Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Pania of the reef she ain't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

How can you be asked this question and not say Shane McGowan?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There's been a whoooole bunch of people who have walked across the US. Some were teenagers, some were in their 50s or 60s, some carried flags the entire way, one guy also carried "a memorial panel that he created on canvas, which displayed the faces of over 6600 color images of U.S. service members, and weighed over 50 pounds." Some people have done it many times and one woman kept walking back and forth across the country for 28 years. One guy who lost his legs in Vietnam did the crossing on his hands. You can even buy instructional guide books on how to do it.

The guy who set the 46 day record would wake up at 3am, run 25 miles before breakfast, run another 25 miles before lunch and then try to get in as many more miles as he could after that to keep up his 70 mile a day average. He also had a team of supporters following him the entire way with a motor home but even they had to show incredible discipline just to keep up with him.

There's no way of knowing how many people tried and failed to cross the country but I'd love to hear more of those stories.

Some of the successful cross country treks didn't have happy endings either:

quote:

Helga Estby, a 36-year-old from Spokane, Washington, and her 18-year-old daughter Clara walked from Spokane to New York City in 1896, setting off on May 5, 1896, passing through 14 states along the way, and arriving at the latter on Christmas Eve. She did so in response to a $10,000 challenge from a sponsor given to any woman who would walk across the United States. She brought with her a compass, red-pepper spray, a revolver, and a curling iron. She wanted the money in order to save her family's 160-acre (65 ha) farm. She did not receive it.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 01:16 on Mar 6, 2016

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Karma Monkey posted:

Oh god, now I want to do this too! Coincidentally, on Friday a coworker lost the key to her locker and we had to get a guy from Maint to boltcut the padlock. Can I ask how much the outlay for the pick set and practice locks were?

CONTENT:
I really hate "prankster" poo poo, so this hits my sweet spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWUsSfE4Zzs

Just today my practice lock and pick set arrived from amazon. it was $17us with shipping. Came with a practice lock (with two keys lol), like 9 different types of picks, and a few different wrenches/prybar thingies. Like the other guy said, it's terrifyingly easy. It took me all of 45 seconds to open the lock the first time I tried.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
That's just depressing. :smith:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Smelly posted:

That's just depressing. :smith:

No you see all cops are bad so it's hilarious when they die

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I take no freude in this schaden. Unless it's the other way around. Whichever one is the sad one.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

One of my coworkers was roommates with her at Riddle. :(

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
https://i.imgur.com/I18DUeK.gifv

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The guy who set the 46 day record would wake up at 3am, run 25 miles before breakfast, run another 25 miles before lunch and then try to get in as many more miles as he could after that to keep up his 70 mile a day average. He also had a team of supporters following him the entire way with a motor home but even they had to show incredible discipline just to keep up with him.

quote:

Brindle, more than once, managed to collect burrs in her fur while seeking relief during roadside pit-stops. The stories, as on Run #1, are legendary.

Legendary.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

From a few pages back but I just wanted to say this is possibly the grossest thing I have seen on the internet, including Krokodil sores, harlequin babies, degloving injuries, and all the old Ogrish classics. It put me off eating all day, and I can't stop thinking about it no matter how hard I try. It's not even like boogers are all that gross, but the combination of Ted Cruz and boogers makes my stomach heave. Did he not notice it was there because of his weird plastic face, or did he just ignore it because he doesn't know how do anything unscripted, even something as basic as wiping his nose? I don't know but the image haunts me. This is my schadenfreude.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

You are poo poo. The poo poo is you.
(Wizard Master I mean, not the people in the picture.)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's not really any different than any of the other stuff that gets posted in this thread.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Most of the stuff what gets posted here doesn't involve people dying in the line of duty.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
One hell of a first day on the job though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Nuebot posted:

What if it was that guy's first day of crime too? Spooky if true.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

cya later, Ursula

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Karma Monkey posted:

Oh god, now I want to do this too! Coincidentally, on Friday a coworker lost the key to her locker and we had to get a guy from Maint to boltcut the padlock. Can I ask how much the outlay for the pick set and practice locks were?

CONTENT:
I really hate "prankster" poo poo, so this hits my sweet spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWUsSfE4Zzs

Did they mspaint extra blood on that nose wound to make that sweet screengrab extra gory? :psyduck:

WickedHate posted:

It's not really any different than any of the other stuff that gets posted in this thread.

The real schadenfreude is you keep re-registering this account despite being outed as a mentally-ill paedophile.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

HEY NONG MAN posted:

What if it was that guy's first day of crime too? Spooky if true.

Maybe he's only ten months from retiring from his crime life.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Garbage. And if you get pleasure from this garbage, then kill you are self.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Stop replying to him, idiots.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Achti posted:

Let me just get this out of the way since you're practically asking for it: which car in that video was yours?

Double parking is pretty stupid and "nobody is going to need those spaces anyway" is also pretty dumb. It's not too much to ask to just park like an adult.

how about you don't need to tell someone else how to park as long as it doesn't affect you

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Nitrox posted:

As much as I hate this deuchebag, the prank is good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Y6JyGCQhI&t=99s

Just an FYI since I've seen their videos posted on occasion, but "Simple Misfits" are also "Simple Pickup", a PUA group who posted videos that included going up to random women and shoving their tongues down their throats (and also apparently, pretending to be gay and joking about raping women?). Not really surprised they went from negging to ~social experiments~

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Korgan posted:

Did they mspaint extra blood on that nose wound to make that sweet screengrab extra gory? :psyduck:

Yes. Yes they did.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Korgan posted:

The real schadenfreude is you keep re-registering this account despite being outed as a mentally-ill paedophile.

Not a pedophile.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

Garbage. And if you get pleasure from this garbage, then kill you are self.

Do we need to start a PYF Cringe-Inducing Things thread?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Say Nothing posted:

Post the comments

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
http://i.imgur.com/JhrbxVZ.webm

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This kills the crab.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Did I just watch that crab fry.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can we get a schadenfreude light thread for funny gifs of people not dying / being horrificall y maimed?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Memento posted:

This kills the crab.

Cooking a crab kills it. It never ceases to amaze me the things I can learn from SA.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Memento posted:

This kills the crab.

What? Nnnnoooooooooooo...

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Turtlicious posted:

Can we get a schadenfreude light thread for funny gifs of people not dying / being horrificall y maimed?
The "Post new thread" option is available to everyone, even you.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Say Nothing posted:

She's from Austria, I guess?

Also how fat is this person?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Roblo posted:

She's from Austria, I guess?

Also how fat is this person?

Fat enough to think any food that has something green in it is healthy?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Nuebot posted:

There have been worse.

TW: official English sub of Staplerfahrer Klaus

dont be mean to me has a new favorite as of 13:59 on Mar 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Das Boo posted:

Fat enough to think any food that has something green in it is healthy?

The word "healthy" is in quotation marks, which may be an indication of irony