Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The pirate skeleton story sounds like an Onion article where it's just schoolyard stories. "A source is quoted as saying that in addition to the skeleton, the school keeps a dinosaur as a class pet. As a safety precaution, however, it is only let out at night. We reached out to a PETA spokesperson for comment."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The school is on old harbour land that used to include the gallows and unmarked graves. Could have been a pirate, could have been any other sort of criminal.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Why is Ellie so upset about her "best friend" finding this house right near her? Didn't she used to live right close by before she moved? I would think this was just a weird look in the last panel that means nothing but she had a similar reaction before.

F Minus

I have trouble blaming Craig, frankly.

Mary Worth

Following a bit close there, Jeff.

Rex Morgan MD

Who works in lemon cake?

Secret Agent X-9

This is what J Edgar Hoover looked like in '36.

There's notably less doughyness in the X-9 version.

Apartment 3-G

Girls are lucky they have men to stop them from doing stupid things, aren't they?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set knows size matters.

Working Daze overexplains the joke once again.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix homophones.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

EasyEW posted:

Okay, let's get this straight, since I used to ignore Crankshaft, but now that we're talking about digital projectors and Kickstarters, it's probably worth sorting a few things out. This strip takes place firmly in the present, but it also takes place ten years before the current run of Funky Winkerbean, which is also anchored in an off-brand version of the present, but still one where Ed Crankshaft has decayed enough that he's sucking in oxygen through a nose tube. Still, both in the here and now, but separated by a decade.

Crankshaft merely takes place in the timeline where Lisa survived and Les never wrote his book, which is why everyone is slightly happier.

This, of course, will be ruined once Les finishes his highly radioactive dimension-hopping device to visit her, only to give her cancer all over again

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

Who works in lemon cake?

I wonder if they meant yellow cake.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Lemon curry?

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (February 10, 1951)

Barnaby (July 18, 1942)

Nancy (March 27, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (December 8, 1928)

Gasoline Alley (January 6, 1923)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Who works in lemon cake?

Why you eyein' my lemon cake?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 06/14/15

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

In her spare time, Xiulan is a model for knockoff game controllers.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

And there goes Wahoo Terminal.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Following a bit close there, Jeff.

I know it's how the art in Mary Worth looks, but his expression to me is just one of barely listening or interested in her months long NYC trip "Yea. That's nice Mary. Uh huh."

FunkyAl posted:

Crankshaft merely takes place in the timeline where Lisa survived and Les never wrote his book, which is why everyone is slightly happier.

This, of course, will be ruined once Les finishes his highly radioactive dimension-hopping device to visit her, only to give her cancer all over again

Spoilers: that Crankshaft is actually a time travelling Les trapped in the mopey cancer timeline

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Guess If They Are Married

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Gay and Her Gang (click for big)

Man, it's been too long since I've read a Graf Zeppelin joke.

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

SomeMathGuy posted:

We'll know for sure if they come to a 10x10 room with an orc and a treasure chest.

Well, his party contains a goblin and a vampire, so the treasure guardian would probably be a lawful good elf or something.

Moomin Builds a House

Classic Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (March 8, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four, tonight with ANOTHER FIRST. (May 31-June 2, 1954)

Young Lucy was an enabler, which is why slightly older Lucy became filled with rage mixed with shame.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

It's been clear for a while that they have different priorities and that it was time to end the relationship and allow each other to pursue their respective dreams. Even so, you'd still expect that at the end of a years long relationship that was generally happy and that one of them relocated to a new country for that there would be a little sadness at its end. Luann and Quill are both coming off like psychopaths.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Oh, what's the harm? Let him steal a Glance.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Slammy posted:

Man, it's been too long since I've read a Graf Zeppelin joke.

Did Smack have to relocate to a completely different room just to make fun of this man?

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

:psyduck: So the bear is going to invest the 3 bucks in nickles and quarters in a mutual fund or whatever? Or he somehow thinks that change, as leftovers from previous transactions, is somehow tax free despite the fact that if it's from his paycheck or other form of income it's gone through a taxation cycle already, plus another one it was used to buy something with sales tax? Or this change is the result of black/grey market transactions, such as selling some of those old incandescent light bulbs he's been hoarding to a disaffected kangaroo and he will then use the change to buy 16 generic poptarts at WalMart?

Trying to make sense of the reasoning is like trying to make sense of a pluggers defense of the lovely policies that negatively effect them :argh: This is what I get for trying to make sense of it. Let's just go with the chestnut that pluggers are poor and ignorant.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

kith_groupie posted:

Let's just go with the chestnut that pluggers are poor and ignorant.

It always works.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

dordreff posted:

Did Smack have to relocate to a completely different room just to make fun of this man?

I think she's just been unloading on him for the entire time it took her to be driven home.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

kith_groupie posted:

:psyduck: So the bear is going to invest the 3 bucks in nickles and quarters in a mutual fund or whatever? Or he somehow thinks that change, as leftovers from previous transactions, is somehow tax free despite the fact that if it's from his paycheck or other form of income it's gone through a taxation cycle already, plus another one it was used to buy something with sales tax? Or this change is the result of black/grey market transactions, such as selling some of those old incandescent light bulbs he's been hoarding to a disaffected kangaroo and he will then use the change to buy 16 generic poptarts at WalMart?

Trying to make sense of the reasoning is like trying to make sense of a pluggers defense of the lovely policies that negatively effect them :argh: This is what I get for trying to make sense of it. Let's just go with the chestnut that pluggers are poor and ignorant.

You're trying too hard. To a Plugger, change from the sofa is just like finding money on the sidewalk. It is "found income," never mind how it got there, and worth a momentary celebration.

Yes I was raised among Pluggers.

On another topic: I found an old copy of the Washington Post magazine from 2008 in the basement, and it's the one with Dave Barry's annual "Year in Review" - with illustrations by Richard Thompson.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Spent a while looking and then I noticed the sign on the wall.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

This is pretty low hanging fruit right there

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail Meets :stonk:

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

The Phantom and Hojo ARE Jake and Elwood!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

SomeMathGuy posted:

Mark Trail Meets :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPJ10eXc9bY

I see that poo poo growing in my lawn, I'm getting the gasoline and matches.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set can just put that anywhere.

Working Daze is lazier than usual.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is torn apart by self-doubt.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (March 9, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

Um, are those Molotov Cocktails still lit?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 06/21/15

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Hugh knows that no amount of effort would help this storyline move along.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann and Quill are both coming off like psychopaths.
Pretty sure Quill is being a dick only because readers were turning against Luann, and the Evanses decided they needed to do something drastic to rescue their little girl.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

:perfect:

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Dream of the Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

"What's fer breakfast?" is a call back to to a 1981 strip I posted three years ago. Binky had a one night stand and she got pregnant. Hence, Bongo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Yes, even Calvin and Hobbes is susceptible to golf jokes... kind of.

Outland

Ripley's

• Locked thread