Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gdi Oracle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Maybe the Oracle was just sad that she had to make the entrance for nothing. Anyone ever think about how hard it is on her?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Good job saving the world, Bunny Einstein

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ha, that was the headmaster of the school Cucumber wanted to go to, and also the guy he was fanboying about at some times. (A QA session maybe)

Also Oracle being shifty as always.

Edit: Didn't the Oracle create the Dreamsword? I wonder if she gets something out of the Nightmare Knight's defeats with the "sword of legend"

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 3, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Maybe the Oracle was just sad that she had to make the entrance for nothing. Anyone ever think about how hard it is on her?

It's often much harder on the Oracle than on the Hero.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I'm also slightly disappointed in Almond again. At this point I think she would be over the whole "who cares" when it comes it getting to the bottom of this situation.

So...what sort of cold based disaster will befall the Skybus? Storm, Blizzard?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aside from the obvious questionable reaction of the oracle, and the involvement of the principal, I'm most curious about the Grizzlygum namedrop

Does he know more than he let on??

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I'm also slightly disappointed in Almond again. At this point I think she would be over the whole "who cares" when it comes it getting to the bottom of this situation.

So...what sort of cold based disaster will befall the Skybus? Storm, Blizzard?

Honestly she's probably still shaken from what happened with Rose master.

Also cold based disaster will obviously be thunder snow.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The last two DM fights were kinda brutal on Almond, in both the trouncing sense and the fact she didn't have anything to do with things turning out alright. We seem to be heading to wizard school too so being In magic nerd land is probably gonna suck for her.

I imagine Almonds going to have a steep down turn in the next arc that she won't pull out of until the crystal kingdom.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I haven't given up on the whole "hero/NK conflict needs to happen or else bad things beyond NK & co" theory.

Also the bus runs on Cosmo's experimental cold fusion reactor! There are just a few little kinks to work out. Namely the freezing to death.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

IMJack posted:

I haven't given up on the whole "hero/NK conflict needs to happen or else bad things beyond NK & co" theory.

Well Almond and the Nightmare Knight can duke it out for a while. In the meantime, Cucumber will solve the REAL problem in the background/backroom and then he becomes a terrible darklord himself.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's cold because they're going to space

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Oracle has the Joestar birthmark

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Regy Rusty posted:

Aside from the obvious questionable reaction of the oracle, and the involvement of the principal, I'm most curious about the Grizzlygum namedrop

Does he know more than he let on??

Grizzlygum was the guardian of the Oracle's forest, so basically Chardonnay was gonna tell him he doesn't need to get warmed up to do the whole hero test thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Raserys posted:

Oracle has the Joestar birthmark

Nightmare Knight....you're watching me, aren't you?

Those who know the secret of my sword must DIE!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Oracle has the hots for NK, looks like that fanfic was right.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

life_source posted:

Well Almond and the Nightmare Knight can duke it out for a while. In the meantime, Cucumber will solve the REAL problem in the background/backroom and then he becomes a terrible darklord himself.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Nightmare Cucumber is definitely not off the table as a possible end game to this story.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

graybook posted:

It's often much harder on the Oracle than on the Hero.

I'm not letting this post go unappreciated.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Archenteron posted:

Grizzlygum was the guardian of the Oracle's forest, so basically Chardonnay was gonna tell him he doesn't need to get warmed up to do the whole hero test thing.

Thanks, I'd completely forgotten that guy even existed.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Renaissance Robot posted:

Thanks, I'd completely forgotten that guy even existed.

Cucumber Quest Thread: I totally forgot he existed.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

She seems more bummed out than simple disinterest here. That's at least Grade B+ levels of unhappiness right there.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

life_source posted:

Well Almond and the Nightmare Knight can duke it out for a while. In the meantime, Cucumber will solve the REAL problem in the background/backroom and then he becomes a terrible dorklord himself.
ftfy

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Same about the Oracle, she doesn't have the "drat it they foiled my evil plan!" villain look, just kinda disappointed.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Popo posted:

She seems more bummed out than simple disinterest here. That's at least Grade B+ levels of unhappiness right there.

Ya, after people pointed it out, she's probably just depressed and disillusioned at this point. More believable character arc this way really.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

Caidin posted:

The last two DM fights were kinda brutal on Almond, in both the trouncing sense and the fact she didn't have anything to do with things turning out alright. We seem to be heading to wizard school too so being In magic nerd land is probably gonna suck for her.

I imagine Almonds going to have a steep down turn in the next arc that she won't pull out of until the crystal kingdom.

IIRC Crystal Kingdom arc is next, then wizard school. It seems like we're starting to wrap up the interlude so not sure how much time is left for this to happen the way you say. Depending on how things go in the Crystal Kingdom I can easily see her more amused by a country of Cucumbers than anything else.

Ya, after people pointed it out, she's probably just depressed and disillusioned at this point. More believable character arc this way really.

I think it was a fairly predictable character arc and really the only way to give Almond more depth. Doesn't make it any less interesting to read of course!

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Nightmare Cucumber is definitely not off the table as a possible end game to this story.

Cucumber has to take over scaring people?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Update! But the comic looks different for some reason

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Jazu posted:

Cucumber has to take over scaring people?

Cucumber takes inspiration from Giant Dad?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Update! But the comic looks different for some reason

This is a very odd take on Harry Potter.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

<- Very Concerned Gay Lion

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Lou's Whatever sounds like a good name for a restaurant.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
You know, it seems like what the oracle is sad about is the lack of Nightmare Knight. I wonder if she has some personal connection to him like his underlings do.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Yes indeed there seem to be many Tumblrite hacks eager to cash in on Cucumber Quest's style. One webcomic went as far as to rip off the style of character profiles.

HMS Beagle posted:

<- Very Concerned Gay Lion

The red-haired dude trasnsitions to become Huge Lesbo

Really:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Why are you reading the bad ripoff?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Yes indeed there seem to be many Tumblrite hacks eager to cash in on Cucumber Quest's style. One webcomic went as far as to rip off the style of character profiles.

Popular property gets knock-offs. Film at eleven.

Or a more polite way to put it: Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

It's almost as if media can have an effect on the consumers of that media. Huh.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I don't get what this has to do with CQ apart from also containing bunnymans

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Renaissance Robot posted:

I don't get what this has to do with CQ apart from also containing bunnymans

Bunny people, lesbian witch, jerk dad. It's basically the same comic.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
[holds up a crayon picture of bunny-people drawn by some three-year-old] lmao guys check out this piece of poo poo cucumber quest ripoff I found. whoever drew this is a huge loving human being am I right. owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Okay so botl is just being weird about tumblr again, cool