Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I hope we don't end up with the GOPe throwing in a third candidate, or somehow loving things up so the election goes to the House and they install somebody nobody wanted. We might have an actual civil war, or American voters from both sides overthrowing the government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Peel posted:

i gamed out negotiating with cruz for the republicans, if you look at this grid you can see the different scenarios

code:
                    Cruz
        ___|cooperate_|__defect__|
           |          |          |
           |  Cruz+2  |  Cruz+2  |
  cooperate|          |          |
           |  GOP -2  |  GOP -2  |
           |          |          |
GOP     ---|----------|----------|
           |          |          |
           |  Cruz-1  |  Cruz-1  |
     defect|          |          |
           |  GOP -1  |  GOP -1  |
        ___|__________|__________|

ftfy

def a prisoner's dilemma tho, has been for a few months imo

e:

wait unless the two defects for cruz was :thejoke:

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

baw posted:

ftfy

def a prisoner's dilemma tho, has been for a few months imo

e: nvm

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ThirdPartyView posted:

"There was an election in 2000?!" - Nate Silver, Super-Genius.
Jesus loving Christ.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

ThirdPartyView posted:

Not really, no.

ThirdPartyView posted:

"There was an election in 2000?!" - Nate Silver, Super-Genius.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

My pet theory is that Romney is gearing up to run third party as a kamikaze candidate and the Republican party will officially endorse Trump while all the big ticket donors funnel enough money to the Romney campaign to stump Trump in the general. Then they get to pick up the pieces and shoot for 2018 essentially retaining the status quo.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

People too eager to take shots at Nate

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

even within the republican primary electorate, the increased turnout caused by trump's candidacy hasn't been entirely pro-him; i read those entrails to suggest that his ability to increase turnout will continue to the general, but that the pro-/anti-trump ratio will flip when we go from the republican primary to the general electorate

comparing the primary intraparty splits, you've got both sides going crazy on the internet (freep, dkos, democrats here for example) but only the republicans are really seeing a shitload of incumbents and talking heads openly dissent at levels we haven't seen in recent years, i think, which i believe is a significant difference

i will conclude my three sentence essay with the sentence where i give the conclusion; i think that in november trump will end up depressing republican turnout and increasing democratic turnout

(but we won't really know for a while - i guess depending on how dramatic the republican establishment drama gets we could know sooner rather than later, but either way we should prob just chill)

Anime is great!
Sep 14, 2007

I can not wait for the convention. It will be glorious.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
MSNBC reporter on site in Kansas, line wraps around the building, cops telling him they've never seen anything like it.

Romney's speech and the #NeverTrump crowd ARE impacting the election. They are strengthening our resolve, and their desperation is a signal that we are winning this fight and we can win the war.

Donald Trump has awoken a slumbering giant.

Marco Rubio voters are the kinds of voters that weigh up white turnout. Trump is bringing out blue collar working class whites, who have been participating at rates not only lower than average for white voters, but lower than that of minority groups as well.

WE ARE UNITED AND WE ARE GOING TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Add Romney to history's dumpster next to Bush. Leave enough room for Clinton.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

XK posted:

I hope we don't end up with the GOPe throwing in a third candidate, or somehow loving things up so the election goes to the House and they install somebody nobody wanted. We might have an actual civil war, or American voters from both sides overthrowing the government.

That's only if they split states and together win more EVs than Clinton. It's probably more likely that Clinton wins with over 500 EVs.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 5, 2016

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

when do the results for today's poo poo storm start coming out

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Rocks posted:

4 PM EST, I think.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Rocks posted:

CNN just hinted they'll call a state at 4 PM sharp, which is either some Dem race I don't care about or KY (TRUMP)

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Lycus posted:

That's only if they split states and together win more states than Clinton. It's probably more likely that Clinton wins with over 500 EVs.

Yes, it's very unlikely, but in that unlikely scenario I believe there will be a complete national freak-out.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Venom Snake posted:

although i think trying to learn stuff and be politically aware is a bit more noble than video game boobs and playing salt simulator 2016

If your posting is the result of whatever you are trying to learn then you should go back to video games because it isn't working.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

paranoid randroid posted:

dehumanize yrself and face to the fact that the next president of the United States will be determined by whether Joe Middlebrow in NoVa feels like having Angela Merkel or Turkmenbashi running the country for the next four years

This is actual political awareness ^

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

XK posted:

Yes, it's very unlikely, but in that unlikely scenario I believe there will be a complete national freak-out.

Didn't happen in 1876 with Hayes-Tilden, FYI.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Trump is gonna get the black vote if he keeps hammering on Mexicans stealing American jobs.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Lycus posted:

That's only if they split states and together win more EVs than Clinton. It's probably more likely that Clinton wins with over 500 EVs.

Remember, for instance, that Bill Clinton won 1992 like this, 370 electoral votes:

With a vote total of Clinton 43.0%, HW Bush 37.4%, Perot 18.9%

A similar disruption of the Republican's vote by a third party could be even more catastrophic for them this town around

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Trump is gonna get he black vote if he keeps hammering on Mexicans stealing American jobs.

Nah, Black people will vote for the neolib because they love Mexicans, minorities cannot be racist and stand as an united front against the white oppressor.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Rocks posted:

Results are coming in for Kansas already. Head over to the live thread. Cruz is winning Kansas and Maine.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Actually Hillary gets the black vote.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
"Gee whiz, Mr Trump, you actually have large and strong hands!"

-Donald Trump, just now

https://youtu.be/-pQvP3ZnuhM

:getin:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

That wall guy looks like he poo poo himself.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Oiled and Ready posted:

"Gee whiz, Mr Trump, you actually have large and strong hands!"

-Donald Trump, just now

https://youtu.be/-pQvP3ZnuhM

:getin:

I really thought it was just some dumb joke but Trump really does have some weird emasculation complex with regards to his hands.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 minutes!
VA is pretty solid blue methinks.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Trump just said Bernie blew the election because he said he doesn't care about Hillary's emails :laffo:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Pick posted:

The Republicans know they're in the poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EUANd0eg-Q

You know you're going to have a great election when someone in the know is like, "I can't believe I'm saying this, gross, but I guess we might have to support Ted Cruz? This is terrible."

It's at least refreshing seeing some of them understanding why they're losing this. How many Republicans are going to jump ship to the Democratic party when Trump seals this?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Is this source legit?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Tfw we may need to rally around Ted Cruz

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

TheTatteredKing posted:

People too eager to take shots at Nate

Most of the smug and wrong stuff people mock him for actually comes from harry enten

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

ShutteredIn posted:

Trump just said Bernie blew the election because he said he doesn't care about Hillary's emails :laffo:

He's said that since that debate moment honestly while he's simplifying it's not a bad point. Bernie lost because he won't play dirty and he comes off as weak.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Most of the smug and wrong stuff people mock him for actually comes from harry enten

Yeah, Nate Silver came around in the last few months.

Hairy Enten's the one who's been insanely wrong at every turn.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Also his model may have been wrong this election cycle, but hey, it's been a ridiculously weird one, and political-statistical models like his don't always do so well when fate throws a curveball. He probably shouldn't have clung to it for so long, but it's hard to blame him for that when you've worked hard on it for a long time and it would probably be right in a "normal" cycle.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Vicente Fox!!!

"BOOOOOOOOOO"

Who's gonna pay for the wall???

"MEXICO!!!"

Who's gonna pay for the wall???

"MEXICO!!!"

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 minutes!
Rooting for Cruz is rooting for chaos right now. Love me some chaos.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Cruz at 52% in Kansas so far :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Despera posted:

Rooting for Cruz is rooting for chaos right now. Love me some chaos.

Blood/Chaos 2016

• Locked thread