Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The thorn knights were pursuing Zoss, mind. They might have been able to follow through the divisions he made with his master key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Point. Either way, that particular Earth is definitely in Mottom's stable.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

So is the implication that Mottom's about to plunder Earth unless stopped?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Eventually, sure. By rights it is hers to scour. She doesn't seem to be in much hurry though.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tenebrais posted:

Eventually, sure. By rights it is hers to scour. She doesn't seem to be in much hurry though.

She took one look at it, and thought she must have already had ravaged it and then forgot about it, and then she went looking for some more pristine place to defile.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

To be fair, the standard of living most humans have on present Earth is probably not so different from the squalor and horror known to the massive underclasses of the multiverse at large. It's not hard to imagine there are better planets to strip dry.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Anonymous asked:
Do Maya's theocidal proclivities reflect the motives and intent of the middle army she is said to be associated with, or are her philosophies her purely her own?

Maya’s philosophies are largely a result of her contentious struggle with her master (of sword manual fame).

Confirmation of what basically everyone knew already; Maya is (or, was) Meti's apprentice.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Consider: There is no such thing as a sword.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cat Mattress posted:

She took one look at it, and thought she must have already had ravaged it and then forgot about it, and then she went looking for some more pristine place to defile.

It's not clear so far how big her demense actually is; this was a fair assumption when it seemed like each demiurge had 111,000 entire universes to themselves and had to send their mobile oppression palace around to Independence Day each one in person but it's since become clearer that the division of spoils wasn't remotely equal and some undefined part of creation (notably including, IIRC, Zoss's universe) belongs to no one.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
My guess is that the number of worlds is split evenly between each demiurge, but just because a demiurge owns a particular world doesn't necessarily mean that they've made any moves against it. It likely takes a considerable amount of resources to properly seize control of a world, and the demiurges all have other concerns. It may not be a priority.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Just looking at the overall geometry of the multiverse, it seems probable that there might be a hubward/rimward continuum, with the worlds closer to Throne being more likely to be influenced by the demiurges.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
New Page is up!

Our Lady is a portly one./ But rarely does she eat.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That's just a dummy they dressed up. Mottom's out back watching Throne's Next Top Devil.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Considering her hat's basically like a big set of curtains, I wonder how many people in Throne know about her currently hideous aspect besides the other demiurges.

Also, looks like that bodyguard there has one of the lesser keys in his forehead.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Mr. Lobe posted:

Considering her hat's basically like a big set of curtains, I wonder how many people in Throne know about her currently hideous aspect besides the other demiurges.

Also, looks like that bodyguard there has one of the lesser keys in his forehead.

That could just be a leystone. Better mention its a key in the comments/tumblr so abbadon feels compelled to up the stakes again.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

New page.

Well, I wonder what's going to happen to this guy.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
To last two pages against Mottom, I like to think he puts up a decent fight.

Mortal limitations considered.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

M. Propagandalf posted:

To last two pages against Mottom, I like to think he puts up a decent fight.

Mortal limitations considered.

Defiance is an offering in itself. All is relished.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

Defiance is an offering in itself. All is relished.

A man who would stand openly defiant, alone and weaponless, in the heart of the power of a god is a fine offering indeed.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

akulanization posted:

A man who would stand openly defiant, alone and weaponless, in the heart of the power of a god is a fine offering indeed.

He shall be savoured like a fine wine; pulled open and drained of fluid.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
That aside, it is going to be hella satisfying when Allison stabs this lady directly in the face.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Two pages" includes this page, so he's dying next page. RIP Pryan Sor.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 5, 2016

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
If he doesn't die on the very next panel in an extremely unpleasant way I'll count it as a moral triumph

e: I love how nonchalant Mottom's steward is during all this. There's 4,777 worlds paying tribute today and she doesn't have time for this poo poo

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Mar 5, 2016

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

man do you think this is even the first Rebellious Stand Against The Queen the steward has had to deal with today, much less this whole week

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I'd imagine that there's a soft maximum of one Rebellious Stand Against The Queen per day, as what happens next probably puts off anyone within vision range.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
I reckon you could get a few in just by virtue of not everyone being scheduled to be in the hall at the same time and the hall being really big as well

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
I didn't notice at first, but I'm pretty sure that Mottom's steward is a gold-masked devil.

Allison is in way over her head

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im sorry, the schedule is full up on Defiant Gestures for the next five kalpa. can i slot you in sometime around the seventeenth revolution of the wheel of samsara?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

im sorry, the schedule is full up on Defiant Gestures for the next five kalpa. can i slot you in sometime around the seventeenth revolution of the wheel of samsara?

given a kalpa is like four or five billion years, that's quite a wait.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Scrree posted:

I didn't notice at first, but I'm pretty sure that Mottom's steward is a gold-masked devil.

Gold devils are weaker than ebon devils like Vladok. Besides if that's Mottom there and not some stand-in, I think a devil is going to be pretty far down on the list of poo poo you need to worry about.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 5, 2016

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I'm trying to think of what ridiculous method Allison will use to defeat Mottom and it's just so full of possibilities :allears:

Then again there are still some characters left to join the main gang, maybe she'll get help from 83 or from Auntie Maya

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

PERISH

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at least we get to see a little more of him next page

or maybe a lot more, depending on whether you're measuring by volume or surface area

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Mr. Sor, we prize nothing more highly.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Scrree posted:

When has this not been true

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SexyBlindfold posted:

I'm trying to think of what ridiculous method Allison will use to defeat Mottom and it's just so full of possibilities :allears:

That magical bullshit in her forehead has to be useful for something?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
he ded

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

To be fair, he's probably well aware of that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
these are not the actions of a man who intends to live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
jokes on him, Mottoms got a guy who can make a kick rear end stock out of those bones