Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Popelmon posted:

Can I get an invite to the guild? My name is EnemyGoatSpotted.

Melek posted:

Hrm, looks like I got purged halfway through talisman. Could a kind soul reinvite me please? Character name Faralytic_Virulence.

I'll try to remember to do these when the servers go up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
:frogsiren: Patch is out! :frogsiren:

T-Minus 2 hours to league start! :sun:

Read
Dec 21, 2010

This list of starter builds for Ascendancy looks pretty good if you need some ideas (servers open in 2 hours).

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/48o6ch/only_2_days_left_till_ascendancy_and_you_still/

I can personally vouch Neversinks ranger was really good and easy to start up in Talisman, so presumably it should continue to be good in Ascendancy.

Read fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 4, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Looks like the bino's nerf was retroactive, taste of hate and vessel wasn't, so legacy version still exist in standard.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I would enjoy being invited back to the guild too. I guess I also need to find a new item filter, as well as a build to make.

:black101:

Read
Dec 21, 2010

I like this loot filter, it's updated for Ascendancy: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246208

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

zxqv8 posted:

I would enjoy being invited back to the guild too. I guess I also need to find a new item filter, as well as a build to make.

:black101:

Neversink updated his. Its a good starting point for a new league, you can make changes as needed pretty easily.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Thanks. Though I doubt I'll ever change it.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I use Antnee's item filter, which is a bit understated compared to the other popular ones.

I'd also like a guild invite on Ixjuvin after the league goes live!

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Did anyone play Reave last season? I've always wanted to try that one out but always have concerns about the gearing. Most of the builds seem to be dagger / crit / shield builds that seem like they have pretty steep gear requirements to be effective.

I'll most likely just break down and follow the ZiggyD AoE caster build. Storm Call seems cool - I will probably take the Mathil Inquisitor path since I play softcore anyway.

I always get pretty excited for new leagues. I'm really pleased about the trade changes they made but holy poo poo the backlash against that was hilarious. Not super looking forward to slogging through the campaign 3x just to get to the more fun mapping, but eh.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Read posted:

This list of starter builds for Ascendancy looks pretty good if you need some ideas (servers open in 2 hours).

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/48o6ch/only_2_days_left_till_ascendancy_and_you_still/

I can personally vouch Neversinks ranger was really good and easy to start up in Talisman, so presumably it should continue to be good in Ascendancy.
I ran with that build in Warbands and it was similarly easy and strong. It's been good for a while and is probably only better thanks to the Ascendancy classes.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

MerrMan posted:

Not super looking forward to slogging through the campaign 3x just to get to the more fun mapping, but eh.

Hey look at the bright side, you could be playing HC where you probably have to play through the campaign 6+ times

e: drillneck's are going to be 10000 chaos the first week I guarantee it

mbt fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 4, 2016

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists

Mystery Prize posted:

poedb has datamined values for Ascendancy gems up

It looks like Earthquake got super nerfed already; the aftershock used to be 80% more damage, and is now just increased :(

Neversink's filter is also updated

That's a bummer; Earthquake was looking fun. I guess it will probably still be decent? I might still try it.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

MerrMan posted:

Did anyone play Reave last season? I've always wanted to try that one out but always have concerns about the gearing. Most of the builds seem to be dagger / crit / shield builds that seem like they have pretty steep gear requirements to be effective.

I'll most likely just break down and follow the ZiggyD AoE caster build. Storm Call seems cool - I will probably take the Mathil Inquisitor path since I play softcore anyway.

I always get pretty excited for new leagues. I'm really pleased about the trade changes they made but holy poo poo the backlash against that was hilarious. Not super looking forward to slogging through the campaign 3x just to get to the more fun mapping, but eh.

I played a Reaver for a while. Very cheap to start up and level with and fun as hell, and I got to t10 maps before getting bored of it with only a few more expensive bits (Death's Hand and Abyssus) and then maybe 20-30 chaos for the rest of my gear pieces. Could easily have pushed it higher if I felt like grinding more levels.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Ixjuvin posted:

I use Antnee's item filter, which is a bit understated compared to the other popular ones.

I'd also like a guild invite on Ixjuvin after the league goes live!

That's my preferred filter too, but when I checked yesterday it hadn't been updated for 2.2; no listing for Perandus coins in it. Can't check at the moment, did it get updated?

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

regulargonzalez posted:

That's my preferred filter too, but when I checked yesterday it hadn't been updated for 2.2; no listing for Perandus coins in it. Can't check at the moment, did it get updated?

It has been updated; v. 1.96 has P-bux. Apparently the filter listing for them is just "Coin"

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

I'm not at home or I'd check myself. Does Orb of Storms trigger if you have a totem use a lightning skill inside it? If yes, any idea whether the Orb of Storms of damage counts as coming from you or from the totem? Thinking about Ancestral Bond spark totems.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Their data for Orb of Storms says "projectiles split into two". Does that mean Orb of Storms is affected by projectile modifiers? It isn't tagged as such.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Ixjuvin posted:

It has been updated; v. 1.96 has P-bux. Apparently the filter listing for them is just "Coin"

Nice, thanks. I downloaded neversink's as a backup but it's rather gaudy for my tastes

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

what is the current acceptable loot setting for goon groups? between ffa/short/permanent

Did they ever fix short's problem of having still really good items only having a 5 second window to click

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Almost everyone runs permanent allocation these days.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

I use permanent just to avoid the chance of dumb drama.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Rashomon posted:

That's a bummer; Earthquake was looking fun. I guess it will probably still be decent? I might still try it.

I think it's VERY unlikely that this nerf is real. Datamining is not always accurate and this would make Earthquake pretty bad compared to other melee skills due to the "cooldown".

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Cinara posted:

I think it's VERY unlikely that this nerf is real. Datamining is not always accurate and this would make Earthquake pretty bad compared to other melee skills due to the "cooldown".

Except we're theorycrafted a build that could get the duration down to 0.13 seconds per aftershock, without crazy investment. It might just end up being another fast attack skill (ironically enough).

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Rashomon posted:

EQ is still more damage on live servers, not increased damage. EQ build is a go.

edit: Can somebody invite me to the goon guild? In as EminaiQuake

Eminai fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 4, 2016

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Can I get an invite to the goon guild? In as BunnySlap

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Req invite in perandus sc as Lowtax

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
can someone invite dockam, looks like I got purged. thanks

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!
Anyone see any obvious improvements to this deadeye tree (online planner) (offline planner)
Warning: I'm bad at this and just trying to put together something casual that isn't locked to any particular skills or weapons. Like using both frost blades and spark.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Please invite ShadyIntent to the guild.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I guess throw me an invite too ign: vortextron

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I'm like level 23 and I found a Perandus vendor dude and he had a Tabula, which I just barely had enough coins for. Thanks game. :stare:

edit: Also, what would ya'll do about mana problems with a crit shock nova assassin thing? I can get some mana on kill from Soul Siphon, plus Assassin's Mark, but I'm anticipating mana issues on bosses or tough rares. Blasphemy+Assassin's mark and Wrath is 85% mana reserved so I can't really run a Clarity unless it was like level 3-4, which I'm not sure will be enough.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 5, 2016

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Really digging this league. Finding chests with pretty good loot in them pretty much every zone and a fun fight with a bunch of powerful mobs around it is cool. Plus occasionally finding a dude who sells you some neat poo poo is cool too.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Heya, could I get an invite. "RFeree"

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
Can I get one too on Tsuranna thanks :)

menpoop
Jul 29, 2004

Girls aren't the only ones who take dumps, you know...
Can I get one for Adart please?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Seems to be a lot of server crashing or is it just me?

Also seems to be more people on then I've seen in awhile.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hahaha, I got booted from the server and put into a queue. This owns.

Only 5k people ahead of me!

I don't think they estimated the number of people who wanted to play correctly!

Also is there anyone who can invite in the guild that plays any more?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Seems to be a lot of server crashing or is it just me?

Also seems to be more people on then I've seen in awhile.

Yeah, and lmao yes, it's apparently got more players than the 2.0 release, so probably like 3x what Talisman had on its first day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Did the server just crash?

• Locked thread