Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i played the hitman beta. it was ok. it takes half a minute to load the screen to load a save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I've really wanted to play Rock Band for like a month. I've been hoping the urge would go away because I'd have to rebuy an Xbox 360 but I think I'll finally crack tomorrow.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 5, 2016

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eifert Posting posted:

I've really wanted to play Rock Band for like a month. I've been hoping the urge would go away because I'd have to rebuy an Xbox 360 but I think I'll finally crack tomorrow.

Just wait it's coming to PC soon

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

Just wait it's coming to PC soon

Dude really

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

frank.club posted:

Dude really

Harmonix started a Kickstarter for it a couple days ago

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

Harmonix started a Kickstarter for it a couple days ago

Oh poo poo

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
you won't be able to import songs from previous games or dlc from other platforms, though :(

here's their kickstarterfig if you're curious

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I feel like buying a 360 and re-downloading all the DLC i bought will be cheaper than buying a steam copy and DLC all over again. I don't remember, do you need online access to play DLC every time or just to download it the first time? I just remember you don't need gold to buy and use DLC.

My thoughts too. I used to have my PC hooked up to the TV but now I live in a bigger place and don't want to bother with the wires or latency. Rockband on a 24 inch display, no thanks.
VVVV

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 5, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why would anybody play Rock Band on PC

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

In Training posted:

same reason people play(ed) guitar hero 3 on pc - absurdly hard custom tracks that required an iv-feed of caffiene to complete

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i watched basketball (my favorite sport) and now im playing 3ds and watching no mercy 2008. kane just waffled rey mysterio with a steel chair!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thunder fan here

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What were y'alls favorite rock band songs? I liked Cool For Cats, The Talking Heads song (I forget the title), Baba O'Riley, Moonage Daydream and Train Kept a Rolling.

In college a lot of my friends were in the school's a capella group so they would always crush the vocals. Good times. I sing like a dying goat.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

The Talking Heads song (I forget the title)

:captainpop::magical::vince::hurr::shepicide:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Got drunk and watched Fury Road instead. why did i wait this long to see it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Psycho Killer. How did I forget that?

That's it, buying it tomorrow.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Eifert Posting posted:

you are vain and you are blind

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eifert Posting posted:

Because you're loving retarded!!!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Eifert Posting posted:

What were y'alls favorite rock band songs? I liked Cool For Cats, The Talking Heads song (I forget the title), Baba O'Riley, Moonage Daydream and Train Kept a Rolling.

In college a lot of my friends were in the school's a capella group so they would always crush the vocals. Good times. I sing like a dying goat.

Teen Age Riot

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't believe Rockband has been around for nine years and they still haven't released a version of Operation Mindcrime. I guess Silent Lucidity is better than nothing.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

In Training posted:

i played a lot of frets on fire with illegally downloaded guitar hero and rock band charts so maybe me if it goes cheap enough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

That's what you get and you oughta know because I could do vocals and drums at the same time

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

That's what you get and you oughta know because I could do vocals and drums at the same time

I used to play the Queens of the Stone Age songs blindfolded because I love grooving and knowing the music by heart. 3's & 7's and Little Sister were fun and No One Knows was difficult.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart was DLC and is super fun on drums

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Painkiller

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That Muse song on the original had a base line that I never beat on expert. I could manage much harder guitar parts in harder songs but that base line was my white whale.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Watching King of Kong. Billy Mitchell is my hero.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i been playing animal crossing happy home designer cos it came with my new 3ds. fun. i wonder why the reviews for it are so low

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i been playing animal crossing happy home designer cos it came with my new 3ds. fun. i wonder why the reviews for it are so low
The Animal Crossing games don't tend to change a lot between titles, and reviewers get mad about it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Home designer isn't a regular AC, it's a game of just designing homes. It seemed like a neat idea

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

tasty videogames

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Larry Parrish posted:

Because you're loving retarded!!!!

I hate people when they're not polite. :(

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Home designer isn't a regular AC, it's a game of just designing homes. It seemed like a neat idea

i played new leaf, but actually i like this game more. the only part i like less than new leaf is that there isnt the feeling of finding rare stuff you wanted in shops. but i suppose you unlock new furniture whenever you design for a new animal, although you dont really know what youre gonna get.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

tasty videogames

how come the trees and rocks and stuff are like super professional but the sprites and text look like a kid drew them ?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The bush sprite looks like it was stolen from Chrono Trigger.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Not quite, but similar leaves.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

how come the trees and rocks and stuff are like super professional but the sprites and text look like a kid drew them ?

a lot of various quality level of content in this game, sometimes you see weird perspective stuff and such. it was made by one guy so I am forgiving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Not quite, but similar leaves.

its true they're similar. maybe from the 600AD landscape. well i suppose it doesnt matter, its probably an rpg maker game or something.