Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Frank's a harder sell, but once he pops his seal, which is 25% per turn when maxed out, or automatic at low HP, he goes absolutely loving nuts and murderfucks everything.

I hear his 3rd costs 1000 mp, so he needs to kill something every turn to spam it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So doing the math I should be able to get farm everything and get the lost island dude max skilled. I'm getting about 200 or so genes a day from spamming the first level of the lost island. As a play that has only been playing for like 25 days it is pretty worth it to me to get some new dudes max skilled. My roster is pretty anemic right now so it works.

If they hadn't put in the auto feature there is no way I would be doing this.

Does anyone know what the max level for the Lord is?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

I hear his 3rd costs 1000 mp, so he needs to kill something every turn to spam it.

That is true. It is also true that it gives him a +100% attack boost. If you cannot manage to kill something every turn, you're probably in trouble.

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012

Sophism posted:

Hahah, so Nexon apologized for Siera being a $100 purchase, (Mind you, it seems like you don't get enough genes from the package to max even her third skill.) and stated that future characters would not be stuck behind a paywall again.

And then apparently they ninja edited that response later, changing the wording to state that storyline characters won't be paywalled.

Skating on some thin ice there, Nexon.

Did they actually edit it? As far as I know (and from what I can see from people who quoted the original post), the wording was always "However, for the future heroes that are created by us, the dev team, the free-to-play recruitment mechanism will not change as stated in the original interview at the beginning of the launch."

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/3961-Regarding-the-Premium-Seira-Package

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Completed Tower of Dawn normal and managed to get a 5* set!

Hellish Flame's Guide
Activated when the user's HP falls below 30%
2: Recover MP by 19 every turn
3: Increase the final skill power by 1175

Not sure what to think of that.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I got two of my work buddies to start playing this. Today before the shift instead of talking about basketball or something they asked me which of the Nobeless characters to unlock first/prioritize on. :)

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I got a horseshoe accessory thing that adds like almost 12% damage to bosses. I assume this would be EXTREMELY GOOD on Jack?

e: 4* Cavalry Horseshoe with crit/hit and +11.6% damage to bosses.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 5, 2016

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

I got a horseshoe accessory thing that adds like almost 12% damage to bosses. I assume this would be EXTREMELY GOOD on Jack?

e: 4* Cavalry Horseshoe with crit/hit and +11.6% damage to bosses.

+Boss %dmg doesn't affect the %hp damage on his third skill. Only +%dmg on weapons does.

I'd throw that cavalry horseshoe on your biggest boss-damager (aside from Jack), since it's a multiplicative factor (e.g. 20% total boss damage = 1.2*otherdmg).

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

I got two of my work buddies to start playing this. Today before the shift instead of talking about basketball or something they asked me which of the Nobeless characters to unlock first/prioritize on. :)

What are their names? I have some room on my friend's list.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I pulled another one of the R set items from the R pull. So yeah don't buy any equipment till the last day. That's the second one I pulled so I've already saved 1600 coins.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Ras is WAY better than Frank. Prioritize Ras and wolfboy. Ras can straight up replace either Deb or Chenny, and I am doing paper coocoo 10 right now with Alfred, Elektra, Deb, Ras, and Poni, and it is loving hilarious. Lay down a giant field of ongoing damage, poni nukes for a pile of true damage, and ras nukes for a giant pile of weakening, plus either true damage or or defense reduction, depending on their health. It is really goddamn good, so if you don't have chenny maxed, maybe consider Deb+Ras instead of Chenny+Ras.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Too many characters! Rocking wolfman, sonic, Mu, mas and Rak. Also have Jack. Almost unlocked Serendi. Ohhh i'll never get anyone to 4 star if i keep switching people!

E: Unlocked Serendi. Is her aoe HoT good enough to replace Mas as a healer?

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 6, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Too many characters! Rocking wolfman, sonic, Mu, mas and Rak. Also have Jack. Almost unlocked Serendi. Ohhh i'll never get anyone to 4 star if i keep switching people!

E: Unlocked Serendi. Is her aoe HoT good enough to replace Mas as a healer?

Honestly if you're only 3 stars at this point, or earlier, I would absolutely grab Raskreia, Frankenstein, and Muzaka, then start grabbing their appropriate coocoos out of the store and force leveling them straight up to 4*, possibly even blowing devil's souls on them, too. You can pretty easily get them to 4* as long as you can get the rebirth golems, which they will help you do, at which point they can get you the resources to upgrade your other characters. The fact that you have level 200+ coocoos available on demand for only 25R a pop, plus three devil's souls, means you can pretty easily use them to bootstrap yourself up to mid-high 4*, and let me tell you, once you're there, getting OTHER characters there is a lead pipe cinch.

Also, Serendi is better than Mas in pretty much every way. If you're not going to hold out for Gillan, Serendi is perfect. If you are, Serendi is still loving amazing.

Also worth noting is that unless you are stuck unable to do high level Muzaka stages, don't bother grinding Muzaka 1. You can get exactly the same energy to R ratio out of literally any non-boss story stage, and since everything is either double gold or double XP right now, you'll almost certainly be getting better rewards.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 7, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Are any of these new lord costumes worth grabbing? I almost the crystals saved up for one.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Are any of these new lord costumes worth grabbing? I almost the crystals saved up for one.

I grabbed the +MP one so I could stack it with the Black Magician costume. Now all my heroes have +40 MP which is pretty nice for MP starved heroes.

It's really expensive though since 1200 crystals could also get you 2 hero costumes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The lord costumes stack?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Yep. All the costumes stack.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Helical Nightmares posted:

Yep. All the costumes stack.

Hmm I didn't know that. They don't say that anywhere.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Yeah it's obscure. Good point I'll put it in the OP.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Hmm I didn't know that. They don't say that anywhere.

Yeah, costume buffs are on forever. Which is good, because some heroes have some pretty dum costumes/pretty awesome defaults (Chris).

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

Honestly if you're only 3 stars at this point, or earlier, I would absolutely grab Raskreia, Frankenstein, and Muzaka, then start grabbing their appropriate coocoos out of the store and force leveling them straight up to 4*, possibly even blowing devil's souls on them, too. You can pretty easily get them to 4* as long as you can get the rebirth golems, which they will help you do, at which point they can get you the resources to upgrade your other characters. The fact that you have level 200+ coocoos available on demand for only 25R a pop, plus three devil's souls, means you can pretty easily use them to bootstrap yourself up to mid-high 4*, and let me tell you, once you're there, getting OTHER characters there is a lead pipe cinch.

Also, Serendi is better than Mas in pretty much every way. If you're not going to hold out for Gillan, Serendi is perfect. If you are, Serendi is still loving amazing.

Also worth noting is that unless you are stuck unable to do high level Muzaka stages, don't bother grinding Muzaka 1. You can get exactly the same energy to R ratio out of literally any non-boss story stage, and since everything is either double gold or double XP right now, you'll almost certainly be getting better rewards.

This is good advice, thank you. I did grab all 3 new characters and am currently grinding R's to max out Raskreia's skills. I am doing Muzaka's 1 over and over though, as I can't auto through lvl 2. I guess the smart play is to do other stuff, level up and grind higher level Muzaka missions later? I don't know when his island will show up again and I don't want his skills to fall behind. My question was about a balanced party though, I think maybe I went too squishy with Muzaka/Raskreia/Serendi/Sonic/Mu. drat Mu is going to take forever to level her skills up. I really like Sonicboom's range, but would replacing him with Jack be a good idea?

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

This is good advice, thank you. I did grab all 3 new characters and am currently grinding R's to max out Raskreia's skills. I am doing Muzaka's 1 over and over though, as I can't auto through lvl 2. I guess the smart play is to do other stuff, level up and grind higher level Muzaka missions later? I don't know when his island will show up again and I don't want his skills to fall behind. My question was about a balanced party though, I think maybe I went too squishy with Muzaka/Raskreia/Serendi/Sonic/Mu. drat Mu is going to take forever to level her skills up. I really like Sonicboom's range, but would replacing him with Jack be a good idea?

The issue you'd probably run into replacing Sonic with Jack is how melee heavy you are - Serendi's basically your only range with that comp. The game tends to be very unfavorable to melee comps because of how much AoE enemies have, especially later in the campaign. Muzaka is probably enough tank to get you through most things, with Jack being good to swap him out for on boss stages. A lot of times you don't need to have multiple tanks, as long as you position your one tank well enough. I haven't used Muzaka, but he's a defense type and his stats look solid enough to fill that role.

Every once in a while you'll hit a stage where even your tank gets 1 or 2 shotted, depending on the stage that sometimes is just the game's way of nudging you and telling you it's time to go gear up/rebirth.

EDIT: Make sure you're equipping all your characters with armor for the +defense, counter builds are dead and very few characters are worth stacking dodge on anymore.

PhrenzZ fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 7, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yep, all my dudes have bows/armour. Maybe I should swap Mu back out for Jenny or Deb? Mu has that guaranteed stun and an AoE heal that's really nice though.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Yep, all my dudes have bows/armour. Maybe I should swap Mu back out for Jenny or Deb? Mu has that guaranteed stun and an AoE heal that's really nice though.

Get rid of Jack for Deb instead, I'd say. Jack is absurdly good at what he does, but his percentage damage is only meaningful against damage-sponge bosses. Mu actually has pretty great hitboxes for melee outside of lacking a diagonal target on her 2, and will bring way better utility for the majority of stages.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Don't try to auto through Muz's higher levels, the auto-spawns gently caress with the AI, probably deliberately. It's orders of magnitude harder to auto his stage (or Chenny or Muang) than to do a normal boss. Just do them manually, with the right composition (use Jack) you should be able to do them 1-2 rounds each. It'll be tedious, but you'll max him out faster and can get on to autoing better stages.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Wow, 1-2 rounds? You must be really good! I take more like 6 rounds for any map that isn't beginner/low level daily stuff.

Muz's 2nd level is rank orange Hard for my party.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Wow, 1-2 rounds? You must be really good! I take more like 6 rounds for any map that isn't beginner/low level daily stuff.

It will help a lot if you can import a 5 star Jack merc. If you don't have friended, hit me up, I'm NinjaDebuggr, and I have 4 friend slots open at the moment.

You only need to SS the stage once, after that your minimum rank is SS, and Muz's stages seem to only rarely give more than the first slot with genes anyway. The secret to basically every boss with stupidly large HP numbers is Jack. Jack, Jack, Jack. Use your Jack, use a merc Jack, and eat percentages of their HP at a go.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

Ignore the difficulty bar for Lost Island. They're inaccurate and your best bet is to actually enter the stage and see if it's actually difficult. Getting wiped isn't really a big deal since the game will refund most of the energy spent entering. You really only lose a couple points of energy for trying.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

It will help a lot if you can import a 5 star Jack merc. If you don't have friended, hit me up, I'm NinjaDebuggr, and I have 4 friend slots open at the moment.

You only need to SS the stage once, after that your minimum rank is SS, and Muz's stages seem to only rarely give more than the first slot with genes anyway. The secret to basically every boss with stupidly large HP numbers is Jack. Jack, Jack, Jack. Use your Jack, use a merc Jack, and eat percentages of their HP at a go.

Thanks, sent a friend request from Wikiwikiwa.

e: I'm dumb and didn't notice you only had to kill him. Wow. Yeah with a decent merc (NinjaDebugger) I beat him in 2 rounds. Thanks!

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 7, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Unironically really looking forwards to Henry's Robocop costume :awesomelon:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

Wait, are you serious? If you SS a stage you can gently caress it up on later runs and never get below an SS?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

Wait, are you serious? If you SS a stage you can gently caress it up on later runs and never get below an SS?

Dead serious. Yes, I also wished this was made explicit. Somebody should put it in the OP, too. You only have to SS once, after that you can auto, even if you only barely win on auto.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
To be fair, I'm pretty certain that this only became true like, two patches ago.

But yeah, you only need to manually SS the first go, then you can leave the AI to pointlessly sacrifice units all day erryday.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

This event handed me out 3 pieces of set gear from the daily pull so far, all for support characters.

Which made me realize I don't have resources invested in any support character, so which might be a good one to start dumping stuff into so I maximize the effectiveness of these set items.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Agent355 posted:

This event handed me out 3 pieces of set gear from the daily pull so far, all for support characters.

Which made me realize I don't have resources invested in any support character, so which might be a good one to start dumping stuff into so I maximize the effectiveness of these set items.

Rush story mode until you reach area 5 and beat Serendi once to unlock her. She's a really good support hero to invest in and you don't even need to farm genes to unlock her.

Get ready to feed plenty of coocoos to her though since her movement is horrendous until you get her passive.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Neurolimal posted:

To be fair, I'm pretty certain that this only became true like, two patches ago.

But yeah, you only need to manually SS the first go, then you can leave the AI to pointlessly sacrifice units all day erryday.

It's been the case since launch I'm pretty sure.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Caught Raskreia up, so I'm running the team I mentioned before (Jack/Deb/Raskreia/Mu/Serendi). Raskreia is good and combos well with Deb. She is absolutely hilariously incompetent at autoing though, for the same reason Carrot is. She'll immediately use her 3 on a single target, run herself completely out of MP and just attack normally the rest of the time. I should probably swap Jack out for someone else for non-boss stages. Maybe develop Jenny (3* currently and most of her abilities are almost max) due to her huge AOE or bring Carrot back in.

I still haven't decided who to stick the Horseshoe of Boss Murdering on, though. Probably Deb because I've got her the most developed of all my characters.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Somefool posted:

Rush story mode until you reach area 5 and beat Serendi once to unlock her. She's a really good support hero to invest in and you don't even need to farm genes to unlock her.

Get ready to feed plenty of coocoos to her though since her movement is horrendous until you get her passive.

Except she's balanced :smith:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Mas is better than he gets credit for; he has hilarious range, passively buffs everyone's attack, and his base attack drains % max health for a turn (no clue if this negatively effects Jack's damage, though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Agent355 posted:

Except she's balanced :smith:

Try to unlock Gillan then. He shouldn't be that much harder than Serendi.

Weird how Gillan is considered a balance type though. :v:

• Locked thread