Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Vintersorg posted:

Liberal candidate Jamie Hall was on CBC radio this morning complaining that if he gets censored then why aren't moves or newspapers having it done. That him calling his girlfriend a skank really just means jerk in their circle. And she was there too saying its ok. He won't scrub his tweets though and mentions it's just microbytes. That we won't have anymore politicians if we keep doing this.

To this I say "gently caress OFF" - this rhetoric of "I SAY IT HOW IT IS" is starting to really aggravate me. We're totally regressing as a society if this is how it's supposed to be.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/jamie-hall-interview-liberals-tweets-1.3475354

The fact that reactionary bullshit is getting louder actually means we're progressing as a society. Of course, eventually regressive views have to go away for progress to occur so the volume of their bullshit isn't a useful measure of actual progress aside from telling you that society is moving past them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Idk if you guys saying that my issues with Manitoba drivers have ever driven here. It's mind bogglingly bad, way worse than anywhere else I've driven. Manitoba drivers are their own special breed of gigantic inattentive selfish assholes.

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009

Franks Happy Place posted:

Colby Cosh is mostly a discount bin Mark Steyn, but god drat is he right in this one.

And way better than Black's latest piece. Ugh.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Health Services posted:

And way better than Black's latest piece. Ugh.

Is it just me or is Conrad starting to lose it a bit? The thesaurus is still working but the reasoning is getting worse.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I had to tell a Canada Post driver to gently caress off and blow me today. Apparently in the tiny minds of government workers, loading zones are for their use exclusively, and can be parked in backward if desired.

gently caress it, privatize everything.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Give that Canada post driver an order of Canada and increase their budget by 500 billion imo

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
CanPol: PT6A's impotent rage diary

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Trees and Squids posted:

Pretty much!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Trees and Squids posted:

Lmao he's like an extremely tepid but ideologically driven Pivo.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Lmao he's like an extremely tepid but ideologically driven Pivo.

*crosses himself, festoons garlic around canpol*

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Helsing posted:

This was the vision behind the 'Don Mills' community in Toronto. Practically speaking though it's not really feasible for a lot of white collar jobs (or poo poo like construction, or any activity not suitable for residential neighborhoods like power plants or factories), so I think we just need public transit options that mean commuting is relatively painless.

It's interesting how much our economy and priorities have shifted since a place like Don Mills was built. I have to say the green space and paths that are linked from everyone's backyard to the local school is a pretty good idea. Maybe less so during the winter, I'm not sure, but during the Spring it was nice.

Whatever the Don Mills plaza/mall has become is pretty crappy though.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

quote:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/resource-revenue-alberta-history-royalties-budgets-1.3474346?cmp=rss

Alberta resource revenue plunges to historic low

10 years ago, the province got 40% of its revenue from oil and gas. This year, it's less than 6%

NOTLEY and TRUDEAU are RUINING this GREAT province. We need to rise up and STOP the LIBERAL MEDIA AGENDA. They are ECOTERRORISTSFREE CHOICE TERRORiSTS with their CARBON TAXES.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Trudeau got presented with a headdress by the Tsuu Tina Nation today. I look forward to the disgusting racist comments from pretty much everyone.

Probably that oval office Canada Post driver especially. He seemed like a very closed-minded fellow, and he is a white male in Calgary.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

EvilJoven posted:

Idk if you guys saying that my issues with Manitoba drivers have ever driven here. It's mind bogglingly bad, way worse than anywhere else I've driven. Manitoba drivers are their own special breed of gigantic inattentive selfish assholes.

I think that the worst thing about driving in Manitoba is seeing the "Friendly Manitoba" on the license plate of everyone who swerves in front of you without signalling.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

PT6A posted:

Trudeau got presented with a headdress by the Tsuu Tina Nation today. I look forward to the disgusting racist comments from pretty much everyone.

Probably that oval office Canada Post driver especially. He seemed like a very closed-minded fellow, and he is a white male in Calgary.

Your posting has been pretty top notch lately, keep it up

:waycool:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 9, 2022

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Your posting has been pretty top notch lately, keep it up

:waycool:

Thank you! It's fueled by liquor and a constant state of nicotine withdrawal.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I am a white male in Calgary, ergo I can point out how lovely we are without fear of criticism.

Or did my use of the oval office word offend your sensibilities? I enjoy using "oval office" because, unlike "gently caress," it still produces a reaction every time. And isn't that the point of cursing?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 9, 2022

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
My favourite people are the ones who walk along single track mountain bike trails and are super douchey when you ask them to move over so you can bike past.

Like, 95% of people are like "oh sure sorry!" and I don't mind them being on the mountain bike trails because who cares really but why be super dochey about it when you're not even supposed to really be there?

Mountain bike riders tend to be the nicest though, when we take Terra on the multi-use trails and let her off leash as soon as we see a bike I always grab her collar and hold her off to the side to let them pass and get a really big thank you almost 100% of the time, when dogs are totally not supposed to be off leash in that park and I'd be like "yeah that's fair" if they yelled at me for doing it.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

PT6A posted:

I enjoy using "oval office" because I am a white male in Calgary

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
How hosed-up do you have to be to think that "gently caress" doesn't produce a loving reaction when people read/see it, like, come on. We all know it's because you're a loving pathetic Anglophile fuckface.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
getting a reaction out of idiots on the internet is the highest of noble causes.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Majuju posted:

How hosed-up do you have to be to think that "gently caress" doesn't produce a loving reaction when people read/see it, like, come on. We all know it's because you're a loving pathetic Anglophile fuckface.

Depends on context. In a business context, "gently caress" would be offensive and over the top. In everyday speech with my friends and family, "gently caress" wouldn't raise a single eyebrow so I need to say "oval office" if I want to be properly offensive and make a point. Maybe my family and social circle is abnormal, but who really gives a gently caress?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Anglophilia, like pedophilia but with fresh steaming garbage instead of children

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

PT6A posted:

Depends on context. In a business context, "gently caress" would be offensive and over the top. In everyday speech with my friends and family, "gently caress" wouldn't raise a single eyebrow so I need to say "oval office" if I want to be properly offensive and make a point. Maybe my family and social circle is abnormal, but who really gives a gently caress?

Maybe you don't loving need to be loving offensive all the loving time you loving dumb gently caress.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I need to use an incredibly derogatory slur against women, guys, don't you see? Nobody notices when I say gently caress, because I say it so much!

It's the same reason I call people niggers and kikes. Because nobody notices when I call them assholes anymore.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
This is what happens when you let white trash out of the woods and into the cities. Overcompensating with a ridiculous diction so people think he's sophisticated. On the other hand I bet he reads his own posts to himself in a cockney accent before hitting post.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Words can hurt.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

McGavin posted:

I think that the worst thing about driving in Manitoba is seeing the "Friendly Manitoba" on the license plate of everyone who swerves in front of you without signalling.

My wife got to talking about the poo poo drivers and one of her coworkers said 'Hey! It's Friendly Manitoba, not Safety Manitoba!'

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Manitoba has Winnipeg and, uhhhhhh.... that big coke can in Portage?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
World class catfish fishing

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I've never met a Winnipeger who wasn't irrationally adoring or defensive about their poo poo rear end podunk town.

we have an amazing theatre scene and the ballet!!!!

lmao

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Everything south west of Winnipeg is boring as poo poo but there's actually quite a bit to see and do in the rest of the province.

Also yes, Winnipeg does have a decent theater scene and Winnipeg Fringe is amazing.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
We're also home of the famous youtube video of that first nations guy sticking it to the man by taking a poo poo in a planter outside the TD Bank at Portage and Main.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

EvilJoven posted:

Everything south west of Winnipeg is boring as poo poo but there's actually quite a bit to see and do in the rest of the province.

Also yes, Winnipeg does have a decent theater scene and Winnipeg Fringe is amazing.

lol

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I've never met a Winnipegger. Where do they get the money to leave?

Also Winnipegger sounds like something related to pegging.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Winnipeg gave us Guy Maddin so there's that at least. Also the Winnipeg General Strike. And buses are made there.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

cowofwar posted:

I've never met a Winnipegger. Where do they get the money to leave?

Collecting empties.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
<3 the peg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Cultural Imperial posted:

Anglophilia, like pedophilia but with fresh steaming garbage instead of children

Operation Midland would suggest that both philia are one and the same.