Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Alright so medium long story made medium long I got a hankering to try out noted 45% winrate hero Azir but the probuilds were all over the place and the mobafires were... mobafire. The one that felt the best was actually the losingest on probuilds by Overpow, which was basically just using fervor keystone and ASPD masteries (i do not think you actually need the ASPD masteries)

Since Azir is all magic damage its pretty easy to visually see the damage breakdown coming out of him, you will get an additional ~30% damage output of him per soldier on full stacks of fervor, depending on your level and how many AP items you have of course. That's an amazing amount of damage output for a single keystone IMO, and probably just not that good on Azir because from what I can tell (might not be true!!) since Azir in general has issues with Zed, Leblanc, Talon, Katarina in particular.

I tried it out in a couple Trundle games after trying to think of a melee top laner that would benefit most from fervor and it definitely seemed very good even tough I had to run it into less than ideal lanes for sustained autoing.

Anyway the TL:DR is I wonder if anyone has done a damage boost breakdown on Kogmouth with his first two items built with and without fervor because that mastery seems deceptively strong on champs that can actually get multiple 8 stack autos off pretty reliably.

It's definitely pretty weird that they're considering nerfing Kogmaw beyond where he was at before and I wonder if fervor keystone is the reason why.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
i can't tell if that's better or worse than https://webcache.googleusercontent....dota_warning%2F

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

A Stupid Baby posted:

Alright so medium long story made medium long I got a hankering to try out noted 45% winrate hero Azir but the probuilds were all over the place and the mobafires were... mobafire. The one that felt the best was actually the losingest on probuilds by Overpow, which was basically just using fervor keystone and ASPD masteries (i do not think you actually need the ASPD masteries)

Since Azir is all magic damage its pretty easy to visually see the damage breakdown coming out of him, you will get an additional ~30% damage output of him per soldier on full stacks of fervor, depending on your level and how many AP items you have of course. That's an amazing amount of damage output for a single keystone IMO, and probably just not that good on Azir because from what I can tell (might not be true!!) since Azir in general has issues with Zed, Leblanc, Talon, Katarina in particular.

I tried it out in a couple Trundle games after trying to think of a melee top laner that would benefit most from fervor and it definitely seemed very good even tough I had to run it into less than ideal lanes for sustained autoing.

Anyway the TL:DR is I wonder if anyone has done a damage boost breakdown on Kogmouth with his first two items built with and without fervor because that mastery seems deceptively strong on champs that can actually get multiple 8 stack autos off pretty reliably.

It's definitely pretty weird that they're considering nerfing Kogmaw beyond where he was at before and I wonder if fervor keystone is the reason why.

KogMaw is good because Rageblade is a silly item, Fervor is good, and Hurricane is pretty good. Take current Kog and throw him into last season and he's maybe a bad hero. He's just the number one abuser of items and masteries that are actually really stupidly strong.

I still want to see a Kog build that has something like Muramana, ER, Hurricane, (other stuff). Muramana damage at double attack speed would be some horrifying physical damage. The problem is not losing the game while you stack Muramana. You'd also be able to completely machine gun ult shots between a higher mana pool and 30-40% CDR.

BigLeafyTree fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Mar 4, 2016

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Tbh my guess is that, depending on game state, you'd actually be able to spam ults less at the end of fights because Muramana + W should absolutely drain your mana. Then again the recent muramana nerfs might be good in this instance I guess. This is the type of thing to theorycraft in custom games which I don't do so idk

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Japanese players call Morgana "Moru-chan".

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Is the Japanese server the new LAN meme

Please let it be so

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Still haven't patched/updated since 2015 but I'm thinking about it. I forgot to ask in the previous post I made if there has been any notable changes to masteries and runes in this new season?

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Gortarius posted:

Still haven't patched/updated since 2015 but I'm thinking about it. I forgot to ask in the previous post I made if there has been any notable changes to masteries and runes in this new season?

Runes haven't really changed. Masteries have completely.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

holy poo poo I regret clicking this now I want to kill myself.

words cannot describe how much of an LP dispenser jenny is in high elo. usually just plays lux super aggressive and overextends a lot. I think last time I played against her was in S4 or something and I ran into her a lot when I was climbing back to d1/master. pretty sure she gave me D3 all the way to D2.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Japanese players call Morgana "Moru-chan".

"....my waifu...." :anime:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

I want to weeb out with Japan already.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Koguma posted:

holy poo poo I regret clicking this now I want to kill myself.

words cannot describe how much of an LP dispenser jenny is in high elo. usually just plays lux super aggressive and overextends a lot. I think last time I played against her was in S4 or something and I ran into her a lot when I was climbing back to d1/master. pretty sure she gave me D3 all the way to D2.

"....my waifu...." :anime:

I remember playing against her and in season 3 and her also playing Lux and her being embarrassingly bad as well

When did she start becoming super virulent? Or has it been going on forever?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Servaetes posted:

I remember playing against her and in season 3 and her also playing Lux and her being embarrassingly bad as well

When did she start becoming super virulent? Or has it been going on forever?

p much forever

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
and also they don't say "moru-chan"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There was one okay girl in Sirens and I felt so bad for her for having have been apart of that mess.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
was the manager hot

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
One of them was loving xpecial so it's not like they had high standards

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

AHH FUGH posted:

p much forever

Whoever wrote that up should be shot and you should also be shot for saving it to disk

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
I kinda wanted to pick up Lulu to have another decent champ to play in p much all the roles I ever play but apparently her winrates in mid and supp are hot garbage? What's up with that

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

I kinda wanted to pick up Lulu to have another decent champ to play in p much all the roles I ever play but apparently her winrates in mid and supp are hot garbage? What's up with that

She's a very supportive midlaner who basically makes other carries carry way harder. It's a great champion but you're relying on your teammates to perform well, which is not ideal if you're soloqueueing.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

She's a very supportive midlaner who basically makes other carries carry way harder. It's a great champion but you're relying on your teammates to perform well, which is not ideal if you're soloqueueing.

Okay yeah, that makes sense. I kinda figured she was in the Janna school of "save your idiot teammates and force them to win the game" but the numbers don't lie, I guess.

Might still pick her up because I love her kit and personality, or I could save for Sol and hope he's a mage maybe

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 4, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Okay yeah, that makes sense. I kinda figured she was in the Janna school of "save your idiot teammates and force them to win the game" but the numbers don't lie, I guess.

All that being said, if you get really good at any champion, no matter their winrate, you're still going to carry games and move up the ranks. At lower elos the champion you play isn't the most important thing, it's how close to optimal you can play that champion.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

All that being said, if you get really good at any champion, no matter their winrate, you're still going to carry games and move up the ranks. At lower elos the champion you play isn't the most important thing, it's how close to optimal you can play that champion.

I'm a silver shitter so probably not very close :v:

And looking at the stats a little closer I'm guessing it's more that people just aren't building her right in general, since the highest winrate masteries/runes have >50% winrate while her average games played is around 25.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 4, 2016

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is azir still Hitler to play against its been quite a while since I last played and who is this jhin chap

Wtf are these adc items

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

AHH FUGH posted:

and also they don't say "moru-chan"

Yeah, they do. Everytime she is played.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flipswitch posted:

Is azir still Hitler to play against

Not until about 40 minutes in.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Pick up Lulu. She was the hottest of all poo poo for awhile so I think she or her items got nerfed but the psycho yordle is incredibly versatile and playing her well is rewarding and fun.

She might not be the HOT META right now but esp as a support she has so many tools that she is never useless. Kat seems to be coming back into play and she is one of the best supports to ruin Kat's day due to whimsy shield and wild growth.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Don't play Lulu. People who play Lulu ruin the lanes they're in. Same thing goes for solo lane Morgana, by the way.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Not until about 40 minutes in.
It's the laning I sucked at vs him with my mids so that's okay at least. For ref I only really play Orianna and Morgana.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flipswitch posted:

It's the laning I sucked at vs him with my mids so that's okay at least. For ref I only really play Orianna and Morgana.

His laning is pretty bad now. He really doesn't ramp up for a long time after getting some significant nerfs.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sweet, cheers dude.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

A Stupid Baby posted:

Whoever wrote that up should be shot and you should also be shot for saving it to disk

bitch I use gyazo

who doesn't aint no way i'm saving that cancer to my HDD you should be shot for even suggesting it

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Should I get ZZ'Rot/Banner on top Naut?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lady Naga posted:

Should I get ZZ'Rot/Banner on top Naut?

They're both good, so sometimes sure. Sometimes you may not want banner depending on the enemy composition (for instance, if they have no magic damage).

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

The Mash posted:

Don't play Lulu. People who play Lulu ruin the lanes they're in. Same thing goes for solo lane Morgana, by the way.

I'm fine with that

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Pro tip about Lulu vs Kat: don't polymorph her while she is ulting

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

The Mash posted:

Well yes solo lane Lulu is double cancer. Support Lulu is fun, good, cool, and attractive

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I am super happy with this Midnight Normal I just played with some friends as Voli.

http://www.replay.gg/search/oce/griddead#124249327

The whole game was super chill people being friendly in all chat to each other. Like complements and saying "nice play" and all that; no malice at all. Got 4/5 honorable oppoent out of it and gave out 5/5. Also I won and that's nice.

If Sexpansion Rabidsquid, being a MTG thread poster, watches Marshal stream I am sure he will appreciate me telling telling their J4 to youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5d9BrLN5K4 after I took his blue at the start of the game.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Flipswitch posted:

flipswitch my friend you are playing two of the best midlaners in the game atm, Morgana especially gives 0 fucks about any matchup and big-old damage AoE ults are super hot now with all the AoE - CC tanks getting played in solo queue

it is a wild time for Morgana mains to be alive

• Locked thread