Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Gonna go to a local Store Championship tomorrow. I already have my regional bye and goodies, so I'm just going for fun. I want to bring a slightly oddball Imperial list that hits like a truck and will win or lose very quickly.

I've run Decimator + Redline a couple times, and oddly, it's not as one-sided as I thought it would be. It loses hard to TLTs but against most anything else it was surprisingly effective.

I'm thinking of this instead:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...amed%20Squadron

Vessery with HLC hits hard. O'Leader or the shuttle can feed him target locks. Shuttle burns something to the ground quickly. O'Leader is there because he's my favorite ship.

Any thoughts on variants? I could sub in a stripped down decimator in place of O'Leader and the shuttle, but I'm not sure if I like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ConfusedUs posted:

Gonna go to a local Store Championship tomorrow. I already have my regional bye and goodies, so I'm just going for fun. I want to bring a slightly oddball Imperial list that hits like a truck and will win or lose very quickly.

I've run Decimator + Redline a couple times, and oddly, it's not as one-sided as I thought it would be. It loses hard to TLTs but against most anything else it was surprisingly effective.

I'm thinking of this instead:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...amed%20Squadron

Vessery with HLC hits hard. O'Leader or the shuttle can feed him target locks. Shuttle burns something to the ground quickly. O'Leader is there because he's my favorite ship.

Any thoughts on variants? I could sub in a stripped down decimator in place of O'Leader and the shuttle, but I'm not sure if I like that.

Vess is way too goddamn dear. Seriously. You can get two of the best aces with a Palpshuttle, and with all due respect to OL, he's not the best ace, he's a very good value ace. 44 points is a shitton.

On another note, today went annoyingly poorly... Played SOLV in a local SC at which the current British champ both attended and won, though I didn't play him.

1: Miranda/Poe/Stresshog. Traded OL for the Stresshog, took apart the other two gradually, but before time. 100-29.

2: VI Vader/Howl Crackswarm. Interesting match for me, I don't often face swarms, especially not well-flown ones. Vader got forced into the joust and bumped where I was hoping to get a close approach and br/boost past. Melted in exchange for a crackshot and a point of damage on someone. Dice were wildly in my favour for the rest of the game coupled with some very lucky bumps keeping Soontir out of a lot of arcs, but eventually he went down. Came down to OL, 1 Black Crack and his Vader at time, I think two more rounds I probably could have pulled it out, but... time. Great game though, even if there was a LOT of dice luck on my side. 49-70 loss, THIS close to only a modified loss or even a win. Like, millimetre bump in the last round keeping Vader out of my arc.

3: loving rainbow dash blech (yes,, painted blue, with rainbow and stars on the dial. Ugh gently caress ugh, I wanted to kill it just for that. And Miranda. Again. Soontir got dicefucked in the first engagement, died. Ugh. OL trolled the poo poo out of Miranda, which I found hilarious because my opponent was boasting about how he's completely ignorable, then got really surprised when I pointed out he blocked Miranda's C3PO and Juke basically made her defence nonexistent... But he went down to the TLTs despite repeatedly donut holing dash, and Vader followed quickly when he finally realised that Dash could open the range a bunch and keep his shot. Got Dash to half but that was it. Ugh. 29-100 I think.

4: Poe/Miranda/Blount with AHM. loving Mirandas man. Initial engagement saw Soontir JUST unable to boost out of Blount's r2 band, again, millimetres, he ate an AHM to the face, ran away for a bit, got killed by Poe eventually. Meanwhile OL at a massive hit at r1 of Miranda, two crits, almost completely out of the game from there. Vader played it out but couldn't get through double regen quickly enough to not die to the TLTs.

13/18.

Moral of the story: against this specific set of lists Vader's VI was barely useful. Only one of the Poes had VI and OL and Soontir did a lot of the work against him. Made a few errors, but mostly, gently caress TLTs man.

Bring on Dengar.

There's another one in two weeks, but I think that SOLV or WOLV will suffice again for that, especially because I don't think Wave 8 will actually be legal yet.

E: though, as a reward for a day's less than satisfactory Wanging I went and saw Deadpool when I got back and it was the aboslute fuckign tits, which was good.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 5, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I just got tabled by a really obnoxious guy who had a Delta, Onyx and Rexler with Crack Shot.

I don't want to play this game anymore :smith:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Vess is way too goddamn dear. Seriously. You can get two of the best aces with a Palpshuttle, and with all due respect to OL, he's not the best ace, he's a very good value ace. 44 points is a shitton.

I want to use Vess anyway.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I won my second game against two Decimators. Against a mentally challenged guy who basically had me running his list for him.

:smith:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Just got back from Store Champs. I went 2-2, a clear sign that maybe I'm starting to suck less. I kind of wanted to do Vader + BlackCracks but stuck with Dash + Corran since that's what I've been practicing with so much, and I finally got my head wrapped around Corran.

1. First game was against Soontir, Carnor, and OL. I killed OL, but went to time, and he had gotten Dash down to half and Corran got focus fired by Soontir and Carnor and so I lost on points. I feel like Corran's death was really down to bad dice and that I could've won otherwise, but that's x-wing.

2. I played against a Dash + AAA list and the A-wing swarm just can't get enough damage output to be worth it. The game went to time, but I had a pretty good lead on him. When the round started, I thought maybe AAA would be a good replacement for Corran, but I think not. Also, his Dash had Lando, which rolled ridiculously well. He got two tokens every single turn. But I'd still rather have Kyle.

3. Played against a Scum list consisting of Moralo, a generic Z, and Kavil with TLT. I have no fear for a single TLT. Even worse, he split his forces a little and had Kavil off by himself and Moralo and the Z on the other side of the board. I had sick dice rolls this round and Dash nuked Kavil down in no time and was able to put serious hurt on Moralo before exploding. Corran had no problem mopping up with a couple well-placed double taps and some regen.

4. This round. I found this list's biggest weak spot. It's stresshogs. This guy had Oicunn with Rebel Captive, Tactician and Kath with Tactician. I kind of knew stress builds would be problematic but this was just... bad. Dash can kind of power through the stress tokens, since I at least still get a focus token when removing one, but I handled Corran really poorly. I was a little scatter-brained because I ended up with Corran on a debris field, and I didn't think that he would trigger the obstacle when starting a maneuver from already being on that obstacle. But my opponent and the TO said that since the maneuver template goes over the obstacle, even though he started on it at the beginning of the activation phase, he gets the stress again, etc. Pisses me off and I think that's bullshit, but whatever. Lesson learned. If that's how that game is played, I'll know for next time.

I had fun, even despite the minor obstacle quibble. That being said, I am really done with Corran. For as expensive as Corran is, he just still feels like a special snowflake that has to have optimum conditions to work and I think I need at least 2 other ships with him, so he's not having to shoulder all that responsibility.

Both of my losses were against people that went to Top 8, so I feel okay. Ego intact, and once I recover mentally from this I'm ready for more!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The obstacle thing is totally true. If you end up on top of the obstacle, and some of that obstacle sticks out in front of your ship (so that the template hits it again), then you suffer the effects again.

So if you think you might hit an obstacle, you want to get your front end off of it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah speaking of obstacles, I just played some of my first games and I hit like every asteroid in space :v: I thought they were bad in Armada too. The guy who was teaching me played with Miranda, Stresshog Y, and Jake with prockets. My first game I had this list,

quote:

Prototype Pilot (17)
Chardaan Refit (-2)

Corran Horn (35)
Push the Limit (3)
Fire-Control System (2)
R2-D2 (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Poe Dameron (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Total: 100

I lost horribly both due to this being my first game and Corran getting assassinated by prockets Jake and Miranda. It was very fast so I can't quite say it's a weakness of the E-Wing but that 51 points did nothing at all.

My second game he suggested this list due to me liking B-Wings, and I actually managed to win, whether that was due to him going easy on me or not, I'll pretend he didn't.

quote:

Jake Farrell (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Keyan Farlander (29)
Push the Limit (3)
Fire-Control System (2)

Poe Dameron (31)
Lone Wolf (2)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Jake is a hell of a lot of fun to fly. I'm not sure of the Lone Wolf on Poe. Keyan did good, but I flew into too many asteroids, I think he took 3 damage from them. I'm not sure of how to set him up to get that guaranteed stress, or why FCS is good on him/B wings in general. Still this list worked great, if only because Poe and Jake are great. I also like big tanky ships but ironically Poe tanked more due to his healing. Doesn't look like there's a way to get healing on a B. Also seeing Miranda at work kind of has me wanting to buy a K wing but drat is it ugly.

Any tips on using the E-wing? Or if its worth using at all? I can see the second list as a good starting point, but the first one, I don't know. Also I have a ton to learn, getting to know how my own ships move will be a pain as I'm used to the more staid pace of Armada. It helped that we both had Jake so I could learn to fly an A just by watching what he did.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Eimi posted:

I'm not sure of how to set him up to get that guaranteed stress, or why FCS is good on him/B wings in general.

Push the Limit gives you a stress token. FCS is good because it gives you free target locks, which saves you actions. It also lets you spend a target lock on basically every attack, since you immediately reacquire it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Push the Limit gives you a stress token. FCS is good because it gives you free target locks, which saves you actions. It also lets you spend a target lock on basically every attack, since you immediately reacquire it.

Can you target lock the same ship to get a stress if you don't wanna Barrel Roll with Keyan? Since Focus is obv the first one to get.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I won my second game against two Decimators. Against a mentally challenged guy who basically had me running his list for him.

:smith:

Do you play out of the home? :v:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Eimi posted:

Can you target lock the same ship to get a stress if you don't wanna Barrel Roll with Keyan? Since Focus is obv the first one to get.

You can, but that's one of the problems with PTL Farlander. You can spend stress as focus on the offence, defensive focus isn't that useful so you're stuck with a fairly useless focus and renewing a target lock to get stress, which is used as another focus. If I was running Farlander, I'd maybe only give him FCS and treat him as a regular bwing with better access to the red moves. His big trap is spending a load of points to get stress for his pilot ability, whilst being a ship that dies as fast as a blue squadron bwing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, using the B-Wing's 2 K-turn and then using the stress to power your attack is pretty strong.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Had fun playing Whisper and Black Cracks at the tourney recently. Unfortunately, I only had a chance to play a single practice game to learn how to fly a Phantom so most of my early games ended with Whisper biting it early or being ineffectual. Lot of TLTs like I was expecting, mostly on Miranda+Dash lists. It was a little weird going up against so many Dash builds that weren't Super Dash. Top two was a very close game between a typical Poe/stresshog/TLT list and my friend's 8z list.

I think I'm going to practice a little more and stick with Imps for a little while. Never played them before and its a pretty fun difference from my usual Scum lists.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Whats that POW list that was posted. I wanna fly something fun at tomorrows store champ if i dont end up doing stream commentary.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

ro5s posted:

You can, but that's one of the problems with PTL Farlander. You can spend stress as focus on the offence, defensive focus isn't that useful so you're stuck with a fairly useless focus and renewing a target lock to get stress, which is used as another focus. If I was running Farlander, I'd maybe only give him FCS and treat him as a regular bwing with better access to the red moves. His big trap is spending a load of points to get stress for his pilot ability, whilst being a ship that dies as fast as a blue squadron bwing.

Ah, what would you suggest spending those 3 points on with Jake and Poe? I guess I could drop Chaardan for Prockets myself?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

zVxTeflon posted:

Whats that POW list that was posted. I wanna fly something fun at tomorrows store champ if i dont end up doing stream commentary.

Probably something pretty close to this:

"Omega Leader" — TIE/fo Fighter 21
Juke 2
Comm Relay 3
Stealth Device 3
Ship Total: 29

Omicron Group Pilot — Lambda-Class Shuttle 21
Emperor Palpatine 8

"Whisper" — TIE Phantom 32
Veteran Instincts 1
Fire-Control System 2
Agent Kallus 2
Advanced Cloaking Device 4
Ship Total: 41

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Eimi posted:

Ah, what would you suggest spending those 3 points on with Jake and Poe? I guess I could drop Chaardan for Prockets myself?

Bwing/E2 and a tactician for Farlander isn't bad for 3 points. Prockets are really good on Jake since awings lack punch, but 5 points is pretty hefty for a one shot weapon.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Otisburg posted:

Do you play out of the home? :v:

...kinda feels like it. It's a "store" an hour away filled with really obnoxious and gross people. I got beat by Brobots then the last game I murdered Poe in one round again. TL and focus, removed one stress from Wingman and gained another focus from Kyle. Wes made him blow a focus, stripped his other focus and gave him a stress. Then Luke and Wedge went to town. Next turn, Wes bumped and shot Kyle then Luke and Wedge shanked Blount. Blaster turret took care of Wes but he wasn't going to get Wedge and Luke.

Edit: Half the people here grab the attack/defense dice they need then another handful of the other dice and roll it all together. These people are weird.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 6, 2016

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Some Numbers posted:

Probably something pretty close to this:

"Omega Leader" — TIE/fo Fighter 21
Juke 2
Comm Relay 3
Stealth Device 3

Omicron Group Pilot — Lambda-Class Shuttle 21
Emperor Palpatine 8

"Whisper" — TIE Phantom 32
Veteran Instincts 1
Fire-Control System 2
Agent Kallus 2
Advanced Cloaking Device 4
Ship Total: 41

This, or trade the Stealth on OL to upgrade the shuttle to Yorr. Both are good, it's partly dependant on how prevalent stresshogs are in your meta and whether you value K-Turns on Whisper/OL over the stealth device's extra die.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Just won a 31 person store champ with my Dash + Ten list. http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/331694/dash-numb

Game 1: Vs a totally new guy who was running Corran and Han. Tabled him pretty easy, felt bad, tried to teach him some stuff. 100-0

Game 2: Regen Poe, Regen Ello, Stressbot. He rolled Poe way in front and hung back with everything else so I went for it. Ended up with Poe at 2 hull about a millimeter outside of Dash's target-locked, focused HLC shot. Stressbot stacked about 8 stress on Dash, Ten Numb got gangbanged and I got donuted. 100-26 loss.

Game 3: Fett, Slaver With Bossk and Gunner, Naked Z. He flew Fett onto a rock and took a range 1 attack from Ten and a shot from Dash and promptly ran away. Ten killed the Z, they ganged up on the slaver and killed him, fett died soon after. 100-29

Game 4: Brobots. Traded Ten for IG88B, I had higher PS so I just arc dodged IG88C and he never got a shot on Dash. 100-42

Game 5: Dash + Corran: My favorite match of the day. He was running the standard list and won the initiative roll so I thought this was gonna go bad. However he flew his Dash into a corner, so I knew where he was gonna go. His Dash blocked Ten, I blocked Corran. Next round I 2-k'd to get a shot on shieldless Dash, to guarantee a crit. I figured he would 2 straight with Corran and murder Ten with 2 range 1 shots + HLC, but I would crit Dash. However, he 4-kd, which bumped into my Ten. Stressed, facing the wrong way, he took 4 hits from my Dash (rolled 0 evades) and died. We chatted about Dash things for a while, I gave him one of my store rulers (I had two at this point) because he was such a good sport and didn't want him to leave with nothing. 100-29

Cut to top 4 (I was third)

Game 6: Rebel Swarm - Stressbot, 2 naked Zs, B with tactician, HWK with Mouldy Crow and TLT. Another really fun match. Started off really bad, taking 3 stress round 2 on Dash, losing Ten in one round with him doing nothing (3 blanks rerolled into 3 blanks gg). Got the Y wing to 4 hull, then managed to PS kill him with 4 hits into 0 evades, otherwise would have lost.He ended up pinning me in the corner and taking Dash to hull, but I got out, split his ships and took them down 1 by 1. Hell of a game and lots of stress jokes were made.

Game 7: Aggressor + 2 TLT Y Wings. Managed to set the rocks up so that I forced the aggressor off into the corner while I killed the TLT Y wings.Highlight was the Y wing 2-k turning onto debis, double stressing him but getting a perfect shot on a Y. The B absorbed some crucial shots from the aggressor while Dash got behind him. Only got shot at once as I picked him apart.

Stelarch
Jan 20, 2013

Archenteron posted:

And yet the "When can you measure ranges" list directly below that has as its third line "During target lock actions measure range to the intended target and only to that target."

:ffgruleswriting:

The "When can you measure ranges" list isn't actually in the "Learn to play" book like the target lock example is. I copied the "When can you measure ranges" list from the FAQ and stuck it under it to highlight the inconsistency.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
So I've been thinking. Vanilla B-Wings are a common rebel swarm type unit, but are they really better than the old T-65? I'm not so sure. The B-Wing has a slight durability advantage (2 extra shields versus the T-65's extra defense die and crit cancel from IA, which works out to ~0.5 EHP in the B-Wing's favor most of the time), but, frankly, it's dial is god-awful compared to the T-65 (especially with R2 unit). The B-Wing does have a barrel roll, which is a nice maneuver option to have, but repositioning abilities aren't as useful on low-PS pilots. So I'm starting to really think that I'd prefer T-65s over B-Wings in a swarm list.

I'm thinking about running 3x cheap T-65s plus a maxed-out Jake Farrel.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Corbeau posted:

So I've been thinking. Vanilla B-Wings are a common rebel swarm type unit, but are they really better than the old T-65? I'm not so sure. The B-Wing has a slight durability advantage (2 extra shields versus the T-65's extra defense die and crit cancel from IA, which works out to ~0.5 EHP in the B-Wing's favor most of the time), but, frankly, it's dial is god-awful compared to the T-65 (especially with R2 unit). The B-Wing does have a barrel roll, which is a nice maneuver option to have, but repositioning abilities aren't as useful on low-PS pilots. So I'm starting to really think that I'd prefer T-65s over B-Wings in a swarm list.

I'm thinking about running 3x cheap T-65s plus a maxed-out Jake Farrel.

Barrel roll, 1 turn, crew slot, cannon slot, 2k, durability and systems slot put them far ahead of the t-65.

They both get eaten by TLT

alg fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 6, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

B-wings have five shields and a systems slot. I would kill for a one hard or barrel roll on a T-65. Running them both cheap brings it closer because you're using less upgrades but it's still close.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
When the B Wing barrel rolls does the cockpit stay in place

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

The Gate posted:

This, or trade the Stealth on OL to upgrade the shuttle to Yorr. Both are good, it's partly dependant on how prevalent stresshogs are in your meta and whether you value K-Turns on Whisper/OL over the stealth device's extra die.

Having played both a little bit now, I like the latter a lot more. The free reds are great, and I've only played against a stressbot-containing list once with it (some nonsense with a stressbot + 2 tlt tactician k-wings) but it was a total blowout.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Man that 36 point Ezra shuttle really packs a wallop. I expect we'll see that in practically every rebel list. Works really well as a +1 to Fat Han also

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

canyoneer posted:

Man that 36 point Ezra shuttle really packs a wallop. I expect we'll see that in practically every rebel list. Works really well as a +1 to Fat Han also

It's like Poe, to me - extremely good at killing stuff that is seen in competitive metas (namely, shitloads of TLTs), but not overpowering in a vacuum. Ezrashuttle still gets roflstomped by large guns fairly quickly and Autothrusters aces essentially beat him for free, but he's much tankier than a standard Y-Wing in terms of how long you can expect him to survive, for sure. My expectation is that he will become moderately played, but I don't think he'll get to saturation point. Maybe? I've been playing a ton of Poe/Ezra/stresshog lately in tandem with POW, and while I think both lists are very strong, I haven't seen many other adopters locally. Really small sample size, though, of course.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Idea for a repaint: set of Brobots repainted themed around Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage. Streamers trailing from the rear arms for Macho Man, and the blonde mustache and sunglasses painted on the top of the other ship.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

canyoneer posted:

Idea for a repaint: set of Brobots repainted themed around Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage. Streamers trailing from the rear arms for Macho Man, and the blonde mustache and sunglasses painted on the top of the other ship.

Don't tempt me. Right now I want to make them look like fully wrapped anime cars. If you can find sweet wrestler decals, well...

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
There was a 5-ship Rebel list today that had a stacked TLT Y-wing and 4 generic ships including 2 B's. I guess his tactic was to bait people into chasing the Y, which they almost all did, and then the B's and (I think) A's would carve everyone up. The last round, he faced off against a guy running Vader, Wampa, OL, Palpshuttle, and I think this guy had figured out the "trick" and by the end had OL and Palpshuttle left when he blew up the last Rebel. Those two guys were top 1 and 2, IIRC, after swiss.

I want more B-wings. I'm going to totally steal the Dash + Ten Numb list for a while and see how I like it. Although, I also kind of want to branch out from Dash and maybe explore the YT-1300. I don't see how I can make it as maneuverable as Super Dash, though.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm still pretty inexperienced with this game, and my first tournament experience was a lot of losses, but would it be possible to get some of the terms bandied around explained? There's a glossary in the second post, but it doesn't help with stressbot, popemobile and similar.

canyoneer posted:

Also super curious about this! I want to run the Rebels.

e: vvvv awesome! Thanks

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 6, 2016

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

WAR FOOT posted:

I'm still pretty inexperienced with this game, and my first tournament experience was a lot of losses, but would it be possible to get some of the terms bandied around explained? There's a glossary in the second post, but it doesn't help with stressbot, popemobile and similar.

Also super curious about this! I want to run the Rebels.

Palpmobile/Palpshuttle: a Lambda-class Shuttle (usually) that is carrying Emperor Palpatine as its crew.
Stressbot: R3-A2, which allows the equipped ship to receive a stress token to inflict a stress token on its target, as long as they are in arc.
Stresshog: A Y-Wing with the BTL-A4 title, a TLT, and a stressbot equipped as its loadout, which can inflict two stress on a target in its arc.
TLT: Twin Laser Turret.

Ezra36 is:

Ezra Bridger (36)
Attack Shuttle (20)
Push The Limit (Elite; 3)
Chewbacca (Crew; 4)
Twin Laser Turret (Turret/Secondary; 6)
Hull Upgrade (Modification; 3)

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!
I really want Scum to be fun to fly. Could this guy passing off target locks be decent?

Manaroo (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Punishing One (12)

Kavil (24)
Dorsal Turret (3)
Bomb Loadout (0)
Ion Torpedoes (5)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Conner Net (4)
Advanced SLAM (2)

Binayre Pirate (12)
Assault Missiles (5)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

As long as you're having fun, it's a good list. Right? :unsmith:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Dr Intergalactic posted:

I really want Scum to be fun to fly. Could this guy passing off target locks be decent?

Manaroo (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Punishing One (12)

Kavil (24)
Dorsal Turret (3)
Bomb Loadout (0)
Ion Torpedoes (5)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Conner Net (4)
Advanced SLAM (2)

Binayre Pirate (12)
Assault Missiles (5)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

As long as you're having fun, it's a good list. Right? :unsmith:
Drop some stuff off Kavil and just leave him with the Dorsal (or better, TLT) - the torpedoes in particular are probably a waste of points, and he can't legally equip or use Advanced SLAM - and give Manaroo K4 rather than (or even as well as) PTL. Then she get to get a free lock for clearing her stress, take a focus token, pass it all off and still do a repositioning manoeuvre if need be.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
AGAIN!

thespaceinvader posted:

Drop some stuff off Kavil and just leave him with the Dorsal (or better, TLT) - the torpedoes in particular are probably a waste of points, and he can't legally equip or use Advanced SLAM - and give Manaroo K4 rather than (or even as well as) PTL. Then she get to get a free lock for clearing her stress, take a focus token, pass it all off and still do a repositioning manoeuvre if need be.

Of course. I got a little carried away with Kavil. The K4 on Manaroo is much better. Now, her ability that can transfer "... target lock tokens assigned to you " counts for both TL that you have on others AND TL that is locked on you, or just the latter? Basically can I get TLs on enemies then pass them to my other ships, so that they now hold the TL?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is the title worth it for Manaroo? She's basically there as a token giving support ship. I'd rather save the 12 points for either another Z, or different upgrades. And as tsi mentioned, that is far too many points on Kavil. The strength of a Y-wing lies in their turrets generally; bombs can be a nice surprise but you will be unlikely to make good use of the torpedo.

100 points

Manaroo (34)
JumpMaster 5000 (27), Push the Limit (3), K4 Security Droid (3), Unhinged Astromech (1)

Kavil (29)
Y-Wing (24), Dorsal Turret (3), Unhinged Astromech (1), Veteran Instincts (1)

N’Dru Suhlak (24)
Z-95 Headhunter (17), Cluster Missiles (4), Glitterstim (2), Lone Wolf (2), Guidance Chips (0)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Manaroo stays cheap so she can pass stuff off to Kavil, who will be rolling 3-4 dice with his turret depending on if you are range 1. She is cheap and has 9 hull; you can use her as a blocker to keep things in range 1 of Kavil and get a few potshots off as well. N'Dru is there for your Ordnance fun. He gets one big giant turn (pass a TL from Manaroo if you need to) and blow your Glitterstim. As long as he isn't at range 1-2 of a friendly ship, he will get to roll a missile attack at 4 dice , turning all eyeballs to focus, rerolling 1 blank, and changing another blank to a hit. Then because he used CLuster Missiles he can do it again though Guidance chips is only good for one of those shots. After he blows his wad, he can be a pain in the rear end if he gets into range 1 of something while being range 1-2 away from friendly ships. Binayre Pirate for blocking and because a Z-95 with no tokens will always do damage when you need it.

I'm no expert though.

Dr Intergalactic posted:

Of course. I got a little carried away with Kavil. The K4 on Manaroo is much better. Now, her ability that can transfer "... target lock tokens assigned to you " counts for both TL that you have on others AND TL that is locked on you, or just the latter? Basically can I get TLs on enemies then pass them to my other ships, so that they now hold the TL?

From what I can tell, she will transfer both the blue TL token and the red TL token. So she can take a TL on something and pass it along as well as a TL that someone else has on her.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
AGAIN!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm no expert though.

Well I appreciate the input either way. The title is definitely wasted on her. The idea about passing target locks is how Kavil ended up with torps.

An EU seems good with PTL Manaroo. You're able to cover a lot of area if you need to. I guess you wind up with some extra point space since you then miss out on that last generic Z.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Dr Intergalactic posted:

Manaroo dumps ALL her tokens on someone else, red or blue. It's great, she's basically immune to TL weapons and FCSes that aren't on Corran or Gunner ships.

• Locked thread