Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
It's neat as hell that Elephant's champagne bottle has a muzzle flash IMO

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

And it hits low somehow but has a weird little puddle hurtbox too

e: guess that puddle's zato

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 4, 2016

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Jmcrofts posted:

3s does the "vulnerable hitboxes stay extended after a move stops being active" thing a lot too:

There's a big difference when in SF5 the extended hurtbox appears before and during the active frames, is almost always bigger than the hitbox, and sometimes just gets bigger after the active frames go away.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Jmcrofts posted:

Oh right, I forgot SF5 sucks, and so does 4 and 3 and alpha.

pretty much, cvs2 4 lyfe

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Chun and Bison seem to have pretty decent hit/hurt boxes

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
New update from Haunts if anyone hasn't seen it: http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/04/sfv-post-launch-status-update-vol-6

Nothing too mindblowing. Still amazing that they didn't see the quitting issue being a problem during development but it's Capcom so I shouldn't be surprised. Also, March update details next week sometime. Let's hope its a good one.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Does the bit on the ground belong to her or is it a Zato puddle?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It's Zato doing Break The Law so she can be in proximity to do close Slash without the other characters hurtbox obscuring the view.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Jmcrofts posted:

Oh right, I forgot SF5 sucks, and so does 4 and 3 and alpha.

drat its almost like sf5 being this way shouldn't have been a surprise. i mean, it sure caught ME by surprise

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It's Zato doing Break The Law so she can be in proximity to do close Slash without the other characters hurtbox obscuring the view.

Oh, of course... distance sensitive buttons

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Jesus loving christ we get it. I don't particularly enjoy the game either, but you fuckers going on and on and on and on and on about how much you hate the game is tiresome as gently caress.

Please post more dante gifs or shut the gently caress up

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Nothing wrong with this IMO

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Foodahn posted:

Jesus loving christ we get it. I don't particularly enjoy the game either, but you fuckers going on and on and on and on and on about how much you hate the game is tiresome as gently caress.

Please post more dante gifs or shut the gently caress up

Nah

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zand posted:

drat its almost like sf5 being this way shouldn't have been a surprise. i mean, it sure caught ME by surprise
yeah it's almost like you guys spent 10 months saying how lovely the game looked and then the game came out and you're still posting about how lovely it is.

i'm personally glad you guys are around just constantly posting about how lovely the game is, otherwise people who are playing the game might get the wrong idea.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Please don't tell people to stop posting about a game they decided they hated long before it was playable.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Just rename the Games forum to the the Games Shark Tank

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i think there are some people who haven't realized you guys are the cool kids who play the cool fighting games, not this mainstream poo poo for plebs. keep at it

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

Please don't tell people to stop posting about a game they decided they hated long before it was playable.

Say what you want about people itt who dislike the game, but at one point most people were loving the direction it was going in. Then beta 2 happened and lol.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Okay kim jong un silencing dissent. freakin mao zedong over here. gonna send me to the cornfield

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

What a bunch of loving nerds in here.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

cams posted:

yeah it's almost like you guys spent 10 months saying how lovely the game looked and then the game came out and you're still posting about how lovely it is.

i'm personally glad you guys are around just constantly posting about how lovely the game is, otherwise people who are playing the game might get the wrong idea.

drat they had 10 months to fix this game but actually instead made it worse in that time. lmao...

if a game series that hasnt had a good entry for the last 2 decades isnt worthy of ridicule then what is?

plus i only got like 15 posts in this 60 page thread so chill. if these monster posts actually zing that hard you need a break from computer.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
How can CapCom not have an ETA on the most basic rule of competitive online games? Quitting is a loss. Period. Every single competent game in every single genre does this.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Zand posted:

drat they had 10 months to fix this game but actually instead made it worse in that time. lmao...

if a game series that hasnt had a good entry for the last 2 decades isnt worthy of ridicule then what is?

plus i only got like 15 posts in this 60 page thread so chill. if these monster posts actually zing that hard you need a break from computer.

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. Sorry you just want to angrypost about a game you hate. Seems like a lot of effort.

I look forward to your next edgy post about how you really don't care.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Zand posted:

If you think that a game series has been complete garbage for that long then why would you even bother past a certain point, outside of some weird brokebrains obsession

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

extreme negativity is safe on block :smugbert:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Elphelt is absolutely hilarious. She basically has no hurtboxes in her legs, dress, bouquet, or gun attacks.

Xrd has plenty of extending hurtboxes too, Elphelt is just ridiculous even by GG standards.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Srice posted:

If you think that a game series has been complete garbage for that long then why would you even bother past a certain point, outside of some weird brokebrains obsession

It's because

teagone posted:

loving nerds

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

croutonZA posted:

New update from Haunts if anyone hasn't seen it: http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/04/sfv-post-launch-status-update-vol-6

Nothing too mindblowing. Still amazing that they didn't see the quitting issue being a problem during development but it's Capcom so I shouldn't be surprised. Also, March update details next week sometime. Let's hope its a good one.

Whats mindblowing to me is how they have no idea how to punish people disconnecting. 80-90% are the ones getting dealt with? So they need to use kid gloves because some people who disconnect 75% of the time may just have internet problems 20 out of 24 hours in a day? Haha, no other online game tolerates this kind of poo poo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

Whats mindblowing to me is how they have no idea how to punish people disconnecting. 80-90% are the ones getting dealt with? So they need to use kid gloves because some people who disconnect 75% of the time may just have internet problems 20 out of 24 hours in a day? Haha, no other online game tolerates this kind of poo poo

I mean KI just throws you into ragequitter hell if what I've heard from the online there is true and it's pretty silly capcom can't seem to implement that same kind of thing here, but whatever.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

croutonZA posted:

Say what you want about people itt who dislike the game, but at one point most people were loving the direction it was going in. Then beta 2 happened and lol.

All the things grumpy old man posters don't like about the game were present before beta 2

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Arzachel posted:

All the things grumpy old man posters don't like about the game were present before beta 2

think carefully about what you replied to and your statement

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

"Alright, I'm ready to start RAGEQUITHELL.EXE. Let me just look at the data here we collected this morning. Wait, 95% of the player population ragequits? That can't be right.."

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 5, 2016

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Baal posted:

I mean KI just throws you into ragequitter hell if what I've heard from the online there is true and it's pretty silly capcom can't seem to implement that same kind of thing here, but whatever.

What's worse is Capcom did this before with Marvel of all things: http://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-vs-capcom-3-rage-quitter-vs-honourless-bastard-fight/

I guess they forgot.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I figured they did it with Marvel 3, but I couldn't remember because it's been like 3 years since I touched marvel 3 online

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Q would actually work great in the SFV system. Final Destruction would be a great v-Trigger, his defense increasing taunt would be a great v-skill, and his lovely normals and lack of cancel able moves wouldn't even be below average.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not convinced Ragequitter Hell ever actually existed in marvel 3. Capcom talked about it but there were never any posts online like "I keep getting matched up with the same ragequitters over and over!". Also there's no way of actually seeing if you're in ragequitter hell and there's no indication anywhere in-game of what your or anyone else's disconnect percent is. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a bluff.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In a similar vein of thought, they probably shouldn't have mentioned any specific numbers with regards to thresholds for penalizing disconnects

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Kamikaze Raider posted:

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. Sorry you just want to angrypost about a game you hate. Seems like a lot of effort.

na im not really doing anything else its not too much effort, please don't worry about me. I wouldn't say that I don't really care.. I do care about fighting games in general, which is why I continue to follow this thread and game. the online infrastructure and pc support are two issues in this game that stand to influence future fighting games, because SF has long been a title that sets standards for the genre. so things like directinput support and dealing with ragequitters in ranked matchmaking are important issues that I like to keep up with. believe it or not, there may be more to discussing in the sf series beyond simple questions like "is the game good? do you like the game?"

Srice posted:

In addition to what I posted above, SF is a series that I have played on and off for a very long time, both casually and competitively, and I look forward to seeing how different aspects of the game develop. Sometimes, discussion on its development may involve insights into how bad the game is, because the last two decades of street fighter are dotted with terrible entries. For years now, discussion on the SF series has always had at least a partial focus on the depressing decline of the series. Even when it was the Capcom Japan developed games like SSF2, to Alpha and SFIII, a good deal of discussion was centered around how bad the games were. And now that the torch has been passed to the people behind the DBZ and Naruto fighting games, Dimps, with SF4 and SF5, the inevitable conclusion is that a healthy amount of discussion will surround how awful the series has become. This is tradition and I'm just keeping the fire burning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Kamikaze Raider posted:

dejected lol