Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Sinestro posted:

Make it a dealer installed option to have the MSRP put on your trunk lid, let the rest of us have actual names.

The amount of people I see driving their personal car around with a large "HARBOR NISSAN" banner on the top of their rear window is baffling. It's 4 inches high and like 3 feet across, so I'm guessing there would be quite a few people who wouldn't mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

KakerMix posted:

The amount of people I see driving their personal car around with a large "HARBOR NISSAN" banner on the top of their rear window is baffling. It's 4 inches high and like 3 feet across, so I'm guessing there would be quite a few people who wouldn't mind.

First thing I told the sales manager when I bought my last two cars is that if they put a banner on the rear window my cheque and I were walking away from the delivery.

Rear visibility is already poo poo on modern vehicles.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The last car I bought they went and stuck a dealer logo sticker on the bumper when they took it in to detail it that I didn't notice until I got home since we left the lot after 9PM in the middle of winter.

I was not impressed, but it came off easily enough the next day. Joke's on them, though - They were a Suzuki dealership right as Suzuki was pulling out of US car sales so they weren't going to exist long enough for me to even care enough to complain about it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Numbers are the best so that I can tell if my car is better than my neighbor's. Bigger = better. That's all that matters.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KakerMix posted:

Lol that sounds insanely poo poo and I (almost) can't believe it's a real thing

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Presented without comment: The 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback concept

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Isn't it a little late to be showing concepts for MY2017? This is just the pre-production version, right?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

KakerMix posted:

The only cars I see like that around here are courtesy loaners. Do some dealers actually do that on cars they sell? :psyduck:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mange Mite posted:

Give it a full height hatch rear like the Fit and stick something retarded under the hood and I'd love it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Mange Mite posted:

Lol that sounds insanely poo poo and I (almost) can't believe it's a real thing

Mr. Apollo posted:

The only cars I see like that around here are courtesy loaners. Do some dealers actually do that on cars they sell? :psyduck:

A complete and utter lack of taste
I thought for a brief moment that I was exaggerating but nope, I was not, it really is that big and is all over personal vehicles.

:negative:

Mange Mite posted:

This looks like a running shoe.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Mar 6, 2016

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Mange Mite posted:

Crosstour, back from the dead (same size, too)

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

blk posted:

Crosstour, back from the dead (same size, too)

I don't think there's that much of a difference between the "hatchback" and the normal sedan since I get a crosstour vibe from it as well with the weird proportions its rear end has.

It looks like they just chopped a few inches off the back of that. Cargo space had to suffer, right?

fknlo fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 6, 2016

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

KakerMix posted:

A complete and utter lack of taste
I thought for a brief moment that I was exaggerating but nope, I was not, it really is that big and is all over personal vehicles.

Eh, I'd never do it but for free oil changes I could see why a lot of people who don't give a poo poo about how their car looks would.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Mr. Apollo posted:

I really should remove the sticker from my old car. It from the dealership Pörhön Autoliike, with their website address www.porho.fi. And without the umlauts that URL translates to www.moneybags.fi :cry: I hadn't even noticed the meaning before my coworkers pointed it out.

Saukkis fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 6, 2016

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PCOS Bill posted:

The last car I bought they went and stuck a dealer logo sticker on the bumper when they took it in to detail it that I didn't notice until I got home since we left the lot after 9PM in the middle of winter.

I was not impressed, but it came off easily enough the next day. Joke's on them, though - They were a Suzuki dealership right as Suzuki was pulling out of US car sales so they weren't going to exist long enough for me to even care enough to complain about it.

Dealer riveted a dealer badge on the back of our 2012 Forester. Tailgate's ruined. Can't get it off without a big ugly scar. Thought it was a sticker/badge and didn't pay enough mind at purchase time.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Jonny 290 posted:

Dealer riveted a dealer badge on the back of our 2012 Forester. Tailgate's ruined. Can't get it off without a big ugly scar. Thought it was a sticker/badge and didn't pay enough mind at purchase time.

Wow, that's a whole new level of dickery.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

This dealer is nearby and has some fuckoff huge badges. Even worse when people don't realize it's a dealer and think you're advertising you're an eligible bachelor who can't spell.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

If it's anything beyond license plate trim, the dealer is going to be told to remove it at their cost before I take delivery of a vehicle. I'm not a mobile loving billboard and you don't get to gently caress with the paint on my new car to do it.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

bull3964 posted:

If it's anything beyond license plate trim, the dealer is going to be told to remove it at their cost before I take delivery of a vehicle. I'm not a mobile loving billboard and you don't get to gently caress with the paint on my new car to do it.
When I picked up my car I told them any stickers would get delivery refused.

I told them to not even wash it.
They didn't. :)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I wonder what this dealer does

There are literally hundreds of signs for this guy all over western Ohio/eastern Indiana.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Small stickers I don't mind as they're obviously stickers

X FORD
X CADILLAC
X JEEP

I don't really mind if they're just on the bumper or something.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Bovril Delight posted:

This dealer is nearby and has some fuckoff huge badges. Even worse when people don't realize it's a dealer and think you're advertising you're an eligible bachelor who can't spell.

San Antonio resident spotted.

There's a dealer in Houston called Sewell that does the same font and everything. I remember going to Ken Batchelor to check out the Caddy that Zigs :frogbon:

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

BloodBag posted:

There's a dealer in Houston called Sewell that does the same font and everything. I remember going to Ken Batchelor to check out the Caddy that Zigs :frogbon:

Dallas too. Sometimes it works out, I had a previously owned truck from Sewell and got free valet parking out of it multiple times since they were sponsoring the location, and I hadn't bothered to remove the badge. It was for the Infinity store and not a Nissan however so the guy asked me to pay and I told him to check the back.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I always thought dealers would knock a bit off of the purchase price if the buyer was willing to have a sticker put on their car. That Harbor Nissan one is godawful and huge but at least they offer something in return for uglifying your vehicle.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

a primate posted:

I always thought dealers would knock a bit off of the purchase price if the buyer was willing to have a sticker put on their car. That Harbor Nissan one is godawful and huge but at least they offer something in return for uglifying your vehicle.

"I'll put your sticker on my car for a discount"
"Ok"
*Immediately takes off sticker*

You can probably see how this won't work.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Bovril Delight posted:

"I'll put your sticker on my car for a discount"
"Ok"
*Immediately takes off sticker*

You can probably see how this won't work.

With all the stickers I see on a daily basis, I thought there must be some reason why people kept them on there :shrug:
The free oil change thing makes sense but I guess people are willing to live with BUDD'S BMW or whatever plastered on there for free

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
they used to drill your trunk and install dealer plaques back in the 60's-70's, I hope no dealer does that still. :smith:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Keyser S0ze posted:

they used to drill your trunk and install dealer plaques back in the 60's-70's, I hope no dealer does that still. :smith:

Well those cars turned to rust in 3 years anyways so no big loss. The plaques were actually structural.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Excuse me that is the Structural Stability Badge

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

BloodBag posted:

BATCHELOR is the biggest offender I've ever seen with Sewell badges coming in 2nd (SA resident here). I couldn't deal with that at all. I got pissed off about some Ford Pinstriping the dealer put on my last car that I didn't want, and I tell them not to even bother with their license plate frame.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
My mother's MKwhatever had some godawful pinstriping the previous dealer put on I mean what the gently caress

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

There's a local Subaru dealer around here that did do that to all their cars as well and then charged like $350 for it.

Tesla's dealer-less future cannot come fast enough. Anything to knock these local kingpins down a few pegs.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

a primate posted:

With all the stickers I see on a daily basis, I thought there must be some reason why people kept them on there :shrug:
The free oil change thing makes sense but I guess people are willing to live with BUDD'S BMW or whatever plastered on there for free
Oakville resident spotted

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Mr. Apollo posted:

I was about to say the same thing.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

bull3964 posted:

There's a local Subaru dealer around here that did do that to all their cars as well and then charged like $350 for it.

Tesla's dealer-less future cannot come fast enough. Anything to knock these local kingpins down a few pegs.

Tesla's cars are silly toys I have no interest in, but if their only legacy is the death of the dealership model their entire existence will have been justified.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bull3964 posted:

Car dealers are like half of Congress.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
yeah the dealer model aint going anywhere unfortunately

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
When I was a kid I was climbing on my dad's 1990 Camry and knocked a badge off. I was really scared he was going to be angry but he was really happy because it was the Oursman Toyota dealer badge. :P

edit: 26 years later and that car is still on the road. I love that.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Mar 8, 2016

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

CharlesM posted:

When I was a kid I was climbing on my dad's 1990 Camry and knocked a badge off. I was really scared he was going to be angry but he was really happy because it was the Oursman Toyota dealer badge. :P

edit: 26 years later and that car is still on the road. I love that.

That generation of camry is a tank. There is no stopping them, only slowing them down further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Mr. Apollo posted:

I knew some southern Ontario goon would pick up on it. Not from Oakville but I drive past there all the time.