PvE content and mostly ignoring the battleword poo poo. What are some of the good characters that I'm unlocking in story stages? i guess jack is supposed to be good but I'm kind of lost on the rest of em. Who do I invest time in to start with?

We put together a Hero Spreadsheet. Anyone with an A or higher in adventure is pretty decent.

I'd shovel exp into Carrot, Deborah, Jack, and Serendi. Mu (or Unknown) are worth putting exp into as well, once you get one from ancient coins (from expeditions). If you can get your hands on Raskreia from the Noblesse event, prioritize her over Deborah.

Lance is easy to farm and also quite good for paper CooCoos.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I might replace Carrot with Raskreia in my lineup (Jack/Deb/Carrot/Mu/Serendi, in that order) simply because the AI is dumb and wasteful with Carrot and I auto a lot. I'm hoping it is smarter with Raskreia. Probably isn't. Much less likely to die on auto than Carrot is, though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thank god the Auto thing is in. This makes farming that Lost island dude so much easier.

I think I read that you need something like 2000 genes to max him out.

Edit: I also just pulled Frankenstein's belt from the 50 R pull so that saves me 800 right there. Its blue as well so maybe hold off on buying the equipment on the off chance you pull it.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 3, 2016

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

What are the most important lord masteries? I imagine the %attack and %hp of the battle tree and maybe expedition speed from the support?

Also do you get anything if other people use your dude for expeditions?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Agent355 posted:

What are the most important lord masteries? I imagine the %attack and %hp of the battle tree and maybe expedition speed from the support?

Also do you get anything if other people use your dude for expeditions?

The flat +%defense from the battle tree is also important. I wouldn't put any points into support until you have those 3 core battle tree passives.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Note that it is actually a % increase even though the description is missing the % sign in it. :v:

Also I read somewhere that Chris' 3 will actually make your team take more total damage since it doesn't factor in defense per unit. Is this correct or is that outdated info?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

van fem posted:

We put together a Hero Spreadsheet. Anyone with an A or higher in adventure is pretty decent.

I'd shovel exp into Carrot, Deborah, Jack, and Serendi. Mu (or Unknown) are worth putting exp into as well, once you get one from ancient coins (from expeditions). If you can get your hands on Raskreia from the Noblesse event, prioritize her over Deborah.

Don't get Unknown before Mu. Mu's guaranteed stun is ten times more useful than Unknown's chance stun, and that's not even counting the huge Attack and Defense debuffs tied to the same skill and her crazy AoE heal.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Sophism posted:

Don't get Unknown before Mu. Mu's guaranteed stun is ten times more useful than Unknown's chance stun, and that's not even counting the huge Attack and Defense debuffs tied to the same skill and her crazy AoE heal.

Mu's worth acquiring first, but her skills don't really need levelling unless you love her. I've almost never use her (outside of ToD85 last month). After I finish levelling my Bearman and Unknown, I suspect she'll be perma-benched.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

van fem posted:

Sophism posted:

Added to OP.

Is the friend's list obsolete?

If someone made a second goon guild post it.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Am I being optimistic in hoping that all the Noblesse costumes will be available after the event? I'm looking through the patch notes page and I noticed they didn't put an event period under the costumes unlike everything else.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Are werewolf bro and frankenstein going to be any good? I've swapped out Deb for the new girl and she seems pretty all right.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Are werewolf bro and frankenstein going to be any good? I've swapped out Deb for the new girl and she seems pretty all right.

Werewolf bro is a lot like Jack with less boss damage and more minion mashing. Regens between 5 and 20% HP per turn depending on number of enemies adjacent, can hit enemies in the usually frustrating diagonal formation, and has an AOE like Mu or Sraka, only with a 2 turn immobilize attached. He's pretty fantastic for non-boss purposes.

Frank's a harder sell, but once he pops his seal, which is 25% per turn when maxed out, or automatic at low HP, he goes absolutely loving nuts and murderfucks everything.

If you're a filthy moneyhaver, Seira is really absurd DPS if you have good aggro management tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Hahah, so Nexon apologized for Siera being a $100 purchase, (Mind you, it seems like you don't get enough genes from the package to max even her third skill.) and stated that future characters would not be stuck behind a paywall again.

And then apparently they ninja edited that response later, changing the wording to state that storyline characters won't be paywalled.

Skating on some thin ice there, Nexon.

• Locked thread