Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Buhbuhj posted:

Forgive my ignorance but are there any other fgs that have autocorrecting AA normals?

This game doesn't have that either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
nor little anime fighting game girls

sucks

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

Are jump-ins actually too weak or is this like when before release half this thread bitched about damage being too low and it actually turned out to be fine.

the damage is too low

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
How do you punish nashs spinning back knuckle attack? The few nashs I end up fighting in casual usually start the round with this attack but the way he steps out of it if he misses is hard to punish.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zooted heh posted:

How do you punish nashs spinning back knuckle attack? The few nashs I end up fighting in casual usually start the round with this attack but the way he steps out of it if he misses is hard to punish.

Some characters just can't. Practice it with different stuff in training mode. Usually it has to be a special like ken's tatsu or cammy spiral arrow

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zooted heh posted:

nashs spinning back knuckle attack

do you mean moonsault, sonic scythe or tragedy assault?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pomp posted:

the damage is too low

Do you actually think it's too low or is this going to be another thing you're going to flipflop on in a bit?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

f+HP i think

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jmcrofts posted:

f+HP i think

oh i get what he means now

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

fadam posted:

Are jump-ins actually too weak or is this like when before release half this thread bitched about damage being too low and it actually turned out to be fine.

I feel like the damage could stand to be a bit higher, but OTOH it feels like you can get meter in this game fairly quickly, encouraging the use of Supers and EX, so meh? :shrug:

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Will Balrog say one, two, etc. when he punches in this game or not? This is an important question.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

croutonZA posted:

Will Balrog say one, two, etc. when he punches in this game or not? This is an important question.

The number he says is based on how long you hold down the triple punches, actually. :eng101:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

THIS IS THE FUN POLICE EVERYONE IS UNDER ARREST

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
WHIMSY

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Buhbuhj posted:

Forgive my ignorance but are there any other fgs that have autocorrecting AA normals?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

No its just his unique attack. I think it's holding foward and hp.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

Do you actually think it's too low or is this going to be another thing you're going to flipflop on in a bit?

it's too low and would be forgivable if the game didn't move at a glacial pace, but instead it contributes to the game being boring as gently caress. Oh no i got opened up, i've only got 4 more chances to not die to tiny 5 frame throws, limited rear end frame traps, mixups that lose to jab. Getting 50% off vtrigger+super combos isn't a replacement for good damage elsewhere.

sorry i couldn't predict standing jab being an extremely reliable antiair tho lol.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Hes not turning around though. I watched Birdie fuckin reverse the direction of his hair.

ps

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Pomp posted:

it's too low and would be forgivable if the game didn't move at a glacial pace, but instead it contributes to the game being boring as gently caress. Oh no i got opened up, i've only got 4 more chances to not die to tiny 5 frame throws, limited rear end frame traps, mixups that lose to jab. Getting 50% off vtrigger+super combos isn't a replacement for good damage elsewhere.

sorry i couldn't predict standing jab being an extremely reliable antiair tho lol.

Maybe this game is Not For You?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Make Street Fighter Great Again!!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bhsman posted:

Maybe this game is Not For You?

i'm hoping they add a zoner

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
preferably one either doesn't eat poo poo from half the cast for trying to fireball from mid to full screen or directly feed most of the rest v meter

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Which character eats poo poo from half the cast for throwing a fireball from full screen?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Pomp posted:

i'm hoping they add a zoner

Does LI Joe's way of playing Nash do enough for you? At least until a legitimate one gets added?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pomp posted:

Other people seem to make all that stuff work. The game certainly doesn't feel glacially paced to me when I play or watch it.

And you didn't have to predict anything. You played the beta enough to constantly bitch about how lovely it is, and presumably you hit Chun-Li's jab button at some point in there. Did you just never consider using it as an anti-air before you made that post talking about how strong jump-ins are?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
maybe they'll give Alex a gun

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

Jmcrofts posted:

Some characters just can't. Practice it with different stuff in training mode. Usually it has to be a special like ken's tatsu or cammy spiral arrow

Yeesh. The move recovery is a -13 but lol it does not act like that.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bhsman posted:

Does LI Joe's way of playing Nash do enough for you? At least until a legitimate one gets added?

that's not zoning dude....

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
In a surprising move, Balrog will be the zoning character.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Booyah- posted:

that's not zoning dude....

That's sort of what I was implying.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

Other people seem to make all that stuff work. The game certainly doesn't feel glacially paced to me when I play or watch it.

And you didn't have to predict anything. You played the beta enough to constantly bitch about how lovely it is, and presumably you hit Chun-Li's jab button at some point in there. Did you just never consider using it as an anti-air before you made that post talking about how strong jump-ins are?

FAB makes potemkin work, I guess there's actually nothing wrong with him

normal people frequently change their minds when introduced to new information though, you mad weirdo

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Pomp posted:

If there was a Potemkin thread on SA, would you shitpost in it and antagonize people for playing a bad character as well?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Buhbuhj posted:

Hes not turning around though. I watched Birdie fuckin reverse the direction of his hair.
i cant find it but doom does a ballerina twirl if you do st.h on their incoming at crossup timing b/c the first hit where he lifts his entire goddamn leg up above his head will hit crossup and then will autocorrect on the 2nd hit
in lieu have this

https://a.pomf.cat/jwfyci.webm

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 6, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bhsman posted:

If there was a Potemkin thread on SA, would you shitpost in it and antagonize people for playing a bad character as well?

i like to complain on the internet

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

I really hope SFV does well. I mean, so much of it is incredibly half-assed so it kinda doesn't deserve to but it selling a lot is pretty much the only way another Marvel is going to happen and the world needs a new Marvel.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bhsman posted:

no, all posts about everything should be unfunny and praising, even if there are obvious flaws

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pomp posted:

normal people frequently change their minds when introduced to new information though, you mad weirdo

What new information exactly? What part of jump-ins or Chun Li's jab changed from beta until now?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Pomp posted:

i like to complain on the internet

Complaints are fine, but it's often just regurgitating the same talking points that either a) nobody cares about, or b) hasn't really been everyone's take since the game was released. It's just more dumb posting that doesn't really help anything or is constructive in any way.

Booyah- posted:

no, all posts about everything should be unfunny and praising, even if there are obvious flaws

:jerkbag: Surely you can do better.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I'm beating people with Karin just using footsies that I couldn't beat with Mika using practiced combos.

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

croutonZA posted:

I really hope SFV does well. I mean, so much of it is incredibly half-assed so it kinda doesn't deserve to but it selling a lot is pretty much the only way another Marvel is going to happen and the world needs a new Marvel.

another marvel is almost definitely never going to happen given how hard all support for it died when disney bought marvel