Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Crap all I play is ranked and casual matches and training mode. Survival is boring as hell and I could care less about a story

I think im hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
predicting EVIL GUILE

he throws sonic booms at 45 degree angles toward the ceiling and they bounce off the top of the screen at another 45 degree angle. EX boom has low recovery but is 45-degree angle into the ground and it dies when it hits the ground

flashkick is a QCF motion but the hitbox is only behind and not in front

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm willing to bet that Akuma, Sagat and Sakura will be in Season 2. And the other 3 will probably be out of the blue obscure characters. I'm hoping for Q, Rolento, Sodom, Dee Jay or Mike Motherfucking Haggar.

I'd be surprised if we get Akuma or Sakura in season 2 considering there's a fair few more unique characters they could add before putting more shotoclones, but Sagat seems likely.

I'm hoping season 2 has Makoto, plus a few out of Fei Long, Crimson Viper, Eagle, Gen, Rufus, Dee Jay, Rose, Blanka and Dudley.

If they did something like Fei Long, Crimson Viper, Eagle, Gen, Makoto, Rose, that would be a pretty even split between SF1/SF2/Alpha/SF3/SF4.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Madcosby posted:

Crap all I play is ranked and casual matches and training mode. Survival is boring as hell and I could care less about a story

I think im hosed

Story mode takes literally 2 minutes per character to complete

Survival is longer (I'd say 7 and 20 minutes for easy and normal respectively), but you don't really need your full attention to do those anyway

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

Hmm. Based on those silhouettes they look like they're wearing the premium costumes instead of their normal gear.

Well the Balrog one matches up with his appearance in Bison's story

Those three shadaloo people that have unique outfits are probably future characters or something idk

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

inthesto posted:

Story mode takes literally 2 minutes per character to complete

Survival is longer (I'd say 7 and 20 minutes for easy and normal respectively), but you don't really need your full attention to do those anyway

cool... ill prob run through story mode with each character. The problem with survival mode is that people figured it out in this thread that jump kick sweep is super effective until the magic moment the ai decides to kick in... and you spend more time on loading screens than actual gameplay.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Oh and I haven't bothered with "low spec" mode on pc. Does that lower any loading times? My computer runs fine on regular start up, so I havent pushed it.

edit: haha wow story mode literally takes 2 minutes! I thought that was an exaggeration!

Madcosby fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 4, 2016

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Boxer is going to have some flappy robe physics.

angel opportunity posted:

predicting EVIL GUILE

he throws sonic booms at 45 degree angles toward the ceiling and they bounce off the top of the screen at another 45 degree angle. EX boom has low recovery but is 45-degree angle into the ground and it dies when it hits the ground

flashkick is a QCF motion but the hitbox is only behind and not in front

Evil Guile Sonic Boom: charge ->, <- P

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Madcosby posted:

cool... ill prob run through story mode with each character. The problem with survival mode is that people figured it out in this thread that jump kick sweep is super effective until the magic moment the ai decides to kick in... and you spend more time on loading screens than actual gameplay.

Easy is only 10 matches and you'd have to be literally comatose to not be able to complete it

Normal is 30 matches, and frankly the AI isn't actually that hard so much as your brain is probably in autopilot when the AI decides to start doing things.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

Those three shadaloo people that have unique outfits are probably future characters or something idk

I want all the uniform grunts as DLC TBH

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm pretty sure they're just dolls

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I would play pink hair lady and also buy a pillow with her on it.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'd be surprised if we get Akuma or Sakura in season 2 considering there's a fair few more unique characters they could add before putting more shotoclones, but Sagat seems likely.

I'm hoping season 2 has Makoto, plus a few out of Fei Long, Crimson Viper, Eagle, Gen, Rufus, Dee Jay, Rose, Blanka and Dudley.

If they did something like Fei Long, Crimson Viper, Eagle, Gen, Makoto, Rose, that would be a pretty even split between SF1/SF2/Alpha/SF3/SF4.

I dunno. Akuma and Sakura are extremely popular and Sakura is so different from Ryu and Ken I hardly even consider her a shoto clone. Dan is the guy we aren't gonna get.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

inthesto posted:

Easy is only 10 matches and you'd have to be literally comatose to not be able to complete it

Normal is 30 matches, and frankly the AI isn't actually that hard so much as your brain is probably in autopilot when the AI decides to start doing things.

Yeah I got to the last fight, who was bison, and bison is my kryptonite anyway, and he suddenly went nuts and hosed me up and I felt incredibly sad that I'd wasted 20 minutes only to get squashed by my nemesis.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hard survival is the point where it gets whacky, particularly in the late 30's and the 40's in general. There's some stages where the AI will suddenly crank to 11 and catch you with your pants down after the past dozen brainless fights. Do what Max and pretty much every other sane person has done, turn on the fight request thing and set it to manual accept, if you get one of those "By the way we're real now" fights and it's going bad, just take the match and when you come back you get a free do-over of the stage.

Please no, at least not until we're scraping the bottom of the barrel in a couple years.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 4, 2016

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I figure the next batch of characters would just be the cameos from story mode not already added, which included Viper, Oro, and Decapre.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I think they said one character per month but I might be making that up

Also there's not really anything to base this on but you could maybe assume the characters are coming in the order in this picture

This is equally unsubstantiated but there are also rumors that Balrog is after Alex.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Booyah- posted:

This is equally unsubstantiated but there are also rumors that Balrog is after Alex.

Is there anything more than a PR rep saying that he's played Balrog at Capcom HQ then people assuming Balrog must be the first second DLC character?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I wish they would just give cammy a decapre skin, I think it's a cool design. I also wish they would make a grown-up sakura that's trying to do the same kung-fu hobo routine like ryu, but this is being made by a japanese company so I'm sure she'll be dressed like a schoolgirl well into her 30's.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I thought I just had: you know, they could make Akuma play more like Oni to distance him from Ryu and Ken more.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I bet someone beat me to this

Has there been any word on brand spanking new characters as DLC?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Dracula Factory posted:

I wish they would just give cammy a decapre skin, I think it's a cool design. I also wish they would make a grown-up sakura that's trying to do the same kung-fu hobo routine like ryu, but this is being made by a japanese company so I'm sure she'll be dressed like a schoolgirl well into her 30's.

I think Ono has come out and said Sakura will never not be a schoolgirl. And she may not be in the game, as due the timeline she'll be grown up.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FanaticalMilk posted:

I think Ono has come out and said Sakura will never not be a schoolgirl. And she may not be in the game, as due the timeline she'll be grown up.

She's in Karin's (I think) story and still wearing the same school uniform

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

FanaticalMilk posted:

I thought this game took place between 3 and 4

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

FanaticalMilk posted:

lol if they finally brought back karin but then don't put sakura in the game as if that teamup isn't half the reason anyone ever cared about her

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
So downloaded this on my second PC and everything is there except my Survival records. Got all colours, titles and my points but no way to know which Survival things I've completed or not.

Don't get me wrong there is no way I'm repeating any survival stuff just want to know which ones I havn't done yet. Reckon this is bug or a syncing thing?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Karin is still in her school uniform so obviously neither her nor Sakura have graduated yet.

Sakura being in a seifuku is fine, but maybe she could get one that actually fits instead of wearing one that's two years too small. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 4, 2016

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I think Sakura, Akuma, and Sagat will all make it in:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/mar/29/results-capcoms-street-fighter-favorite-characters-popularity-poll/

They might get the Ken/Nash/Vega/etc treatment though

It's weird to me that Q is so popular, though. Avalanche of votes from the fedora demographic?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Q is loving epic

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

fozzy fosbourne posted:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/mar/29/results-capcoms-street-fighter-favorite-characters-popularity-poll/

It's weird to me that Q is so popular, though. Avalanche of votes from the fedora demographic?

Q was cool before neckbeards claimed the fedora for themselves

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

fozzy fosbourne posted:

He's just a cool rear end design. He's a mystery robot detective and all his animations looked super weighty and hard-hitting.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

His design seems pretty cool but he never seemed to actually be played back when 3S was in the arcades around here.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
He's a walking talking reference to an old show-'Robot Detective K'.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
He also grabs you and explodes on you. So basically,

In Training posted:

Q is loving epic

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is there a way to see how much Fight Money you have away from the PS4?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

fozzy fosbourne posted:

You're hurting his robot(?) feelings.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Yeah. I'm pretty convinced that Sakura, Akuma and Sagat will make it in, and I'm okay with them being turned into basically entirely different characters like Nash\Vega\Mika\etc.

Although Sakura, Gouken and Sean all play really differently than Ryu\Ken\Akuma\Dan\Evil Ryu to the point where I barely consider them Shoto clones.

As mentioned, Q is like Robot Detective K, plus he's like some kind of Frankenstein monster who awkwardly stomps around and grunts and grumbles. He's creepy and mysterious and nobody knows what his deal is. Who or what is he? Is he a robot? A cyborg? A big retard in a mask? What does he want? Does he work for anyone? It's probably best if they don't answer these things as that's a big part of his appeal. But it would be cool to see him again.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

For the record, I think he is p sweet. I don't want a target painted on my back by the Q community.

But it's surprising to me that he's the 10th most popular character on that poll.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah. I'm pretty convinced that Sakura, Akuma and Sagat will make it in, and I'm okay with them being turned into basically entirely different characters like Nash\Vega\Mika\etc.

Although Sakura, Gouken and Sean all play really differently than Ryu\Ken\Akuma\Dan\Evil Ryu to the point where I barely consider them Shoto clones.

As mentioned, Q is like Robot Detective K, plus he's like some kind of Frankenstein monster who awkwardly stomps around and grunts and grumbles. He's creepy and mysterious and nobody knows what his deal is. Who or what is he? What does he want? It's probably best if they don't answer these things as that's a big part of his appeal. But it would be cool to see him again.

Akuma calls him "corpse" so I'm pretty sure he knows what's going on in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

They should add a Dark Stalkers character :pray: