Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

I rolled a STR Broly the last time he was around and would like to try to grind up medals to Dokkan him, I've got 4 cards with Blazing Battle and two of those have the passive that breaks Rampage too. Is that going to be enough? I heard he was a pain in the rear end last time, dunno if my AGI team will be able to cut it.

You need two AGL Burning Battle cards (R Trunks + anyone else is enough) for block duty and a hard hitter to do damage - Kaioken Goku is perfect, AGL Adult SSJ Gohan or SSG Goku are ok too. Take one card to feed the hard hitter with Ki (SSJ2 AGL Gohan, Pikkon for Shocking Speed link), a +HP/ATK leader (or Kid Buu) and fill the rest with random Burning Battle cards, so you have 3 blockers most of the time.
Broly only attacks every 2nd round, you need both AGL blockers on that turn and keep your hard hitter + Ki support on the other turn. Never put any of those in the 3rd place during a turn for any reason so they stay together.
Take Senzu Bean/Dende/Ox King/Ghost Usher and you're good to go.

You could also post your box, that would make specific team building a bit easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Got that for my 30 roll. Not bad at all.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Decided to go for the discount roll since I had nothing to lose and well.

Th-Thanks game...these cards look pretty good.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm sure everyone else knew this, but General Blue is hilarious. Does absolute jack poo poo for damage, but a 2 turn stun is nuts. I just had a Strike Piccolo fight where he didn't even get to act between Blue and Turles. Cell's going to be a slog, but pretty straightforward.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Decided to go for the discount roll since I had nothing to lose and well.

Th-Thanks game...these cards look pretty good.

Congrats on your 3 SSRs (PHY Goku Z-Awakens to SSG Goku).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hey, neat. Just got Turles and Majuub in a pull. I mean, I was hoping for Vegito, but it's hard to complain about the first global +3 ki leader and a 6th Majin card. Turles is SA4 now, so maybe he'll actually start doing damage with Hell Driver. :v:

Actually, could use some team building advice. My STR team has a lot of strong candidates, but I'm not sure what the best combo is. Right now I'm running Broly, Evil Buu, Family SSJ Goku and Goten, an SA10 Max Power Roshi, and an SA10 Saiyan Among Us Goku. Among my options are SSJ2 Vegeta, SSGSS Vegeta, Super Trunks, and Majuub.

I feel like Goku can go and SSJ2 Vegeta can come in without breaking up the Kamehameha party too much, but Max Power Roshi is a different story. Any thoughts?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 5, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Hey, neat. Just got Turles and Majuub in a pull. I mean, I was hoping for Vegito, but it's hard to complain about the first global +3 ki leader and a 6th Majin card. Turles is SA4 now, so maybe he'll actually start doing damage with Hell Driver. :v:

Actually, could use some team building advice. My STR team has a lot of strong candidates, but I'm not sure what the best combo is. Right now I'm running Broly, Evil Buu, Family SSJ Goku and Goten, an SA10 Max Power Roshi, and an SA10 Saiyan Among Us Goku. Among my options are SSJ2 Vegeta, SSGSS Vegeta, Super Trunks, and Majuub.

I feel like Goku can go and SSJ2 Vegeta can come in without breaking up the Kamehameha party too much, but Max Power Roshi is a different story. Any thoughts?

You don't have SSJ Stroku or SSJ2 Gohan?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

You don't have SSJ Stroku or SSJ2 Gohan?

Nope, I have a lot of SSRs, but neither of those. It'd be a much easier decision otherwise.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Glad to see the Bardock story return. Last time it was up I didn't have the cards to challenge it on Z-Hard.

Managed to find and beat Kid Vegeta on my first run through the Saibamen stage. Just barely survived though.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

I'm sure everyone else knew this, but General Blue is hilarious. Does absolute jack poo poo for damage, but a 2 turn stun is nuts. I just had a Strike Piccolo fight where he didn't even get to act between Blue and Turles. Cell's going to be a slog, but pretty straightforward.

Good to know, I actually have a General Blue sitting in my box that I locked purely out of the fact that it's a SR card. I don't generally keep anything below a base SR so I lucked out I guess!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I keep almost every SR card I get. I figure eventually some of them might have a use or I may decide to run a gimmick team, plus high-SA SRs can usually find homes on mono-type teams. I mean, I also have 315 slots in my inventory at the moment, so.. uh... maybe I need to be a bit more picky? :shrug:

Out of the various SR cards, I'd say there's quite a few worth looking at more closely, even over some SSRs. Obviously there are a lot with good leader skills like the +ki cards, new +30% HP/Atk strike cards. The attack reducers are good to have in your back pocket, obviously. However, there's a bunch of really solid SR cards to fill gaps in other sorts of teams.

AGL has Zangya, Dabura, Master Roshi (his Dokkan, anyway) and Goku.
TEQ has Beerus, and Tien.
INT has SSJ Vegeta, Future 18, and Mr. Buu.
STR has Kid Trunks, SAU Goku, Dabura, Bojack, and Yamcha.
PHY has Adult SSJ Gohan, Adult Trunks, and Perfect Cell.

Most of these are impressive due to high attack and extreme supers. Zangya has a very useful leader skill if you don't have Ultimate Gohan or Turles. Kamehameha also moves a card up. Some cards have increased value and utility if you have other cards with links, as always. Like, Future 17 is pretty good on his own, but is very impressive when next to Future 18. Almost all of the Dragonball cards are worth looking at. They tend to have very good passives, like Bunny Bulma. General Blue has a super that makes him definitely worth finding him space on a INT team. Your average SR SSJ card is also obviously worth looking at, but I wouldn't put many of them besides INT SSJ Vegeta up against an SSR for teambuilding purposes.

Oh yeah, on an SSR note, my read on SSJ2 Vegeta was totally right. He can break 40k on his super without much effort at level 80. He's jockeying for one of these Old Kais.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh neat I did get General Blue. Here I come LR Cell :toot:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Echoing, uh, Echophonic that's there's a bunch of good SR cards worth checking out if you don't have six SSRs of each color. To add to Echophonic's post:

AGL: Determined Defender Goku (his SA can be leveled up with the Strike Event Goku)
TEQ: 1st Form Cell & Kid Trunks
INT: Nail has a good passive and decent stats, but absolutely no links and is Extreme for some reason.
STR: Videl (can be Dokkaned), Despair's Onslaught Freeza, Tien Piccolo
PHY: SSJ Goku (can be Dokkaned), Extreme Elite's Pride Vegeta

I did sell my Turles Corp cards to Baba, mostly because I thought that movie was boring.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The Turles guys are pretty bad, yeah. Not as bad the Cooler's dudes, though. At least most of them are SRs. They can actually get a decent boost from their 25% link.

On the subject of 25% attack links, the Ginyu Force cards are pretty alright if you get the set. I have a team with both AGL Saiyaman, STR Saiyaman 2, and everyone but Ginyu. It's surprisingly good and pretty neat.

I'll also add that the RoF TEQ Goku and PHY Vegeta are pretty good. All the RoF cards are decent, at least. I'd probably name Emperor of Inequity as my pick for a first form Frieza, though.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Echoing, uh, Echophonic that's there's a bunch of good SR cards worth checking out if you don't have six SSRs of each color. To add to Echophonic's post:

AGL: Determined Defender Goku (his SA can be leveled up with the Strike Event Goku)
TEQ: 1st Form Cell & Kid Trunks
INT: Nail has a good passive and decent stats, but absolutely no links and is Extreme for some reason.
STR: Videl (can be Dokkaned), Despair's Onslaught Freeza, Tien Piccolo
PHY: SSJ Goku (can be Dokkaned), Extreme Elite's Pride Vegeta

I did sell my Turles Corp cards to Baba, mostly because I thought that movie was boring.

I sadly keep around Naize for no reason other than my love of this episode of Team Four Star Plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCakjePh44o

Naize Vs. Nail/Krillin.

Also holy poo poo Echophonic, 300+ cards? I hover around 100 with space for 120. Mostly so I can do the friend multi-pull and force feed some guys to max level quickly.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I bought most of those slots before the Baba Shop was available. I keep a lot of the rares I get around to use for training, too. It's really nice to be able to just max-level a new card without having to do a bunch of other junk to awaken a pack of Ns, too.

However, a decent chunk of the cards I have are usable. 35 URs and ~80 SSR*s. The rest is almost all random SRs and R chaff for training. I could probably get down below 200 if i wanted to get aggressive about it, but I like having the options.

STR SSJ2 Vegeta continues to impress. He's keeping up with the Family Kamehameha pair pretty well. Really solid card. Nice to have a Vegeta that is actually worth using. Max Power Roshi is pulling his weight on my STR team, too. I mean, if I get a SSJ 3 Goku, he's gone, but I ain't complaining about a dude who just got to an 80k attack super, double Broly lead or no.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 6, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I bought most of those slots before the Baba Shop was available. I keep a lot of the rares I get around to use for training, too. It's really nice to be able to just max-level a new card without having to do a bunch of other junk to awaken a pack of Ns, too.

However, a decent chunk of the cards I have are usable. 35 URs and ~80 SSR*s. The rest is almost all random SRs and R chaff for training. I could probably get down below 200 if i wanted to get aggressive about it, but I like having the options.

STR SSJ2 Vegeta continues to impress. He's keeping up with the Family Kamehameha pair pretty well. Really solid card. Nice to have a Vegeta that is actually worth using. Max Power Roshi is pulling his weight on my STR team, too. I mean, if I get a SSJ 3 Goku, he's gone, but I ain't complaining about a dude who just got to an 80k attack super, double Broly lead or no.

Buu should be the next to go, SSJ2 Vegeta is just better I think.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

Buu should be the next to go, SSJ2 Vegeta is just better I think.

Hadn't considered that, but yeah, that's a good point. Especially since the three STR SSRs I'd want to add are all Kamehameha Super Saiyans. Evil Buu is pretty hard to complain about, though.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Hadn't considered that, but yeah, that's a good point. Especially since the three STR SSRs I'd want to add are all Kamehameha Super Saiyans. Evil Buu is pretty hard to complain about, though.

Honestly you just need 4 Kamehameha cards, to set up 2 link chains, everything else should just be taken at its own power. (Same with SSJ-link though)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

Honestly you just need 4 Kamehameha cards, to set up 2 link chains, everything else should just be taken at its own power. (Same with SSJ-link though)

That's where I'm at right now, Evil Buu, SSJ Goku, SSJ Goten, and Max Power Roshi. Evil Buu would have to go in exchange for another Kamehameha card and there's only two SSRs I don't have that could replace Buu with: SSJ2 Gohan and SSJ3 Goku. I'm not even sure it'd be that big of an improvement to go to SSJ2 Gohan.

I mean, Evil Buu isn't anything to sneeze at. ~7400 base attack, +2500 attack passive at 99% or below, supreme super with Kamehameha, 133% multiplier.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 6, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is it possible to have multiple Golden Friezas in a team if they're of different types?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

-Troika- posted:

Is it possible to have multiple Golden Friezas in a team if they're of different types?

Nope, which is why the debate for which Golden Frieza was the best exists.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Today's minor grumble: Why doesn't Int Perfect Cell have the Gentlemen link? He's just as genteel as Phy Perfect Cell.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

cptn_dr posted:

Today's minor grumble: Why doesn't Int Perfect Cell have the Gentlemen link? He's just as genteel as Phy Perfect Cell.

For the brief period of time he was around after he zenkai' back to perfection and before his ultimate end, he was kind of a jerk

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm actually surprised you don't have SSJ3 Goku Echo

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aurora posted:

I'm actually surprised you don't have SSJ3 Goku Echo

Me too. :mad:

Both of the friends I turned onto the game have one, too, just to add insult to injury.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I thought that I was pushing my it with my 200 character slots but Echo's number puts that to shame. Although I have a lot of max level characters I don't think I've ever played on a team.

For team building, at least with SR's, I think you have to consider what links they have and whether they're better any possible SSR's you have. For my PHY team, Majin Buu is a very good SSR, but his Passive is defensive, and since the rest of the team was (Super) Sayian based, using Bojack event SSJ Gohan was a better choice (also, I think he was missed in the discussion of good PHY SR's). I think if a character doesn't work with the rest of your team, it either has to buff itself or buff the rest of your team, or just be a monster. I will also say that I'm terrible at min-maxing.

I'm glad that Snake Way has been running this weekend. I've been able to work on leveling up some characters. Is it due to running Snake Way or is the strike event Piccolo pretty good?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

That's where I'm at right now, Evil Buu, SSJ Goku, SSJ Goten, and Max Power Roshi. Evil Buu would have to go in exchange for another Kamehameha card and there's only two SSRs I don't have that could replace Buu with: SSJ2 Gohan and SSJ3 Goku. I'm not even sure it'd be that big of an improvement to go to SSJ2 Gohan.

I mean, Evil Buu isn't anything to sneeze at. ~7400 base attack, +2500 attack passive at 99% or below, supreme super with Kamehameha, 133% multiplier.

SSJ2 Gohan is just flat-out better. Passive is unconditional and better, links are better, Ki-multiplier at 130% mostly the same and he has almost 200 base ATK more. He also has 1500 HP more, which is a pretty big amount.

You're comparing an Evil Buu with 15400 ATK (7400 + 2500 +2500 +3000) x 1.33 x 2.5 = 51205 ATK to 13800 ATK (7600 + 2500 + 700 + 3000) x 1.1 x 1.3 x 1.3 x 2.5 = 64135 ATK. And thats without adding in Golden Warrior (more KI and some Def reduction) or a second Broly (3000 flat ATK, where Buus passive does nothing compared to Gohans 30% multiplier and SSJ link)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cozz posted:

I thought that I was pushing my it with my 200 character slots but Echo's number puts that to shame. Although I have a lot of max level characters I don't think I've ever played on a team.

For team building, at least with SR's, I think you have to consider what links they have and whether they're better any possible SSR's you have. For my PHY team, Majin Buu is a very good SSR, but his Passive is defensive, and since the rest of the team was (Super) Sayian based, using Bojack event SSJ Gohan was a better choice (also, I think he was missed in the discussion of good PHY SR's). I think if a character doesn't work with the rest of your team, it either has to buff itself or buff the rest of your team, or just be a monster. I will also say that I'm terrible at min-maxing.

I'm glad that Snake Way has been running this weekend. I've been able to work on leveling up some characters. Is it due to running Snake Way or is the strike event Piccolo pretty good?

I was focusing on the stuff your eyes might slide over due to a lack of yellow hair. Everyone talks about that Gohan, so I figured he was a given since he takes effort to get.

The Strike event Piccolo seems really good. 6000 base attack on an SR is kind of rare.

Wuxi posted:

SSJ2 Gohan is just flat-out better. Passive is unconditional and better, links are better, Ki-multiplier at 130% mostly the same and he has almost 200 base ATK more. He also has 1500 HP more, which is a pretty big amount.

You're comparing an Evil Buu with 15400 ATK (7400 + 2500 +2500 +3000) x 1.33 x 2.5 = 51205 ATK to 13800 ATK (7600 + 2500 + 700 + 3000) x 1.1 x 1.3 x 1.3 x 2.5 = 64135 ATK. And thats without adding in Golden Warrior (more KI and some Def reduction) or a second Broly (3000 flat ATK, where Buus passive does nothing compared to Gohans 30% multiplier and SSJ link)

I hadn't considered the knock-on effects of the other links, since 30% of 7500 and 2500 are pretty similar from a flat math perspective. I'm still not 100 percent on the order of operations. It's attack bonuses, links, passives, ki multipler, super in that order?

Edit: Good thing STR SSJ2 Vegeta is good, because I just got a second one. I'll take another 20‰ on that monster, much as I'd like one of the other new SSRs.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 7, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I hadn't considered the knock-on effects of the other links, since 30% of 7500 and 2500 are pretty similar from a flat math perspective. I'm still not 100 percent on the order of operations. It's attack bonuses, links, passives, ki multipler, super in that order?

Basically it's flat ATK increases first, multipliers second. In which order the multipliers get applied doesn't matter. Just compare the difference between a Kamehameha super on your SSG Goku and one without, you get far more than 2500 ATK out of it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Hooray for Galactic Crisis being back. Ended up getting 2 stones off the Z-Hard final battle, and now I get to grind out awakening medals for 2 Dokkanable Bojacks I have. 2 more SA levels for him. Hopefully it's worth it ( I doubt it )

If the Tien strike starts soon, I'll likely dump all my stamina into that instead.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I see that Vegito is very high on the tier lists. Is he really that powerful? +25% leader is a common ability now and +25% damage as a passive, while strong, doesn't seem to stand up to somebody like SSJ3 Goku's +70%

I just rolled an account with Turles and Vegito so I'm wondering if it's worth starting an alt in the long-term with these.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
His links are really good with future good cards, mostly. Most of the best upcoming cards have Prepared for Battle, while Gotenks and Gogeta have Fused Fighter along side of it. He's also got that passive, which is quite nice stacked with his super attack boost. He's like a version of SSJ Bardock with the ability to actually hit.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Vegetto's one of my favorite characters so of course I never summon him. Just Choutzu/Guldo/Bujin

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Surprised they havn't added Super Vegito yet honestly.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Well this is the first fusion that we can summon :v:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
The game sucked me back in last month. Looks like I came back at an exciting time! I have gotten a few new SR's but none of the new SSR's. I'm not in a position to throw giant wads of cash at this game like I used to.

Edit: Protip on this Tien Strike - sometimes he has a STR Chiaotzu with him that does nothing but 20K+ Supers. Burn that little bitch to the ground first.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 8, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nice to wake up to 8 stones.

New Leaf posted:

Edit: Protip on this Tien Strike - sometimes he has a STR Chiaotzu with him that does nothing but 20K+ Supers. Burn that little bitch to the ground first.

:stare: Thanks for the tip. I'm torn between doing the strike or getting bulma medals to dokkan gohan to saiyaman. Will Tien have the Buu link as well?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I updated the app through the App Store, and now I'm stuck at 251/251 on the download.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Nice to wake up to 8 stones.

Are you saying maintenance is done? If so, what do I do? I didn't have this problem last update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

My first Z-HARD of Tien had Chiaotzu. Those 22K supers were brutal to my item stocks.