Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

63 fights remain until the end of the regular season. Presuming 8 teams go into the playoffs, the quarter finals, semifinals and finals give a further seven fights, with an eighth if there's a bronze medal bout.

So, 70-71 total. 81 fights have taken place so far, we're on the home stretch.

When do the home-team benefits come back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

When do the home-team benefits come back?

Last 3 rounds, in reverse of the first 3 rounds.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

jon joe posted:

The early investment of a steel sword was a gamble, but it'll pay off big if they make it to the playoffs. Unfortunately, even with this win, that's not very likely!

The gamble would have had higher chances of payoff if the steel weapon was a cheaper one, rather than a gargantuan sword, and if the team itself was more geared toward covering Uma's weaknesses. Also, there's not a lot of fully iron/bronze armored fighters in this tournament, so the build loses out in the meta.

I have to say, the lowering of the initial point count diversified the tournament a lot. Before that, it was best to completely skip iron, or at the very least iron armor - now iron is the mainstay and steel is mostly there for highly specialized fighters until the playoff. I'm kinda sad nobody has a Little Prick/Fed After Midnight style tiny fighter with a really loving sharp blade, though.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

jon joe posted:

Last 3 rounds, in reverse of the first 3 rounds.

Rounds 16, 17 and 18, we are currently one game into round 11. So, in 39 games' time, we get the reverse fixtures.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Does it do more damage for being made of Steel?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Godna posted:

It doesn't really do meaningfully more harm to an unarmored foe, but it does cut through iron/bronze/etc like butter so they might as well BE unarmored, as I understand it.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Godna posted:

Armor penetration is the real reason you buy it, everything else is a nice bonus. It completely ignores iron/bronze and lower tier armor most of the time (occasional glancing blow against large armored fighters can still happen once in a rare while, tho), and has a slightly better chance of doing significant damage against unarmored fighters, like severing a whole limb or cutting through the torso to reach a vital organ.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 11, Fight 2 :siren:

The Plump Helmets is on the left side of the arena.
Dory (my dad) is a female minotaur. She wields two copper spears and wears a bronze cap, leather armor, a bronze mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
James LargeSausage (Afriscipio) is a male human. He wields an iron halberd and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Josie the Bludgeonatrix (Ramc) is a female elf. She wields a copper mace and a wooden shield and wears leather armor, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Return of Panty Thief (Mr. Vile) is a male yeti. He is empty handed and wears a bronze helm, a bronze breast plate, bronze greaves, bronze gauntlets, and bronze low boots.

Two Chicks with Dicks is on the right side of the arena.
Suck & gently caress Pighead (Dirty Frank) is a female goblin. She wields a silver war hammer and wears no armor.
Bo (Haystack) is a male human. He wields a bronze short sword and a wooden shield and wears a leather cap, leather armor, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Stumpy (Mygna) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron great axe and wears a copper mail shirt.
Richard Kyanka (Lorrdernie) is a male dark gnome. He wields a bronze large dagger and wears no armor.

The Plump Helmets is a 1.05 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 9272.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 8867.00 dwarfbucks for Two Chicks with Dicks.

I don't know why people seem to like Plump Helmets. They've got a guy who sexually assaults people on their team. He steals clothes, breastplates and pants, when other people are wearing them and exposes their nude forms to the world. Frankly, I find it disgusting.

The opening salvo is completely underwhelming. James LargeSausage gets a blow against Suck and gently caress foot, but it's just a scratch. Dory's armor saves her from an instant-beheading and an arm-chopped-off.

Down bottom in a 2v1: Stumpy changes targets and chops deep into Josie's left calf, grounding the elf while Panty Thief is distracted chasing the dark gnome away. Panty Thief just can't catch the tiny gladiator, and Richard Kyanka cant get through Panty Thiefs armor.

In the 3v2 up top: Dory finally gets a strike past Suck and Fucks hammer. The goblins leg is torn, and Suck and gently caress falls to the floor.

Panty Thief hears Josie crying for help and the yeti pivots on his heel, charges Stumpy, grabs his ankle and shatters it in his huge mitts. Josie bashes her mace into Stumpy's stomach and then a few times into his head after he passes out. Josie gets the kill.

Up top Suck and gently caress manages to fight through the pain and bash James LargeSausage in the neck. The human falls to the floor paralyzed! This fight is still anyones game!

Dory stabs Suck and gently caress in the leg a second time, further loving up her movement ability. Bo leans in and stabs Dory in the mouth, sending minotaur teeth flying through the air. Dory returns the favor but aims a bit lower... Bo's neck is shattered. He fights on gamely!

Suck and gently caress, now free from Dory's poking spears, bashes James over and over.

Panty Thief mistimes a charge and sends Dory to the floor. Dory stands up and tells the huge yeti to go chase Richard Kyanka, so thats what he does.

Suck and gently caress needs a break, so she rolls away to the northeast and tries to suppress the pain with some kind of meditation technique.

Bo... Well, Bo gets chased by Dory and Josie. Dory distracts while Josie shatters his hand and Bo checks out. Before he can fall to the floor Dory sticks her spear in his neck for a second time. Okay, NOW he falls over.

Dory straddles him and stabs down. That's it for Bo.

Josie, Dory, and the paralyzed James are focused on the unmoving Suck and gently caress up top. Down south the huge yeti sees an opportunity and takes full advantage. The little dark gnome's dagger is deflected by armor, and Panty Thief catches hold of him.

Panty Thief throws Richard, the dark gnome slams into the floor and skids 5 tiles and breaks his right hand trying to stop himself. Watch bottom right, that dark gnome ends up almost dead center of the arena.

Up top Dory sends Suck and gently caress unconscious before she can get a kill for her team. Another few stabs ends Suck and gently caress's life.

Richard Kyanka stands up, holding his ruined hand close to his body. "Oh gently caress. Time out! Time out!" he screams.

Sorry little dude, it doesn't work that way. Josie pulps his leg, Dory does the same to his hand. Josie crushes his tiny head.

Kills:
Dory: 2
Josie: 2

Combat Log

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Well, that was a fun fight.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Why do people like them? The Helmets are currently out in front with 38 confirmed kills, although James Largesausage will rue missing out on overtaking Chaz Steadyfist for top spot. Dory racks up ten notches on her spear with Josie just two kills behind.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
Dang it I thought this might happen...

Just too much armor for me to do any real good since I can't upgrade my weapon.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

James' contribution to this fight was to be a large target. Go James!

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
I'm trying to think of something one could do to prevent getting folded into a suitcase-sized chunk by a Yeti, but I'm honestly drawing a blank.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Breaking toes used to be the go-to. But they somewhat fixed that.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
---------------My money!

:qqsay:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

jon joe posted:

---------------My money!

:qqsay:

Don't worry, you also bet on CRAP and suddenly for some strange reason who knows what it could be we appear to be the favorite, imagine that, even in spite of decoy badger trying to stack the bets.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bad Munki posted:

Don't worry, you also bet on CRAP and suddenly for some strange reason who knows what it could be we appear to be the favorite, imagine that, even in spite of decoy badger trying to stack the bets.

I bet on CRAP as a loser who could potentially upset, though.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

jon joe posted:

f u

same

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

jon joe posted:

I reckon the Pals have got a very good chance in this one. Not sure how they could lose, to be honest.

I'm lying. They're crap. Make me rich through giving them your ill-considered support.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 11, Fight 4 :siren:

Team Laser Explosion is on the left side of the arena.
Anthony (dasmause) is a male tigerman. He is empty handed and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Mogwai (Dark Off) is a female gremlin. She wields a copper large dagger and a silver buckler and wears no armor.
Molegrim (Maugrim) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper spear and wears a bronze helm, copper gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
Turquoise Tonic (Hihohe) is a male human. He wields a silver mace and wears an iron cap, an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.

Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow is on the right side of the arena.
Here comes Mongo! (Endorph) is a male troll. He is empty handed and wears a copper helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, copper leggings, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
ShortName (ZeeToo) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper spear and wears a bronze helm, a bronze mail shirt, a copper breast plate, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
Face (Godna) is a male troll. He wields a copper two-handed sword and wears a silver cap, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, and silver high boots.
Jakob (frankenfreak) is a male werewolf. He wields a bronze mace and wears a copper helm and leather armor.

Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow is a 1.38 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 1358.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 985.00 dwarfbucks for Team Laser Explosion.

The fighters meet with Molegrim stabbing ShortName deep in the front leg. Mogwai leaps high and chops ShortName's tongue out of his mouth. Molegrim changes targets and plants his spear in Face's leg... Face falls to the floor in pain. Molegrim is on a streak with the leg shots.

Molegrim was on a streak... Face, from the ground, swings his huge sword and takes Molegrim in the chest. The blow nearly cuts the moleman in two, and he is killed instantly.

Mongo grapples with Anthony, then tries a kick that explodes Anthony's eye. The tigerman swings his fist in retaliation and Mongo's lung is bruised.

That hurt Mongo, so Mongo grabs the tiger by the tail and throws him high into the air. Anthony slams into the floor, skids for a bit, and rises unsteadily to his feet.

Meanwhile in the melee: Mogwai gets too close to ShortName, and the moleman chops the gremlins leg deeply. Mogwai falls to the floor and rolls away from the next strike. The third strike explodes the leg into gore. Poor gremlin.

Turquoise Tonic reminds everyone he is still around and bashes Face in the head, fracturing his skull. Another blow to the foot fractures bone and the troll passes out.

Jakob comes to Face's rescue, but Turquoise breaks his wrist for daring to help his teammate. It was all a clever ruse... ShortName has snuck up behind the human and stabs him cleanly in the head. Turquoise passes out and falls at the feet of 3 gladiators.

Meanwhile: Mongo is up top surrounded by Anthony and Mogwai. Mogwai isn't mobile and can't land a solid blow so the small gremlin bites Mongo's eyelid and holds on for dear life. Anthony shakes off the cobwebs (finally not stunned from the throw a while ago) and punches Mongo twice consecutively. The first bruises bone, the second breaks his eye socket. Mongo lurches forward and gores Anthony in the chest, breaking ribs.

Turquoise is killed by Jakob who crushes his skull.

Mongo doesnt seem to need much help, but help arrives anyway.

Mogwai kicks Mongo in the face just as Jakob and ShortName land simultaneous blows on Anthony. The tigerman passes out. Mogwai kicks Mongo in the stomach, bruising his guts, and then is forced to roll away.

Jakob gets his second kill of the match, crushing Anthony's head.

Mogwai can't dodge forever, and soon enough ShortName catches him with his spear. The gremlin has been pierced clean through the chest.

Mongo gores his head into pieces.

Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow wins with a 4-0 victory.

Kills:
Face: 1
Jakob: 2
Mongo: 1

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 4, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when did my fighter become competent

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Face gets his second kill, Jakob his tenth. Jakob overtakes sn as the leading heavyweight kill-getter.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

you tried mogwai. you definitely tried your hardest.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Went about as well as I expected.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
:o Lesson learned do NOT stab Face in the leg...he takes it personally...

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Endorph posted:

when did my fighter become competent

Just in time to keep our playoff hopes alive!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

I don't know why people seem to like Plump Helmets. They've got a guy who sexually assaults people on their team. He steals clothes, breastplates and pants, when other people are wearing them and exposes their nude forms to the world. Frankly, I find it disgusting.

We are charismatic team with a good winrate and put on a good show of over-the-top violence. Every one of our gladiators is good at their job and has moments of being kicking rad.

We are very bankable.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Spermy Smurf posted:

Every pro sports team has at least one horrific sexual predator.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The joke is taking a turn toward the bad kind of creepy.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

Just in time to keep our playoff hopes alive!

You just need a way to sabotage Two Chicks and Worse Munki.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Jazzimus Prime posted:

:siren: Iunnrais, John Charity Spring, alvie, and AnoHito, you each have 72 hours to either post in this thread or visit the site, or else your fighters in the current tournament will be placed up for adoption! :siren:

:yotj:

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
It'd be nice if the match betting table was posted with each fight, or a page on the website where you can see who you bet for without spoilers as to who won. I keep forgetting who I bet on and the fights are less fun without someone to root for!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Decoy Badger posted:

It'd be nice if the match betting table was posted with each fight, or a page on the website where you can see who you bet for without spoilers as to who won. I keep forgetting who I bet on and the fights are less fun without someone to root for!

:agreed:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Losing isnt so bad if you at least get a kill, Knife.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

The fighters Uma Thurman, Jameson the Unruly, Dontellim Pike, and Tyler Durden is Hobbes are now available for adoption! In order to adopt a fighter, you must not already have a fighter currently participating in the tournament.

First come, first served. Post in the thread and specify the name of the fighter you want to claim if you want to adopt!

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
A bit late but...

It seems the only way Urist can get kills is the kill-stealing way... :ohdear:

Oh, well. The end justifies the means, right?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Jazzimus Prime posted:

The fighters Uma Thurman, Jameson the Unruly, Dontellim Pike, and Tyler Durden is Hobbes are now available for adoption! In order to adopt a fighter, you must not already have a fighter currently participating in the tournament.

First come, first served. Post in the thread and specify the name of the fighter you want to claim if you want to adopt!

All four fighters are blooded. Uma has 4 kills for A Tarantino Film, Jameson has 7 kills for Worker Cooperative, Dontellim has 2 kills for a Furry, Farmer and 2 cows, and Tyler has 2 kills for Go Big and/r Go Home.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Decoy Badger posted:

Thats not a bad idea. Jazz could probably build that into the copy/paste template that we use to start each fight.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I want Jameson the Unruly! I dig his whole vibe.

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Cathode Raymond posted:

I want Jameson the Unruly! I dig his whole vibe.

One of the two in a team most likely to make it to the playoffs. Smart.