Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Not really unless you grind for a million hours, and even then you get options for how they grow.

Tidus is the speedy frontliner who manipulates turn order, and changing this would be deliberately sabotaging him considering the number of levels it'd take to get him anywhere else.

Nothing bad about unique, specialized characters imo, especially when you can switch on the fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Mak0rz posted:

You didn't seriously download LR expecting the plot to be good or make sense, did you? Everyone praises LR because it's fun to play and that's about it. The story is batshit and awful.

This is not a criticism specific to Lightning Returns.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lady Naga posted:

I'm not sure if I want to buy Lightning Returns or the new Hitman with the sale going on.

Idiot.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Motto posted:

Nothing bad about unique, specialized characters imo, especially when you can switch on the fly.

The problem is each time I play I have the same six specialized characters in the same six specialized roles, and an idiot cat in one of those roles but lagging in development.

What if Wakka were the speedy frontliner who manipulated turn order? Let me just spend a dozen levels and two level one key spheres to find out.

There's no real variation in how your party shapes up when replaying it and with the unskippable cutscenes, it deeply cuts into the replay value.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Rude.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I don't know what other word to call someone who considered purchasing Lightning Returns and then actually went and did it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know what other word to call someone who considered purchasing Lightning Returns and then actually went and did it.

I'm sorry that I am enjoying my copy of Final Fantasy: Majora's Mask that I got for (essentially) free.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lady Naga posted:

I'm sorry that I am enjoying my copy of Final Fantasy: Majora's Mask that I got for (essentially) free.

Are you though

Are you

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

bloodychill posted:

Are you though

Are you

Yeah more or less. Theoretically there are better things to do with my time but for now this is good.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
While I was dying of burg poisoning I made a thing and I thought I'd share it with my video game friends so here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kECCNDmZb0Q

it is a video where I talk about Transistor for almost an hour

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Alot of people in this thread really seem to hate their chosen hobby

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

I bought it twice be cause I enjoyed it and wanted to play it again at an acceptable framerate

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

multijoe posted:

I love videogames

Not the mod

He's okay I guess

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

multijoe posted:

Who are they

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Sakurazuka posted:

I love videogames

Not the mod

He's okay I guess

most people round these parts love both

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

multijoe posted:

Honestly I think it's because it's morning and nobody had their coffee yet.

So yeah unemployed, had a 2 hour interview yesterday so I'm hoping something comes along with it. But apart from that? Just chilling, and playing some Dark souls 2. (need mah souls fix)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ugh, still over a month Dark Souls 3

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Every few weeks I put another hour or two into my no leveling run of FFVIII, that's the extent of my modern relationship with JRPGs.

multijoe posted:

Consuming media isn't a hobby :troll:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

UM WHAT

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shindragon posted:

Honestly I think it's because it's morning and nobody had their coffee yet.

So yeah unemployed, had a 2 hour interview yesterday so I'm hoping something comes along with it. But apart from that? Just chilling, and playing some Dark souls 2. (need mah souls fix)

After two hours, they either wanna hire you or wanna gently caress you. No bad interview goes that long.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

every platform it's releasing on has native streaming and recording what are you doing

Well I wasn't going to livestream it because my internet connection is rear end and that stream lag is the encoded in the video. And the share button means stopping every 15 minutes to save footage. I'd rather be able to play for several hours dumping footage to a harddrive and then cut and upload.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Snak posted:

Well I wasn't going to livestream it because my internet connection is rear end and that stream lag is the encoded in the video. And the share button means stopping every 15 minutes to save footage. I'd rather be able to play for several hours dumping footage to a harddrive and then cut and upload.

But you said stream.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

But you said stream.

Well I said that I wanted to do a let's play and that I had no streaming experience. But I can see where that lead to confusion.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

8-Bit Scholar posted:

After two hours, they either wanna hire you or wanna gently caress you. No bad interview goes that long.

True but in the field I'm in (games industry) I tend to go get nah we went with someone else quite a bit. Doesn't help my position is a very popular entry level type people like to get int (QA)

So I'm just being very pessimistic. hahah.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

QA isn't a bad gig, but man is it a bad field to work in. Humongous employee turnover, almost no advancement, they'll drop ya before the legally required pay raise... I know that it's the kind of grunt work you can make up for lack of skill and experience with sheer number of employees, but poo poo, you'd think they'd still respect the talent a bit more. Still, there are a few secure, well-paid QA spots out there.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lurdiak posted:

QA isn't a bad gig, but man is it a bad field to work in. Humongous employee turnover, almost no advancement, they'll drop ya before the legally required pay raise... I know that it's the kind of grunt work you can make up for lack of skill and experience with sheer number of employees, but poo poo, you'd think they'd still respect the talent a bit more. Still, there are a few secure, well-paid QA spots out there.

Exactly and the one I interviewed for is basically for perm. So yeah, really hoping I got this one.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shindragon posted:

Exactly and the one I interviewed for is basically for perm. So yeah, really hoping I got this one.

We're all rooting for you :)

Try to get a union started too, the industry needs 'em

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, suddenly a patch for Dying Light, I hope it fixes the skill that supposedly stops you from using up a repair slot but works 0.000001% of the time.
Jesus 7.5 gb

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are the old Thief games worth playing?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

thief 1 & 2 own. deadly shadows has some wonky bits but is also pretty cool

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jay Rust posted:

I still think so. It's just a very stealthy game so combat isn't really the strong suit of the game :v:

Also I didn't get the gig I just got an email back oh well

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

100% yes. Thief 1 is good, 2 is great. You should play both. The graphics probably haven't aged well, but those games shined in the level design, which is timeless.

Each level had multiple paths to success and increasing the difficulty adds objectives and such. It's good poo poo.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The important part about Thief is the stealth system which was pretty much never replicated in any other game besides Chaos Theory.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am very confused when steam workshop downloads subscribed content to a game I do not have currently installed.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jay Rust posted:

Try to get a union started too, the industry needs 'em

don't actually do this if you don't want to get poo poo canned immediately

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's also extremely difficult to unionize in a high-turnover job. There is no leverage you can use to organize. They don't give a poo poo if you leave, and it's a low-enough-skill job that they can just replace people.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hey, if fast food workers managed a nationwide strike...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Hey, if fast food workers managed a nationwide strike...
Oh yeah, tell me about all the important concessions they won, such as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh yeah, tell me about all the important concessions they won, such as

your mom

• Locked thread