Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes

Well well look who has protected their twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What happened to your DK avatar? I slaved away over a hot copy of Photoshop for all of five minutes to make it, you know! :colbert:

I was writing a report response one morning and after hitting post I realised some body had bought me a new one! No idea where it came from or who did it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/705115256608202753

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This sinful earth is not worthy of Paper Luigi Waffle Kingdom Adventures

This is the part where I take that one funeral scene from The Phantom Pain with the ashes and stuff and edit it to be about Paper Mario.

Augus fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 4, 2016

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Holy poo poo, I've been so out of the loop I did not realize the pop idol game my brain immediately tuned out of was the SMT FE crossover.

Wwwwwwwwwtf. Put it on vita.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Apparently it's no longer a crossover but its own thing, which is probably for the best because I didn't see even a little bit of SMT in it in past previews.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Echoing what I said in the general thread but good grief is hyrule Warriors a ton of fun. I couldn't sleep and realised I'd not really booted it up before other than a five minute play where I was concerned my game was broken due to characters lips moving but no voices being heard.

I ended up losing an hour to it. It's kind of huge, isn't it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

VideoGames posted:

It's kind of huge, isn't it.

Put it this way: there are MMOs out there with less content than Hyrule Warriors.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

I didn't know the wii u was unpopular in japan too. I figured persona was a popular enough series that #FE might have sold somewhat similar numbers.

Is the game actually any good?
#FE was outsold 4:1 by Splatoon and SMM in its launch week

The number of consoles isn't the reason it sold like poo poo

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

BattleMaster posted:

Apparently it's no longer a crossover but its own thing, which is probably for the best because I didn't see even a little bit of SMT in it in past previews.

Yeah; I was surprised to see #FE go from being "look at our crossover of SMT and FE" to "look at this brand new game which takes some inspiration from and has a couple cameos from SMT and FE"

Was the original pitch mistranslated/misunderstood? Or did something fundamentally change during development?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

jivjov posted:

Yeah; I was surprised to see #FE go from being "look at our crossover of SMT and FE" to "look at this brand new game which takes some inspiration from and has a couple cameos from SMT and FE"

Was the original pitch mistranslated/misunderstood? Or did something fundamentally change during development?

Atlus tried to do an actual crossover, but it just wasn't working so they went back to the drawing board and did their own thing. I think the director's reasoning was that since they were the ones in charge and not IntSys, it should be a game that played to their strengths instead of something with half-baked crossover mechanics.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
paper mario looks really pretty but i'm not a fan of the white borders on people

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Edmund Honda posted:

#FE was outsold 4:1 by Splatoon and SMM in its launch week

The number of consoles isn't the reason it sold like poo poo

I'm shocked Mario and the best evet selling TPS in japan beat an atlus game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Atlus tried to do an actual crossover, but it just wasn't working so they went back to the drawing board and did their own thing. I think the director's reasoning was that since they were the ones in charge and not IntSys, it should be a game that played to their strengths instead of something with half-baked crossover mechanics.

The FE series producer directly told them to do something IntSys couldn't instead of an SRPG.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Star Fox Zero looks really cool.

Helicopter sections looks slow as balls though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just so we are clear on this, what exactly was removed from Star Fox Zero? Cause from yesterdays presentation it looks like Nintendo took out all of the dumb gimmick poo poo that people hated when SFZ was shown off last year.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Can you do the coop gunner mode the whole game in sfz? Cause that makes it a day one buy because my 5 year old can play with me.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

I said come in! posted:

Just so we are clear on this, what exactly was removed from Star Fox Zero? Cause from yesterdays presentation it looks like Nintendo took out all of the dumb gimmick poo poo that people hated when SFZ was shown off last year.

As far as we know, nothing. They didn't SHOW the helicopter / tethered robot sections, but that doesn't mean they took them out.

There are really only two things I want from SFZ:

1. Some unlockable Super loving Hard Mode so I don't blast through the whole game in one week
2. This is a long shot and probably won't happen but I would totally love a survival mode that takes place on an All Range Mode map - just throw billions of enemies at me, star wolf every 10 minutes, see how long I can survive

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Polo-Rican posted:

As far as we know, nothing. They didn't SHOW the helicopter / tethered robot sections, but that doesn't mean they took them out.

See that is what I was thinking after the Nintendo Direct. But like that stuff had a huge emphasis last year, and I am just praying that Nintendo was smart enough to take it all out. The delay was because of the overwhelmingly negative feedback Nintendo got from the content they were showing off. From the way they talked yesterday, it seems like this delay was time well spent and Nintendo decided to take SFZ in a different direction. A lot of what they talked about was entirely brand new and I have a feeling added in the last few months.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

They showed a bit of the tether robot in the Euro direct.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Also btw people are still pissed off about censorship

https://twitter.com/MGNoxa/status/705536703801507843

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm very angry about anime titties.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why is everyone that likes video games terrible

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They showed the gyrocopter prominently in the previous November trailer, after they had announced the delay. That is still in. What they added were more levels, branching paths, control improvements, better graphics and more strategic event location, smart bombs, collectibles, etc.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This new game looks to be the exact same down to the limited attacks and the shop in the main hub area that sells them to you. Also judging by the fact that there's no Toadsworth and just a generic red toad in the intro is kind of hinting that there isn't going to be anything original here character wise either outside that paint bucket thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdofmoYcJNE

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Paper Mario looks really, really good visually.

The past few have been kinda meh but i'll probably get it.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
I thought Sticker Star was fine; not great, but not worthy of the sort of seething hatred people express here. The new game looks great and I'm looking forward to it regardless of whether or not it brings the worst parts of Sticker Star back!

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Bombadilillo posted:

Can you do the coop gunner mode the whole game in sfz? Cause that makes it a day one buy because my 5 year old can play with me.

Seems like "yes" but we'll see

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Jarogue posted:

https://twitter.com/MGNoxa/status/705536703801507843

If that's about #FE, it was probably NoJ's call.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Jarogue posted:

People are being really pissy about Bravely Second's changes too.

From the Direct:
"Metroid Prime: Federation Force is a game that absolutely belongs in the Metroid universe"

Lol he knows. HE KNOWS.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I am disappointed that Sharp FE is not delivering on its initial promise, but am interested to see what this original IP has to offer, even if it probably is full of lovely JPOP music and poo poo.

They aren't even dubbing it, they expect it to bomb hard but have to keep giving it Direct space 'cause they hyped it there initially.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Your attacks are now consumable items, there's no exp or anything of the sort.
So you get in a battle and use up your "mega damage jump" sticker and all you get for the fight is like... 5-6 coins so you can walk all the way back to town and rebuy the sticker. Battles with enemies were actively pointless and it was best to just avoid everything to get to the bosses.

The bosses themselves all require "thing" stickers (like the fan) that take up a poo poo ton of room in your inventory. When you face a boss you usually won't know what's effective on it until you encounter it so the game let's you run away from them, go fetch the Thing and usually one shot the boss or make it so it can't even hurt you anymore. If you use the Thing early you have to go all the way back to Toad Town and buy it again or go back and find it in the wild and take it to Toad Town anyway to turn it into a sticker. It's bad.

Also they removed every single original character from it, muted Bowser, cut partners, and just filled everything with Toads and nothing else. No pirate Bob-ombs, Koopa's with triangle shades, anything.

The only real plus is the music and some setpieces were really good.

This new game looks to be the exact same down to the limited attacks and the shop in the main hub area that sells them to you. Also judging by the fact that there's no Toadsworth and just a generic red toad in the intro is kind of hinting that there isn't going to be anything original here character wise either outside that paint bucket thing.

im not going to buy this piece of poo poo. god drat it nintendo

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
yay new fun games to play :)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

mods rename me "Sharp F U"

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
RIP in actual pieces Paper Mario

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Sticker Star was a flawed game that I still had a good time with, the game was relatively obtuse about what the best way to play it was. If you played every enemy encounter attempting to finish it in one round to get a perfect to buy more good stickers, it was a cool game. If you used your lovely jumps on everyone because you needed to "save" your good stickers for some reason, I'm sure it was a huge slog.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I am disappointed that Sharp FE is not delivering on its initial promise, but am interested to see what this original IP has to offer, even if it probably is full of lovely JPOP music and poo poo.

They aren't even dubbing it, they expect it to bomb hard but have to keep giving it Direct space 'cause they hyped it there initially.

If it's J-pop poo poo, then it's one of the highest caliber poo poo since the music was made by avex, one of Japan's biggest music companies. Y'know, Ayumi Hamasaki and all that poo poo.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

whaley posted:

yay new fun games to play :)

disagree

though the Kirby 3DS robot game looks cool

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I saw the Paper Mario trailer and right at the start Mario just hangs there watching some Toad being killed in front of him. Cold, man, cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
i am going to buy paper mario and federation force and enjoy both of them

and there's nothing any of you whiny nerd babies can do about