Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The new Mario & Sonic game has 20 characters per side and it's really obvious that the Sonic side is really scraping after, like, 5 characters: http://www.olympicvideogames.com/en_GB/meet-the-competitors.html

I wanna see Mario doing Rhythm gymnastics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Anyone got twilight princess HD yet?
Ya, I'm a big fan of Twilight Princess. If you liked it in the beginning, it's great now. While the bigger areas are ugly as sin, the smaller ones are actually kinda pretty and now in HD. I was playing through the intro forest area this morning. Kinda looking forward to the dungeons I thought really looked nice in the original. (like the Poe dungeon)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

The Bee posted:

Wait, can you not just play as every character in every event anymore? Why?

No idea, I guess they don't want to have to animate every character for every event.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

To be fair the Japanese direct showed nearly a full battle which uh, you know.

Yep all you got was coins. No exp. and the EU one should a little bit of the screen after you flicked a card. It looks like you have a hand which could possibly mean that instead of having all the cards you picked up available, you have a random hand dealt to you out of a deck you build with these cards. Maybe it means they are reusable?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The new Mario & Sonic game has 20 characters per side and it's really obvious that the Sonic side is really scraping after, like, 5 characters: http://www.olympicvideogames.com/en_GB/meet-the-competitors.html

Daisy flaunting those goods.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

The Bee posted:

they do that for the handheld versions. the wii u version will likely not limit them to any specific events

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Who the gently caress is Eggman Nega

Go play Sonic Rush its a great game

The Bee posted:

They might just be what the excel at

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Macaluso posted:

Who the gently caress is Eggman Nega

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE5c8ugVYVc

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I did play Sonic Rush. I skipped over or skimmed the story bits so I don't remember anything about the story.

Sonic Rush was a SOLID... 5 out of 10

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Macaluso posted:

I did play Sonic Rush. I skipped over or skimmed the story bits so I don't remember anything about the story.

Sonic Rush was a SOLID... 5 out of 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyPT7b6ngmg

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Let me rephrase

Sonic Rush the game was a SOLID 5 out of 10

Sonic Rush's music is a 10 out of 10

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

The Bee posted:

On the 3DS version, which is what that site is for. I haven't been able to figure out if the Wii U game will have the same limitation.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I liked Sonic rush a lot it was good

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This is a SEVERE misuse of Malcolm X.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I remember reading a review of sonic rush that said there was a lot of bullshit hazards at the bottom of hills that you have to trial and error learn.

Game was borderline ruined for me by that revelation and I couldn't stop noticing it.

All sonic almost ruined for me. Now you've caught it too.

Music is sweet.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Sonic Rush is a great game that in my top 5 DS games. The gameplay, music, and levels were solid and most review I seen of it give 8-9 out of 10.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm not sure what kind of reverse stroke they had to make Sonic Rush and then Sonic 2006

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sonic Adventure 2 had the best music anyway.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Poor bowser has to rip all his flesh off whenever its his turn to do the javelin throw, then put it back on for the boxing match.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgJUUm1xaPs

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

don't joke man, pumpkin hill is not a better song than anything hideki naganuma's made and that's a cold hard fact

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The Colonel posted:

don't joke man, pumpkin hill is not a better song than anything hideki naganuma's made and that's a cold hard fact

did you click the link

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Lizard Wizard posted:

did you click the link

yes, i do not see how this changes the cold hard fact

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

try this song instead

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i'm sorry, but none of these links are convincing me

here, i think i can safely put a close to this argument

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrMpVIdsrO0

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The Colonel posted:

i'm sorry, but none of these links are convincing me

here, i think i can safely put a close to this argument

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrMpVIdsrO0

well poo poo

all the good memories of chao raising in the world can't beat that

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I almost bought Twilight Princess HD but I will be resolute and wait two weeks for my next paycheck.

Even if I really wanted to buy it like seriously Gamestop had a pile of them. A PILE OF THEM.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I love this.

Also watching the direct for the Colour Splash thing makes me very excited. I enjoyed Super Paper Mario a lot. I think the whole flat characters aesthetic is really, really original and the game looks beautiful!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sonic adventure 2 is the best sonic

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Sonic Adventure games aged very badly

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Started Twilight Princess last night. As has been discussed plenty of times before, if you hated it to begin with, there's nothing new worth revisiting. If you've never played it and are curious, definitely go right ahead.

I agree with the other poster that the smaller areas look amazing. Newbie town looks really good, a quaint charming mountain village with goats. The little waterfall section also looks fantastic in HD. Runs in 60FPS 95% of time from what I've played so far. Looks really great on your giant rear end TV, not so great on the WiiU pad. You can push minus to quick flip between TV and pad only mode. It also asks right at the beginning if you want to use Gamepad or pro controller, which is nice.

Overall I'm happy, but unless you like Twilight Princess, it's probably not worth the $50 entry fee. It's not as big of an upgrade as Majora Mask or Ocarina of Time was.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cartoon Man posted:

Overall I'm happy, but unless you like Twilight Princess, it's probably not worth the $50 entry fee. It's not as big of an upgrade as Majora Mask or Ocarina of Time was.

Uh, all Ocarina of Time did was a straight port of the original game and Master Mode. They didn't change a thing otherwise, save for the boots.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I guess I ment in terms of the graphical upgrades those games made. It was remade from the ground up whereas TP is just hi-rezed, or whatever.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Uh, all Ocarina of Time did was a straight port of the original game and Master Mode. They didn't change a thing otherwise, save for the boots.

Which version are we talking about? The 3DS version of Ocarina certainly made more changes than that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manky posted:

Which version are we talking about? The 3DS version of Ocarina certainly made more changes than that.

Like what? Honestly can't remember anything significantly different to the original version for Ocarina 3DS.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They added gyroscope aiming, a hint system, boss refights and fixed some bugs (like that one upgrade that used to be lost forever if you didn't get it before picking up the Master Sword). Not really game-changers like the Swift Sail in Wind Waker HD, but not a straight graphical upgrade either. And I'm probably forgetting some stuff.

I pretty much missed the entire hint system because I'd beaten the game a couple times before, but I know at least one person who used it extensively, so I guess it can be useful for new players.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Aithon posted:

They added gyroscope aiming, a hint system, boss refights and fixed some bugs (like that one upgrade that used to be lost forever if you didn't get it before picking up the Master Sword). Not really game-changers like the Swift Sail in Wind Waker HD, but not a straight graphical upgrade either. And I'm probably forgetting some stuff.

I pretty much missed the entire hint system because I'd beaten the game a couple times before, but I know at least one person who used it extensively, so I guess it can be useful for new players.

Ah, of course :doh:.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Like what? Honestly can't remember anything significantly different to the original version for Ocarina 3DS.

Here's a big list, but I can think of one they didn't - the outside of the happy mask shop in Castle Town was totally redone. That's not significant per se, but it jumped out at me. There are a lot of little changes that were made.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Runs in 60FPS 95% of time from what I've played so far.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-face-off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26_jn8tLqkI&t=61s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manky posted:

Here's a big list, but I can think of one they didn't - the outside of the happy mask shop in Castle Town was totally redone. That's not significant per se, but it jumped out at me. There are a lot of little changes that were made.

I think my problem is I was stuck thinking of the larger changes like the revamped boss fights and other things Majora's Mask did, rather than the quality-of-life stuff they did for Ocarina of Time.

• Locked thread