Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AxisofIdiocy
Mar 5, 2009

What do you mean this
isn't the ketchup?

motherfucking intense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

I dig this a lot. :thumbsup:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, /r/opieandanthony is pretty much the show now. Maybe even better than the show was for a great many years.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Maybe Ant gets drunk and posts rants on there fer the...fer the show.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I hate how Danny Ross of all people has somehow slipped into the sub's good graces just because he happens to hate Ant.

He's still an awful miserable piece of poo poo.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Chromatic posted:

I hate how Danny Ross of all people has somehow slipped into the sub's good graces just because he happens to hate Ant.

He's still an awful miserable piece of poo poo.

He's only tolerated now. That whole reddit is like an angry drunk. Give them enough time and they'll take down ol' Guitar Hero Ross a peg or three if he gets out of line.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He actually had a solid response to Anthony's post.

quote:

Treating cruelty like a video game is called the Opie & Anthony show. What was Jocktober, just some mild joshin' around? You did a bit called Fatty Pig Fatty. You announced that the mayor of a city was dead on the air. You outted Jill for a leaky colon.

It seems like it's all well and good until it's nestled comfortably in your back yard and then suddenly all this behavior is despicable and you act surprised that it could possibly exist.

Stop acting like you're better than all this. You helped make this. People are going to say bad things and criticize. How long are you going to go on with the need for everyone to love you and tell you how right you are all the time. I think the majority of people here don't even care if it's true. They're reacting (there's that word again) and because it isn't positive praise, (you know, conservative criticism) that upsets you.

If this was an Opie mess, you'd already be pre-selling PeggShells merch and telling the sub how hysterical they are so shut your yap, "take the hit" as it were and honestly own up to why a myriad of tweets and instagram pics had to be deleted, damage control style.

That said, this is by far the most hypocritical thing you've ever commited to the immortality of the internet.

"Pure class". You know class? Aren't you up on felony strangulation charges? Classy.

Edit - Are you seriously threatening to shut the sub down for hate speech? Isn't there a video of you screaming the N word like a madman? What kind of speech is that when you use words like "animals", "savages" and the phrase "they aren't people". Sure sounds like hate speech to me.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

The Dave posted:

He actually had a solid response to Anthony's post.

:thurman:

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Keg posted:

Maybe Ant gets drunk and posts rants on there fer the...fer the show.

I'd legit rather listen to a solo Bobo call in show than O A or J these days. This is either an indictment on O A & J or praise for Bobo. Most likely both.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Bobo was comedy gold and I can't believe people hated him.

Now the lovely gimmicky interns/regulars could gently caress right off. But unintentional idiocy is the most entertaining.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Morter posted:

Now the lovely gimmicky interns/regulars could gently caress right off. But unintentional idiocy is the most entertaining.

To be fair, some of the interns caused some really funny moments. I always enjoyed Blind Stevie and Uncle Kevy and David.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I don't even remember Uncle Kevy (unless he was that 30+ year old intern?), but Stevie and David are exactly what I mean. They're not gimmicks, at least not deliberate ones. That was just them being natural fucktards.

I mean people like that caller Jordan, or those interns who talked about fingerpopping Occupy Wall-Street people, or intern Fat Matt, etc etc. The ones that had a shtick on purpose, they were the worst.

They were essentially 21st century Spuds Buckleys

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

What if Anthony had just said "yeah I hosed that girl, big deal".

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Or "no we didn't but we hung out a few times, I enjoy having her over".

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

An Enormous Boner posted:

What if Anthony had just said "yeah I hosed that girl, big deal".

if he just recorded a video of him saying "YEAH I hosed HER" in the dice voice he'd be some kinda hero imo

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Morter posted:

Bobo was comedy gold and I can't believe people hated him.

The Fuchitife (Opiespeak) and then when he called in for Lady Nyehhhh were both amazing.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Reddit is very scary when they mob on someone. I think during the Boston bombing they all went batshit trying to find the bomber and focused on some innocent brown kid and actively began ruining his life before the real suspects were announced.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

onemillionzombies posted:

Reddit is very scary when they mob on someone. I think during the Boston bombing they all went batshit trying to find the bomber and focused on some innocent brown kid and actively began ruining his life before the real suspects were announced.

Also all the 'potential bombers' they identified by MSPaint-drawing on TV screengrabs turned out to be plainclothes cops.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Are you saying maybe it wasn't a good idea for Anthony to needlessly go in and attack the subreddit of crazy people that spend all day talking about him and his friends?

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

It really wasn't. He was an idiot for trying to win their hearts and minds when they were going after Opie. Danny is equally stupid for chiming in at all.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

An Enormous Boner posted:

Are you saying maybe it wasn't a good idea for Anthony to needlessly go in and attack the subreddit of crazy people that spend all day talking about him and his friends?

It really wasn't. He was an idiot for trying to win their hearts and minds when they were going after Opie. Danny is equally stupid for chiming in at all.

They were both hosed when they jumped into technology so much. Remember how pissy they got about Twitter followers? It's one thing to use tech for entertainment, and another to obsess over it, and O&A never really got where that line was drawn. Why they even bother with a reddit is because they were too loving cheap for a web presence.

Then again, they also created their fanbase, so this isn't a case of Reddit Mobs as much as the show being assholes and not realizing there wasn't an off switch.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Danny is equally stupid for chiming in at all.

God I cannot wait for that sub to cannibalize Danny again after regurgitating him this last time.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

I don't think that was the Opie and Anthony subforum. Reddit has millions and millions of users, I don't think it's really fair to attribute that behavior to a bunch of jaded ex fans making fun of Opie's tits.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 4, 2016

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I can promise this was mostly catalyzed when Opie started making daily mentions about the nebulous 'haters'. Once he kept showing that he was vulnerable, that side of the base kept growing.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
We all got a little opie in us, until we head towards the toilet.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Morter posted:

I can promise this was mostly catalyzed when Opie started making daily mentions about the nebulous 'haters'. Once he kept showing that he was vulnerable, that side of the base kept growing.

O&A made this community of assholes, but when the bullying is turned their way they can't actually handle it. What ever happened to rolling with the punches? Does anybody remember laughter? Instead of coming back with a self-deprecating joke and a hearty clarification of the situation, Opie literally starts crying and Anthony starts attacking young girls on livestream. I'm sure some of these reddit pests are pretty persistent, but responding by threatening to shut down the site on the grounds of cyber-bullying isn't even a sane response. I just hope that the mental illnesses that are starting to present here will provide for as many years of entertainment as Fez's did.

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 5, 2016

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Cromulent posted:

I don't think that was the Opie and Anthony subforum. Reddit has millions and millions of users, I don't think it's really fair to attribute that behavior to a bunch of jaded ex fans making fun of Opie's tits.

I was addressing reddit as a whole with the boston example. They've earned it after that.

I'm sure SA has done similar stupid poo poo, though reddit is much larger and scarier when the mob decides to go after someone.

onemillionzombies fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 5, 2016

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Why they even bother with a reddit is because they were too loving cheap for a web presentation
They did have wackbag...but it was pretty much just like the reddit with a lot more confederate flag signatures/avatars

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

I'm sure SA has done similar stupid poo poo, though reddit is much larger and scarier when the mob decides to go after someone.

MODS KNEW! [/sarcasm]

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

The Fuchitife (Opiespeak) and then when he called in for Lady Nyehhhh were both amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWQzTR34lZI

gently caress YOU awrite.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Those little "nnnmrg" sounds (like at https://youtu.be/xWQzTR34lZI?t=3781) that Bobo makes whenever somebody says something that upsets him are so off-putting.

Keg fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 5, 2016

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I literally had never seen that before. Thanks!

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWQzTR34lZI&t=3954s

heh.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

AkumaHokoru posted:

They did have wackbag...but it was pretty much just like the reddit with a lot more confederate flag signatures/avatars

I made the mistake of going there once after the Stetten breakup because I didn't think of reddit. I just wanted to know more about the claims she was making about Anthony. What I got were people arguing that it is totally natural to be attracted to 15 year olds and anyone who says differently is just lying to themselves. The posters arguing against that seemed to be in the minority. I did not go back to wackbag.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhK8cfFuhEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFQFtoWrd3g

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

I want a taste of that. just a little bit.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOKRJZel4OY

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

holy poo poo

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

#IStandWithAnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

If he had done this himself, I'dve forgiven him for everything.

• Locked thread