Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Voyager I posted:

TW games have had chariots every time there was a faction they could justify giving them to. I can't imagine they'd miss a chance to have chariots pulled by boars.

CA's posted Greenskin and Chaos rosters both have multiple confirmed chariots, they just haven't shown them off yet for whatever reason.

Edit: I don't think they ever got around to putting the Chaos roster on their Wiki, but you can get it from the steam page.

quote:

Full Unit Roster:

Legendary Lords:

Archaon the Everchosen – Melee/Caster (Lore of Fire) (Race Leader)
Prince Sigvald – Melee
Kholek Suneater – Melee

Lords:

Chaos Sorcerer Lord – Caster (Lore of Death, Metal or Fire)
Chaos Lord – Melee

Heroes:

Chaos Sorcerer – Caster (Lore of Death, Metal or Fire)
Exalted Hero – Melee

Mounts:

Dorghar, Archaon’s War Horse (Archaon only)
Gorebeast Chariot
Manticore
Chaos Dragon
Chaos Steed
Chaos Chariot
Barded Chaos Steed

Melee Infanty:

Chaos Marauders
Chaos Marauders (Great Weapons)
Chaos Warriors
Chaos Warriors (Great Weapons)
Chaos Warriors (Halberds)
Chosen
Chosen (Great Weapons)
Chosen (Halberds)
Forsaken

Melee Monstrous Infantry:

Dragon Ogres
Chaos Spawn
Chaos Trolls
Chaos Trolls (Armoured)

Melee War Beasts:

Chaos Warhounds
Chaos Warhounds (Poison)

Melee Monsters:

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
Chaos Giant

Melee Cavalry:

Chaos Knights
Chaos Knights (Lances)

Missile Cavalry:

Marauder Horsemen
Marauder Horsemen (Throwing Axes)

Vehicles:

Chaos Chariot
Gorebeast Chariot

Artillery:

Hellcannon

I'd actually forgotten that Chaos has chariots as a mount option for Heroes/Leaders, that's pretty cool.

madmac fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
No daemons for the only playable chaos faction jfc

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
MANTICORE MOUNT :swoon:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Phi230 posted:

daemons are a separate faction

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Has it been confirmed that all factions get three legendary lords or is this based on Warriors of Chaos getting three?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If you play chaos and you pick Archaon over the Prince of Fabulous or the giant loving dragon ogre something is wrong with your brain.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Prince loving Sigvald is one of the chosen leaders for Chaos? CA :golfclap:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
So wait, how do legendary lords work... do you get to pick? I thought you always started out with the faction leader and then could recruit the others through quests or events

Also, what is the difference between a lord and a hero

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Has it been confirmed that all factions get three legendary lords or is this based on Warriors of Chaos getting three?

It seems to be based on Chaos having three so far. That said, adding another to the current factions would be pretty easy. Dwarfs and Greenskins could get Belegar and Skarsnik quite easily, since both are tied to Karak Eight Peaks which will likely be the focus of a few quests. Empire has quite a few choices but my money would be on Volkmar the murder-pope.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Lords are generals, Heroes are agents (that can also fight on the battlefield)

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Dre2Dee2 posted:

So wait, how do legendary lords work... do you get to pick? I thought you always started out with the faction leader and then could recruit the others through quests or events

You pick any Legendary Lord you want to start with, and each has a factionwide bonus for picking them.

Lords are your generals. You have one per army, and one army per lord. Heroes are your agents. They can either be split from an army to act on their own and do agent-y actions, or they can join an army and give said army a bonus while being able to fight on the battlefield like a one man unit.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Repanse de Lyonesse

Well of course Bretonnia has a Jeanne d'Arc analogue :doh:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Its me I'm the problem I preordered I need my Spiky Mans DEELCEE

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

You guys are throwing so many nerd words around I have no idea what you're talking about

But if it means more of those rad dudes I'm seeing in the videos bashing on each other, bring on NerdWord McKnight Count Karak UzGuz Of Britonnia

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I prefer one generic Chaos Lord over Archaon any day of the week, at least you can give him a manticore or a chaos dragon.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Prince Rhaegar Targaryen Sigvald sounds really interesting compared to the rest of Chaos. I wonder how he feels about the elves...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Angry Lobster posted:

I prefer one generic Chaos Lord over Archaon any day of the week, at least you can give him a manticore or a chaos dragon.

Get Harry the Hammer out. Special ability: Causes Fear in Undead.

Harry the Hammer went into a mountain one day, discovered it was full of skeletons and undead, and slaughtered so many of them singlehandedly that he broke the rules of the universe and caused an inanimate, souless object to know fear.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

quote:

He (Sigvald) is spoiled by Slaanesh and is described as being extremely self-centered: his body-guards bear mirrored shields so that he may preen himself in the midst of battle.

Oh my loving god. :allears:

I may just go Chaos now.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

BillBear posted:

Prince Rhaegar Targaryen Sigvald sounds really interesting compared to the rest of Chaos. I wonder how he feels about the elves...

I recall one anecdote where he went on a scalping spree in High Elf territory because he heard someone claim they had better hair than he did. He's basically Joffery, if Joffery was backed by demons and he had the balls to fight in the field.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

BillBear posted:

He heard that elves have better hair then him, so he lead a Chaos warband into Ulthuan to scalp as many as possible. During the final battle, the blood reminded him of a wine he disliked, so he wandered off to kill the winemaker in Bretonnia.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

Arch? Arch Warhammer? Is that you? You sound like him.

Arch Warhammer is a Youtuber who simply cannot stop bitching about how CA is "loving up" the army lists by missing out on minor poo poo like the flagellants or the knight orders and what have you. I don't know if hes a geniune grog or if hes using the hateCA crowd to get hits but its all he ever talks about more or less.

I watched a few of his episodes, but quickly stopped because the guy is such a whiny twit that nothing CA ever does is right, its all poo poo and its all terrible and "not true to warhammer!!".

While i agree that theres a good chance we'll see some of theese units as DLC, and nor do i condone that practice, its still quite a leap to be constantly hounding CA over every little percieved mistake.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Has Norsca been confirmed to be in the game? I was wondering how Chaos campaigns would go: I assumed it would be horde-based entirely, with your initial goal to unite the Chaos Gods' warbands through force and/or diplomacy, subjugate the Norscans, and then kill the rest of the Old World while using your Norscan vassal's provinces as safe havens.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

toasterwarrior posted:

Has Norsca been confirmed to be in the game? I was wondering how Chaos campaigns would go: I assumed it would be horde-based entirely, with your initial goal to unite the Chaos Gods' warbands through force and/or diplomacy, subjugate the Norscans, and then kill the rest of the Old World while using your Norscan vassal's provinces as safe havens.

Norsca is confirmed to be a non-playable faction. Well, factions, there are several minor Norscan factions. Norscans and Chaos Hordes (according to the campaign videos) tend to go through cycles of infighting until one of them builds up enough momentum to become a major threat, and then spills south to wreck everything's poo poo.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Gejnor posted:

Arch? Arch Warhammer? Is that you? You sound like him.

Arch Warhammer is a Youtuber who simply cannot stop bitching about how CA is "loving up" the army lists by missing out on minor poo poo like the flagellants or the knight orders and what have you. I don't know if hes a geniune grog or if hes using the hateCA crowd to get hits but its all he ever talks about more or less.

I watched a few of his episodes, but quickly stopped because the guy is such a whiny twit that nothing CA ever does is right, its all poo poo and its all terrible and "not true to warhammer!!".

While i agree that theres a good chance we'll see some of theese units as DLC, and nor do i condone that practice, its still quite a leap to be constantly hounding CA over every little percieved mistake.

Yeah hes a mix of both Grog and of the TWCenter breed. Pretty terrifying.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Kaza42 posted:

Norsca is confirmed to be a non-playable faction. Well, factions, there are several minor Norscan factions. Norscans and Chaos Hordes (according to the campaign videos) tend to go through cycles of infighting until one of them builds up enough momentum to become a major threat, and then spills south to wreck everything's poo poo.

Cool, the idea of having a pet faction to order around and act as a buffer while burning the world is really neat. With multiple Norscan factions, I hope it goes something like picking your "favorite" from the lot, helping it dominate the North and kick every other Chaos warband/tribe's rear end, and then joyride with your best friend into the apocalypse.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

MadJackMcJack posted:

It seems to be based on Chaos having three so far. That said, adding another to the current factions would be pretty easy. Dwarfs and Greenskins could get Belegar and Skarsnik quite easily, since both are tied to Karak Eight Peaks which will likely be the focus of a few quests.

I thought Wurrzag Da Great Green Prophet was confirmed as the third Orc Leader. Though that may have just been speculation.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

You pick which legendary lord you want at the start of the game, and have the option of recruiting the ones you didn't pick during the game.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Legendary lords work like the roman/carthaginian sub-factions in Rome 2, but each one also gives you a special super general as opposed to just stat bonuses.

Also, re: unit variety
Armoured Legionaries
Eagle Cohort
Evocati Cohort
First Cohort
Legionaries
Legionary Cohort
Praetorian Guard
Praetorians
Veteran Legionaries

Don't get me wrong, units getting a new skin with every incremental +5 armour upgrade is pretty cool but please don't act as if they aren't all essentially the same dudes with rectangle shields and shortswords.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
One thing I am happy of is that they got what little units they have actually look good.

Also Ork spore clouds while bugged and over-exaggerated I'm glad they're paying attention to details like that, that set warhammer apart from other fantasy stuff.

Also the terrain looks great.

I know I've bitched about rosters before but my only real gripe from what I've actually seen are the small unit sizes but we don't know what sizes they're using. Also arrow trails look awful but they say you can disable those. Nothing mods can't fix.

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 4, 2016

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

The fart clouds are removed, they said it was a particle bug or something. I'm kinda glad though since it looked like the entire army had irritable bowel syndrome. I reckon they'll make Nurgle's men look like that though.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Ammanas posted:

So I just realized warhammer tabletop players are going to be this games twcenter posters. Insufferable, persistently unhappy with how CA implemented their version of 'history'...meanwhile like 75% of dudes just want a solid strat/tactical game :)

I strongly doubt this. CA has its own following of terrible idiots mad about DLC or a TW game that isn't ABOUT HISTORY :gonk:, we've already seen a mix of both side's village idiots yelling from the rooftops.

Tbh as a Warhammer fan since my early teens, I care far more about a balanced/fun game than I do about CA making sure that every unit in each faction's Holy Scripture is represented. What's important is that they capture the essence of each faction and they seem to be doing a stellar job so far (that book of grudges, :hellyeah:).

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

2 SPOOKY posted:

What's important is that they capture the essence of each faction and they seem to be doing a stellar job so far (that book of grudges, :hellyeah:).

It's dumb, I know, but I'm actually worried about this when it comes to my favourite faction, the Skaven, as half the fun is blowing up your own army through the vagaries of Dread Arengee (the other half being Clan Skryre). That being said, they do seem to be making a serious effort to capture the feel of each army, so maybe I'm worrying about nothing.

victrix posted:

You guys are throwing so many nerd words around I have no idea what you're talking about

But if it means more of those rad dudes I'm seeing in the videos bashing on each other, bring on NerdWord McKnight Count Karak UzGuz Of Britonnia

You only need to know the DOOOMWHEEEL!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

The problem with Skaven will be implementing them on a strategic level. Anyone that's forgotten their muskets on "fire at will" while sending a block of infantry in front of them knows that TW can definitely capture the spirit of Skaven and the Arrengee.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
That's a good pont. For those not in the know, the Skaven have outposts all over the world, from Nippon to Lustria, so world conquest might not be a thing. Maybe a bigger focus on storyline? After all, a good Skaven story would have plenty of betrayals (both by and inflicted on you) and whatnot, with plenty of black comedy, so that might be their campaign's strength.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

CommissarMega posted:

That's a good pont. For those not in the know, the Skaven have outposts all over the world, from Nippon to Lustria, so world conquest might not be a thing. Maybe a bigger focus on storyline? After all, a good Skaven story would have plenty of betrayals (both by and inflicted on you) and whatnot, with plenty of black comedy, so that might be their campaign's strength.

With the caveat that an "outpost" contains something in the range of a couple hundred thousand Skaven.

E: okay maybe the numbers are off but the point is that a competent commander with the sheer ratpower of the Skaven would take over the world by the end of turn 3 in TW terms. There's going to have to be a bit of work turning them into a playable faction, probably based on the reactions to how well/poorly the VCs get implemented on the campaign map.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 4, 2016

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

CommissarMega posted:

Best way to implement them was something someone else already posted, make shitloads of different subclans that are kind of members of the larger clans and you have to run around trying to beat them up or make alliances but they constantly backstab you and make it extremely hard to actually go and actually attack anyone outside the under empire. And if you do manage to make a large skaven empire it just starts rebelling etc.

Edit: Even better, implement the council of 13.

Washout fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 4, 2016

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So CA's Total War campaign AI in its purest form yet.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 was a really good game and now i want this game to be released ASAP so that i can pretend i'm restoring Erathia

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mans posted:

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 was a really good game and now i want this game to be released ASAP so that i can pretend i'm restoring Erathia

I never played much Warhammer FB (I was into 40K more) do Britonnia / The Empire get Angels? :cheeky:

And I think I'm gonna play as Orks or Chaos before Empire. Empire isn't that different from Medieval: total war! (Okay yes it is)

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Orcs seem like the best faction to start with, if only because you don't have to worry so much about that "economy" thing. Just fight and win and everything will work itself out.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Washout posted:

Best way to implement them was something someone else already posted, make shitloads of different subclans that are kind of members of the larger clans and you have to run around trying to beat them up or make alliances but they constantly backstab you and make it extremely hard to actually go and actually attack anyone outside the under empire. And if you do manage to make a large skaven empire it just starts rebelling etc.

Edit: Even better, implement the council of 13.

remember to have "upstart generals" and "promotion given to subordinate" apply to literally every recruit/appointment so you're juggling dudes on 2/10 loyalty all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

I never played much Warhammer FB (I was into 40K more) do Britonnia / The Empire get Angels? :cheeky:

Nope, not really any angels in WFB.

• Locked thread