Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Support Lulu is really, really good into Zed, Rengar, Mr. Yi and Udyr and kinda poo poo tier otherwise. It sucks that she won't ever be able to be a really strong pick because Riot hasn't figured out how to properly balance supports and solo laners.

e: the solution is as easy as 'glitterlance does reduced damage to minions' but they are too stupid to do it

Firebert fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Gridlocked posted:

If Sexpansion, being a MTG thread poster, watches Marshal stream I am sure he will appreciate me telling telling their J4 to youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5d9BrLN5K4 after I took his blue at the start of the game.

I haven't played MTG since 1995 when I won a tournament by beating Stephen Menendian's Weiss-deck with a hand/land destruction deck with juzam djinns, moxes, and a lotus, so it's probably someone else with a quikshot avatar :)

e: I do approve of any use of PTA on principle.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 4, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sexpansion posted:

I haven't played MTG since 1995 when I won a tournament by beating Stephen Menendian's Weiss-deck with a hand/land destruction deck with juzam djinns, moxes, and a lotus, so it's probably someone else with a quikshot avatar :)

Sorry I must have confused you for someone else.

Edit: Rabidsquid! Dono why I confused you two.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sexpansion posted:

I remember circa 2003-2004 I won some local draft tournament. The thing is, I ran shade's breath which everyone told me was poo poo, and I should not run it. One dude was so angry he called me Shade's Breath every time he saw me from that point on until I moved on to college later in the summer.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

AHH FUGH posted:

bitch I use gyazo

who doesn't aint no way i'm saving that cancer to my HDD you should be shot for even suggesting it

millenial :rolleyes: :regd2004:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Gridlocked posted:

Sorry I must have confused you for someone else.

Edit: Rabidsquid! Dono why I confused you two.

No problem, I should really change my avatar now, it's confusing. I'm just not sure what to change it to.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Turns out top Morg makes Darius absolutely miserable

too bad their Yi farmed 12 kills off my team while I was shoving his rear end under tower :(

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sololane Morg really is incredible right now, even if you lose lane which I do all the time because I'm a scrub you shove so hard and contribute so much to poke/seige/pre-fight bullshit and if you ever land a big ult you basically win the entire teamfight yourself.

tl;dr play Morgana mid or even top right the gently caress now.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How Rude posted:

flipswitch my friend you are playing two of the best midlaners in the game atm, Morgana especially gives 0 fucks about any matchup and big-old damage AoE ults are super hot now with all the AoE - CC tanks getting played in solo queue

it is a wild time for Morgana mains to be alive
Awesome. Not sure I remember how to play after 4 months or so of not touching the game. Cc tanks? How is my bae Sejuani these days? I see she has a snazzy new skin that I won't use over Soviet Boar.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Flipswitch posted:

Awesome. Not sure I remember how to play after 4 months or so of not touching the game. Cc tanks? How is my bae Sejuani these days? I see she has a snazzy new skin that I won't use over Soviet Boar.

she is just kind of ok but right now its Nautilus Top/Support, Malphite Top, etc. that are really strong right now. Shyvana and Udyr are also utter shitlers in the Jungle at the moment so you have tanky dicks with lots of CC running around doing a million base damage so picking Sej is a little scary if the enemy gets Shyv or Udyr.

multiple ADC comps are also very popular which is probably part of the reason high base damage tanks/bruisers have such high winrates.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sexpansion posted:

No problem, I should really change my avatar now, it's confusing. I'm just not sure what to change it to.

Too many minutes in gimp at 2am:

Edit: now with clickable sound backing

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 4, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How Rude posted:

she is just kind of ok but right now its Nautilus Top/Support, Malphite Top, etc. that are really strong right now. Shyvana and Udyr are also utter shitlers in the Jungle at the moment so you have tanky dicks with lots of CC running around doing a million base damage so picking Sej is a little scary if the enemy gets Shyv or Udyr.

multiple ADC comps are also very popular which is probably part of the reason high base damage tanks/bruisers have such high winrates.

I love the people that will ban Malphite and then pick something dumb like Jhin mid.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

The Shortest Path posted:

I love the people that will ban Malphite and then pick something dumb like Jhin mid.

A lot of people ban out Malphite specifically because they want to play some really sub-optimal heavy AD laner regardless of enemy draft.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Turns out top Morg makes Darius absolutely miserable

too bad their Yi farmed 12 kills off my team while I was shoving his rear end under tower :(

I feel like Morg vs Darius should be a farm lane where Morg gets more CS, honestly. Darius has absolutely no kill pressure since you can E the pull and his slows, but he should be able to just punch waves and use Q range to force Morgana to be far enough away that her Q should be easy to dodge.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I feel like Morg vs Darius should be a farm lane where Morg gets more CS, honestly. Darius has absolutely no kill pressure since you can E the pull and his slows, but he should be able to just punch waves and use Q range to force Morgana to be far enough away that her Q should be easy to dodge.

Pretty much. Morg shouldn't be able to kill Darius in that lane unless the jungler ganks or Darius severely misplays. That said, Morg will obviously win the laning phase pretty easily by constantly pushing Darius under tower.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
When will I be able to play the elusive Top Kek

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
If you have a Morg toplane on your team vs. an immobile toplaner like Darius you should camp that motherfucker if he even thinks about moving past the middle of toplane.

nothing is more annoying than a jungler that keeps repeat failganking botlane when there is a juicy immobile toplaner to destroy.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Libertine posted:

A lot of people ban out Malphite specifically because they want to play some really sub-optimal heavy AD laner regardless of enemy draft.

That's what I mean, yeah. It's a good sign to play something underpicked that still wrecks their poo poo, like support Taric or a jungler that can slap on 400 armor without caring too much.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

There are still some strong anti-AD champs but Malphites aspeed slow is the most obnoxious poo poo to play against

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

rabidsquid posted:

There are still some strong anti-AD champs but Malphites aspeed slow is the most obnoxious poo poo to play against

his ultimate is also probably one of the best teamfighting abilities in the game hands down and utterly foolproof to use correctly.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

How Rude posted:

his ultimate is also probably one of the best teamfighting abilities in the game hands down and utterly foolproof to use correctly.
http://i.imgur.com/95Ma3DC.webm

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

RealFoxy posted:

There was one okay girl in Sirens and I felt so bad for her for having have been apart of that mess.

Yoonie?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

I want to weeb out with Japan already.

assuming you have a working existing install,
swap to japan in patcher
alt+f4 immediately
c:\riot games\league of legends\rads\system\locale.cfg
change that to =en_us (if you NA) or en_gb (if you EU) or en_au (if you OCE)

relaunch patcher. it will be in english and it should finish patching in about 5 seconds

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Considering how she claimed alittlejenny wasn't a complete bitch and was misunderstood, I doubt it

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Libertine posted:

I just don't wanna deal with an ultra tanky super good initiator that has pretty comfortable match ups toplane honestly

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Servaetes posted:

I just don't wanna deal with an ultra tanky super good initiator that has pretty comfortable match ups toplane honestly

On this patch though that definition can apply to Nautilus, Malphite, Shen, Poppy, and Rammus. Obviously people's champion pools are rarely all of those things, but those things are certainly never all banned. Malphite is just the most obvious one to people who really want to Top Lane Yasuo.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Kayle is love.
Kayle is life.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
that site told me my AP Zac game where I did awful and was mindlessly carried by our MF was masters-tier. Man, being good at League seems so easy when everyone else on the team wins hard

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

What is that website? Also does any website exist that shows the old stats that carry.gg did, I know one popped up for awhile but closed down already

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

What is that website? Also does any website exist that shows the old stats that carry.gg did, I know one popped up for awhile but closed down already

triumph.gg but it kinda sucks, imo

I still want to know what that site is that someone screencapped that showed winrate by time of day! That one seems great!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That someone is Biowarfare so it's probably some sort of wizardry that only he has access to.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
gently caress

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

kingcobweb posted:

triumph.gg but it kinda sucks, imo

I still want to know what that site is that someone screencapped that showed winrate by time of day! That one seems great!

Do you remember what those stats said? I seem to get people who are much more chilled, and much more wins during mid morning compared to evenings, and I'm wondering if there's some weight behind that or if it's just confirmation bias.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

kingcobweb posted:

that site told me my AP Zac game where I did awful and was mindlessly carried by our MF was masters-tier. Man, being good at League seems so easy when everyone else on the team wins hard

They recently reworked the algorithm so it makes a bit more sense and doesn't automatically place you in master/challenger tier. I was originally getting placed in Diamond I ranking consistently, now it is placing me in Platinum. Still gives you a good overall idea of metrics in the games you play, although sometimes it really punishes you for doing certain things, like support getting CS.

Etrips fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 4, 2016

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

I've been learning top lane this season, and it's generally been a lot of fun. However, I really have no idea how to handle a strong ganking jungler getting up in my business. The thought is that I simply hang back near the turret and farm, but that feels like it puts my opponent too far ahead and I ultimately end up losing a lot of farm. It's made a little worse by playing Illaoi who needs to bully early, but still.

Any particular recommendations?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Ward. A lot. Have map awareness. See the enemy jungler in bot lane? You can be a little bit more aggressive.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

wodin posted:

I've been learning top lane this season, and it's generally been a lot of fun. However, I really have no idea how to handle a strong ganking jungler getting up in my business. The thought is that I simply hang back near the turret and farm, but that feels like it puts my opponent too far ahead and I ultimately end up losing a lot of farm. It's made a little worse by playing Illaoi who needs to bully early, but still.

Any particular recommendations?

Missing CS to avoid ganks is fine, just try to stay in XP range of the dying creeps or you will really get punished hard.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Azzents posted:

Do you remember what those stats said? I seem to get people who are much more chilled, and much more wins during mid morning compared to evenings, and I'm wondering if there's some weight behind that or if it's just confirmation bias.

Kids are in school. It's my experience too.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Firebert posted:

Missing CS to avoid ganks is fine, just try to stay in XP range of the dying creeps or you will really get punished hard.

Yeah but also if you let the enemy laner push too hard for free you become very easily divable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Suck it up and let him try and gank you top lane over and over and over. Your team should have the freedom to do stuff. Absorbing ganks top lane and surviving because you picked some real poo poo heel champion that is insufferably hard to kill or deal with at all is the purest essence of top lane.

• Locked thread