Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The Marauder posted:

A small cycle of legendary lands would be pretty cool. They could be an obvious setup for a legendary moon manland in Eldritch Moon.

Legendary lands are super super rare these days. Lands that reference specific locations? Sure, you can have something like Grove of the Guardian or whatever. Actual Legendary Land? I think the only ones printed in a standard legal set since CSP are Eye of Ugin, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth(in M15), and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. They don't like the gameplay, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Elyv posted:

Legendary lands are super super rare these days. Lands that reference specific locations? Sure, you can have something like Grove of the Guardian or whatever. Actual Legendary Land? I think the only ones printed in a standard legal set since CSP are Eye of Ugin, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth(in M15), and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. They don't like the gameplay, iirc.

Give it Grandeur.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Legendary is a bad mechanic so I guess they mostly don't use it unless forced to (eg by EDH or the story).

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

A lot of legendary cards dont feel legendary, actually.

Yasova Dragonclaw could've been literally anybody.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I just noticed Shadows is having Werewolves come back; but didn't Avacyn remove all the werewolves in AVR and turn them into the ones that can't transform?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There were only 2 wolfir in AVR so it doesn't seem too hard to just say "it didn't work".

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Count Bleck posted:

A lot of legendary cards dont feel legendary, actually.

Yasova Dragonclaw could've been literally anybody.

A Japanese pro (I believe Shuhei Nakamura?) lost a game in an IRL Vintage Masters draft because he didn't realize "Radiant, Archangel" was a legendary creature.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Awwww Paul has the new baby on stream and its so cute.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Gridlocked posted:

I just noticed Shadows is having Werewolves come back; but didn't Avacyn remove all the werewolves in AVR and turn them into the ones that can't transform?

It was voluntary and not that many werefolks wanted to change.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 5, 2016

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I want to pair that new BB bear up with nykthos.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mfcrocker posted:

I want to pair that new BB bear up with nykthos.

If only we had a Modern Legal Zombie Lord we could just play Zombies with Vials and poo poo.

..Do we have a zombie lord?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Count Bleck posted:

If only we had a Modern Legal Zombie Lord we could just play Zombies with Vials and poo poo.

Several, unfortunately they're all 3 mana instead of 2 mana like Merfolk's.

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?

mfcrocker posted:

I'm judging the Birmingham event :)

Also Bologna this weekend :dance:

Nice! I'll shout when my opponent needs a slow play warning. I will also have a TARDIS deck box so say hi!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Count Bleck posted:

Yeah the one from alara block was loving tight and a $10 edh card already BC zombies

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Niton posted:

A Japanese pro (I believe Shuhei Nakamura?) lost a game in an IRL Vintage Masters draft because he didn't realize "Radiant, Archangel" was a legendary creature.

To be fair, Radiant Archangel sounds like a non-legendary card. They should have named it Radiant, Archangel Enraged.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Gridlocked posted:

Awwww Paul has the new baby on stream and its so cute.

How long did it take for him to ignore this new child

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Foreskin Problems posted:

How long did it take for him to ignore this new child

He may have been playing MODO with one had while holding the child for 5min before putting it back down again.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Art of card we heard about.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
rip window

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

This has been the best flavor text in awhile. And the art is looking much better.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

Oh poo poo.

That's the Delver of Secrets, he finally finished his work!

:catdrugs:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Both sequels to Delver and Endless Ranks of the Dead have the same artist as the original. That's cute

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Cute. Nice that the front side isn't completely awful too.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Cute. Nice that the front side isn't completely awful too.

I mean, the front side is the Snapping Drake of the set

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Milling is likely to be a pretty big upside too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

This isn't even my final fo-oh wait yes it is

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Should cost 1 less, everything else about it is perfect

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

GeneX posted:

Should cost 1 less, everything else about it is perfect

It would probably be too good at 3 mana

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Had a record low FNM turnout this week with 7 players (and the store owner for 8). Seems a lot of people are burned out on this Standard environment.

And I don't blame them. Everyone but myself were playing 4 color monstrosities with 16 fetches and just "Good Stuff" crammed in to the same mess. Take a guess at which deck one, WRUG CoCo, WRBU Aggro, UBWG Control, or BWGR Combo? The answer is it doesn't matter, it was all dumb.

I, on the other hand, played Mono U Eldrazi Aggro and had a blast. A shame it loses a lynch pin in Ghostfire Blade at rotation. I don't think nonbasic lands have ever been as essential to a strategy as they were in my game tonight - between tomb of the spirit dragon and foundry of consuls they were MVPs next to Ghostfire Blade and Dimensional Infiltrator.

Others can lament their mana bases as much as they want, I long for the days where 1- and 2-color decks reign supreme again!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

At uncommon definitely. 2U for a 3/2 flyer would historically need a drawback.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
If anyone wants to try out one of the worst Limited formats behind AVR, check out the CBS flashback draft!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

At uncommon definitely. 2U for a 3/2 flyer would historically need a drawback.

make it a rare

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
There are exactly 2 3/2 fliers for 3 cmc that don't have a drawback.

Sedraxis Specter, which costs URB and Wasp Lancer, which costs U/B U/B U/B.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Angry Grimace posted:

There are exactly 2 3/2 fliers for 3 cmc that don't have a drawback.

Sedraxis Specter, which costs URB and Wasp Lancer, which costs U/B U/B U/B.

More recently they've printed 3/3 fliers (with haste and vigilance) as well (Mantis Rider, RWU).

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Count Bleck posted:

Oh poo poo.

That's the Delver of Secrets, he finally finished his work!

:catdrugs:

He's not a human post-transformation. This set looks awesome.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Option 4: make it a 5 mana 6/3 or whatever so it "feels mythic", thus completely changing the function of the card

Option 5: eliminate mythic rarity altogether for non-planeswalkers. Even better, gently caress planeswalkers too. :getin:

Yes, I know this is stupid and will never ever ever happen. Let me dream.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

This isn't even my final fo-oh wait yes it is

Are we just going to ignore that Delver of Secrets is Cell?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

suicidesteve posted:

He's not a human post-transformation. This set looks awesome.

Pretty sure it's him, yo.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Count Bleck posted:

Undead Warchief is Modern Legal.

Here is every card that references "Zombie creatures" in Modern. There are several Lords to choose from, but yeah, they all cost 3 or more.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Count Bleck posted:

Pretty sure it's him, yo.

He's not saying it isn't, he's pointing out that he's abandoned his humanity completely in his final form.

• Locked thread