Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

interesting perandus chest drop on my level 10 marauder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Some dude got a volls devotion on his cadiro for like 7.5k

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Is there any list somewhere for what to look for on rares for selling? Being rather new I feel like I might be selling tons of rares that could potentially net me a bunch of currency but being oblivious to what's good outside hp and resistances that's just the way it is. Or if no list exists, some general tips for what to not throw away?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The trading system doesn't seem to specify these new Perandus coins; can anyone give me a rule of thumb on their value? Like is 50 an Orb of Alchemy or something? Could / Should I ask to trade them instead of the listed item? Or is there some use for them beyond gambling on rare items from the vendor?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Jack B Nimble posted:

The trading system doesn't seem to specify these new Perandus coins; can anyone give me a rule of thumb on their value? Like is 50 an Orb of Alchemy or something? Could / Should I ask to trade them instead of the listed item? Or is there some use for them beyond gambling on rare items from the vendor?

Sometimes you're offered straight up unique items (check the pictures up above/last page), so it's not just for gambling on rares.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Perandus Catalogues are fun

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Which builds have been working out the best so far? I noticed someone is already level 85 and might be a elementalist.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

According to the ladder there is indeed someone at level 85, and they're an elementalist. Account name piratkuk (pirate cock), character name jagforsovmigkukfitta (I overslept cock oval office). Charming swede!

Then again, the hardcore ladder has a guy at level 87, and he's a Champion.

Shishells
May 25, 2012

Can I get a re-invite to the guild? Tubberz on SC

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Mercy Izzy isn't too much trouble, depending on what things you let him take into the fight.

letting him have the curse totem things and/or a bunch of zeal charges seems like a good way to get horribly dead over and over tho.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Hey, tried to connect to irc but it hosed up or something? Can I get a ginv on Firos please? Thanks.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oh good, I'm not insane. They DID move the New Instance button from below the list to the top of the list.

The number of times I've reentered an old instance out of habit memory was starting to get annoying.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Dear Skyblazer. Pleas log on and name our tabs or email GGG to give guild leadership to someone like funman who is always on.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Just came back to the game for the first time in like 3 years. Is there a way to always show loot on the ground? Or must you always hold alt?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Zotix posted:

Just came back to the game for the first time in like 3 years. Is there a way to always show loot on the ground? Or must you always hold alt?

Z is the key. You can change it in Input options if you want.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is that arcane file extension thing I need to do to make loot filters work in Windows 10. I can't remember.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
When are you guys doing Labyrinth? I'm in A4 cruel and haven't attempted it yet. Some people are telling me its best to wait and do it in Cruel but I dunno if that is trustworthy advice.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

euphronius posted:

What is that arcane file extension thing I need to do to make loot filters work in Windows 10. I can't remember.

Paste into notepad, in the "Save as" box, change the "Save as type" to "All files", and have ".filter" as the file type.

amazeballs posted:

When are you guys doing Labyrinth? I'm in A4 cruel and haven't attempted it yet. Some people are telling me its best to wait and do it in Cruel but I dunno if that is trustworthy advice.

I did labyrinth on my first try in a4n, just before Malachai, but I picked a build that works well in Labyrinth (spark/orb of storms), and I took the traps slowly and carefully.

The good news is my build needs only the first two ascendancy points to function, so I think I'm going to spend today progressing and maybe do labyrinth once I'm fully in Merciless.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are you doing inquisitor?

That's what I am doing atm.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Are there any builds particularly bad for running the Labyrinth?

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Please invite ShadyIntent to the guild.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like necromancer is a really strong class even if you don't mancer any necros, just being able to open up the offering skills to effect yourself is like unlocking two elite self buff skills.

So with 4 points, everytime you used offering of flesh you'd get 30% attack/cast speed/movement and 40% damage, and you can cast when damage taken descrate and bone offering for 30% block/spell block/health regen on block.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lungboy posted:

Are there any builds particularly bad for running the Labyrinth?

Oldschool summoners are apparently pretty bad because of the adds in the izaro fight and the derpy AI. Doesn't apply to SRS. Everything else should be more or less doable.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Phobophilia posted:

Paste into notepad, in the "Save as" box, change the "Save as type" to "All files", and have ".filter" as the file type.

I did labyrinth on my first try in a4n, just before Malachai, but I picked a build that works well in Labyrinth (spark/orb of storms), and I took the traps slowly and carefully.

The good news is my build needs only the first two ascendancy points to function, so I think I'm going to spend today progressing and maybe do labyrinth once I'm fully in Merciless.

Nice. I am doing the same build. I just went back to normal and ascended to Heirophant. I got word of tempest for my glove enchantment which does AoE lightning damage - loving hype.

The whole experience was a bit of a slog but the traps do insane damage which kept it a little interesting. I'm reticent to jump right into Cruel Labyrinth, so I think I'll just wait until Merciless and go back when it's trivial again. Ripping on new content is more frustrating than making a mistake on old content.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.
Can I have an invite to the SC guild? ign Fedsmokerr

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone know the name of the voice actor for Izaro? I feel like I've heard him before.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 6, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nurge posted:

Oldschool summoners are apparently pretty bad because of the adds in the izaro fight and the derpy AI. Doesn't apply to SRS. Everything else should be more or less doable.

the skulls have retarded ai now, they did something to it at the start of talisman

i wouldn't expect to have a good time with any summoner

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

I don't know how I could live without knowing the gem de-leveling vendor recipes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ok ok im done after this one

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I just got chain reaction with 4 points in the saboteur ascendancy tree and my ice trapper turned into a trap god. The damage on this skill is insane, and they can "shotgun" when the small AoEs overlap. This is doing way more damage than bladefall back in talisman.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For a second character, I'm leaning towards a ice trap saboteur, a righteous fire totem chieftain, a contagion no minion necromancer or a deadeye projectile spell scion, because scion's deadeye is absolutely insane in how good every bonus is.

There is soooo much build variety now and I want to play errythang.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Holyshoot posted:

Dear Skyblazer. Pleas log on and name our tabs or email GGG to give guild leadership to someone like funman who is always on.

No thank you.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

So what exactly is the point of a corpse's level from higher levels of Desecrate? Does it affect offerings in some way? AKA, if I'm going Mistress of Sacrifice, is there any reason not to use a level 1 CWDT->Desecrate setup?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Safari Disco Lion posted:

So what exactly is the point of a corpse's level from higher levels of Desecrate? Does it affect offerings in some way? AKA, if I'm going Mistress of Sacrifice, is there any reason not to use a level 1 CWDT->Desecrate setup?

Spectres.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Corpse level is only useful for Spectres and Detonate Dead.

So yeah, Cwdt-Desecrate is an option. The downside is that it's not very consistent (you need to get hit first), you can't pre-prepare corpses for use, and you can't spam out a shitload of corpses using echo.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Had my first death in hardcore in over a year.

Did the labyrinth on normal at level 40, died to a double trap. Budget Build + no instant flasks = not enough regent to survive the bleed from traps.

So long level 40 templar... Your pants will be forever lost.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
If he had pants, this not happen. RIP :(

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I'm getting crazy gem luck tonight. First in the Caverns, I get a 7% quality Portal gem, which I've never seen before, and then just a few minutes later, I find an 18% quality Magma Orb in a Perandus chest. Then about an hour later in act 3, I find a 17% quality Controlled Destruction. I'm holding onto the Portal gem (I burn through wisdom scrolls ID'ing everything), but what should I list the other two for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i just started playing this for the first time. can i get an invite to the guild? started on the recommended softcore ladder. character name SA_Awesome.

no clue what im doing as far as character builds. is there corpse explosion? i always played a ce necro in diablo and i found a zombie skill

• Locked thread