Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

This might actually be doable since carton just released regular coffee and two variants not to long ago. People are still sitting on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer

Zam posted:

FT: Anyone care about Mocha Wednesday?

ISO: Will trade it for local beers, just don't need as much as I can acquire and would like to spread it around if people want it.

If you still have bottles available I would love one.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Did Sump just get released? Anyone have one they are willing to let go and at what cost? PM and we can work something out.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Anyone know what Jackie O's BB Dark Apparition and Vanilla Coffee BB Dark Apparition have been trading for? I'm in the Philadelphia area but since the VCBBDA is new I don't want to wildly under or over ask.

Apache
May 11, 2004

Just finished trades with Furious Lobster, Retemnav, and sterster. All great traders.

Edit, Funkybottoms is a great trade partner as well.

Apache fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 11, 2016

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
Another good goon trade!

I did a trade with sterster a while back. In the process, I forgot a bottle that wasn't an extra, and one of the bottles inside broke (I am cursed whenever I send Alpine, but that's another story). Around that time my wife had our son, we spent a week in the NICU, I was sick for 50 straight days, etc. Life poo poo. Anyway, that whole time I'd been meaning to get a "finish the trade and make up for the delay" box out to him and the entire time he was super cool and never made me feel like an arse for taking so long to get him his bottles.

So tl:dr he's a cool dude and you should trade with him. That's all.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Apache posted:

Just finished trades with Furious Lobster, Retemnav, and sterster. All great traders.

Good stuff. Quick delivery. Added some nice extras. Awesome stuff. would trade with again

wattershed posted:

Another good goon trade!

I did a trade with sterster a while back. In the process, I forgot a bottle that wasn't an extra, and one of the bottles inside broke (I am cursed whenever I send Alpine, but that's another story). Around that time my wife had our son, we spent a week in the NICU, I was sick for 50 straight days, etc. Life poo poo. Anyway, that whole time I'd been meaning to get a "finish the trade and make up for the delay" box out to him and the entire time he was super cool and never made me feel like an arse for taking so long to get him his bottles.

So tl:dr he's a cool dude and you should trade with him. That's all.

Thanks for the kind words and sorry about you being sick and everything that was going on. I was just trying to be considerate of your situation as best as possible. If you weren't a goon I would probably have come down a little harder. But you fulfilled well above what was needed and I appreciate that a lot. Will trade with again. Cheers guys!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Apache posted:

Apache is a dude worthy of a powwow

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ISO Holy Mountain stuff
FT Tired Hands mostly

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
anyone willing/able to proxy (or not getting the full allotment) for the Hammerhead Speedway/Port Wee Heavy release? straight mule with a few extra bucks or part of a larger trade

also, i posted in the main thread, but is anyone in the Hangar 24 Barrel Roll society and willing to trustee if my guy ends up moving? i'm good at thank-you boxes!

looks like this is set- thanks for the responses, dudes!

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Mar 1, 2016

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Do any of you guys trade outside of the US? I'm in the UK (Scotland) and interested in getting stuff from Grimm but had no luck at all.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I live in Burlington VT and have good access to Sip of Sunshine and Heady Topper if people are interested in stocking up on it for themselves.

I really only would care to trade for some Pliny but if people are interested, I can just start buying Heady/Sip when I see it and shipping it out. What's the going rate for Heady Topper these days anyways?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

But you already have better IPA's :sg:

While I don't know how much a 4 pack of Heady costs, here's what I do know: I haven't seen a bottle of Pliny on a shelf in years, but I recall it being $6 or 7. Pretty sure it's $5.50 if you find someone who can directly go to Russian River.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
When I was in SF last October, a few bottle shops had signs up "We get our Pliny on day ____ at ___am/pm"

Bottle Revolution in Oakland is the one I recall most vividly, but hey, alcohol.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Tumble posted:

I live in Burlington VT and have good access to Sip of Sunshine and Heady Topper if people are interested in stocking up on it for themselves.

I really only would care to trade for some Pliny but if people are interested, I can just start buying Heady/Sip when I see it and shipping it out. What's the going rate for Heady Topper these days anyways?

I'd love to get some Heady Topper or Sip of Sunshine semi regularly. I live near Tired Hands if you have any interest in their stuff or if you have any other beers you're interested other than Pliny. I would also be willing to pay for the beer + shipping + a little extra for your trouble.

air- posted:

But you already have better IPA's :sg:

While I don't know how much a 4 pack of Heady costs, here's what I do know: I haven't seen a bottle of Pliny on a shelf in years, but I recall it being $6 or 7. Pretty sure it's $5.50 if you find someone who can directly go to Russian River.

This is correct. It is $5.50 or so at the brewery and then beer stores get their shipments during the week but it sells out usually within an hour or two of hitting the shelves. The Whole Food's on 4th gets their shipments on Wednesdays I know and it is usually gone pretty fast.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Tumble posted:

Drive to Hill Farmstead and buy some saisons for me!

Apache
May 11, 2004

Tumble posted:

I'd be interested in both, more so the sip of sunshine since I've had Heady a couple of times already. I can get you anything from the Tampa area, CCB, etc.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Tumble posted:

Az dude checking in. I'd be interested in both. More so the sip but it's been a while since I've had fresh Heady. I could hook you up with $4$ Az ipas and stuff.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Enjoy being the prettiest girl at the dance, Tumble

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Let the liquor do the thinkin'
Will there be a point when Tired Hands cans are easier to get / trade for? I'm not sure how it is now but it seems like it involves waiting in lines on releases vs. just going and picking them up at the brewery. I used to be able to fairly regularly go to Tired Hands and miss that poo poo so much. I'm in NoVa/DC so maybe if some seasonal releases from our local breweries interest anyone in Philly I'd love some TH IPAs or even Hop Hands.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

nosleep posted:

Will there be a point when Tired Hands cans are easier to get / trade for? I'm not sure how it is now but it seems like it involves waiting in lines on releases vs. just going and picking them up at the brewery. I used to be able to fairly regularly go to Tired Hands and miss that poo poo so much. I'm in NoVa/DC so maybe if some seasonal releases from our local breweries interest anyone in Philly I'd love some TH IPAs or even Hop Hands.

I don't mind sending you some if you pay cost + label, I can usually make it to Tired Hands pretty easily because I work from home (so I go to most of the releases) but I'll be traveling for the next 2-3 weeks so it will be a little more difficult. There are a lot of Philadelphia locals in this thread it seems so I'm sure someone can hook you up if I can't.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The cans are still unfortunately a whole line waiting adventure mid-week, but between the Philly goons, yeah, someone should be able to hook you up. "Regulars" like HopHands and Alien Church are not selling out day of, so I think over more time it'll get much much easier.

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Awesome. Well I'm in no hurry, just would be nice to get some TH cans every so often. Next time anyone picks up cans if you remember and you're able to grab some I'd gladly pay cost and provide FedEx label, and be happy to send some stuff your way if you'd like. I'll take as many 4 packs of Hop Hands or whatever IPA they have on hand.

I also have 4 empty 32 oz Tired Hands growlers that I can fill with something here and send back. I used to go there and stock up but I have plenty of other growlers now and need to get rid of these things.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

nosleep posted:

I was at Churchkey two months ago, when they had several TH beers on tap. I ended up talking to one of the managers and he said they expected regular "shipments" in the future. No idea if that ever materialized, but if you want TH stuff while out and about, that is your place. Also, regular might mean every 4 months or something. I don't think they fill growlers though, so home enjoyment is not happening with this solution.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Anyone check out RAR brewing in MD yet? I might head over for their next release. Apparently the beer has been pretty good there.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Cbear posted:

Anyone check out RAR brewing in MD yet? I might head over for their next release. Apparently the beer has been pretty good there.

Only if you're willing to trade. (Wrong thread, yo!)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

nosleep posted:

Awesome. Well I'm in no hurry, just would be nice to get some TH cans every so often. Next time anyone picks up cans if you remember and you're able to grab some I'd gladly pay cost and provide FedEx label, and be happy to send some stuff your way if you'd like. I'll take as many 4 packs of Hop Hands or whatever IPA they have on hand.

I also have 4 empty 32 oz Tired Hands growlers that I can fill with something here and send back. I used to go there and stock up but I have plenty of other growlers now and need to get rid of these things.

Tomorrow we will be releasing cans of HopHands and Alien Church IPA. $14/four pack of HopHands and $16/four pack of Alien Church. Limit one case of each beer per person. We will begin selling at 5:00pm through the Brewer's entrance at the @fermentaria.

I can't make tomorrow, but this should be an easy get

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Alright well obviously people were going to want Heady Topper and Sip of Sunshine; I'll stock up on some when I see it around and start going down the list.

PM me in a couple of weeks if it seems like I forgot.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
FT: Shorts Batch 5000 triple IPA (bomber)
ISO: your favorite regional triple (or really heavy double) IPA!

Batch 5000 is amazing and I want to share it with someone. If you are interested in this tape let me know quickly before they are al gone.

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

a worthy uhh posted:

Tomorrow we will be releasing cans of HopHands and Alien Church IPA. $14/four pack of HopHands and $16/four pack of Alien Church. Limit one case of each beer per person. We will begin selling at 5:00pm through the Brewer's entrance at the @fermentaria.

I can't make tomorrow, but this should be an easy get

Thanks for the heads up! If anyone happens to go I'd definitely buy one or two of each.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
ISO Fresh Tree House cans, THands growlers and cans, TG IPAs, Trillium, etc. I'd like to have this stuff by Wednesday of next week if possible so I wanna do this really quick. I'm in FL.

FT: 2014 BCBS quantity, HF MC3 (would obviously want quite a bit for this), MBCP and Last Snow, futures Hunahpu 2016, locals. Talk to me.

I'm moving to Japan in three weeks and want to share some cool ipas with people here in Gainesville that would never get to try them otherwise. Message me on RB at HonusWagner or email mflesher729@gmail.com.

Daunte Vicknabb fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 4, 2016

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
I just found this thread and I happen to be someone

air- posted:

... who can directly go to Russian River.

ISO: Pale Ales like Summit Brewing Company Extra Pale Ale (or Maibock, or Great Northern Porter; I miss living in MN)

I don't know really, I am a bit sick of the >8.5% abv Triple IPA that is popular around this part of California. Make an offer for a nice malty pale ale and I'll drop by Russian River on my way home from work.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Stitecin posted:

ISO: Pale Ales like Summit Brewing Company Extra Pale Ale (or Maibock, or Great Northern Porter; I miss living in MN)

ISO: SEPA.

You are now my favorite person.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

ISO Fresh Tree House cans, THands growlers and cans, TG IPAs, Trillium, etc. I'd like to have this stuff by Wednesday of next week if possible so I wanna do this really quick. I'm in FL.

FT: 2014 BCBS quantity, HF MC3 (would obviously want quite a bit for this), MBCP and Last Snow, futures Hunahpu 2016, locals. Talk to me.

I'm moving to Japan in three weeks and want to share some cool ipas with people here in Gainesville that would never get to try them otherwise. Message me on RB at HonusWagner or email mflesher729@gmail.com.

I wish I saw this before driving home today without going to the Tired Hands can drop. I'll be at Huna Day and would gladly bring some down. If they have some left over in the morning, I'll try to run up there.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

danbanana posted:

ISO: SEPA.

You are now my favorite person.

It's definitely not that I think it's the greatest beer I've ever had but I miss drinking it with my friends at Twins games, at the lake, after softball games, etc..

I mostly posted because it's easy for me to get Pliny or Damnation or other RRB beers that people might want and I couldn't think of anything else that I want to drink and can't just go buy.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Stitecin posted:

It's definitely not that I think it's the greatest beer I've ever had but I miss drinking it with my friends at Twins games, at the lake, after softball games, etc..

I mostly posted because it's easy for me to get Pliny or Damnation or other RRB beers that people might want and I couldn't think of anything else that I want to drink and can't just go buy.

I can hook you up. Not sure how fresh it'll be but if you want a couple sixers, pm me.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
ISO this year's Firestone Walker Sucaba, 1-2 bottles. Haven't been able to find it in my area yet and I have a vertical to finish!

I don't have a ton of availability to trade at the moment, but will totally paypal you for cost+shipping!

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

ISO this year's Firestone Walker Sucaba, 1-2 bottles. Haven't been able to find it in my area yet and I have a vertical to finish!

I don't have a ton of availability to trade at the moment, but will totally paypal you for cost+shipping!

I sent you a Pm. I'd be more interested in a trade tbh.

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Thanks to Lyon for hooking me up with cans of HopHands and Alien Church. It's been too long since I've had TH beers, can't wait to dig into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Hey guys! I'm really sorry I haven't been more responsive, I just had to replace my cellphone (At full cost due to Verizon's now-extinct unlimited data plan), and now my laptop's power supply is kicking the bucket so that's gotta get replaced too.

I'll check back in a few weeks and start trading for Heady and Sip'O'Sunshine.

• Locked thread