Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Um, I'm looking for something that says "Mac likes leather"

He has a dream to open an imported leather goods shop in Arizona. It's discussed when The Gang Gets Trapped.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Sammus posted:

He has a dream to open an imported leather goods shop in Arizona. It's discussed when The Gang Gets Trapped.

A leather shop? In Arizona? Why, they''ll be out of business in a week's time!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

FireWorksWell posted:

A leather shop? In Arizona? Why, they''ll be out of business in a week's time!

That's what I said

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sammus posted:

Haha, thanks, but I was imagining Mac going leather daddy by accident, like Tobias Fünke.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

make no mistake

mac does an ocular patdown of the proposed intruder and only then does he decide

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
So... did anyone else entertain the possibility that 'The Gang Goes To Hell' might actually be the series finale and that the gang are really dead? I know there were talks about season 12 but it could just be misdirection what with the whole 'sometimes things just sorta end' approach :tinfoil:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pretty sure theres on more episode called "goes to hell pt 2".

it would be a hell of a thing if they deliberaly made it one off like that

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

emanresu tnuocca posted:

So... did anyone else entertain the possibility that 'The Gang Goes To Hell' might actually be the series finale and that the gang are really dead? I know there were talks about season 12 but it could just be misdirection what with the whole 'sometimes things just sorta end' approach :tinfoil:

They already signed a contract for season 12, and they already ended one long running show this year

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

bobkatt013 posted:

They already signed a contract for season 12, and they already ended one long running show this year

What show was that? Was it the Simpsons?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FireWorksWell posted:

What show was that? Was it the Simpsons?

p sure it was the SHOW YOUR BALLS show

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
At least Mac doesn't think God is Jewish.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

He's def old testament, but also nominally christian for some reason.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

For some reason I totally creased up at "what is this, boat jail?!"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dee's delivery during the card trick was just so perfect, even though you could see what she was going to do way before, it was still loving awesome.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
"We also call her a bird" was also really funny for some reason.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

emanresu tnuocca posted:

"We also call her a bird" was also really funny for some reason.

I was a fan of her mock laugh, but then again that poo poo always makes me giggle.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I thought the drinking mouthwash thing in the last episode was bullshit until I googled it. Listerine is about 54 proof :stare:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

I thought the drinking mouthwash thing in the last episode was bullshit until I googled it. Listerine is about 54 proof :stare:

Why did you think it was bullshit? People drink mouth wash and hand sanitizer if they have desperate enough.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

bobkatt013 posted:

Why did you think it was bullshit? People drink mouth wash and hand sanitizer if they have desperate enough.

The urban rumors about people drinking mouthwash/sanitizer/rubbing alcohol always sounded way out there to me, especially after hearing how companies put bitterants in compressed air to keep kids from dying from inhalant abuse.

In any case I know what to do when I'm stuck somewhere totally dry!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
ya'll ain't from the country are ya?
I've not plenty people that like to get hosed up on mouthwash. Its totally a thing.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I've walked past a passed out homeless man who had a few empty listerine bottles next him, that was when I learned its a real thing, also heard stories of people drinking antifreeze

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

For real though, getting drunk on mouth wash is like really loving bad for you. The alcohol in mouth wash is not the same alcohol in whiskey. Like mouth wash alcohol will legit gently caress up your brain cells.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Ekusukariba posted:

I've walked past a passed out homeless man who had a few empty listerine bottles next him, that was when I learned its a real thing, also heard stories of people drinking antifreeze

Yeah, Antifreeze contains methanol, and sometimes ethylene glycol as a mixer, both of which will probably kill you, or at least make you blind. Ethylene glycol reportedly has a has a really sweet taste. It used to be a problem back in the day, where kids would kill themselves drinking antifreeze thinking it was fruit juice.

And if you're really desperate for some booze, drink some antifreeze, then call 911. The standard treatment for methanol poisoning is more booze. Seriously, that's the standard treatment, I couldn't make that up if I tried. The human body is much better at absorbing ethanol then methanol, so the standard treatment these days for methanol poisoning is an IV of ethanol until you piss out the methanol. So you're getting drunk coming and going on that one.

I've heard stories of homeless alcoholics running that scam on hospitals. I don't know how true those stories are. Yeah, the hospital can try to send them a bill, but they're already homeless alcoholics, how are they going to collect?

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 7, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Is boat fuel even an intoxicant? I know that methanol is used to make jet fuel but I just googled and it seems boat fuel is less than 10% ethanol... seems like drinking it would maybe just kill you? idk.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Is boat fuel even an intoxicant? I know that methanol is used to make jet fuel but I just googled and it seems boat fuel is less than 10% ethanol... seems like drinking it would maybe just kill you? idk.

Frank calls it "torpedo juice" which was an actual thing back in the day, though; torpedoes were driven by engines that ran on ethanol instead of today's electric motors, and desperate sailors would siphon it out and drink it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
I think the gang just views whatever will make you violently sick as a good source of intoxication.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Well, Charlie drinks straight paint which I'd assume would kill everything rather rapidly so I guess he can pretty much consume and get intoxicated by anything.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I remember a guy that used to get drunk off of bourbon vanilla extract in front of Trader Joes

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Always Sunny is a magic reality where people (the gang, at least) can survive way more stuff than normal and get wrecked on chemicals that'd really just get you sick. I wouldn't worry about how much of it is based in truth.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Ask desperate Russians who used to drink hydraulic fluid and tank fuel to get drunk.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well the MIG-25 was famous for basically being a flying vodka bar thanks to its pure ethanol coolant.

However ships mostly use some sort of residual heavy fuel oil... which I'm not sure anyone could drink, no matter how messed up they were:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

mobby_6kl posted:

which I'm not sure anyone could drink, no matter how messed up they were:

There were plenty of mixers on the ship to cut it with

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Pharmaskittle posted:

Always Sunny is a magic reality where people (the gang, at least) can survive way more stuff than normal and get wrecked on chemicals that'd really just get you sick. I wouldn't worry about how much of it is based in truth.

I learned this the hard way when I tried to get high off of earing cat food.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Sleeveless posted:

I learned this the hard way when I tried to get high off of earing cat food.

you dont eat cat food to get high, you eat it to feel sick so you can fall asleep

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Honestly if anything this show has made me want to try huffing all kinds of cleaning supplies and gasoline

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

you dont eat cat food to get high, you eat it to feel sick so you can fall asleep

I ate dog food before (evidence in GBS) and that got me neither high nor sleepy. Do they put something special in cat food that isn't in doggie lunch?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Apparently people can also enjoy catnip by smoking them.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

I ate dog food before (evidence in GBS) and that got me neither high nor sleepy. Do they put something special in cat food that isn't in doggie lunch?

Wet or dry? Also, how much glue did you huff before hand?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Brawnfire posted:

Um, I'm looking for something that says "Mac likes leather"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNwZ62kYarM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

The urban rumors about people drinking mouthwash/sanitizer/rubbing alcohol always sounded way out there to me, especially after hearing how companies put bitterants in compressed air to keep kids from dying from inhalant abuse.

a hundred goons have said it but it's not an urban legend, it's just extremely desperate

sincerely congrats on you for taking a path through life that does not expose you to serious alcoholics